Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest 09:55 - Sep 21 with 3053 viewsSwansIndependent

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest 21st Sep 2021 09:50
Alan Tate will join the coaching team at Nottingham Forest with Steve Cooper as his boss this week. Tate has found it difficult to settle into Russell Martin’s ethos and mindset at Swansea over the last six weeks or so. 0

Latest click above.
Subscribe to us on Twitter below

This post has been edited by an administrator
Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 10:37 - Sep 21 with 1895 viewsCatullus

Goodbye Beaker and the best of luck to you, except when you play us of course.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 11:00 - Sep 21 with 1853 viewsjackrmee

Very disappointed to see this. Love Tatey.

I guess the change of post seemed like a demotion for him. Seemed like that to me as well tbh.
Really hope Martin does well here and his decision to let Tate go ends up being a good one.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 11:07 - Sep 21 with 1831 viewssP7qupUf

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 11:00 - Sep 21 by jackrmee

Very disappointed to see this. Love Tatey.

I guess the change of post seemed like a demotion for him. Seemed like that to me as well tbh.
Really hope Martin does well here and his decision to let Tate go ends up being a good one.

Think he is off to join Stevo at Forest.
Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 11:11 - Sep 21 with 1817 viewsjackrmee

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 11:07 - Sep 21 by sP7qupUf

Any compo?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 11:25 - Sep 21 with 1793 viewsPawelAbbott

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 11:07 - Sep 21 by sP7qupUf

What from the article "Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest", makes you think that?
Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 11:27 - Sep 21 with 1781 viewsjackrmee

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 11:25 - Sep 21 by PawelAbbott

What from the article "Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest", makes you think that?

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 11:28 - Sep 21 with 1777 viewsBadlands

Obviously Martin didn't want him around.
Many tears for Tate but many have posted about him getting a job for nothing.
Sad to see him end almost 20 years at Swansea so good luck to him.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 11:33 - Sep 21 with 1774 viewsjackrmee

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 11:28 - Sep 21 by Badlands

Obviously Martin didn't want him around.
Many tears for Tate but many have posted about him getting a job for nothing.
Sad to see him end almost 20 years at Swansea so good luck to him.

Totally agree.
Big shame, but he wasn't wanted here.
Any compo for a "loan advisor scout" is basically free money.

Login to get fewer ads

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 11:56 - Sep 21 with 1722 viewsnantywatcher

Winter has destroyed the core of this club. Who within the backbone of this club has been here more ten (even 5) years? There is no history left.
Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 12:21 - Sep 21 with 1665 viewsvetchonian

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 11:56 - Sep 21 by nantywatcher

Winter has destroyed the core of this club. Who within the backbone of this club has been here more ten (even 5) years? There is no history left.

its the new Swansea Way

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 12:37 - Sep 21 with 1633 viewsjasper_T

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 11:56 - Sep 21 by nantywatcher

The exodus began before Winter arrived, a lot left after the redundancy letters went out in early 2019. Still a few kitmen and physios about.
Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 13:05 - Sep 21 with 1588 viewsReslovenSwan1

I see the reverse. There are people that think and those that do not and simply work on emotion. Then there are the activists and agitators that work on political gut feeling and sense of justice and entitlement. What they promise is 20 years down the line. How convenient. This is very obvious at Swansea City.

Winter is not a charismatic media friendly sort of bloke but I am liking what I am seeing. He has his own heritage of success and superimposed it on Swansea city. Added to this the "super successful so called sellouts" still have a residual influence and are local. I am in no doubt whatsoever they have the clubs interests a t heart and some still putting their money where their mouth is. Still minor shareholders. They are not concerned about dilution at all it seems. They understand their wealth is simply related to success on the field. Inflation in football is running faster than the effects of the 'bogey man' dilution.

The long standing Chairman was a fantastic and signalled to everyone in 2014 the ownership model was coming to an end. He had an 'Achilles heal' which eventually cost him. He showed excessive loyalty to his recruitment team that was eventually forced out. Potters team was even worse. (McKay?)

We now have the club returning to its core "Jenkinista" principles but with a top team of administrators , a respected local "head of football" a recruitment team with a good track record and reach and a manager making a no compromise stance. Just what the doctor ordered. The previous manager did not like "the direction of travel" and did not seem to work well with his back up team.

Kaplan, Levien and Silverstein are also disciples of the 'Jenkinsta' philosophy. I am a strong supporter of synergies and would love to see young Swansea prospects playing in the USA . If I was 19 again I would be off there in a shot. The club is beginning to look very 'joined up'. It needs to prevent excessive back room staff 'churn'.

Martin wants to be here "for a very long time". They all say this of course in the first three months. Martin did not know Piroe and Ntcham came via Allen. Fans obsess about was he the managers pick?. It does not matter. When the head of football says " You absolutely must sign this guy, trust me" it should be good enough.

The history is being built apon whether the faces are the same or not. Tate deserves out thanks and best wishes. Tate is similar to Rooney in the respect that he is not particularly eloquent. It means he will have to prove himself elsewhere before being given a big job.

I hope Routledge joins the ship in the academy to learn and does not join Cooper. With millions in the bank does he have the hunger for a 10 to 3 weekday job.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 16:09]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 13:53 - Sep 21 with 1506 viewsBadlands

Some would claim the club is going to pot and the heritage is lost if someone in Row G farts out of step with the clapping.
Tate must have something about him to have been retained by the club but it wasn't obvious. That Cooper is looking to take Tate and Fulton suggests, to me, he doesn't have many contacts in the game and / or he's having a little get back at the club who dumped him.
TBH I'd be upset if Routledge were to join Cooper as I think is far greater asset and offers more than either Tate or Cooper.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 13:55]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 14:01 - Sep 21 with 1488 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Maybe Tate didn't like the way that Morris treats his players vis a vis selection and round pegs in square holes.
Maybe he didn't like his ego.
Maybe they just didn't like each other.
Who knows except Tate?
Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 15:52 - Sep 21 with 1383 viewsvetchonian

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 13:53 - Sep 21 by Badlands

Some would claim the club is going to pot and the heritage is lost if someone in Row G farts out of step with the clapping.
Tate must have something about him to have been retained by the club but it wasn't obvious. That Cooper is looking to take Tate and Fulton suggests, to me, he doesn't have many contacts in the game and / or he's having a little get back at the club who dumped him.
TBH I'd be upset if Routledge were to join Cooper as I think is far greater asset and offers more than either Tate or Cooper.

Its the same as Martinez when he took Scotland, Brendan taking Joey and Pascoe.

Fulton is a much underated player and is actually as someone else has described recently an attacking midfielder with bite....its where Potter and Cooper used him....thing is most fans have seen him as a DM....most of last season when he played he was always up with the attack

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 15:57 - Sep 21 with 1378 viewsCatullus

The 'backbone' of most clubs changes hugely over 10 years.

No history left you say, has he expunged the rcord books too then?

The only constant at any club are the fans, owners and employees come and go, always have and always will but the fans hold the history in their hearts.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 16:16 - Sep 21 with 1346 viewsReslovenSwan1

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 15:57 - Sep 21 by Catullus

The 'backbone' of most clubs changes hugely over 10 years.

No history left you say, has he expunged the rcord books too then?

The only constant at any club are the fans, owners and employees come and go, always have and always will but the fans hold the history in their hearts.

The recipe of longevity is to be able and willing to take a step down and back up the promotion ladder. Alan Curtis for example was above things like ego and office politics. Monk did not use him after Laudrup but he turned up again after Bradley was sacked. Tate left the academy and was promoted to the first team. There was then no way back to the academy.

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 16:45 - Sep 21 with 1305 viewsTreforys_Jack

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 13:05 - Sep 21 by ReslovenSwan1

I see the reverse. There are people that think and those that do not and simply work on emotion. Then there are the activists and agitators that work on political gut feeling and sense of justice and entitlement. What they promise is 20 years down the line. How convenient. This is very obvious at Swansea City.

Winter is not a charismatic media friendly sort of bloke but I am liking what I am seeing. He has his own heritage of success and superimposed it on Swansea city. Added to this the "super successful so called sellouts" still have a residual influence and are local. I am in no doubt whatsoever they have the clubs interests a t heart and some still putting their money where their mouth is. Still minor shareholders. They are not concerned about dilution at all it seems. They understand their wealth is simply related to success on the field. Inflation in football is running faster than the effects of the 'bogey man' dilution.

The long standing Chairman was a fantastic and signalled to everyone in 2014 the ownership model was coming to an end. He had an 'Achilles heal' which eventually cost him. He showed excessive loyalty to his recruitment team that was eventually forced out. Potters team was even worse. (McKay?)

We now have the club returning to its core "Jenkinista" principles but with a top team of administrators , a respected local "head of football" a recruitment team with a good track record and reach and a manager making a no compromise stance. Just what the doctor ordered. The previous manager did not like "the direction of travel" and did not seem to work well with his back up team.

Kaplan, Levien and Silverstein are also disciples of the 'Jenkinsta' philosophy. I am a strong supporter of synergies and would love to see young Swansea prospects playing in the USA . If I was 19 again I would be off there in a shot. The club is beginning to look very 'joined up'. It needs to prevent excessive back room staff 'churn'.

Martin wants to be here "for a very long time". They all say this of course in the first three months. Martin did not know Piroe and Ntcham came via Allen. Fans obsess about was he the managers pick?. It does not matter. When the head of football says " You absolutely must sign this guy, trust me" it should be good enough.

The history is being built apon whether the faces are the same or not. Tate deserves out thanks and best wishes. Tate is similar to Rooney in the respect that he is not particularly eloquent. It means he will have to prove himself elsewhere before being given a big job.

I hope Routledge joins the ship in the academy to learn and does not join Cooper. With millions in the bank does he have the hunger for a 10 to 3 weekday job.

Agree with an awful lot of that.
Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 17:19 - Sep 21 with 1268 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Good. I am all for seeing former players such as Britton, Williams and Routledge given roles within the club.

They are model professionals, good role models for younger players in how to conduct yourselves on and off the pitch, and possess a proven ability of adapting to playing with the ball at your feet under pressure.

I was bemused when Tate was given a coaching role and I am happy to see he is moving elsewhere, some may even use the words forced out.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 18:00 - Sep 21 with 1238 viewsguthrieintherain

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 12:21 - Sep 21 by vetchonian

its the new Swansea Way

Jobs for the boys or destroying the core of the club can't win either way.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 18:32 - Sep 21 with 1192 viewsChief

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 13:05 - Sep 21 by ReslovenSwan1

So you see the reverse, but then go onto outline how different it is? You've been saying yourself for ages that you'd like ex players involved but now ones gone, you paint as some sort of masterstroke by Winter.

What on earth does dilution have to do with Tate leaving? And anyway dilution hasn't occurred so there's nothing for the sellouts to oppose. Although they've already made their money, so bit rich of them to complain (not that I think they would in public anyway, would vindicate too many people).

What does Tate leaving have to do with Huw trying to sell out in 2014?

Kaplan and Levein appointed Bradley, Clement, Carvalhal, Potter, Cooper and Martin. 2 of out 6 'Jenkinsista type' appointments?

Where players come from doesn't matter? A few paragraphs up you moaned about Potter signing McKay. Slight contradiction there.

Well Winter hasn't used his political gut feeling to appoint Routledge yet. Another contradiction.

Yet another propaganda piece sidebarred into an otherwise pretty unrelated topic.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 18:38 - Sep 21 with 1183 viewsChief

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 13:53 - Sep 21 by Badlands

Oh manager's appointing backroom staff they've worked with previously is extremely rare.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 18:39 - Sep 21 with 1180 viewsjasper_T

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 18:00 - Sep 21 by guthrieintherain

Jobs for the boys or destroying the core of the club can't win either way.

When the boys do their badges early, put in the hours with the younger players and work their way up as Tate did we should all be supportive. Those that don't show any interest until their playing career is over (or after one in the media fails to take off) are another matter entirely. Comfy backroom roles for former favourites may keep the fans sweet and bank balances topped up, but they don't help a football club.
Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 19:49 - Sep 21 with 1132 viewsReslovenSwan1

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 18:32 - Sep 21 by Chief

So you see the reverse, but then go onto outline how different it is? You've been saying yourself for ages that you'd like ex players involved but now ones gone, you paint as some sort of masterstroke by Winter.

What on earth does dilution have to do with Tate leaving? And anyway dilution hasn't occurred so there's nothing for the sellouts to oppose. Although they've already made their money, so bit rich of them to complain (not that I think they would in public anyway, would vindicate too many people).

What does Tate leaving have to do with Huw trying to sell out in 2014?

Kaplan and Levein appointed Bradley, Clement, Carvalhal, Potter, Cooper and Martin. 2 of out 6 'Jenkinsista type' appointments?

Where players come from doesn't matter? A few paragraphs up you moaned about Potter signing McKay. Slight contradiction there.

Well Winter hasn't used his political gut feeling to appoint Routledge yet. Another contradiction.

Yet another propaganda piece sidebarred into an otherwise pretty unrelated topic.

The guiding principles of the club set up by the former chairman persist today all be it with different personalities. The guiding hands persist in the ownership with Huw Jenkins and Martin Morgan, Their actual influence is a legacy I suspect rather than current dialogue. Levien and Kaplan bought into the 'Jenkinista' narrative. Silverstein may also have. They are learning on the job and taking this back to the USA. They are very smart cookies and i suspect decent folks.

The "sell outs" are actually still shareholders and seem content to hold on to to their shares because they believe in the clubs strategy (they helped form) and vision. They like me realise dilution is a red herring. When the club comes to sell in the Premier leagues dilution in cash terms will be over shadowed by football inflation. People do not like me mentioning Burnley for obvious reasons. Sold for £200m 5 years after Swansea was sold for £100m, Swansea was either massively undersold or inflation has been great,

Tate wants to be a manager. He has seen them all Flynn to Martin. He wants to be a manager. As I explained he is not eloquent enough to convince people he can manage Swansea. Its a huge risk. Same for Toshack. Go away play the game for 18 month like Martin and the picture is different. I have not heard Tate speak like Routledge and Britton did. Tatey clearly believes in "Cooper ball".

The point is the continuity is provided by the local shareholders not Alan Tate who was never a pure football technician and has never talked like Routledge does of philosophies.

Jenkins's problem was the same as Potters. Poor recruitment in the end. I am suggesting now we have a "dream scenario" of a good manager, good DoF and good recruitment. The whole club is pulling together. Owners, chairman, recruitment academy staff former and present shareholders. What is fans group is doing is up to them.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 19:50]

Alan Tate to leave Swansea City to link up with Steve Cooper at Forest on 19:56 - Sep 21 with 1121 viewsKeithHaynes

On my way Steve !

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024