Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Betting firm sponsors 01:36 - Sep 23 with 730 viewsWalterBoyd

No longer allowed.

This is a good thing surely.

We have had a few in the past, but the misery betting, especially online betting brings, is a living hell for a few.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10018601/No-betting-firms-s
Betting firm sponsors on 07:10 - Sep 23 with 675 viewsbuilthjack

They should ban betting adverts on TV.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Betting firm sponsors on 10:12 - Sep 23 with 609 viewsjohnlangy

Wow. I never thought i'd agree with the Daily Mail.

Spot on.
Betting firm sponsors on 13:50 - Sep 23 with 531 viewsReslovenSwan1

UK gambling firms are world leaders and one of the few. I do not expect stringent measures. There could be objections from vested interests.

Banning shirt sponsorship is fiddling around the edges.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Betting firm sponsors on 14:29 - Sep 23 with 521 viewsjasper_T

Absolutely a good thing. The association betting companies have built between themselves and football costs lives. The bombardment of messages, reminders that it matters more when there's money on it etc. are just as harmful to addicts (and future addicts) as cigarette and alcohol adverts. Betting companies pay a lot of money to have people stand up and say gambling is a vital part of enjoying our game, or that you can gamble responsibly (as long as you gamble, check out our new features...). They get their investment back tenfold, mostly from people in trouble. In most cases 5% of customers provide well over 50% of deposits for any bookmaker.

Ban adverts from stadiums, and on TV from an hour before kickoff until the final whistle of any live game. No casual gambler who likes to chuck a fiver around on a Saturday acca is effected, but we protect addicts and children from harm. Poor Ray Winstone has to find another revenue stream, but I suspect he'll be okay.
Betting firm sponsors on 15:33 - Sep 23 with 483 viewsReslovenSwan1

Betting firm sponsors on 14:29 - Sep 23 by jasper_T

Absolutely a good thing. The association betting companies have built between themselves and football costs lives. The bombardment of messages, reminders that it matters more when there's money on it etc. are just as harmful to addicts (and future addicts) as cigarette and alcohol adverts. Betting companies pay a lot of money to have people stand up and say gambling is a vital part of enjoying our game, or that you can gamble responsibly (as long as you gamble, check out our new features...). They get their investment back tenfold, mostly from people in trouble. In most cases 5% of customers provide well over 50% of deposits for any bookmaker.

Ban adverts from stadiums, and on TV from an hour before kickoff until the final whistle of any live game. No casual gambler who likes to chuck a fiver around on a Saturday acca is effected, but we protect addicts and children from harm. Poor Ray Winstone has to find another revenue stream, but I suspect he'll be okay.

Why not ban gambling altogether? Why target one particular benefactor of gambling and allow all the other benefactors to continue?

Smoking and alcohol consumption are not banned although the noose is tightening year on year on smoking. There was the argument that it was too ingrained in society to treat it like cannabis for example which is illegal.

Banning it on shirts should not be selectively targetted. Radio and TV adbvertising and Swansea independent should be targetted too..

Wise sage since Toshack era

Betting firm sponsors on 15:44 - Sep 23 with 472 viewsDr_Parnassus

Betting firm sponsors on 15:33 - Sep 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Why not ban gambling altogether? Why target one particular benefactor of gambling and allow all the other benefactors to continue?

Smoking and alcohol consumption are not banned although the noose is tightening year on year on smoking. There was the argument that it was too ingrained in society to treat it like cannabis for example which is illegal.

Banning it on shirts should not be selectively targetted. Radio and TV adbvertising and Swansea independent should be targetted too..

Sugary drinks, fast food, chocolate, beer, no more threads on Sunday tipples or burgers etc

More people die of obesity related illness than anything you could ban on a t shirt. Most people eat responsibly though. Same with any “vice”.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Betting firm sponsors on 16:02 - Sep 23 with 458 viewsjasper_T

Betting firm sponsors on 15:33 - Sep 23 by ReslovenSwan1

I don't think there's public support for an outright ban. Gambling being legal means it can be regulated.

One step at a time.
Betting firm sponsors on 19:25 - Sep 23 with 414 viewsWalterBoyd

I fi d it hard to keep up.

Smoking banned on tv adverts and from sport.

Alcohol, think still allowed on adverts but must be over 25 and cannot show you are enjoying yourself, got Dutch courage or super human strengths.

Then again. It must be banned. Cant remember last alcohol advert. Stella, reassuringly expensive and will wreck you life Strong bow 3 darts in pub , bet he drinks Carling black label. It must be banned.

Martini, any place, anytime , anywhere- moving on from my exes love life.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024