Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? 20:45 - Sep 23 with 2571 viewsReslovenSwan1

I am an old fashioned sort of bloke. In last Saturday's game one Swansea player was assaulted by a Luton player and lucky not to have been injured and another Swansea player was racially abused by a fan of Luton.

Could the two event be in some way related in the sense that unreasonable behaviour was encouraged? The fan might assume if Lansbury can flatten a Welsh teams player from behind with minimal comeback then a fan might also have some latitude . It might have appeared to a twisted soul open house especially after a spell of sheep themed chanting perhaps.?

Fake protestation of zero tolerance are not good enough in my book. Nathan Jones even disputes that Lansbury should have been booked for events after what I regard as a non foul by Manning.

This is substandard behaviour. Is abuse of Swansea players is more common than in any other team?. Is this a coincidence that Swansea are one of only three non English sides in the league? Swansea fans are know for their tolerance of what the South wales constabulary regard as anti Welsh racially aggravated abuse.

Could Mr Winter write a stiff letter to David Wilkinson for an explanation and an apology?

Some challenging concepts here folks. I do a lot of thinking in the shed above Resolven after collecting wood etc.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 21:55 - Sep 23 with 1651 viewsangryjack

Stop being a snowflake...get on with it I say...that's trouble with world complaining and moaning at anything..we didn't get a sending off against us ,that's way it is ,and you honestly say a racist comment was connected,get up brush yourself down get on with it..
Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 23:13 - Sep 23 with 1592 viewsBoundy

Well their manager doesn't think so , in fact in his opinion it was justifiable assault .

Jones launches Lansbury defence
Luton Town boss Nathan Jones has leapt to the defence of Henri Lansbury, who found himself in the firing line after appearing to kick out at Swansea's Ryan Manning during the 3-3 draw at Kenilworth Road on Saturday.

Footage of the incident went viral on social media, with many fans, and indeed pundits, left in disbelief at the decision from referee Tony Harrington not to send the Hatters man off.

Instead, both players were booked, a decision that Jones insists was actually harsh on his player.

"Henri’s going to take the free-kick, he (Manning) steps across and deliberately kicks the ball away," the Luton boss said.

"To be fair, I don’t know what else you can do.

“The amount of times that people pick the ball up and throw it, that’s time-wasting.

“Henri was going to take the free-kick that might have put us clean in.

"We did exactly the same thing the other day and scored, in the away game at Barnsley.

“He (Manning) stopped us doing that and then rolled about like he’d been shot, and that’s just it, but I thought the referee got it wrong.

“There was so much that went on in the game that we weren’t happy about, but I think any manager can say that for pretty much any Championship game.”

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 23:15 - Sep 23 with 1579 viewsDr_Parnassus

Have we really come to a point where we want the opposition to apologise for fouling someone?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 23:25 - Sep 23 with 1583 viewsswan_si

Nathan Jones sorry can't take anybody seriously when they go around dressed like a tele tubby.
Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 23:55 - Sep 23 with 1559 viewsKeithHaynes

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 23:13 - Sep 23 by Boundy

Well their manager doesn't think so , in fact in his opinion it was justifiable assault .

Jones launches Lansbury defence
Luton Town boss Nathan Jones has leapt to the defence of Henri Lansbury, who found himself in the firing line after appearing to kick out at Swansea's Ryan Manning during the 3-3 draw at Kenilworth Road on Saturday.

Footage of the incident went viral on social media, with many fans, and indeed pundits, left in disbelief at the decision from referee Tony Harrington not to send the Hatters man off.

Instead, both players were booked, a decision that Jones insists was actually harsh on his player.

"Henri’s going to take the free-kick, he (Manning) steps across and deliberately kicks the ball away," the Luton boss said.

"To be fair, I don’t know what else you can do.

“The amount of times that people pick the ball up and throw it, that’s time-wasting.

“Henri was going to take the free-kick that might have put us clean in.

"We did exactly the same thing the other day and scored, in the away game at Barnsley.

“He (Manning) stopped us doing that and then rolled about like he’d been shot, and that’s just it, but I thought the referee got it wrong.

“There was so much that went on in the game that we weren’t happy about, but I think any manager can say that for pretty much any Championship game.”

Jones isn’t worth listening to, he hates swansea for obvious reasons, we covered it all pre match on here, what a surprise he confirms how much of an idiot he is now. File under thick.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 04:11 - Sep 24 with 1505 viewsangryjack

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 23:55 - Sep 23 by KeithHaynes

Jones isn’t worth listening to, he hates swansea for obvious reasons, we covered it all pre match on here, what a surprise he confirms how much of an idiot he is now. File under thick.

Asked an awkward question and just protecting his player,he's not going to come out and say yes should been sent off and had a 3 match ban is he...he knows he lansbury got away with one..but just protecting his player in public,who knows what he said to him behind the scenes..and played with Nathan at measteg in early 90s..Nice fella old dusty..
Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 06:56 - Sep 24 with 1467 viewsSwanboyo

we will meet luton again
let us not be foolish
but also not merciful
we have to be very clever-also they must be shiiting themselves at how clever in being unmerciful we can be
Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 10:10 - Sep 24 with 1351 viewsswan65split

Just kick lumps out of him if he has the guts to play in the return game.
Login to get fewer ads

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 10:27 - Sep 24 with 1317 viewsBadlands

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 21:55 - Sep 23 by angryjack

Stop being a snowflake...get on with it I say...that's trouble with world complaining and moaning at anything..we didn't get a sending off against us ,that's way it is ,and you honestly say a racist comment was connected,get up brush yourself down get on with it..

What call the OP a snowflake?
Why bring race into it?
So much of a fan you won''t stand up for one our players.
Do you have an agenda on race too?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 10:32 - Sep 24 with 1303 viewsDr_Parnassus

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 10:27 - Sep 24 by Badlands

Why bring race into it?

Snowflake has nothing to do with race in the context used here.

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 10:33 - Sep 24 with 1300 viewsonehunglow

Why bring race into it?

Not fair to bring race into that comment.

It's a fair point although karma would be best. If it were me,I would not have seen the game out as I would have seen him off on a stretcher.

Jones to me is a typical valleys warrior. We used to keep them out of Swansea once upon a time

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 12:30 - Sep 24 with 1249 viewsReslovenSwan1

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 21:55 - Sep 23 by angryjack

I do not accept being called a 'snowflake' or a 'sheepshagger'. I am a normal citizen. Where safe, I will pull up any English person (with care and respect) who calls me this and explain to them i consider it "low level " racism which in exceptional circumstances has led to convictions and fines. The crime is also punishable by a custodial sentence.

I look at things holistically and consider Luton guilty of the following .

a) Racial discrimination of the Welsh clubs tallest black player.
b) Targeted general abuse of the Welsh clubs tallest black player. (inadequate stewarding)
c) Racially aggravated chanting on the sheep theme.
d) A cowardly assault from behind of the Welsh clubs Irish defender that was not sanctioned.
e) Intimidation of a referee out of his depth.

Swansea city deserve an apology from Luton.

Quiz question. What town was the English Defence League formed in? Have a guess.

Cymru am byth.

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 12:43 - Sep 24 with 1234 viewsangryjack

Why bring race into it?

Who brought race into it?the original post was saying we need an apology as he seems to think that the kick on manning was somehow related to the racism comment and we need an apology for the kick...Jesus everytime players go around fouling the opposition now Should swansea city ring up and say sorry we shouldn't have fouled your player it's made our fans wound up as well now and they singing naughty things come on ...another thing to resolven if someone calls me a sheep sh@gger no I won't run to police I just laugh it off..but snowflakes wouldn't get my drift
Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 12:50 - Sep 24 with 1228 viewsBoundy

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 12:30 - Sep 24 by ReslovenSwan1

I do not accept being called a 'snowflake' or a 'sheepshagger'. I am a normal citizen. Where safe, I will pull up any English person (with care and respect) who calls me this and explain to them i consider it "low level " racism which in exceptional circumstances has led to convictions and fines. The crime is also punishable by a custodial sentence.

I look at things holistically and consider Luton guilty of the following .

a) Racial discrimination of the Welsh clubs tallest black player.
b) Targeted general abuse of the Welsh clubs tallest black player. (inadequate stewarding)
c) Racially aggravated chanting on the sheep theme.
d) A cowardly assault from behind of the Welsh clubs Irish defender that was not sanctioned.
e) Intimidation of a referee out of his depth.

Swansea city deserve an apology from Luton.

Quiz question. What town was the English Defence League formed in? Have a guess.

Cymru am byth.

Perhaps you should read a stern letter to the Lord mayor of Luton Councillor Mahmood Hussain , I have a feeling he may have some sympathy towards your angst .
Not sure why you had to identify the guilty player's nationality though ,perhaps unconscious bias on you behalf ?

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 12:56 - Sep 24 with 1208 viewsDr_Parnassus

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 12:50 - Sep 24 by Boundy

Perhaps you should read a stern letter to the Lord mayor of Luton Councillor Mahmood Hussain , I have a feeling he may have some sympathy towards your angst .
Not sure why you had to identify the guilty player's nationality though ,perhaps unconscious bias on you behalf ?

Next we will be asking for an apology if we get fouled by a German team because the Nazi party was started there.

This thread

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 13:08 - Sep 24 with 1202 viewsReslovenSwan1

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 12:50 - Sep 24 by Boundy

Manning's nationality might or might not be relevant. I have never seen such a blatant assault on a football field punished so leniently. Why was he not sent off? I like many others in the media are perplexed. i am looking for an explanation.

You tell me. If Manning had done that to Lansbury do you think he would have got away with it? Was the referee intimidated in a hostile racially charged atmosphere?

So far silence from the corridors of power.

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 13:11 - Sep 24 with 1192 viewsDr_Parnassus

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 13:08 - Sep 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Manning's nationality might or might not be relevant. I have never seen such a blatant assault on a football field punished so leniently. Why was he not sent off? I like many others in the media are perplexed. i am looking for an explanation.

You tell me. If Manning had done that to Lansbury do you think he would have got away with it? Was the referee intimidated in a hostile racially charged atmosphere?

So far silence from the corridors of power.

“Was the referee intimidated in a hostile racially charged atmosphere?”

If one person in the crowd shouted that Bidwell was “fat”… would “the ref be intimidated by a hostile body shaming charged atmosphere”?

I do love hyperbole.

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 13:15 - Sep 24 with 1193 viewsReslovenSwan1

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 12:56 - Sep 24 by Dr_Parnassus

Next we will be asking for an apology if we get fouled by a German team because the Nazi party was started there.

This thread

It was not a foul it was an assault. The ball was out of play. If German ultras go after English black players there would be a controversy no doubt. The English make a very big deal about Hungarian abusers to the extent that players are openly talking of walking off.

Geography and racism. Nothing in it Dr P.? The Slavic right wing ultras are easy target. Those closer to home? No talk of Luton getting banned? There was only one? Is that true?

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 13:22 - Sep 24 with 1177 viewsDr_Parnassus

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 13:15 - Sep 24 by ReslovenSwan1

It was not a foul it was an assault. The ball was out of play. If German ultras go after English black players there would be a controversy no doubt. The English make a very big deal about Hungarian abusers to the extent that players are openly talking of walking off.

Geography and racism. Nothing in it Dr P.? The Slavic right wing ultras are easy target. Those closer to home? No talk of Luton getting banned? There was only one? Is that true?

It was a foul, it was on the football pitch.

Same as Pintados tackle on Savage, I will have to have a re-read of the apology letter we wrote them, don’t recall it off the top of my head.

As for racists… Was there more than the comment reported then? Was there even one? Who made the complaint? What was the alleged sentence? Was it racist? How many made it?

Seems a bit of a stretch to make up it was a “hostile and racially charged atmosphere” without knowing anything about it.

This is remarkably similar to you accusing a guy of being an EDL fascist because he wasn’t very nice to you and had a short haircut.

Some may think you have some kind of obsession with this. It doesn’t sound healthy.

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 13:30 - Sep 24 with 1179 viewsBoundy

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 13:15 - Sep 24 by ReslovenSwan1

You're now wandering into territory that I can only imagine exists purely in your mind , from common assault on one player by another which has now expanded into the potential start of a hunt against right-wing activists from a foreign country to Luton the hot bed of right wing extremism (I'll take your word for that). One person being spoked to by the Police ( &rightly so) but isn't it funny only one, you'd have thought cowards like that would play to an audience with others joining in so perhaps it was others in the crowd who pointed him out as most decent people would do and not some angry English mob as you alluded to.

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 13:31 - Sep 24 with 1171 viewsDr_Parnassus

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 13:30 - Sep 24 by Boundy

You're now wandering into territory that I can only imagine exists purely in your mind , from common assault on one player by another which has now expanded into the potential start of a hunt against right-wing activists from a foreign country to Luton the hot bed of right wing extremism (I'll take your word for that). One person being spoked to by the Police ( &rightly so) but isn't it funny only one, you'd have thought cowards like that would play to an audience with others joining in so perhaps it was others in the crowd who pointed him out as most decent people would do and not some angry English mob as you alluded to.

One of the most bizarre threads I have ever read, and there have been a few.

I honestly don’t know how he gets through a day.

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 13:54 - Sep 24 with 1162 viewsangryjack

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 13:31 - Sep 24 by Dr_Parnassus

One of the most bizarre threads I have ever read, and there have been a few.

I honestly don’t know how he gets through a day.

If you ask me he's a welsh nationalist,resolven a strange place,not sure they got electric up there yet..
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 13:57]
Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 14:52 - Sep 24 with 1112 viewsReslovenSwan1

Without doubt Winter should be asking for an explanation why a Luton Town player was allowed to assault a Swansea player from behind after minimal provocation and why Luton stewards allowed the targeting of one of Swansea's young black players leading to racial abuse.

Four yes four of Swansea's black and Asian player have now been abused three by English people and once by a Mexican. This is unprecedented for Swansea. Why is it happening to Swansea is a legitimate question. Could it be the racially charged atmosphere associated with Swansea City games get out of hand? The only people you can racially abuse and kick up the ar*e with no comebacks.

Four Swansea black and Asian players abused in the last 6 month or so. Yeah funny place Resolven.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 14:53]

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 14:54 - Sep 24 with 1099 viewsDr_Parnassus

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 14:52 - Sep 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Without doubt Winter should be asking for an explanation why a Luton Town player was allowed to assault a Swansea player from behind after minimal provocation and why Luton stewards allowed the targeting of one of Swansea's young black players leading to racial abuse.

Four yes four of Swansea's black and Asian player have now been abused three by English people and once by a Mexican. This is unprecedented for Swansea. Why is it happening to Swansea is a legitimate question. Could it be the racially charged atmosphere associated with Swansea City games get out of hand? The only people you can racially abuse and kick up the ar*e with no comebacks.

Four Swansea black and Asian players abused in the last 6 month or so. Yeah funny place Resolven.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 14:53]

My word

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 15:01 - Sep 24 with 1099 viewsReslovenSwan1

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 14:54 - Sep 24 by Dr_Parnassus

My word

I told you it had some challenging uncomfortable concepts.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024