Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin's post match comments 23:49 - Sep 29 with 2679 viewsDr_Parnassus

Let's try and keep this one civil, but what are the general thoughts?

He said he thought we were ''great''. And said we ''went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the league'' (1 shot on target). He seemed completely content and proud.

I said on the matchday thread, as a fanbase we will happily take errors, learning from mistakes, accountability, admitting they got something wrong and stating they will learn, correct it and be better... but this lack of accountability is frightening at times.

We aren't idiots.

Immediately after the game I was 'sort of' disappointed, not too much though as wasn't expecting anything out of the game. The way we set up annoyed me a little but assumed he could see what we all did and realise the errors there and we move on to the next game...

However comments like this make me feel he doesn't realise what went wrong and is still perfectly happy with the fact he made such decisions as pitting Mitrovic against Naughton as the center of a 3 man central defence (?!)

People talk about ''time'', but time is only relevant if you see your mistakes and learn from them. If you keep making the same errors over and over again, no amount of time will fix that, to not recognise what went wrong and be happy with that I find quite astounding.

That's my view anyway.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin's post match comments on 00:28 - Sep 30 with 2128 viewshowenjack

I saw the look on piroes face at the end .It was one of incredulity. The guy was totally isolated and had zero service throughout . One moment of magic from him set up the goal. It was the look of a man wondering what the hell is going on here. If we don't start getting him some chances he could get seriously disillusioned .
Russell Martin's post match comments on 00:46 - Sep 30 with 2116 viewsAjack_Kerouac

I have been trying not to criticise and give him time but the truth is I am very worried that we can stay in this division with this manager.
It is like you say, it is the nature of the mistakes he is making, followed by the deluded view of the game afterwards.

Some thoughts on tonight...

1 - Like you said, we are facing a big strong no.9 who is good in the air...yet Naughton is in the middle and Cabango on the right. This did not make sense.

2 - Three at the back has been kind of established as a system that works well with 1 pacy full back playing in the three, either on the left or the right (never in the centre). We have 2 full backs lining up in our back 3 most games.

3 - The static nature of our play. Russell Martin may have thought we were 'great' but I was actually pausing it and rewinding at times to demonstrate to my boy how NOT to play football....
- lack of movement off the ball
- predictable 'safe' passing.
- the lack of creativity or bravery...e.g. - when a midfielder receiving the ball's first touch should have been forward, into the space with his head up looking for the runs...instead that player would bring the ball to a stop, go backwards and play a pass that killed any chance of a swift counter attack.
- Ethan Laird, just wow. Seems to want to move as little as possible, always receives the ball with both feet planted on the ground trapping the ball dead, waits to be pressed then gives a lazy pass...I was explaining to the boy that somebody with his pace needs to be anticipating the ball, looking to go forward and get behind, knocking the ball past his man and getting crosses into the box.
He did this once and created a chance for Downes. The commentator praised Laird, I was thinking "he has had about a dozen chances to do that and declined on 11 of them"

4. The lack of attacking movement. Literally passing it down the line and back again like a shite rugby team. Somebody has to break the line, get in-between the lines, good passes and moves that trouble defences are not possible without this.

5. Lack of movement defensively. Patterson in particular looks totally uninterested in stopping an attack in it's infancy. At one point he decided to look at the floor whilst running in the wrong direction (as if in a daydream) when he needed to be pressing their centre-back who was looking to pass it forward just 5 yards from him.

6. The unwillingness to shoot when the opportunity arises, preferring to check back inside and beat the man again (which most of our players aren't capable of anyway)

7. the awfulness of the crossing, scooping it up into the air (as if we want to give their centre-backs all the time in the world to set themselves.

8. The crazy substitutions.
When Latibeaudiare came on he should have gone to centre-back - 'cos he is a centre back...which would have allowed Manning to play on the Left ('cos he is a left sided player not a centre-back).
What did our manager do?
swapped Laird to the left and played Latibeaudiare as right-wing back...so now we had 3 players out of position instead of 1!
....when you are losing by 2 goals how about an attacking change that makes sense? Where was Walsh? Martin?
Instead he brought on Cullen (2 strikers to get on the end of the zero that we were 'creating' and took off our best midfielder (Downes) to do so.

9. Our bloody full backs being our furthest players forward. Neither of them know what to do with the ball in attacking situations. Frequently we seem to be depending on them to come up with the magic in the box. They haven't got any bloody magic.

10. The manager's bullshit after games is fooling no-one, least of all the players
He needs to sort this out pronto or we are going down.
I have seen nothing from him that indicates he even has a clue anything is wrong.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Russell Martin's post match comments on 00:46 - Sep 30 with 2111 viewsAndyCole

Russell Martin's post match comments on 00:28 - Sep 30 by howenjack

I saw the look on piroes face at the end .It was one of incredulity. The guy was totally isolated and had zero service throughout . One moment of magic from him set up the goal. It was the look of a man wondering what the hell is going on here. If we don't start getting him some chances he could get seriously disillusioned .

He already is, I can assure you.

Piroe is utterly disgruntled, I promise you - ALL because of our rookie manager's hapless mis-man-management. From the very off.

Stripping him of the#9 jersey on the eve of our inaugural match of the season.

Then Russy, tail between his legs says he's sorry - ' I got you wrong '. FFS, what a clown.

Russell Martin needs to learn how to man-manage, to get anything out of this disastrous season, after such a ridiculous investment in Brand Martin.

Russell Martin is struggling to keep apace with Brand Martin pressure - and it's showing, in spades.

[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 1:07]

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Russell Martin's post match comments on 00:56 - Sep 30 with 2109 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin's post match comments on 00:46 - Sep 30 by Ajack_Kerouac

I have been trying not to criticise and give him time but the truth is I am very worried that we can stay in this division with this manager.
It is like you say, it is the nature of the mistakes he is making, followed by the deluded view of the game afterwards.

1 - Like you said, we are facing a big strong no.9 who is good in the air...yet Naughton is in the middle and Cabango on the right. This did not make sense.

2 - Three at the back has been kind of established as a system that works well with 1 pacy full back playing in the three, either on the left or the right (never in the centre). We have 2 full backs lining up in our back 3 most games.

3 - The static nature of our play. Russell Martin may have thought we were 'great' but I was actually pausing it and rewinding at times to demonstrate to my boy how NOT to play football....
- the lack of creativity or bravery...e.g. - when a midfielder receiving the ball's first touch should have been forward, into the space with his head up looking for the runs...instead that player would bring the ball to a stop, go backwards and play a pass that killed any chance of a swift counter attack.
- Ethan Laird, just wow. Seems to want to move as little as possible, always receives the ball with both feet planted on the ground trapping the ball dead, waits to be pressed then gives a lazy pass...I was explaining to the boy that somebody with his pace needs to be anticipating the ball, looking to go forward and get behind, knocking the ball past his man and getting crosses into the box.
He did this once and created a chance for Downes. The commentator praised Laird, I was thinking "he has had about a dozen chances to do that and declined on 11 of them"

4. The lack of attacking movement. Literally passing it down the line and back again like a shite rugby team. Somebody has to break the line, get in-between the lines, good passes and moves that trouble defences are not possible without this.

5. Lack of movement defensively. Patterson in particular looks totally uninterested in stopping an attack in it's infancy. At one point he decided to look at the floor whilst running in the wrong direction (as if in a daydream) when he needed to be pressing their centre-back who was looking to pass it forward just 5 yards from him.

6. The unwillingness to shoot when the opportunity arises, preferring to check back inside and beat the man again (which most of our players aren't capable of anyway)

7. the awfulness of the crossing, scooping it up into the air (as if we want to give their centre-backs all the time in the world to set themselves.

When Latibeaudiare came on he should have gone to centre-back - 'cos he is a centre back...which would have allowed Manning to play on the Left ('cos he is a left sided player not a centre-back).
What did our manager do?
swapped Laird to the left and played Latibeaudiare as right-wing back...so now we had 3 players out of position instead of 1!
....when you are losing by 2 goals how about an attacking change that makes sense? Where was Walsh? Martin?
Instead he brought on Cullen (2 strikers to get on the end of the zero that we were 'creating' and took off our best midfielder (Downes) to do so.

9. Our bloody full backs being our furthest players forward. Neither of them know what to do with the ball in attacking situations. Frequently we seem to be depending on them to come up with the magic in the box. They haven't got any bloody magic.

10. The manager's bullshit after games is fooling no-one, least of all the players
I have seen nothing from him that indicates he even has a clue anything is wrong.

I find it very difficult to disagree with anything there.

The MK Dons fans said last season that he puts more focus on winning the possession game, than winning the game. He would often be happy if they dominated possession yet only carved out a couple of chances.

Some of them said they felt he was doing it to raise his profile as opposed to do what was best for the club. To get people talking about the club that has so much possession. Kept asking for time and insisting they were working towards something, then left as soon as someone else came along before it ever materialised.

Chief found the posts and they are very interesting to read now after seeing the season so far.

Still not lost hope with him completely, but things need to start turning now and we need to start hearing some honesty. This nonsense after the games has to stop, we aren't going to be fooled by being told we were great when we weren't.

Russell Martin's post match comments on 01:15 - Sep 30 with 2081 viewsAndyCole

What did our manager do?

Such a refreshing read, AjK.

Cuts through all the BS wielded by so many of the gang. The bully boys who pounce on every rational critique of brand Martin.

The likes of big bad Jamie are oh so quiet tonight. Pathetic support , for brand Martin. Says it all.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Russell Martin's post match comments on 01:16 - Sep 30 with 2085 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russell Martin's post match comments on 01:15 - Sep 30 by AndyCole

Such a refreshing read, AjK.

Cuts through all the BS wielded by so many of the gang. The bully boys who pounce on every rational critique of brand Martin.

The likes of big bad Jamie are oh so quiet tonight. Pathetic support , for brand Martin. Says it all.

Where you been butt ?
Russell Martin's post match comments on 01:21 - Sep 30 with 2078 viewsDr_Parnassus

There were some positive comments too, a fair few were saying they thought the next season under him would be better and that he left them in a better position than when he took over. So it is a very mixed reaction to him.

But these comments seemed to strike a chord particularly:-

''We should be grateful that he cleared off out of it, taking his damn process with him. If he had stayed his process would have hindered us getting the benefit of the good players we now have. Thanks also to him for that alone.''

''I was never convinced that we would have had a strong season under Martin this year. His style of play would never have allowed for it. Way too focused on just keeping the ball, rather than actually doing anything with it. The reason why I was annoyed, is he brought himself time here by continuously saying the team was a work in progress and then jumping ship just before the season, where it was all supposed to click, was about to start.

I'm convinced that eventually Martin will be found out as a fraud. He is extremely good with a camera pointed in front of him and will always say what he thinks the fans want to hear. You just have to look at his interviews so far with Swansea and they are almost creaming themselves over what he says, rather than judging him on results. I've seen some of their fans actually say that they are so impressed with him, that they'd accept relegation in his first season, after getting to the play off final last year! Fair play to Martin, he is one hell of a con artist. If you look at their first few games, they've had all the possession and done pretty much sod all with it, while the opposition have created more chances.

I have enjoyed the 4 games under Manning far more than probably any game under Martin. We have played with a purpose, rather than aimlessly passing it around at the back. I'm convinced Martin only played that way to get the country talking about our style of play and how much possession we were having (multiple articles were written about it). From an outsiders point of view, it looks impressive, but really, we almost got relegated in his first season and finished a disappointing 13th (given the squad we had) in his second. Only Danny Wilson (2004-2008) and Dan Micciche (2018) have a worst win rate than Martin, out of all the permanent managers in our history. Tell me this guy is not a fraud.

It wont be long before Swansea get real tired of possession based football that creates 1-2 chances a game.''

I do feel the brand of football he plays is the best way to get his name out and get us the top of stats lists which are going to make him an attractive hire. It's also attractive for players to come and play here to showcase their abilities and get a move up the pyramid. But as you've said i much prefer this more slightly direct style that Manning seems to be playing and we're clearly not going to struggle to score goals this season. I'll happily take a few goal kicks going straight through to the opposition keeper if it means i can be as entertained as i have been so far this season. Playing the ball around on the deck to consume time when needed but still trying to play through the lines quickly when a gaps there to be exploited I'm more than happy with and combine that with every league game this season being a fantastic advert for league 1 football i think the reduced season tickets are going to be well worth the money.

I see he's stopped doing avoidable interviews. Doubt if he can get out of the pre and post ones. He's realised why give them rope to hang him with. All be it when he does talk he's saying the same old thing. He's also referring to us as his previous club. Why get accused of banging on about his glory days of management and that lofty 13th place at his much loved MK Dons.

Russell Martin's post match comments on 01:28 - Sep 30 with 2067 viewsAndyCole

Russell Martin's post match comments on 01:21 - Sep 30 by Dr_Parnassus

There were some positive comments too, a fair few were saying they thought the next season under him would be better and that he left them in a better position than when he took over. So it is a very mixed reaction to him.

But these comments seemed to strike a chord particularly:-

''We should be grateful that he cleared off out of it, taking his damn process with him. If he had stayed his process would have hindered us getting the benefit of the good players we now have. Thanks also to him for that alone.''

''I was never convinced that we would have had a strong season under Martin this year. His style of play would never have allowed for it. Way too focused on just keeping the ball, rather than actually doing anything with it. The reason why I was annoyed, is he brought himself time here by continuously saying the team was a work in progress and then jumping ship just before the season, where it was all supposed to click, was about to start.

I'm convinced that eventually Martin will be found out as a fraud. He is extremely good with a camera pointed in front of him and will always say what he thinks the fans want to hear. You just have to look at his interviews so far with Swansea and they are almost creaming themselves over what he says, rather than judging him on results. I've seen some of their fans actually say that they are so impressed with him, that they'd accept relegation in his first season, after getting to the play off final last year! Fair play to Martin, he is one hell of a con artist. If you look at their first few games, they've had all the possession and done pretty much sod all with it, while the opposition have created more chances.

I have enjoyed the 4 games under Manning far more than probably any game under Martin. We have played with a purpose, rather than aimlessly passing it around at the back. I'm convinced Martin only played that way to get the country talking about our style of play and how much possession we were having (multiple articles were written about it). From an outsiders point of view, it looks impressive, but really, we almost got relegated in his first season and finished a disappointing 13th (given the squad we had) in his second. Only Danny Wilson (2004-2008) and Dan Micciche (2018) have a worst win rate than Martin, out of all the permanent managers in our history. Tell me this guy is not a fraud.

It wont be long before Swansea get real tired of possession based football that creates 1-2 chances a game.''

I do feel the brand of football he plays is the best way to get his name out and get us the top of stats lists which are going to make him an attractive hire. It's also attractive for players to come and play here to showcase their abilities and get a move up the pyramid. But as you've said i much prefer this more slightly direct style that Manning seems to be playing and we're clearly not going to struggle to score goals this season. I'll happily take a few goal kicks going straight through to the opposition keeper if it means i can be as entertained as i have been so far this season. Playing the ball around on the deck to consume time when needed but still trying to play through the lines quickly when a gaps there to be exploited I'm more than happy with and combine that with every league game this season being a fantastic advert for league 1 football i think the reduced season tickets are going to be well worth the money.

I see he's stopped doing avoidable interviews. Doubt if he can get out of the pre and post ones. He's realised why give them rope to hang him with. All be it when he does talk he's saying the same old thing. He's also referring to us as his previous club. Why get accused of banging on about his glory days of management and that lofty 13th place at his much loved MK Dons.

This one says it all, for me and for a growing base of proper, clever, insightful fans:

' I'm convinced that eventually Martin will be found out as a fraud. '

Martin clearly needs some positive intervention - maybe hapless Walt can assist.........

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin's post match comments on 07:20 - Sep 30 with 1988 viewsSwans9

Swans fans great again sang all game. Pro Martin fans on here forget Mk Dons and for against last year only scored 2 more than they conceded. So if he genius how that happened if we can't defend. I not anti Martin but it costs alot of money to see us defend like that and give their keeper night off.
Russell Martin's post match comments on 08:16 - Sep 30 with 1935 views34dfgdf54

We played well, very well but got done against a £20m striker and an offside goal. We saw ourselves what a £80k a week striker did for us last year, they make a difference.

OP said before a game a 2 goal loss would be acceptable, it happened, and there are now threads going up criticising the manager. Brilliant.
Russell Martin's post match comments on 08:24 - Sep 30 with 1919 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin's post match comments on 08:16 - Sep 30 by 34dfgdf54

We played well, very well but got done against a £20m striker and an offside goal. We saw ourselves what a £80k a week striker did for us last year, they make a difference.

OP said before a game a 2 goal loss would be acceptable, it happened, and there are now threads going up criticising the manager. Brilliant.

I’m not complaining about the result, I said that in the OP. I was expecting a defeat.

I am commenting about his post match comments which didn’t at all reflect the match.

Massive difference.

Russell Martin's post match comments on 09:13 - Sep 30 with 1845 viewsSwans9

No swans fans want us to fail it not about liking a manager or not. We had 2 wins in the league 1 nil where the other team could of scored. I not going to apologize for wanting the swans to do well. I be happy with mid table at the end of the season and hopefully Martin will build something. I want him to succeed. Do I go to Derby or not now where hopefully we will get a win.
Russell Martin's post match comments on 10:32 - Sep 30 with 1748 viewsonehunglow

Make no mistake
This is a fraud speaking,one who offer hot air and expect us to breathe it all in.

Everyone should by now be at least wary;we are facing a certian relegation crap and the team that were below u are now winning-or in Russy terms getting it together.

Our better players like Piroe will be off by January a they will want to bail out asap .Whittaker is being destroyed as he apparently doesnt have Cullens ability.

Joseph was buggered off almost immediately YET the mot inspid captain on our history stands and stroll about as if he is Messi.

Great eh Russ!

He insults every fan living or dead and frankly,I am taking a break for a short time as I cannot stay calm enough to post but friends,he has to go.

You can replicate this on PS if you like Jamie.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russell Martin's post match comments on 10:34 - Sep 30 with 1738 viewsonehunglow

What did our manager do?

It is though J.
It is fooling many.It int the pundits who last night queried what the plan is.

He should walk the plank and we swallow the fact we been nobbled by a prime BSitter

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russell Martin's post match comments on 10:37 - Sep 30 with 1735 viewspencoedjack

Personally thought he was spot on.
Russell Martin's post match comments on 10:48 - Sep 30 with 1717 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin's post match comments on 10:37 - Sep 30 by pencoedjack

Personally thought he was spot on.

Russell Martin's post match comments on 13:34 - Sep 30 with 1615 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What did our manager do?

The best sum up of our Manager, his tactics and players that I have seen.
If as his proponents say he needs to learn, why didn't he learn last night during the game?
Because he can't see them.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 13:35]
Russell Martin's post match comments mom on 17:28 - Sep 30 with 1540 viewsjackcostacalida

What did our manager do?

Agree With everything.
When Fulham won the ball they attacked with pace and purpose sometimes 4 passes from defence to attack to create a scoring chance whereas When Swansea won the ball They put there foot on the ball and stood still waiting for Fulham to get back in defence.
Toe to toe is laughable they won 1st half 3-1 we had one shot ALL game, 2nd half they let us play with the ball because we not a threat. RM talks about intensity but we had none. The way we played 2nd half it looked like we were 3-1 up passing it slowly left to right left to right. I feel sorry for Piroe he didn’t have one decent pass.
I’m still hoping it will improve
Russell Martin's post match comments on 17:35 - Sep 30 with 1535 viewsjackcostacalida

Russell Martin's post match comments on 08:24 - Sep 30 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m not complaining about the result, I said that in the OP. I was expecting a defeat.

I am commenting about his post match comments which didn’t at all reflect the match.

Massive difference.

Spot on
Russell Martin's post match comments on 17:39 - Sep 30 with 1531 viewsBillyChong

Boris Johnson writes Martin’s post-match comments
Russell Martin's post match comments on 19:11 - Sep 30 with 1486 viewsshingle

Time for a nickname for Martin a justified one would be the Parrot because he keeps repeating the same excuses game after game, saying that the deluded can be called Martin,s parrots because for the last 14 games they have been repeating the same spiel aswell in regards to the work in process and give the guy time comments.
Russell Martin's post match comments on 19:48 - Sep 30 with 1458 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin's post match comments on 08:24 - Sep 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Massive difference.

So why not are you saying that to posters who are knocking Martin and his tactics on this thread?
If the post is about his comments after the game regarding the game then you have to be consistent and tell them the same thing!

On the comments, I would suspect the Martin who's comments we have read will be totally different to Martin with the players after the game and training the next day.
He's trying to encourage the players and show them that he has their back, it's man management..... Wether I, you or anyone else agrees with that style, that is what he is attempting.
My opinion is, I don't see no harm in slating the team, a player or performance as long as it doesn't get out of hands.... Its putting a question to them and shows their character in their response.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Russell Martin's post match comments on 23:50 - Sep 30 with 1343 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin's post match comments on 19:48 - Sep 30 by magicdaps10

So why not are you saying that to posters who are knocking Martin and his tactics on this thread?
If the post is about his comments after the game regarding the game then you have to be consistent and tell them the same thing!

On the comments, I would suspect the Martin who's comments we have read will be totally different to Martin with the players after the game and training the next day.
He's trying to encourage the players and show them that he has their back, it's man management..... Wether I, you or anyone else agrees with that style, that is what he is attempting.
My opinion is, I don't see no harm in slating the team, a player or performance as long as it doesn't get out of hands.... Its putting a question to them and shows their character in their response.

I don’t understand your first paragraph I’m afraid.

Nobody is asking him to slate the team or rip into players, the game didn’t really warrant that. It was his tactics that put us in a really bad spot, owning up to that and stating that he made some mistakes that he can learn from and that it resulted in a performance which wasn’t really good enough is honesty. Nobody is going to blame him for that.

Pretending we were great and went toe to toe with Fulham after having 1 shot on target is just ludicrous, and patently not true.

Russell Martin's post match comments on 01:26 - Oct 1 with 1318 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin's post match comments on 01:16 - Sep 30 by Treforys_Jack

Where you been butt ?

The esteemed AC has been holed up in RM’s office, top drawer filing cabinet, binoculars and tape recorder at the ready. Send all donations to Swansea Independent. 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin's post match comments on 10:12 - Oct 1 with 1236 viewsCatullus

Russell Martin's post match comments on 08:16 - Sep 30 by 34dfgdf54

We kept possession well but our defending was awful and that was down to selection. I've said the same as Dr P on another thread, Cabango against Kebano's pace, Naughton against Mitrovic for crosses, it was always a silly idea. Martin got it wrong and needs to learn that lesson.
I also commented on our wing backs, 20 yards short of where we needed them because they are told to be so high up the pitch. Either they are WB's and get back to defend or they are wingers, if we want wingers get somebody with pace to replace Bidwell, to start with.
Grimes is still too slow in midfield, ponderous and always plays it safe, I was saying that last season. Downes looks really good but is being hamstrung, in my opinion. Paterson is not a 90 minute player and doesn't defend either, keep him on the bench as an impact player, 30 mins a game is about what he's good for.
Cullen needs dropping and we need Obafemi up front with Piroe in a 3-4-1-2 (rather than 3-4-2-1) because without the support Piroe is swallowed up by the defence and there aren't runners giving him options.
Heck,I'd even try Laird on the left and Whittaker on the right and admit it's not wing backs anymore!
I don't mind that Martin makes mistakes, every manager makes mistakes but the good managers learn from them. I don't eeven mind that he's talking BS after the game because plenty of managers do it, Ferguson used to do a lot of it. It was to deflect attention from the players, to take pressure of them and it worked. If Martin is talking BS because he genuinely believes it though, that is a big worry.

I'm not writing him off just yet but the countdown has started. The next two games are vital to his future here though. He needs to be feeling the pressure and vitally, be willing to change. If he persists with the idea that possession is evrything and fails to make us safer in defence and sharper in attack, very soon he'll have the corwd on his back, all of us.

I desperately want him to succeed and having a plan you believe will work and stick to it is good up to a point. When it becomes clear the plan isn't working though, then you need to learn, to adapt. If he doesn't do that then the Swansea.com won't be a launchpad for him, it will become his graveyard.

His time isn't up yet but he must learn!

Saying all that we must still rmember Fulham are a good team with better players than us.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024