Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes and Grimes 21:51 - Oct 3 with 1356 viewsWalterBoyd

If you have to start them both in starting 11, where is the best position for them both ?

What would your advice to them be ?
Downes and Grimes on 22:01 - Oct 3 with 1339 viewsKeithHaynes

Downes in midfield with Walsh and Ntcham.
Grimes as a sub, best I can do. We never expected him to stay.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Downes and Grimes on 22:06 - Oct 3 with 1332 viewsWalterBoyd

Downes and Grimes on 22:01 - Oct 3 by KeithHaynes

Downes in midfield with Walsh and Ntcham.
Grimes as a sub, best I can do. We never expected him to stay.

🤣🤣

14 of the squad have covid. Only 11 players available.

The bench is not an option.

Grimes refuses to go in goals.
Downes and Grimes on 22:49 - Oct 3 with 1305 viewsjasper_T

They've worked fine together in the last two games.
Downes and Grimes on 23:18 - Oct 3 with 1290 viewsKeithHaynes

Downes and Grimes on 22:49 - Oct 3 by jasper_T

They've worked fine together in the last two games.

I agree tbh, Frimes has been far more positive. However, he needs to be more so.

Downes and Grimes on 23:39 - Oct 3 with 1279 viewsWalterBoyd

Downes and Grimes on 23:18 - Oct 3 by KeithHaynes

I agree tbh, Frimes has been far more positive. However, he needs to be more so.

It's taken alot to allow "Frimes" back in the team. .

They have been fine together. I do though think we are over defensive at times.

We need to get an attacking 3 or 4 of our starting 11 into a shape where our strikers/ attacking players are regularly having shots on goal.

More movement and intent in the attacking third.

Martin said defence was priority, job done. But we have to still be able to score goals and still have a strong defence. It cant be either or, it has to be both.

No point having a strong defence and not score. Goals win matches. A point a game will = relegation.
Downes and Grimes on 00:19 - Oct 4 with 1262 viewsKeithHaynes

Downes and Grimes on 23:39 - Oct 3 by WalterBoyd

We need to get an attacking 3 or 4 of our starting 11 into a shape where our strikers/ attacking players are regularly having shots on goal.

Martin said defence was priority, job done. But we have to still be able to score goals and still have a strong defence. It cant be either or, it has to be both.

No point having a strong defence and not score. Goals win matches. A point a game will = relegation.

I would change it but I can’t be bothered.

Downes and Grimes on 00:21 - Oct 4 with 1255 viewsWalterBoyd

Downes and Grimes on 00:19 - Oct 4 by KeithHaynes

I would change it but I can’t be bothered.

Dont blame you.

Far more important things going on.

I apologise and forget at times.
Downes and Grimes on 00:22 - Oct 4 with 1246 viewsKeithHaynes

Downes and Grimes on 00:21 - Oct 4 by WalterBoyd

Dont blame you.

Far more important things going on.

I apologise and forget at times.

I’ve actually got a bowl of ice cream to eat. 😉

Login to get fewer ads

Downes and Grimes on 01:36 - Oct 4 with 1232 viewsWalterBoyd

Downes and Grimes on 00:22 - Oct 4 by KeithHaynes

I’ve actually got a bowl of ice cream to eat. 😉

It's not as nice as Joe's though. Down Mumbles and Caswell today, stunning.

All the best with this. I wish you well.
Downes and Grimes on 01:54 - Oct 4 with 1228 viewsKilkennyjack

Play as a holding mid, controlling the keep ball and protecting our centre backs.

The other 4 can all be attacking then.

Beware of the Risen People

Downes and Grimes on 08:07 - Oct 4 with 1157 viewsThornburyswan

Seeing as you asked to start both I’d have Downes deep in front of the back 3 - in the old Leon position - & Grimes on the inside left alongside Ntcham or Walsh behind a front 2 of Piroe + one of Obafemi or Pato.
Downes and Grimes on 09:35 - Oct 4 with 1126 viewsMoscowJack

I don't mind Downes and Grimes but I would prefer to see Downes and Dan WIlliams, but that's a different story.

I think the issue we have at the moment is Corey Smith playing in a more advanced role. I understand why (to defend from the front using his energy to close down the opposition deep in their half) but we need to be a bit more creative in there. Ntcham is the obvious replacement, when he's fit.

Personally, I think Downes is more of a no.8 who can get forward and join in more with attacks. He's so quick-footed, loves a one-touch pass and isn't scared of the ball that I think Grimes should be the one sitting deeper. Downes should be given a freer role, although it seems that RM wants him dropping into the back three to cover any of them when they make forays into the opposition half.....

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Downes and Grimes on 10:04 - Oct 4 with 1092 viewsonehunglow

Downes and Grimes on 09:35 - Oct 4 by MoscowJack

I don't mind Downes and Grimes but I would prefer to see Downes and Dan WIlliams, but that's a different story.

I think the issue we have at the moment is Corey Smith playing in a more advanced role. I understand why (to defend from the front using his energy to close down the opposition deep in their half) but we need to be a bit more creative in there. Ntcham is the obvious replacement, when he's fit.

Personally, I think Downes is more of a no.8 who can get forward and join in more with attacks. He's so quick-footed, loves a one-touch pass and isn't scared of the ball that I think Grimes should be the one sitting deeper. Downes should be given a freer role, although it seems that RM wants him dropping into the back three to cover any of them when they make forays into the opposition half.....

Hep nick. Where ya bin.

Downes is assured,skilful and has simple guts and desire .

Grimes is nowhere near as good

I d like Downes appointed captain.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Downes and Grimes on 10:28 - Oct 4 with 1086 viewsDr_Winston

Downes and Grimes on 23:39 - Oct 3 by WalterBoyd

I wouldn't say that we were overly defensive. I think we're just about defensive enough. No doubt we need a bit of tweaking in the final third tho.

More pace on the left and more aggression from everyone on the edge of the area.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Downes and Grimes on 12:35 - Oct 4 with 1049 views34dfgdf54

Downes and Grimes on 09:35 - Oct 4 by MoscowJack

I'd play Dan Williams above Kory Smith in that particular role definitely if Ntcham is out for any length of time. Despite what Martin said I don't believe he will be back for the derby game.
Downes and Grimes on 12:44 - Oct 5 with 924 viewsMoscowJack

Downes and Grimes on 12:35 - Oct 4 by 34dfgdf54

I'd play Dan Williams above Kory Smith in that particular role definitely if Ntcham is out for any length of time. Despite what Martin said I don't believe he will be back for the derby game.

Me too. Absolutely love watching his hunger for the ball and ability on it. I'd have Dan and Downes in front of defence, or even one of them a bit further up as they're so comfortable on the ball.

It's a shame that Dan's got Smith, Fulton and Grimes ahead of him as he's better than all of them, in my opinion.

Downes and Grimes on 14:04 - Oct 5 with 898 viewsKeithHaynes

Downes and Grimes on 12:44 - Oct 5 by MoscowJack

Me too. Absolutely love watching his hunger for the ball and ability on it. I'd have Dan and Downes in front of defence, or even one of them a bit further up as they're so comfortable on the ball.

It's a shame that Dan's got Smith, Fulton and Grimes ahead of him as he's better than all of them, in my opinion.

I’m astonished he hasn’t been put in, Williams is a proper scrapper and a swans fan. Just what we need.

Downes and Grimes on 14:30 - Oct 5 with 876 views34dfgdf54

Downes and Grimes on 14:04 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

I’m astonished he hasn’t been put in, Williams is a proper scrapper and a swans fan. Just what we need.

We have done this to a few of our youngsters, Brandon Cooper going same way.
Downes and Grimes on 20:36 - Oct 5 with 812 viewsMoscowJack

Downes and Grimes on 14:04 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

Proper baller, proper scrapper and brave as hell on the ball. He reminds me of Leon and Joey so much.

I think RM's trying to put as much experience on the pitch to blend with the youth we already have in it, but I'd personally have Dan Williams starting. That's based on just two times that I've seen him play - RM obviously sees him on a daily basis in training.

Downes and Grimes on 22:09 - Oct 5 with 792 viewsKeithHaynes

Downes and Grimes on 14:30 - Oct 5 by 34dfgdf54

We have done this to a few of our youngsters, Brandon Cooper going same way.

This I think could be his achiles heel.

Downes and Grimes on 22:59 - Oct 5 with 764 viewsAndyCole

Flynn Downes, unwanted and released by Paul Cook (ex Midfield ace) manager at League 1 Ipswich town. And anybody who's played can see why.

Yet some beauts here think he can replace Grimesy, a mainstay under our last three managers, made captain and retained as captain by messiah Martine. Speaks volumes for the level of football intelligence by the many armchairs here unfortunately, who consistently get it so very wrong.

The level of confusion here is shone brightly on the fact that some see him as Grimes' DCM replacement, whilst other beauts see him as our creative force in the advanced, flair berth. Blimey, not many here have actually kicked a ball in earnest.

His main worth right now, whilst others are out injured, is giving Grimesy some breathing space to continue to push further forward into the red zone. And yet it's taken him all this time to get the basics of that simple role, despite eons of coaching from Martine and Grimesy.

Downes and no Grimesy is unthinkable for most sensible managers.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Downes and Grimes on 16:29 - Oct 9 with 630 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Downes and Grimes on 22:59 - Oct 5 by AndyCole

Flynn Downes, unwanted and released by Paul Cook (ex Midfield ace) manager at League 1 Ipswich town. And anybody who's played can see why.

Yet some beauts here think he can replace Grimesy, a mainstay under our last three managers, made captain and retained as captain by messiah Martine. Speaks volumes for the level of football intelligence by the many armchairs here unfortunately, who consistently get it so very wrong.

The level of confusion here is shone brightly on the fact that some see him as Grimes' DCM replacement, whilst other beauts see him as our creative force in the advanced, flair berth. Blimey, not many here have actually kicked a ball in earnest.

His main worth right now, whilst others are out injured, is giving Grimesy some breathing space to continue to push further forward into the red zone. And yet it's taken him all this time to get the basics of that simple role, despite eons of coaching from Martine and Grimesy.

Downes and no Grimesy is unthinkable for most sensible managers.

And you’ve played have you? We’ll see how much we miss him after Christmas lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Downes and Grimes on 20:45 - Oct 9 with 599 viewsmax936

Downes and Grimes on 22:09 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

This I think could be his achiles heel.

I'd love to see Fulton get a run of games, I love his aggression and desire, I think he's what we need to move us forward, he's not a player that wants to pass the ball backwards IMO.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 0:16]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Downes and Grimes on 00:20 - Oct 10 with 577 viewsmax936

Downes and Grimes on 16:29 - Oct 9 by Brynmill_Jack

And you’ve played have you? We’ll see how much we miss him after Christmas lol

He's played Subbuteo, that counts doesn't it. Why people respond to twpy the twp I don't know, he was probably slagging Coop's off last season under another user name.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Downes and Grimes on 17:59 - Oct 10 with 519 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Downes and Grimes on 20:45 - Oct 9 by max936

I'd love to see Fulton get a run of games, I love his aggression and desire, I think he's what we need to move us forward, he's not a player that wants to pass the ball backwards IMO.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 0:16]

He hasn’t been treated well - I think he’s got more to his game than Grimes (if picking Grimes not as a defensive mid) he’s more positive, more aggressive and has a knack of scoring . Seriously underrated player who should replace Ntcham for the Cardiff game if unfit

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024