Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NHS Covid pass 21:44 - Oct 6 with 5911 viewsowainglyndwr

Anyone else done this yet ...
Mine said valid in England , guess the one to cover Wales is not up and running
NHS Covid pass on 21:47 - Oct 6 with 3320 viewsKeithHaynes

Can you get a free test in a chemist in Wales and use that as complying with the guidelines for entry ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

NHS Covid pass on 22:08 - Oct 6 with 3280 viewsBoundy

I've got mine, in fact I have two, one runs out on the 23rd and I just did another which runs out on the 5th Nov so hopefully nothing will go wrong for the game against those lot up the road

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

NHS Covid pass on 23:38 - Oct 6 with 3218 viewsploppy

Mine says Valid in England too. This is a known issue and the Welsh NHS are trying to get it fixed by Oct 11th - when it's actually needed. Not surprising, I suppose, that the Welsh NHS piggybacked on the English version - but failed in the simplest of tasks to change the wording.
NHS Covid pass on 23:41 - Oct 6 with 3216 viewsTenbySwan

I did mine a couple of weeks ago for a holiday with this link on another thread

https://gov.wales/nhs-covid-pass-prove-your-vaccination-status

(This link is for people who live in Wales)

It's pretty straight forward, you just need your name and dob to start it off . You have to upload a photo of your driving license or passport. Then have to record a selfie video of you reading out a code they send you.

Best to do all that on a phone.

During the process you set up an account which is your e mail and a password

When complete you can log in and print off your Covid pass which has a QI code on it which can be scanned when you enter the stadium or just shown to someone, depending on technology they have

The Covid pass is valid for a 3 -4 weeks or so and can be reprinted when it runs out.

Very easy and straightforward.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2021 23:52]
NHS Covid pass on 23:47 - Oct 6 with 3200 viewsTenbySwan

NHS Covid pass on 23:38 - Oct 6 by ploppy

Mine says Valid in England too. This is a known issue and the Welsh NHS are trying to get it fixed by Oct 11th - when it's actually needed. Not surprising, I suppose, that the Welsh NHS piggybacked on the English version - but failed in the simplest of tasks to change the wording.

Fake news. Wales have a system set up. See my other post. If you are living in Wales you just have to make sure you go to the Welsh site.

Likewise if you live in England go to the English NHS one.
NHS Covid pass on 06:16 - Oct 7 with 3125 viewspencoedjack

NHS Covid pass on 23:47 - Oct 6 by TenbySwan

Fake news. Wales have a system set up. See my other post. If you are living in Wales you just have to make sure you go to the Welsh site.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/concern-w

It’s not fake news as the passport says valid in England at the moment.

I’m sure Drakeford will catch up in a few weeks.
NHS Covid pass on 06:59 - Oct 7 with 3112 viewsbuilthjack

NHS Covid pass on 23:41 - Oct 6 by TenbySwan

I did mine a couple of weeks ago for a holiday with this link on another thread

https://gov.wales/nhs-covid-pass-prove-your-vaccination-status

(This link is for people who live in Wales)

It's pretty straight forward, you just need your name and dob to start it off . You have to upload a photo of your driving license or passport. Then have to record a selfie video of you reading out a code they send you.

Best to do all that on a phone.

During the process you set up an account which is your e mail and a password

When complete you can log in and print off your Covid pass which has a QI code on it which can be scanned when you enter the stadium or just shown to someone, depending on technology they have

The Covid pass is valid for a 3 -4 weeks or so and can be reprinted when it runs out.

Very easy and straightforward.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2021 23:52]

Did mine on the Welsh gov/nhs website the other night. Easy. Get your driving licence ready, be prepared for a photo, then a quick video. Then hey presto, 20 minutes later you get an email and your covid passport is on there showing the dates of yor jobs, all your details, and bar code.
really simple to do. I used an ipad.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

NHS Covid pass on 08:53 - Oct 7 with 3045 viewsAnotherJohn

NHS Covid pass on 06:59 - Oct 7 by builthjack

Did mine on the Welsh gov/nhs website the other night. Easy. Get your driving licence ready, be prepared for a photo, then a quick video. Then hey presto, 20 minutes later you get an email and your covid passport is on there showing the dates of yor jobs, all your details, and bar code.
really simple to do. I used an ipad.

Does this generate a pass saying something other than "Valid in England"? I followed the suggested Welsh link but still got that English message on the pass.
Login to get fewer ads

NHS Covid pass on 10:24 - Oct 7 with 3010 viewsBadlands

NHS Covid pass on 08:53 - Oct 7 by AnotherJohn

Does this generate a pass saying something other than "Valid in England"? I followed the suggested Welsh link but still got that English message on the pass.

I followed the links from sources in Wales, e'g' Swans site, WoL etc and got the message, 'valid in England' and assumed it meant even though you went through the Wales route it was also valid in England.
On the other hand it could be the app is the one provided for England and Wales; or, instead of wasting £millions the Senedd has adopted the app approved for England; or, the powers that be consider Wales to be part of England and the word 'Wales' or 'Cymru' has been obliterated.
Take your pick.
If it isn't accepted there will be thousands kicking off outside the ground.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

NHS Covid pass on 12:41 - Oct 7 with 2982 viewsCatullus

NHS Covid pass on 10:24 - Oct 7 by Badlands

I followed the links from sources in Wales, e'g' Swans site, WoL etc and got the message, 'valid in England' and assumed it meant even though you went through the Wales route it was also valid in England.
On the other hand it could be the app is the one provided for England and Wales; or, instead of wasting £millions the Senedd has adopted the app approved for England; or, the powers that be consider Wales to be part of England and the word 'Wales' or 'Cymru' has been obliterated.
Take your pick.
If it isn't accepted there will be thousands kicking off outside the ground.

It's certainly something the club needs to be aware of and it wouldn't hurt if they made a statement one way or the other.

If thousands of people are being turned away because it says 'valid in England' there will indeed be ructions.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

NHS Covid pass on 13:37 - Oct 7 with 2949 viewsTenbySwan

This is absolutely no issue., and you are making an issue of nothing.

Away fans will all have the English Covid Pass. They will not be able to get a 'Welsh' Covid Pass

At the end of the day it is a Covid Pass !

The usual suspects are just using it as a snide opportunity to have a dig at the Welsh Government.
NHS Covid pass on 13:51 - Oct 7 with 2942 viewsploppy

NHS Covid pass on 23:47 - Oct 6 by TenbySwan

Not fake news at all mate. I went through the Wales NHS site. I got my pass and I'm sure it'll work, but it DOES say Valid in England. As I pointed out, this is a known issue and the Welsh NHS are hoping to have it fixed by Oct 11th. Not suggesting for one minute that it won't work, but the QR code I received at the end of the process had a green tick with Valid in England after it.
NHS Covid pass on 15:19 - Oct 7 with 2911 viewsBoundy

NHS Covid pass on 13:37 - Oct 7 by TenbySwan

Away fans will all have the English Covid Pass. They will not be able to get a 'Welsh' Covid Pass

The usual suspects are just using it as a snide opportunity to have a dig at the Welsh Government.

This refers to us "home" fans , I have two passes both of which state just below the "2D barcode valid for settings in England that have opted in to NHS Covid PASS "
The Welsh government (sic) doesn't need any help from us to show how inept it is .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

NHS Covid pass on 15:44 - Oct 7 with 2891 viewsTreforys_Jack

NHS Covid pass on 13:51 - Oct 7 by ploppy

Not fake news at all mate. I went through the Wales NHS site. I got my pass and I'm sure it'll work, but it DOES say Valid in England. As I pointed out, this is a known issue and the Welsh NHS are hoping to have it fixed by Oct 11th. Not suggesting for one minute that it won't work, but the QR code I received at the end of the process had a green tick with Valid in England after it.

This.

Not sure why people are disputing this.
NHS Covid pass on 15:46 - Oct 7 with 2890 viewsploppy

NHS Covid pass on 15:44 - Oct 7 by Treforys_Jack

This.

Not sure why people are disputing this.

We mustn't criticise the Welsh Government. That's the way I read it.
NHS Covid pass on 16:51 - Oct 7 with 2854 viewsTreforys_Jack

NHS Covid pass on 15:46 - Oct 7 by ploppy

We mustn't criticise the Welsh Government. That's the way I read it.

That's how I'm reading it as well.

My pass says "valid in England" doesn't say only in England, just valid in England, so is this the right pass or do we have to wait for a new covid pass for Wales to be launched. Really ambiguous, I spoke to the helpline and the woman said she doesn't know why we are not combined with NHS England, much simpler.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2021 16:54]
NHS Covid pass on 18:58 - Oct 7 with 2802 viewsCatullus

NHS Covid pass on 16:51 - Oct 7 by Treforys_Jack

That's how I'm reading it as well.

My pass says "valid in England" doesn't say only in England, just valid in England, so is this the right pass or do we have to wait for a new covid pass for Wales to be launched. Really ambiguous, I spoke to the helpline and the woman said she doesn't know why we are not combined with NHS England, much simpler.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2021 16:54]

Yep me too.

Wasn't it on the news last night that the Senedd were hoping to have this sorted out today. It's all down to the wording which the Senedd hope will be changed today.

Maybe if the devolved governments and Westminster weren't all busy trying to be better than each other and actually cooperated, things would get better?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

NHS Covid pass on 20:35 - Oct 7 with 2766 viewsploppy

NHS Covid pass on 18:58 - Oct 7 by Catullus

Yep me too.

Wasn't it on the news last night that the Senedd were hoping to have this sorted out today. It's all down to the wording which the Senedd hope will be changed today.

Maybe if the devolved governments and Westminster weren't all busy trying to be better than each other and actually cooperated, things would get better?

My thoughts exactly.
NHS Covid pass on 22:19 - Oct 7 with 2729 viewsCatullus

NHS Covid pass on 20:35 - Oct 7 by ploppy

My thoughts exactly.

And earlier on I sorted out my pass, the wording has been changed and now it just says 'Valid' with a green tick.

It was a nightmare to do though, only because my chromebook and smart phone are utterly feckin hopeless! The chromebook is quite old now but my phone is 6 months old and it's shite, do not get a Nokia!

NHS Covid pass on 22:23 - Oct 7 with 2727 viewsbuilthjack

NHS Covid pass on 08:53 - Oct 7 by AnotherJohn

No. Expiry 29th October.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

NHS Covid pass on 00:26 - Oct 8 with 2687 viewsTreforys_Jack

Finally been sorted, it now says "valid" no mention of England. Took them long enough.
NHS Covid pass on 12:47 - Oct 8 with 2614 viewsBillyChong

Wales were waiting for England to update their site. Job done before it’s relevant in Wales so no point fingering the blame at either side.
NHS Covid pass on 14:53 - Oct 8 with 2594 viewsCountyJim

When I went to the Motorpoint few weeks back I had to show my covid passport and also show my debit card to show I wasn't using someone else pass because you could just take a screenshot
NHS Covid pass on 07:37 - Oct 11 with 2420 viewsfelixstowe_jack

NHS Covid pass on 13:37 - Oct 7 by TenbySwan

All Swanses season tickets holders and fans who live In England and travel regularly to support Swansea will have the English pass.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

NHS Covid pass on 07:46 - Oct 11 with 2416 viewsfelixstowe_jack

NHS Covid pass on 12:47 - Oct 8 by BillyChong

Wales were waiting for England to update their site. Job done before it’s relevant in Wales so no point fingering the blame at either side.

Just reloaded my English NHS pass it no just has a green tick and valid. The NHS in England has been available since June but at the time Wales said it did not intend going do the pass route. Now Drakeford has changed his mind and is using the English NHS pass, the pass has been updated to remove valid in England to just Valid. It makes much more sense to work together than .

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024