Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Tate “Theres a lot more I could write” The unanswered questions remain 08:25 - Oct 7 with 789 viewsSwansIndependent

Alan Tate “Theres a lot more I could write” The unanswered questions remain 7th Oct 2021 08:23
Alan Tate has spoken out regards his leaving of the club in the city he calls his adopted home. In an emotional personally written letter Tate has made it clear he would love to return to Swansea City one day. However, many questions are left unanswered. 2

Click above for the story.
Subscribe to us on Twitter below.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Alan Tate “Theres a lot more I could write” The unanswered questions remain on 09:09 - Oct 7 with 730 viewsOptimisticJack

Alan Tate is very wise and professional not to criticise the new regime.
Criticism can work both ways and best kept quiet.

Optimisticjack

Alan Tate “Theres a lot more I could write” The unanswered questions remain on 09:26 - Oct 7 with 702 viewsYrAlarch

There's a young man who can hold his head up high. All the best to him.
Alan Tate “Theres a lot more I could write” The unanswered questions remain on 09:56 - Oct 7 with 658 viewsCatullus

New managers usually want their own crew so I won't hold that against Martin but he should be professional enough to at least recognise Tatey's service. The jury is still outo Martin but don't we nearly all love Beaker?

This is a minus point for the new regime.

On the other hand Tate has behaved properly, with respect for the club and us fans.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Alan Tate “Theres a lot more I could write” The unanswered questions remain on 10:07 - Oct 7 with 641 viewsonehunglow

Alan Tate “Theres a lot more I could write” The unanswered questions remain on 09:56 - Oct 7 by Catullus

New managers usually want their own crew so I won't hold that against Martin but he should be professional enough to at least recognise Tatey's service. The jury is still outo Martin but don't we nearly all love Beaker?

This is a minus point for the new regime.

On the other hand Tate has behaved properly, with respect for the club and us fans.

Alan was a terrific player for us. Not the best player per se but one with the best attitude.

I met his dad ,Bill ,a few times and his mum and lovely people they were and Alan clearly given the best values at home.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Alan Tate “Theres a lot more I could write” The unanswered questions remain on 10:16 - Oct 7 with 635 viewsBadlands

We all wished for a team of Tates an absolute Swansea legend ... but did we wish for a team managed by Tate? Not so sure.
As a coach who has followed Cooper I assume Alan's football philosophy does not st well with Martin.
Martin probably didn't want him around and he had to go just as Cooper got shot of Britton and Curtis.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Alan Tate “Theres a lot more I could write” The unanswered questions remain on 10:19 - Oct 7 with 628 viewsonehunglow

Alan Tate “Theres a lot more I could write” The unanswered questions remain on 10:16 - Oct 7 by Badlands

We all wished for a team of Tates an absolute Swansea legend ... but did we wish for a team managed by Tate? Not so sure.
As a coach who has followed Cooper I assume Alan's football philosophy does not st well with Martin.
Martin probably didn't want him around and he had to go just as Cooper got shot of Britton and Curtis.

Tate certainly hated losing and not winning games though.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Alan Tate “Theres a lot more I could write” The unanswered questions remain on 10:38 - Oct 7 with 605 viewsvetchonian

Alan Tate “Theres a lot more I could write” The unanswered questions remain on 10:16 - Oct 7 by Badlands

Britton and Curtis were well away from the coaching staff before Cooper arrived in fact Britts amd Curt were instrumental in his appointment ....yet again selcetive narratives and myth generation.....I doubt Tate being "edged " out is more to do with numbers and how the backroom team works not about philosphy...just rememebr Tate was part of the MArtinez, Rodgers years....

This is not to be seen as a defence of Cooper but more the truth!!!!!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Alan Tate “Theres a lot more I could write” The unanswered questions remain on 10:42 - Oct 7 with 593 viewsKeithHaynes

Alan Tate “Theres a lot more I could write” The unanswered questions remain on 09:09 - Oct 7 by OptimisticJack

Alan Tate is very wise and professional not to criticise the new regime.
Criticism can work both ways and best kept quiet.

And that’s a fact.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Alan Tate “Theres a lot more I could write” The unanswered questions remain on 12:35 - Oct 7 with 514 viewsReslovenSwan1

Tate is a good working class lad and has seen Swansea from Flynn to Martin. Through the brilliance of Huw Jenkins he has witnessed the brightest and the best inaction.

The main question s what has he learned from those great managers? It is a question of intellect. Football intellect and understanding tactics formations recruitment data etc. Martinez - articulate. Rodgers articulate, Laudrup articulate Potter articulate.

Tate is not articulate like say Routledge and has never spoken eloquently about his personal coaching development and what he learned. He is like Rooney in that respect. Has he absorbed the craft and can he put those lessons into action and produce a winning team?.

This is not to say he cannot do it. He probably can. Because of his perceived lack of good articulation of his ideas he will have to do more to prove himself than say Monk or Martinez. The friendly performance under Tate was actually a lot more impressive than Coopers last match.

In my opinion he would be better taking over Newport or Kidderminster Harriers rather than going as number two to Forest. He has already got 20 years under some top coaches and two years under Cooper. He might hope to inherit Forest when Cooper is poached or sacked. But then he runs into the "articulation gap". Is he smart enough,?
[Post edited 7 Oct 2021 13:05]

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024