Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... 09:00 - Oct 8 with 1761 viewsSwansIndependent

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... 8th Oct 2021 09:00
Swansea City led the way last season with a social media lockdown in response to numerous players at the club being abused and victimised by cowardly posts on all mediums of the Internet. The story went worldwide, bar of course certain media who chose not to report it, and now Robert Page is stating his Wales side will walk off the pitch if the same treatment occurs tonight in Prague. 1

Decision time for Wales, click above.
Subscribe to us on Twitter below

This post has been edited by an administrator
The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 09:34 - Oct 8 with 1245 viewsBoundy

Well firstly lets hope there's no need to pull the players off but if it arises then hopefully they'll have the gonads to do it , regardless of the penalties imposed after .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 10:27 - Oct 8 with 1180 viewsonehunglow

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 09:34 - Oct 8 by Boundy

Well firstly lets hope there's no need to pull the players off but if it arises then hopefully they'll have the gonads to do it , regardless of the penalties imposed after .

WALK OFF.

Wale would be respected greatly for doing so by countries who are worth being respected. Being disrespected by Czehs,Hungarians,Bulgarians,Serbs ,Croats would be a badge of honour

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 10:34 - Oct 8 with 1189 viewsKeithHaynes

Big decisions for Page tonight and it’s got nothing to do with team selection.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 10:55 - Oct 8 with 1153 viewsonehunglow

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 10:34 - Oct 8 by KeithHaynes

Buenos dias
In a way,I hope it does and it forces his hand. It's time for all of us genuinely sickened by racist jerks to show their time is up. It is now 2021.

If it happen and we do not I would never watch another Wale game EVER.

This could be OUR time when a small nation shows the greedy,filthy billybigbollox nations how to show real contempt for racism.Nothing but nothing has football done to combat this.

And no,we are not as bad as the eastern bloc .

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 17:19 - Oct 8 with 1073 viewsCatullus

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 10:34 - Oct 8 by KeithHaynes

Thing is Keith, now this has been said you can just bet that some idiots in Prague are planning what to say, planning to orchestrate a racist chant like some sort of twisted challenge to Wales.

If it happens, and now I expect it to, Wales should absolutely walk off and if UEFA punish us we should push it all the way.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 17:30 - Oct 8 with 1061 viewsFlashberryjack

Will they walk off if they are booed for taking the knee ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 17:43 - Oct 8 with 1050 viewsFlashberryjack

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 17:19 - Oct 8 by Catullus

Thing is Keith, now this has been said you can just bet that some idiots in Prague are planning what to say, planning to orchestrate a racist chant like some sort of twisted challenge to Wales.

If it happens, and now I expect it to, Wales should absolutely walk off and if UEFA punish us we should push it all the way.

Media fuelling a reaction, so they can fill tomorrows sports pages.

Hello

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 18:04 - Oct 8 with 1032 viewsKeithHaynes

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 17:43 - Oct 8 by Flashberryjack

Media fuelling a reaction, so they can fill tomorrows sports pages.

Could be, but not sure Page should have said it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 18:11 - Oct 8 with 1021 viewsReslovenSwan1

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 10:55 - Oct 8 by onehunglow

Buenos dias
In a way,I hope it does and it forces his hand. It's time for all of us genuinely sickened by racist jerks to show their time is up. It is now 2021.

If it happen and we do not I would never watch another Wale game EVER.

This could be OUR time when a small nation shows the greedy,filthy billybigbollox nations how to show real contempt for racism.Nothing but nothing has football done to combat this.

And no,we are not as bad as the eastern bloc .

You are not interested in the Cymru team at all as you have stated many times. I am not surprised you want Cymru to be the guinea pigs for anti racist direct action and the consequences that result. England had abuse Hungary and did nothing. They have much more clout than Cymru. FAW should record any incidences and make a report if required.

Only last week you were stating you were happy Cabango was not picked so he could rest.

You also do not recognise Anti Welsh sheep themed abuse is racist although have given you two examples of convictions for this activity.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 18:17 - Oct 8 with 1015 viewsReslovenSwan1

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 18:04 - Oct 8 by KeithHaynes

Page left some sack in his comments. He would consider it if the conditions "became intolerable" I think his words were. This could include the trowing of projectiles or concerns over the players safety.

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 18:22 - Oct 8 with 1004 viewsFlashberryjack

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 18:04 - Oct 8 by KeithHaynes

IMHO he shouldn't have said it, but he has, and he can't take it back now.

Managers should be managing, footballers should be playing, fans should be watching and the football authorities should be dealing with problems like these.

BTW what's the availability of Quality street over with you ?

Hello

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 18:40 - Oct 8 with 987 viewsonehunglow

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 18:11 - Oct 8 by ReslovenSwan1

You are not interested in the Cymru team at all as you have stated many times. I am not surprised you want Cymru to be the guinea pigs for anti racist direct action and the consequences that result. England had abuse Hungary and did nothing. They have much more clout than Cymru. FAW should record any incidences and make a report if required.

Only last week you were stating you were happy Cabango was not picked so he could rest.

You also do not recognise Anti Welsh sheep themed abuse is racist although have given you two examples of convictions for this activity.

Hmm,I am a Swansea Boy,born and bred,valley warrior. Granted we always looked down on you as rather backward. Nothing personal but the 60 saw us teens always scrapping with the Valley boys,Turks and Neathies. It was great.

Wales? Which Wales,you narrow minded English hating narrative .Nah,I aint interested .

I am interested primarily on my home town club.Wales a distant second.

Now,if you're still with me, I was replying to the narrative of this thread which is evil institutionalised racism in the east Bloc.

On yer bike ,bach

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 18:48 - Oct 8 with 987 viewsReslovenSwan1

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 18:40 - Oct 8 by onehunglow

Hmm,I am a Swansea Boy,born and bred,valley warrior. Granted we always looked down on you as rather backward. Nothing personal but the 60 saw us teens always scrapping with the Valley boys,Turks and Neathies. It was great.

Wales? Which Wales,you narrow minded English hating narrative .Nah,I aint interested .

I am interested primarily on my home town club.Wales a distant second.

Now,if you're still with me, I was replying to the narrative of this thread which is evil institutionalised racism in the east Bloc.

On yer bike ,bach

I detest English racist behaviour to Welsh families and call it out. Nothing narrow minded about it. I love England and English people but not the racists. I spent one third of my life over Offa's dyke.

Czechs find monkey chants funny just like British fans did in the 1960s. English fans find sheep slurs funny and still do .

Its all the same crap.

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 19:19 - Oct 8 with 956 viewsonehunglow

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 18:48 - Oct 8 by ReslovenSwan1

I detest English racist behaviour to Welsh families and call it out. Nothing narrow minded about it. I love England and English people but not the racists. I spent one third of my life over Offa's dyke.

Czechs find monkey chants funny just like British fans did in the 1960s. English fans find sheep slurs funny and still do .

Its all the same crap.

The first three words are all you need to say.

Pitiful

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 20:15 - Oct 8 with 948 viewsCatullus

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 18:11 - Oct 8 by ReslovenSwan1

I don't get how you can be so wound up about some name calling that most of us don't seem to consider racist and so laisez faire about this?

If players get genuine racist abuse play on but report it, NO, walk off. Let the racists know it won't be tolerated. Just because we are a small team it doesn't mean we should do nothing and hope the authorities act. No, we should do something, try to force their hands.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 21:46 - Oct 8 with 896 viewsLohengrin

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 17:30 - Oct 8 by Flashberryjack

Will they walk off if they are booed for taking the knee ?

To perform what is quite widely regarded as sub-Marxian agitprop in a city that suffered decades of Soviet occupation is insensitive in the extreme, almost a calculated insult.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 21:50 - Oct 8 with 886 viewsKilkennyjack

Our boys stood up for our boys who took the knee. ✊🏾

Beware of the Risen People

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 23:34 - Oct 8 with 830 viewsReslovenSwan1

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 21:50 - Oct 8 by Kilkennyjack

Our boys stood up for our boys who took the knee. ✊🏾

When English fans dish out sheep slurs this is what Swansea fans should do.

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 23:47 - Oct 8 with 824 viewsChief

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 21:46 - Oct 8 by Lohengrin

To perform what is quite widely regarded as sub-Marxian agitprop in a city that suffered decades of Soviet occupation is insensitive in the extreme, almost a calculated insult.

How can it be a 'calculated insult' to the Czechs when we've taken the knee prior to the last god knows how many games against all nations including ones that have no history of Communist / Soviet occupation whatsoever?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 01:05 - Oct 9 with 807 viewsReslovenSwan1

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 20:15 - Oct 8 by Catullus

I don't get how you can be so wound up about some name calling that most of us don't seem to consider racist and so laisez faire about this?

If players get genuine racist abuse play on but report it, NO, walk off. Let the racists know it won't be tolerated. Just because we are a small team it doesn't mean we should do nothing and hope the authorities act. No, we should do something, try to force their hands.

Hypocrisy gets my goat. The mass media do not consider it serious so neither do you. Have you considered that perhaps the reason you do not consider it racist, is because you have a tolerance of low level racism. Sheep slurs are proven in court to be "aggravated racial disorderly behaviour". Fines rather than jail sentences. We are Welsh not Muslims or Jews. You do not get it because you have not though about it logically. I have witnessed the sight of real hate from young blokes with violent intent and under the influence of possible alcohol or other stimulants .

If you chant "we know what we are" you are partaking in low level racist abuse by accepting racial slurs. Welsh fans should call out the English racists like the Welsh fans called out the Czechs that booed the knee.

I have seen Welsh sportsmen Lee Selby and Liam Williams subjected to sickening abuse in northern England. Gerwyn Price has asked for action against the abuse he receives. I have not found any evidence that this is race related but with the alcohol that flows at dart tournament i would not be surprised. It only take one drunken lout like the fellow at Luton.

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 07:03 - Oct 9 with 766 viewsLohengrin

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 23:47 - Oct 8 by Chief

How can it be a 'calculated insult' to the Czechs when we've taken the knee prior to the last god knows how many games against all nations including ones that have no history of Communist / Soviet occupation whatsoever?

This kneeling caper is often accompanied with a clenched left fist, as you’ve no doubt seen for yourself. That gesture is apt to provoke the same reaction in many Czechs that a Roman salute would in Tel Aviv.

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 08:19 - Oct 9 with 729 viewsChief

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 07:03 - Oct 9 by Lohengrin

This kneeling caper is often accompanied with a clenched left fist, as you’ve no doubt seen for yourself. That gesture is apt to provoke the same reaction in many Czechs that a Roman salute would in Tel Aviv.

So again I ask, seeing as Wales have done It for several games prior stretching back a long time, how can it been seen as a 'calculated insult' to the Czechs when they've taken the knee against every country including ones with no Soviet connections?

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 08:30 - Oct 9 with 719 viewsLohengrin

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 08:19 - Oct 9 by Chief

So again I ask, seeing as Wales have done It for several games prior stretching back a long time, how can it been seen as a 'calculated insult' to the Czechs when they've taken the knee against every country including ones with no Soviet connections?

I’d find it difficult to believe that senior FAW members would be unaware of the history of where they were playing. In the light of that knowledge to plough on regardless? There is calculation behind that.

You may not see it that way but your perspective would be radically different to a Czech or Magyar.

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 08:38 - Oct 9 with 710 viewsChief

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 08:30 - Oct 9 by Lohengrin

I’d find it difficult to believe that senior FAW members would be unaware of the history of where they were playing. In the light of that knowledge to plough on regardless? There is calculation behind that.

You may not see it that way but your perspective would be radically different to a Czech or Magyar.

I'd find it difficult that any senior Czech FA members would be unaware of the fact that Wales (amongst other nations) take the knee before games against every nation they play against. So no calculation. To suddenly not do it would be calculation.

You're just making up issues when they don't exist. If the Czech FA cared (in reality they probably see it for what it and that's not some Marxist conspiracy) I'm sure they'd have let us know about it prior to the game. It was no surprise we took the knee.

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 08:45 - Oct 9 with 707 viewsDr_Parnassus

The issue now is if Wales ‘don't’ walk off the pitch ... on 08:30 - Oct 9 by Lohengrin

It’s all calculated nonsense as far as I’m concerned.

As you say, to know why people oppose such a gesture and continue with it with no alteration to fit the brief, suggests the goal they want to reach isn’t their main aim.

If they wanted everyone to agree with them and build on the message then they wouldn’t continue to make a gesture so closely aligned with a current and active political movement.

They want the boos, they want the conflict. Without it, they can’t pretend it’s needed.

In reality however, many just roll their eyes inside at it whether they are outwardly clapping, booing or appearing indifferent.

It’s now just panto.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024