Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : AFTERMATH 02:57 - Oct 9 with 3093 viewsNotLoyal

11th Oct 2021
Kick off 19:45
A. Le Coq Arena, Tallinn
Colours : Wales in Red
Referee : Sandro Scharer (Switzerland)
VAR : Fedayi San (Switzerland)

DID YOU KNOW ?
Estonia are Wife carrying champions
Estonians have a knack for peculiar sports, including wife carrying. Though wife carrying originates from Finland, Estonian couples won the World Championships for 11 consecutive years, from 1998 to 2008. To what do they attribute their success? Perhaps to the popular "Estonian Carry" technique, in which the woman clings to the man's back, upside down. It's a favourite among competitors worldwide!

ALSO
European Sauna Marathon
Europe's largest sauna marathon takes place in Otepää. Teams from around the world race between about 20 different saunas to be crowned the winners. When they're not busy plunging into a freezing ice hole, competitors can enjoy the wintry sights of South Estonia.

Estonia politics
The above pictured politician is Martin Helme who has extreme right wing views. He was minister of finance until January this year. However, Estonia is one of the more tolerant Eastern European nations when it comes to people of colour. The countries track record in football although not unblemished should not raise any concerns.

Wales : Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack ! 11th Oct 2021 14:28
Wales see this evenings World Cup Qualifier in Tallinn as the best opportunity they have so far to get three points and pile even more pressure on the Czech Republic. This after an excellent 2-2 draw in Prague on Friday night. It should have been more. 0

Wales do just enough in Estonia to win 1-0 11th Oct 2021 22:29
Wales continued to press for second place in Estonia despite a tepid and mundane performance after going ahead in Tallinn. With the promise of attacking football and a positive mindset to secure the points, what we saw, and what we heard pre match were two very different things. But enough was done on the night, and the result means two huge games for Wales next month. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread on 03:06 - Oct 9 with 1901 viewsChief

Simply must win.

Not really mind. But in reality we really really need to.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread on 09:36 - Oct 9 with 1862 viewsGixerJack

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread on 03:06 - Oct 9 by Chief

Simply must win.

Not really mind. But in reality we really really need to.

Really? That’s a lot of really’s in one post, I really do think that it might even be a world record of of the word really in one post and it’s going to be a really long wait before it’s beaten… I really really do. 😂😂

You’re right though whist it’s not imperative we win anything other than that would need leave us needing to beat Belgium which isn’t impossible but a bigger ask.

We need to score a few goals too because it could well come down to goal difference
Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread on 09:40 - Oct 9 with 1858 viewsKeithHaynes

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread on 09:36 - Oct 9 by GixerJack

Really? That’s a lot of really’s in one post, I really do think that it might even be a world record of of the word really in one post and it’s going to be a really long wait before it’s beaten… I really really do. 😂😂

You’re right though whist it’s not imperative we win anything other than that would need leave us needing to beat Belgium which isn’t impossible but a bigger ask.

We need to score a few goals too because it could well come down to goal difference

People do realise that a top two finish isn’t necessary as it stands today ?
Ok, it’s very welcome, but see Gruff’s report from Prague.

Wales turn on the style in Prague : Czech Rep 2 Wales 2 9th Oct 2021 09:00
It was ex Swansea City player Dan James who gave Wales the victory in the home game back in March, and it was Dan James who scored another belter of a goal in Prague to put Wales in the box seats for second place in this World Cup qualifier. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread on 10:48 - Oct 9 with 1827 viewsGixerJack

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread on 09:40 - Oct 9 by KeithHaynes

People do realise that a top two finish isn’t necessary as it stands today ?
Ok, it’s very welcome, but see Gruff’s report from Prague.

Wales turn on the style in Prague : Czech Rep 2 Wales 2 9th Oct 2021 09:00
It was ex Swansea City player Dan James who gave Wales the victory in the home game back in March, and it was Dan James who scored another belter of a goal in Prague to put Wales in the box seats for second place in this World Cup qualifier. 0

Yup, fully aware but I think that a second place finish would mean playing a team that finished 3rd in their group so arguably weaker opposition… I also know that it doesn’t work like that in real life but it makes me happy for a few hours 🤪
Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread on 12:46 - Oct 9 with 1785 viewsChief

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread on 09:36 - Oct 9 by GixerJack

Yea technically there's no must win games now until the play off first round.

However we really really really want a home tie.

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread on 14:14 - Oct 9 with 1720 viewsGixerJack

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread on 12:46 - Oct 9 by Chief

Yea technically there's no must win games now until the play off first round.

However we really really really want a home tie.

😉
Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 15:24 - Oct 11 with 1247 viewsKeithHaynes

Wales : Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack ! 11th Oct 2021 14:28
Wales see this evenings World Cup Qualifier in Tallinn as the best opportunity they have so far to get three points and pile even more pressure on the Czech Republic. This after an excellent 2-2 draw in Prague on Friday night. It should have been more. 0

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 16:42 - Oct 11 with 1205 viewsChief

It's on s4c as well

Login to get fewer ads

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 17:07 - Oct 11 with 1174 viewsKeithHaynes

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 18:12 - Oct 11 with 1143 viewsFireboy2

I should be there with my drinking buddy builthy 😢
Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 18:50 - Oct 11 with 1114 viewsmax936

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 18:12 - Oct 11 by Fireboy2

I should be there with my drinking buddy builthy 😢

Why aren't you, couldn't get a pass is it

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 20:08 - Oct 11 with 1056 viewsAndyCole

I do hope Martine is watching how Page plays effective and efficient football - getting the best out of his resources, with the players playing for the badge as perhaps a key edge. Something we had in spades last two terms.

71% possession, already 3 shots on target, all the play in the red zone, and 1-0 to us.

So Martin now has Page and the tapes from the past two seasons to study and emulate the winning ways.

I reckon there a few decent posters on here that could do that.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 20:22 - Oct 11 with 1049 viewsmax936

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 20:08 - Oct 11 by AndyCole

I do hope Martine is watching how Page plays effective and efficient football - getting the best out of his resources, with the players playing for the badge as perhaps a key edge. Something we had in spades last two terms.

71% possession, already 3 shots on target, all the play in the red zone, and 1-0 to us.

So Martin now has Page and the tapes from the past two seasons to study and emulate the winning ways.

You got to be on a wind up, we look shocking, should be one all, our play is so pedestrian its painful.
Ball not being put in front of James, they're passing to him when he's got players on him.

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 20:31 - Oct 11 with 1028 viewsAlgorfajack

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 20:22 - Oct 11 by max936

You got to be on a wind up, we look shocking, should be one all, our play is so pedestrian its painful.
Ball not being put in front of James, they're passing to him when he's got players on him.

Was just going to say that I must be watching a different game to everyone else.

Think we are pretty poor overall

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 20:33 - Oct 11 with 1015 viewsmajorraglan

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 20:22 - Oct 11 by max936

We started off brightly, but have lost our way.

We need to step it up a bit, move the ball around faster. The ball in to space for James would be good and if they’re doubling up on him then our spare player needs to make himself available.
Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 20:35 - Oct 11 with 1010 viewsBadlands

Ramsey good last week … back to his usual tonight.
Wilson and Ampadu are awful … no surprise. Has Wilson ever scored from a free kick?

Decent ref.

Dire game with Wales looking like they are happy to scrape a win when they need a bspagful if they are to finish second.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 20:37 - Oct 11 with 1008 viewsjasper_T

I did think Ampadu would make a fine centre half one day, but he has too many mistakes in him for that. His head goes and you can see another daft decision coming. Safer in midfield.

We've done alright. Ref's been decent cracking down on their rugby.
Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 20:41 - Oct 11 with 1003 viewsBadlands

Ramsey good last week … back to his usual tonight.
Wilson and Ampadu are awful … no surprise. Has Wilson ever scored from a free kick?

Decent ref.

Dire game with Wales looking like they are happy to scrape a win when they need a bspagful if they are to finish second.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 20:42 - Oct 11 with 995 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 20:37 - Oct 11 by jasper_T

I did think Ampadu would make a fine centre half one day, but he has too many mistakes in him for that. His head goes and you can see another daft decision coming. Safer in midfield.

We've done alright. Ref's been decent cracking down on their rugby.

I wonder if he would have developed into a better player had he played 3 or 4 full seasons in the English Football League.

Thirty nine league appearances since breaking into first team football over 5 years ago. What could have been?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 20:50 - Oct 11 with 984 viewsFireboy2

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 18:50 - Oct 11 by max936

Why aren't you, couldn't get a pass is it

Nah, I've been on a 2 week course that I just couldn't get out of.
Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 20:51 - Oct 11 with 982 viewsTreforys_Jack

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 20:08 - Oct 11 by AndyCole

Wow.
Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 20:54 - Oct 11 with 977 viewsFireboy2

They have worked us out, they are pressing us very well.

Page needs to use the subs well as they will tire.
Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 20:55 - Oct 11 with 977 viewsmax936

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 20:50 - Oct 11 by Fireboy2

Nah, I've been on a 2 week course that I just couldn't get out of.

Typical init, bad enough being on a course with it coinciding with a trip away that you could have gone on.

We were very lucky again then from their freekick, need a 2nd goal and soon.

Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 21:00 - Oct 11 with 968 viewsTreforys_Jack

We're terrible mate.
Estonia v Wales : WCQ Matchday Thread : GAME DAY ! on 21:00 - Oct 11 with 967 viewsKeithHaynes

This isn’t good enough, and the ref is buying in to all the diving and the booking for Roberts was pure incompetence.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024