Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Polexit? 11:55 - Oct 9 with 2844 viewsCatullus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-58840076

A couple of excerpts,

France says such an exit is now a "de facto risk". Late on Friday the French and German foreign ministers rebuked Poland, saying EU membership relied upon "complete and unconditional adherence to common values and rules" and this was "not simply a moral commitment. It is also a legal commitment".

The European Commission has warned it will use all its powers against Poland.

Our utmost priority is to ensure the rights of Polish citizens are protected and that Polish citizens enjoy the benefits granted by membership of the European Union
Ursula von der Leyen
European Commission President

The first paragraph reads very much as shut up and do as you're told. Von der Leyen's words are much better but in the end what should matter? Surely that would be the wishes of the Polish people?
If the Poles want to 'remain' then at the next election vote in Don Tusk's party, if they want to leave then re-elect PIS. A Polish court has already rules some aspects of a treaty are incompatible with Polish law so what next? Will the Polish government change tack, buckle under or will they continue to push and maybe trigger 'Polexit'?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Polexit? on 14:33 - Oct 9 with 1353 viewsFlashberryjack

The EU will put untold pressure on Poland, and eventually, they will buckle to the wishes of the EU, just like the others that have attempted to leave, welcome to the hotel California.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Polexit? on 15:57 - Oct 9 with 1318 viewscontroversial_jack

Poland and Hungary are both quite far right states, so it's their populist appeal that wants them to think of leaving, just as happened here.They will regret it, just as we are starting to
Polexit? on 17:09 - Oct 9 with 1295 viewsKeithHaynes

Polexit? on 14:33 - Oct 9 by Flashberryjack

The EU will put untold pressure on Poland, and eventually, they will buckle to the wishes of the EU, just like the others that have attempted to leave, welcome to the hotel California.

You mean they will bribe them ? 🤭😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Polexit? on 17:20 - Oct 9 with 1288 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Polexit? on 15:57 - Oct 9 by controversial_jack

Poland and Hungary are both quite far right states, so it's their populist appeal that wants them to think of leaving, just as happened here.They will regret it, just as we are starting to

I think the majority in the UK are glad we left the undemocratic EU, especially after the antics of the French who seem to ignore most EU directives they don't like.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Polexit? on 17:35 - Oct 9 with 1276 viewsCatullus

Polexit? on 15:57 - Oct 9 by controversial_jack

Why are we starting to regret it? I'm certainly not. People can put the recent problems down to brexit and there is a small element of truth in it but for the most part recent problems are far bigger than brexit.
HGV drivers, a shortage across Europe not just in the UK

Rising utility prices, they've put it down to a global surge but I reckon there are people somewhere making a massive profit out of it. Some hedge funds have probably bought up a lot of gas and are keeping it back to force the price up, didn't that previously happen with petrol?
Petrol prices rae only rising because people are gouging while supplies are slow getting through.
Polish people are quite stubborn, they don't like being dictated to. Maybe the EU should be more friendly in their approach?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Polexit? on 17:36 - Oct 9 with 1271 viewsKilkennyjack

Polexit? on 17:20 - Oct 9 by felixstowe_jack

I think the majority in the UK are glad we left the undemocratic EU, especially after the antics of the French who seem to ignore most EU directives they don't like.

37% were glad.

Everyone else is feeling pretty p@ssed off.

Remember this, if only workers voted the PM today would be Jezza.

Brexit was the pensioners final feck you to the modern world.
Selfish as feck.

Beware of the Risen People

Polexit? on 17:44 - Oct 9 with 1256 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Polexit? on 17:36 - Oct 9 by Kilkennyjack

37% were glad.

Selfish as feck.

"Remember this, if only workers voted the PM today would be Jezza."

I assume you deducted the votes from students, the unemployed and out of work from Labour in your make believe statement?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Polexit? on 17:49 - Oct 9 with 1254 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

37% were glad.

Selfish as feck.

Will you delete your false statement?

As you can see, the Conservative party won the Full Time workers group, the Part Time (8 hours or more) workers group and the Part Time workers (Less than 8 hours) group.

Labour won the full time student vote and unemployed vote. Oh dear.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Polexit? on 19:08 - Oct 9 with 1229 viewsCatullus

Polexit? on 17:49 - Oct 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

As you can see, the Conservative party won the Full Time workers group, the Part Time (8 hours or more) workers group and the Part Time workers (Less than 8 hours) group.

Has Kilky ever deleted a false statement? I don't think so should why would he start now? His usual MO is to double down on the statement, not remove it!

Polexit? on 21:02 - Oct 9 with 1186 viewsmajorraglan

Earlier this year the MEP’s contacted the EU Commission and Van Der Leyden asking them to take action against the Polish government and the MEP’s believed Poland was breaching done of the fundamental rules/ principles of EU membership, the EU have not taken any action. To my mind, it stands to reason that if a country wants to be part of the EU they have to stick up the rules which govern membership, it’s my understanding the Poles and Hungarians aren’t playing ball.

Hungary and Poland are by far the 2 largest net beneficiaries of EU funding, if they don’t want to stick to the rules that’s their call, but if they don’t they should expect sanctions which is what the MEP’s want to see. Can’t really fault what France and the MEP’s are saying which in effect is if you want the benefits you have to stick to the rules.
Polexit? on 21:14 - Oct 9 with 1181 viewsCatullus

Polexit? on 21:02 - Oct 9 by majorraglan

Earlier this year the MEP’s contacted the EU Commission and Van Der Leyden asking them to take action against the Polish government and the MEP’s believed Poland was breaching done of the fundamental rules/ principles of EU membership, the EU have not taken any action. To my mind, it stands to reason that if a country wants to be part of the EU they have to stick up the rules which govern membership, it’s my understanding the Poles and Hungarians aren’t playing ball.

Hungary and Poland are by far the 2 largest net beneficiaries of EU funding, if they don’t want to stick to the rules that’s their call, but if they don’t they should expect sanctions which is what the MEP’s want to see. Can’t really fault what France and the MEP’s are saying which in effect is if you want the benefits you have to stick to the rules.

The Polish politicians want the cherry and the bun, they don't want to lose EU money but they don't like the membership rules.

Maybe the EU should just kick them out? The EU won't do that though because they are Empire building, they want to expand not shrink and they worry if anybody else leaves it'll trigger more dissent.
The EU should cut the funding to Poland and Hungary until they step into line and see what happens then.

Polexit? on 21:38 - Oct 9 with 1178 viewsKilkennyjack

Polexit? on 19:08 - Oct 9 by Catullus

Has Kilky ever deleted a false statement? I don't think so should why would he start now? His usual MO is to double down on the statement, not remove it!

Call Johnson out for lies.
Its a very high horse you are riding, be a shame to fall off.
Lots of Tory voters dont know what day of the week it is.

‘Age and GE2019
Age was a strong predictor of how people voted. YouGov estimates that the chance of someone voting Conservative in 2019 increased by around nine points with every 10 years of age. Ipsos MORI estimates that the Conservatives had a 47-point lead amongst voters aged 65 and above. Meanwhile, Labour had a 43-point lead amongst voters aged 18-24 and a 24-point lead amongst voters aged 25-34.
Labour performed better in constituencies that had a younger population. Labour won in 88 seats where over a quarter of the population was aged 18-34. The Conservatives won in just 16 of these seats. Conversely, 65 seats where over a quarter of the population was aged 65 and above went to the Conservatives, while just two went to Labour.’

Sit down you big tart.

Beware of the Risen People

Polexit? on 21:54 - Oct 9 with 1171 viewsmajorraglan

Polexit? on 21:14 - Oct 9 by Catullus

The Polish politicians want the cherry and the bun, they don't want to lose EU money but they don't like the membership rules.

Maybe the EU should just kick them out? The EU won't do that though because they are Empire building, they want to expand not shrink and they worry if anybody else leaves it'll trigger more dissent.
The EU should cut the funding to Poland and Hungary until they step into line and see what happens then.

FWIW I think they should give the Poles and Hungarians an ultimatum, play by the rules or the money is withheld or cut.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 23:31]
Polexit? on 11:15 - Oct 10 with 1059 views73__73

Polexit? on 17:49 - Oct 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think that’s game, set and match to you, Dwight.
Also the vote in 2016 was fixed in favour of remain, why else would they let hundreds of thousands of foreigners mainly from the south of Ireland take part in the referendum ?

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Polexit? on 11:17 - Oct 10 with 1057 views73__73

The poles should determine what happens in Poland, not the Germans, French or even the British.

Polexit? on 11:21 - Oct 10 with 1052 viewsBoundy

Polexit? on 11:17 - Oct 10 by 73__73

The poles should determine what happens in Poland, not the Germans, French or even the British.

"Our utmost priority is to ensure the rights of Polish citizens are protected and that Polish citizens enjoy the benefits granted by membership of the European Union "
Regardless of your views on The EU I thought that it was the responsibility of the democratically elected politicians to ensure the above .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Polexit? on 11:24 - Oct 10 with 1050 views73__73

Polexit? on 11:21 - Oct 10 by Boundy

"Our utmost priority is to ensure the rights of Polish citizens are protected and that Polish citizens enjoy the benefits granted by membership of the European Union "
Regardless of your views on The EU I thought that it was the responsibility of the democratically elected politicians to ensure the above .

If the Poles want to be 100% submerged in a federal European super state, then that’s their right.

Polexit? on 12:21 - Oct 10 with 1028 viewsfelixstowe_jack

37% were glad.

Selfish as feck.

The majority voted for Brexit not your fictions 37%.

Respect democracy even the result you don't like.

Polexit? on 12:24 - Oct 10 with 1026 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Of course just like the UK decided to leave. The other 27 countries including the Germans and French should not determine what happens in the UK.

Polexit? on 13:29 - Oct 10 with 999 viewscontroversial_jack

Polexit? on 12:24 - Oct 10 by felixstowe_jack

Of course just like the UK decided to leave. The other 27 countries including the Germans and French should not determine what happens in the UK.

Let them go then. Another country will take their place.
Polexit? on 13:50 - Oct 10 with 993 views73__73

Polexit? on 13:29 - Oct 10 by controversial_jack

Let them go then. Another country will take their place.

Maybe they should invite Putins Russia to join. Or maybe Ukraine and then the eu can send it’s army into Crimea. I’m sure that would end nicely
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 13:58]

Polexit? on 13:53 - Oct 10 with 993 viewsmajorraglan

Polexit? on 11:21 - Oct 10 by Boundy

The MEP’s and the EU are concerned by what’s happening in Poland and are seeking to protect the rights Polish citizens enjoy. The main issues relates to Poland's Law and Justice (PiS) party government which is embroiled in a battle of values with Brussels, focused on disputes over the independence of courts, media freedoms, LGBT rights and other issues.

If the Polish government won’t accept the fundamental principles that’s their call but that should then brin* in to question whether they should have the funding their having from the EU - they are the largest beneficiaries and get double what the second highest beneficiaries get.
Polexit? on 13:58 - Oct 10 with 981 viewsmajorraglan

I agree to an extent, but the Polish Government are breaking some of the fundamental rules for membership of the EU to such an extent it compromises their membership, but they still want to get their hands on the money the EU are giving to Poland. The poles are the highest net receivers of EU funding.
Polexit? on 14:01 - Oct 10 with 974 views73__73

Polexit? on 13:53 - Oct 10 by majorraglan

The MEP’s and the EU are concerned by what’s happening in Poland and are seeking to protect the rights Polish citizens enjoy. The main issues relates to Poland's Law and Justice (PiS) party government which is embroiled in a battle of values with Brussels, focused on disputes over the independence of courts, media freedoms, LGBT rights and other issues.

If the Polish government won’t accept the fundamental principles that’s their call but that should then brin* in to question whether they should have the funding their having from the EU - they are the largest beneficiaries and get double what the second highest beneficiaries get.

Do as we say or you don’t get the cash. What a lovely club

Polexit? on 14:25 - Oct 10 with 957 viewsmajorraglan

Polexit? on 14:01 - Oct 10 by 73__73

Do as we say or you don’t get the cash. What a lovely club

I think that’s fair enough. They signed up to a set of rules which govern membership, things like an Independent judiciary, media freedoms and rights for minority groups and they are now seeking to change the goal posts. Examples include introducing disciplinary measures for judges who apply the laws in a way the government don’t like reversal of LGBT rights etc.

Why should they get somewhere in the region of €11bn more out than they put in if they won’t adhere to the rules?

We’ve left because we don’t like the rules.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 14:26]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024