Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 16:09 - Oct 9 with 19663 viewsNotLoyal

THIS FIXTURE HAS NOW SOLD OUT

The Cardiff story started a generation ahead of the swans. However come the late 1990’s the tables turned somewhat and honours got very even. It really doesn’t matter regards your thoughts on this part of the derby rivalry, it happened, and it’s a part of the history of this fixture.

The valleys were predominantly a Cardiff hot bed in the late 70’s, then with the success of the swans in 1980 onwards it became a split between the cultures of the day, skinheads and punks mainly. It made gigs that much more interesting.

Swansea v Cardiff : A history of real hate ! 12th Oct 2021 11:00
It’s fierce, it’s passionate, it’s heated and it comes with a history unrivalled by many other derby games in English football. The South Wales derby is still to see a winning double by either side in any one league season dating back to the first fixture in 1929. The game on Sunday once again see’s an opportunity for at least one of the clubs to give some hope that ‘this season’ will see that change. And the fans are the key to this huge game. 0

Three Swansea City match winners in a race against time 13th Oct 2021 07:58
Olivier Ntcham, Michael Obafemi and Liam Walsh are all involved in a concerted effort to be fit for the South Wales derby against Cardiff City on Sunday. All three are battling to be involved in the biggest home game of the season at the Swansea.Com stadium. 0

Russell Martin gives Swansea City fans a huge boost for the derby game 14th Oct 2021 12:43
Russell Martin faces what will be the biggest game of his short managerial career when the swans face up to Cardiff City at the Swansea.Com stadium on Sunday ( midday KO ) The away side still believe they hold all the aces, and many of their fans are predicting a heavy defeat for Swansea City. As of this morning Cardiff still had just under 200 tickets available for the game. 0

Swansea City go in to the South Wales derby in a wonderful position. ‘Martin by SwansIndependent 15 Oct 2021 11:55
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55985/swansea-city-go-in-to-the-south-wales-derby-in-a-wonderful-position.

Russell Martin press conference, click above.
Subscribe to us on Twitter below.
https://twitter.com/swansea_indy/status/1448965881875341335?s=20

Our derby day newspaper FREE !
https://issuu.com/swanseaindependent/docs/swansea_independent_derby_day_issue

Swansea City v Cardiff City : The Big Match Teams for today 17th Oct 2021 11:04
As predicted both sides have gone with their strongest options for today’s south Wales derby. There’s no real surprises with on form strikers Joel Piroe and Kieffer Moore as the main dangermen in either attack. Michael Obafemi failed a fitness test this morning. 0

Official Programme download free.
https://issuu.com/swanseacityafc/docs/swans-cardiff-21-22-programme-v01

Russell Martin reacts to his super Swans thumping Cardiff City 18th Oct 2021 11:57
It was a much anticipated South Wales derby that’s for sure. and Russell Martin, the swans coach with under three months in his role was delighted that his vision for his team came off in such a formidable way. 0

Now that’s the way to shut up an entitled spoilt child.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:46 - Oct 9 with 5844 viewsKeithHaynes

Remember this ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 18:15 - Oct 9 with 5804 views1983

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:46 - Oct 9 by KeithHaynes

Remember this ?

lol Second goal !

We sat in the centre stand for this game and a couple of obvious cardiff fans were in there with us they sh1t a brick and clapped lethargically every time Swansea scored

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:34 - Oct 9 with 5775 viewsmonmouth

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 18:15 - Oct 9 by 1983

lol Second goal !

We sat in the centre stand for this game and a couple of obvious cardiff fans were in there with us they sh1t a brick and clapped lethargically every time Swansea scored

Ah, what happened to those beautiful soft goal nets.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 21:27 - Oct 9 with 5747 viewsOptimisticJack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:34 - Oct 9 by monmouth

Ah, what happened to those beautiful soft goal nets.

I hate the South Wales Derby with a vengeance.
I get too stressed out by them - but thats another story.
Haven't been away since early 80s in the 3 3 thriller - gutted when Buchanan equalised with a screamer.
Refused to do a bubble trip ever since and be treated like cattle.

Optimisticjack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 11:27 - Oct 10 with 5538 viewsBoundy

If we had a fully fit squad then I was quite positive about winning this one , but with the possibility of both Obafemi & Ntcham missing and the Managers strange obsession with picking Cullen over Whittaker I'm not so sure .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 11:51 - Oct 10 with 5508 viewsbuilthjack

A lot of Cardiff fans out in Tallinn think they will be relegated. They say the football is awful. Just punt it forward. Good to listen to haha.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 12:37 - Oct 10 with 5488 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 11:51 - Oct 10 by builthjack

A lot of Cardiff fans out in Tallinn think they will be relegated. They say the football is awful. Just punt it forward. Good to listen to haha.

Well lets hope we go some way in obliging them, nice

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:26 - Oct 10 with 5335 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 12:37 - Oct 10 by Boundy

Well lets hope we go some way in obliging them, nice

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 19:30 - Oct 10 with 5216 viewsBenJ94

Anyone know how many tickets are on general sale tomorrow?
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 19:49 - Oct 10 with 5194 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 19:30 - Oct 10 by BenJ94

Sold out ? As per NL’s OP.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 19:50 - Oct 10 with 5194 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 19:30 - Oct 10 by BenJ94

Sure I read somewhere that it's sold out.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 20:56 - Oct 10 with 5133 viewsBenJ94

I always thought they had to keep a certain amount for general sale? Or is that not the case?
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 21:13 - Oct 10 with 5108 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 20:56 - Oct 10 by BenJ94

I always thought they had to keep a certain amount for general sale? Or is that not the case?

Def sold out mate.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 21:36 - Oct 10 with 5083 viewsBenJ94

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 21:13 - Oct 10 by KeithHaynes

Def sold out mate.

Cheers Keith! If anyone knows of 2 adult tickets going, give me a shout.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 08:29 - Oct 11 with 4937 viewsChief

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 21:13 - Oct 10 by KeithHaynes

Def sold out mate.

What happened to the mass anti-vax passport boycott?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 10:12 - Oct 11 with 4886 viewsBenJ94

Just went to buy tickets. Clicked on the seats I wanted and was told I didn’t have the right membership (although it was general sale) and ended up missing out. Absolutely fuming, why is nothing ever easy with this club? Especially when it comes to doing stuff online.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 10:15 - Oct 11 with 4856 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 10:12 - Oct 11 by BenJ94

Just went to buy tickets. Clicked on the seats I wanted and was told I didn’t have the right membership (although it was general sale) and ended up missing out. Absolutely fuming, why is nothing ever easy with this club? Especially when it comes to doing stuff online.

I tried to simply buy tickets for Preston game and followed the links. I simply renewed my JA membership.
A call the the club priced futile.
I got the impression they see fans as a pain. I don’t really think they are that helpful.
Their job is to help.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 10:31 - Oct 11 with 4860 viewsBenJ94

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 10:15 - Oct 11 by onehunglow

I tried to simply buy tickets for Preston game and followed the links. I simply renewed my JA membership.
A call the the club priced futile.
I got the impression they see fans as a pain. I don’t really think they are that helpful.
Their job is to help.

I wouldn’t mind missing out if I weren’t quick enough etc, but the tickets were there, I clicked and clicked, and nothing. Until there was 1 solitary ticket they would allow me to purchase which is no good for me atm as I have health issues and would at least need some help up the steps. I’ve emailed the club voicing my disappointment anyway, although that will probably fall on deaf ears.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 10:41 - Oct 11 with 4822 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 10:31 - Oct 11 by BenJ94

I wouldn’t mind missing out if I weren’t quick enough etc, but the tickets were there, I clicked and clicked, and nothing. Until there was 1 solitary ticket they would allow me to purchase which is no good for me atm as I have health issues and would at least need some help up the steps. I’ve emailed the club voicing my disappointment anyway, although that will probably fall on deaf ears.

Yeah,I kept clicking on what I believed were tickets .
Site is shambolic and fans shouldn’t have to negotiate such garbage .
They simply want to see a game of football.
Buying a ticket now is an event in itself for any casual fan and there are many

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 10:43 - Oct 11 with 4844 viewsBenJ94

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 10:41 - Oct 11 by onehunglow

Yeah,I kept clicking on what I believed were tickets .
Site is shambolic and fans shouldn’t have to negotiate such garbage .
They simply want to see a game of football.
Buying a ticket now is an event in itself for any casual fan and there are many

Absolutely. Oh well, looks like I’ll have to enjoy it with my feet up on the sofa, unless a miracle happens.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 10:50 - Oct 11 with 4797 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 10:43 - Oct 11 by BenJ94

Absolutely. Oh well, looks like I’ll have to enjoy it with my feet up on the sofa, unless a miracle happens.

I never enjoy these games frankly.
We d have to be 3 goals ahead and it takes us three games to score three goals .

This should be feisty though as their gpbig chaps will seek to bully us.

It could be McCarthy swan song . I hope so as he seems a decent chap and his sacking will see him top up his pension .

Pleases God Russy has the lads front up and bin his long term plan and simply win the game ,at all costs..

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 13:04 - Oct 11 with 4741 viewsvetchonian

Great planning its teh Half Marathin Sunday lots of read closures anyone from Swansea West may find it difficult to get to the game..

Mumbles rosad shut St Helens Rd shut.....

only in Swansea!!!!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 14:13 - Oct 11 with 4674 viewsOptimisticJack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 13:04 - Oct 11 by vetchonian

Great planning its teh Half Marathin Sunday lots of read closures anyone from Swansea West may find it difficult to get to the game..

Mumbles rosad shut St Helens Rd shut.....

only in Swansea!!!!

Just to add to the chaos the Welsh Government introduce the Covid passport scheme just in time for the match.
Not enough thought and discussion gone into all of this.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2021 14:14]

Optimisticjack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 15:02 - Oct 11 with 4640 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 10:43 - Oct 11 by BenJ94

I’m still a bit confused mate, the club announce its a sell out as do the media and then there’s tickets available. Sorry for giving you misinformation.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 19:09 - Oct 11 with 4519 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED on 15:02 - Oct 11 by KeithHaynes

I’m still a bit confused mate, the club announce its a sell out as do the media and then there’s tickets available. Sorry for giving you misinformation.

Got my seat anyway, directly in front of the TeleBox,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024