Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City was a waste of my time 09:00 - Oct 10 with 957 viewsSwansIndependent

Swansea City was a waste of my time 10th Oct 2021 09:00
Ex Swansea City player Kieron Freeman has recalled his time at Swansea City and summed it up as a ‘waste of time’ The defender brought in to Swansea in January this year for a hundred thousand pound fee spoke out against his old clubs, and not just the swans, in a pretty scathing interview with Portsmouth newspaper ‘The News’ It gives a real insight in to the entitled opinion of a footballer who has earned thousands, but still remains completely oblivious as to the chances he has been offered. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Swansea City was a waste of my time on 10:16 - Oct 10 with 871 viewsCatullus

To be fair he did say it was a waste of everyone's time, which seems accurate to me.

Though maybe his attitude is a reflection of his career progress. If he wants it all handed to him on a plate, maybe that's why he's ended up at Portsmouth and not with a higher ranked club? Assuming he has the ability to be higher.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City was a waste of my time on 10:20 - Oct 10 with 863 viewsDr_Winston

It was a waste of his time. Being a professional footballer doesn't mean that he's not entitled to state the obvious.

It's all a bit petty to be honest.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City was a waste of my time on 10:30 - Oct 10 with 859 viewsNotLoyal

Good piece, entitlement in football. Who would have thought it.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City was a waste of my time on 11:29 - Oct 10 with 802 viewsBoundy

Swansea City was a waste of my time on 10:30 - Oct 10 by NotLoyal

Good piece, entitlement in football. Who would have thought it.

Who?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City was a waste of my time on 11:37 - Oct 10 with 785 viewsKeithHaynes

It surprises me he didn’t kick on at Swansea, he was a very decent footballer at Sheffield United, the decision to release him was a strange one and as he says, a waste of everyones time. Especially his wages and the transfer fee. Odd, must be more to it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City was a waste of my time on 13:03 - Oct 10 with 715 viewsjasper_T

Can't see anything wrong with what he's said. Only seems upset with his former agent. Hardly the only one to have been disappointed in that regard. Whoever he's with now haven't struggled to get him offers.

As he says, when a club near the top of the Championship want to spend money on you how do you say no? In the end we went to a back four and Roberts wasn't even starting games, but at the time we were wingbacks which would have suited him.

All footballers back themselves, and see themselves as probably better than they are. Self-belief that can survive a few dents intact is an essential part of the toolkit.
Swansea City was a waste of my time on 13:19 - Oct 10 with 701 viewsYrAlarch

Swansea City was a waste of my time on 11:37 - Oct 10 by KeithHaynes

It surprises me he didn’t kick on at Swansea, he was a very decent footballer at Sheffield United, the decision to release him was a strange one and as he says, a waste of everyones time. Especially his wages and the transfer fee. Odd, must be more to it.

Usually is more to it. Perhaps it is an attitude issue, as indicated in the article, or a clash of personalities. How often has the latter featured in the work environment.
Swansea City was a waste of my time on 13:59 - Oct 10 with 660 viewsChief

The resident buffoon will be here shortly to point out this player was an 'international' and a good player that was abandoned and ruined by Steve Cooper.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City was a waste of my time on 16:05 - Oct 10 with 589 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City was a waste of my time on 13:59 - Oct 10 by Chief

The resident buffoon will be here shortly to point out this player was an 'international' and a good player that was abandoned and ruined by Steve Cooper.

The transition from debater to common troll is complete. A sad decline as you do think through your arguments and adopt principles of others. I do not do abuse but you over stepped the mark and at some point I have to defend myself. I presume you are referring to me on the basis of thinking trends not because I consider myself a 'buffoon'.

Cooper did a good job but decided to leave. He said "I do not like the route the club is taking". I presume this refers to the pending appointment of a DoF in Mr Allen.

Freeman was perceived as a league 1 footballer and chose to move from a league one or two club playing regularly to a championship club on the bench. It was his choice.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City was a waste of my time on 16:13 - Oct 10 with 580 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City was a waste of my time on 13:59 - Oct 10 by Chief

I was waiting for someone to turn it into an anti Cooper thread where him not playing Freeman cost us the promotion that was rightly ours… or something.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City was a waste of my time on 18:05 - Oct 10 with 521 viewsChief

Swansea City was a waste of my time on 16:05 - Oct 10 by ReslovenSwan1

The transition from debater to common troll is complete. A sad decline as you do think through your arguments and adopt principles of others. I do not do abuse but you over stepped the mark and at some point I have to defend myself. I presume you are referring to me on the basis of thinking trends not because I consider myself a 'buffoon'.

Cooper did a good job but decided to leave. He said "I do not like the route the club is taking". I presume this refers to the pending appointment of a DoF in Mr Allen.

Freeman was perceived as a league 1 footballer and chose to move from a league one or two club playing regularly to a championship club on the bench. It was his choice.

- I have no idea what you're referring to in your first paragraph. Is this another example of you making stuff up? Or making claims that you are unable to substantiate?

- is that a direct quote? If that would be accurate I find it strange that the club would continue to pay him and also receive compensation for him. And what does that have to do with Kieron Freeman?

- you've changed your tune. I pointed out at the time that he'd be strictly worse case scenario back up. You for some reason thought he should play.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024