Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fury would beat any man born in history 16:30 - Oct 10 with 3775 viewsonehunglow

That what he reckons.

Here's my list of those who would have under the rules of THEIR era.

Demspey.By KO
Marciano.My KO
Louis .Points
Ali.KO /points/Tko
Foreman. KO
Johnson.points after 35 rounds
Sorry Tyson me ol mucker.You re lucky this era is so sheeite

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Fury would beat any man born in history on 16:35 - Oct 10 with 2102 viewscontroversial_jack

He,s bigger and stronger than any of those
Fury would beat any man born in history on 16:44 - Oct 10 with 2086 viewsDr_Parnassus

270+ pounds, 6 foot 9, arms that give him an 85” reach, great boxing mind.

I tend to agree with Tyson. The division is a different physical beast to what it has been in bygone eras.

Mohammed Ali, as great as he was, had a 78” reach for example, was 6 foot 3 ish and weighed around 200 pounds.

Tyson would just jab everyone’s head off. People often look back to find greatness when sometimes it’s already present. I would say Fury is an example of that.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Fury would beat any man born in history on 16:56 - Oct 10 with 2077 viewsCatullus

Fury would beat any man born in history on 16:35 - Oct 10 by controversial_jack

He,s bigger and stronger than any of those

Bigger and stronger doesn't always win the day though. Speed and skill comes into it. I think Ali would beat him and for strength and animal desire Mike Tyson at his best would too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Fury would beat any man born in history on 17:24 - Oct 10 with 2042 viewsKilkennyjack

Fury would beat any man born in history on 16:56 - Oct 10 by Catullus

Bigger and stronger doesn't always win the day though. Speed and skill comes into it. I think Ali would beat him and for strength and animal desire Mike Tyson at his best would too.

Those were the only 2 that i thought of as well.

Tyson Fury is an unbelievable fighter.

Beware of the Risen People

Fury would beat any man born in history on 17:28 - Oct 10 with 2031 viewslifelong

I like Fury, I’m glad he won.
Fury would beat any man born in history on 18:00 - Oct 10 with 2020 viewsKeithHaynes

A young and hungry Mike Tyson would sort him out. He’s a great boxer though.
And what a fight it was.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Fury would beat any man born in history on 18:25 - Oct 10 with 1988 viewsangryjack

Wouldn't get near him
Fury would beat any man born in history on 18:46 - Oct 10 with 1973 viewsshingle

Your Boxing knowledge is poor at best this era is one of the worse in history you just cannot compare the likes of Wilder and Klitscho who are only top fighters Fury has fought to the likes of Foerman Ali Holmes etc also I would imagine a prime Tyson would have simply blown him away I can assure you these guys were levels above Wilder.
Login to get fewer ads

Fury would beat any man born in history on 20:25 - Oct 10 with 1906 viewsKeithHaynes

Lovers of the wireless can listen to the whole thing now on talk sport.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Fury would beat any man born in history on 20:41 - Oct 10 with 1893 viewsmax936

Fury would beat any man born in history on 18:46 - Oct 10 by shingle

Your Boxing knowledge is poor at best this era is one of the worse in history you just cannot compare the likes of Wilder and Klitscho who are only top fighters Fury has fought to the likes of Foerman Ali Holmes etc also I would imagine a prime Tyson would have simply blown him away I can assure you these guys were levels above Wilder.

Lewis would beat him as well, underated in many eyes was Lennox, Fury is a great fighter as proved by this mornings epic fight and performance, probably the best heavyweight fight I've seen in many a yr, AJ v Klitschko was a great fight, the Fury v Wilder Trilogy fight was a step above. again for me.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Fury would beat any man born in history on 07:17 - Oct 11 with 1786 viewsKilkennyjack

Fury would beat any man born in history on 20:41 - Oct 10 by max936

Lewis would beat him as well, underated in many eyes was Lennox, Fury is a great fighter as proved by this mornings epic fight and performance, probably the best heavyweight fight I've seen in many a yr, AJ v Klitschko was a great fight, the Fury v Wilder Trilogy fight was a step above. again for me.

Nope - i also like Lennox, but no.

Fury would beat any man born in history on 08:00 - Oct 11 with 1756 viewsDr_Winston

Tyson and Lewis in their primes would both have beaten him quite easily. Maybe even Holyfield and the Klitschkos when they were younger. That's from recent years. Fighters from further back would have had just as easy a time. The idea that Fury would be able to beat boxers like Ali and Foreman in their best years is deeply funny.

He's got a good chin on him and is technically capable. So what. It's only in a heavyweight division this short on talent that a fighter like Fury can be a champion.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fury would beat any man born in history on 08:36 - Oct 11 with 1753 viewsKilkennyjack

Fury would beat any man born in history on 08:00 - Oct 11 by Dr_Winston

Tyson and Lewis in their primes would both have beaten him quite easily. Maybe even Holyfield and the Klitschkos when they were younger. That's from recent years. Fighters from further back would have had just as easy a time. The idea that Fury would be able to beat boxers like Ali and Foreman in their best years is deeply funny.

He's got a good chin on him and is technically capable. So what. It's only in a heavyweight division this short on talent that a fighter like Fury can be a champion.

Fury is far better than you are giving him credit for.

Fought a feared ouncher like Wilder in his back yard and boxed his head off.

He is top class, along with Iron Mike and The Greatest.
He beats the rest.

Fury would beat any man born in history on 08:59 - Oct 11 with 1732 viewsDr_Winston

A puncher. That's all Wilder is. Most pundits I've seen couldn't believe how tactically naïve he was. Has always been. You'd expect Fury to beat him and he has two times out of three (three out of three really).

That Wilder is feared tells you all you need to know about the state of modern Heavyweight boxing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fury would beat any man born in history on 09:27 - Oct 11 with 1736 viewsCatullus

Fury would beat any man born in history on 08:59 - Oct 11 by Dr_Winston

A puncher. That's all Wilder is. Most pundits I've seen couldn't believe how tactically naïve he was. Has always been. You'd expect Fury to beat him and he has two times out of three (three out of three really).

That Wilder is feared tells you all you need to know about the state of modern Heavyweight boxing.

That's what I think too. Wilde is more a brawler than a boxer. Fury is big and hard, can certainly take a punch but he's slow, slow anyway compared to Ali.

Ali had speed, strength and skill. All you have to do is look at pictures of Ali in his prime and then look at Fury. Fury looks tubby, he looks overwieght but Ali was cut, he had muscles on muscles, he was lean and could be very mean!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/muhammad-ali-greatest-all-time-dead-74-n5847

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Fury would beat any man born in history on 10:07 - Oct 11 with 1723 viewsonehunglow

Good chart.
Fury can only beat what is in front of him. But look at what he has faced.
I can’t think of anyone this era who would have lasted 25/30 rounds which is what the likes of Jack Johnson did and open air in 35 degree heat . Fury would die in that situation.
He is a slob albeit one who can box but please somebody needs to show him what heavyweights were like .
He doesn’t scratch the surface

He s huge but he can be hit as has been shown. With rules so strict now boxing is different .

As for being a smaller man,have a look at how Dempsey destroys Willard 6 inches and four stone heavier . Dempsey could take a lunch alright but he would have destroyed Fury under the conditions of the time.

Fury would beat any man born in history on 10:18 - Oct 11 with 1702 viewsDr_Winston

Fury would beat any man born in history on 09:27 - Oct 11 by Catullus

That's what I think too. Wilde is more a brawler than a boxer. Fury is big and hard, can certainly take a punch but he's slow, slow anyway compared to Ali.

Ali had speed, strength and skill. All you have to do is look at pictures of Ali in his prime and then look at Fury. Fury looks tubby, he looks overwieght but Ali was cut, he had muscles on muscles, he was lean and could be very mean!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/muhammad-ali-greatest-all-time-dead-74-n5847

Yep.

Size and strength just make you harder to knock out. If size and strength was all it took Nikolai Valuev would have dominated the division.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2021 10:19]

Fury would beat any man born in history on 11:07 - Oct 11 with 1684 viewsdna

The biggest factor is Fury's size - the main reason he beat Wilder is the nearly 3 stone weight difference - once the fight got 'close' in terms of grappling Wilder was like a rag doll

Heavyweights of old were even smaller/lighter than Wilder, they wouldn't have physically coped with 5 stone or more leaning on them.

There have been far better boxers than Fury, but they wouldn't have beaten him
Fury would beat any man born in history on 11:11 - Oct 11 with 1677 viewsonehunglow

Fury would beat any man born in history on 11:07 - Oct 11 by dna

The biggest factor is Fury's size - the main reason he beat Wilder is the nearly 3 stone weight difference - once the fight got 'close' in terms of grappling Wilder was like a rag doll

Heavyweights of old were even smaller/lighter than Wilder, they wouldn't have physically coped with 5 stone or more leaning on them.

There have been far better boxers than Fury, but they wouldn't have beaten him

Have a look at Dempsey and the 17 stone Willard. When someone like Dempsey is all over you size means nothing.
Ali and Louisxwould have simply used him as a punchbag.
Fury is laughable as an all time great

As a champion he is appalling and a dope head that is linked with really bad organisations .

Fury would beat any man born in history on 11:30 - Oct 11 with 1668 viewsdna

Fury would beat any man born in history on 11:11 - Oct 11 by onehunglow

Have a look at Dempsey and the 17 stone Willard. When someone like Dempsey is all over you size means nothing.

As a champion he is appalling and a dope head that is linked with really bad organisations .

Fury is just short of 20st - to say size means nothing is ridiculous, you only need to look at the way he demolished Wilder twice after wrestling the life out of him.

What you think of him as a person is not what the discussion is about.
Fury would beat any man born in history on 11:42 - Oct 11 with 1653 viewsbritferry

we need to see the fury/joshua fight now

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Fury would beat any man born in history on 12:47 - Oct 11 with 1626 viewsCatullus

Fury would beat any man born in history on 11:30 - Oct 11 by dna

Fury is just short of 20st - to say size means nothing is ridiculous, you only need to look at the way he demolished Wilder twice after wrestling the life out of him.

That's kinda part of the argument though, the really good boxers don't get caught up all the grappling and wrestling too often. It's the boxers who are struggling who need to grab hold of people for a breather, or maybe some illegal contact!

That's why skill and speed are every bit as important as strength. Greater size usually means you are slower, a 6'9 and over 19 stone, Fury is big and slow. Ali was 6'3 and 16 stone but as well as being strong and skillful he was still small enough to be quick too. Ali would have punched Fury 3 or 4 times and moved away, Fury would be chasing shadows. Wilder would have been annihilated by Ali.

Fury would beat any man born in history on 13:40 - Oct 11 with 1611 viewsonehunglow

Fury would beat any man born in history on 11:30 - Oct 11 by dna

Well, Fury has said he s the greatest champion,that includes the man. Ali,Louis,Marciano were the greatest champions ,IMO.All transcended boxing. Fury s history and beliefs are sickening .

Primo Carnera was 20 st and 2metresxtall but Max Baer at six stone lighter utterly humiliated him and Max fond of a piece of skirt too .

As others have said,Ali would have totally played with Fury,as would Louis . Do you understand just how hard Joe Louis hit . Have a little research before trying to school me on boxing .

Thanks

Fury would beat any man born in history on 15:02 - Oct 11 with 1596 viewsCleddau

Fury would beat any man born in history on 11:11 - Oct 11 by onehunglow

Size meant nothing in that fight because the rules allowed Dempsey to stand over Willard and smash him in the face in the act of rising. So if you went down first in a round, you were in big trouble until the bell sounded.
Dempsey avoided the top two contenders for the entire duration of his heavyweight title reign, one of whom was a middleweight. Ducking dangerous opponents is not a modern phenomenon.

I get your general point but Dempsey isn't a good example. His legend contains a lot of smoke and mirrors.
Fury would beat any man born in history on 15:05 - Oct 11 with 1595 viewsCleddau

I'm curious who everyone thinks Mike Tyson's greatest victory was against.
Blown-up light heavyweight Mike Spinks? Old, inactive and come-backing Larry Holmes? Heroin addict Pinklon Thomas? Clumsy and awkward Trevor Berbick? Lard-ass Tony Tubbs? A green Tyrell Biggs? Frank Bruno?
Mike Tyson looked sensational cutting a swathe through one of the poorest generation of heavyweights in boxing history. Let's have a bit of perspective here.

Seriously, what is Mike Tyson's stand-out victory that makes him such an overwhelming favourite against Fury? Which of his victories is comparable to Fury's in Klitschko back yard? When did he ever come back from adversity to win a bout like Fury has done multiple times? Every time Mike touched the canvas, he lost and usually by KO.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024