Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your favourite derby moment 19:28 - Oct 10 with 4527 viewsKeithHaynes

For me, the 1-0 in the league cup, 2008.
Night game, my word did we spank them that night.

Gomez goal.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Your favourite derby moment on 20:04 - Oct 10 with 2491 viewsCatullus

This could be a false memory but I quite liked the moment way back when we were drawing 2-2 all, at the Vetch and Dean Saunders had a tap in but he hit the post from about 6 yards, the ball bounced back to him which he knocked in to great relief.

Can somebody verify that happened, it could be an alcohol affected memory!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Your favourite derby moment on 20:25 - Oct 10 with 2470 viewsKeithHaynes

Your favourite derby moment on 20:04 - Oct 10 by Catullus

This could be a false memory but I quite liked the moment way back when we were drawing 2-2 all, at the Vetch and Dean Saunders had a tap in but he hit the post from about 6 yards, the ball bounced back to him which he knocked in to great relief.

I remember a 3-2. Best I can do.

Your favourite derby moment on 20:30 - Oct 10 with 2461 viewsKilkennyjack

I agree.

‘Gomez grabs glory for the kings of welsh football’ evening post headline. Their first visit to the Liberty.

Beware of the Risen People

Your favourite derby moment on 20:38 - Oct 10 with 2454 viewsKeithHaynes

Your favourite derby moment on 20:04 - Oct 10 by Catullus

There you go.

Your favourite derby moment on 20:42 - Oct 10 with 2443 viewsDr_Winston

Wilf heading in the third in 2014, a game we could have won by five or six.

Either that or Matt Bound's late winner in 1998.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Your favourite derby moment on 21:58 - Oct 10 with 2386 viewsKeithHaynes

Your favourite derby moment on 20:42 - Oct 10 by Dr_Winston

This post has been edited by an administrator

Your favourite derby moment on 11:04 - Oct 11 with 2270 views1983

Your favourite derby moment on 20:38 - Oct 10 by KeithHaynes

There you go.

A bonkers day and my first South Wales Derby I remember like it was yesterday a really hot April day, about 50 cardiff fans run across the the pitch into the North Bank from the East stand some jumped down into the North Bank and regretted it straight away as the rest of the Cardiff fans left them and run off to the away end.

Your favourite derby moment on 12:10 - Oct 11 with 2247 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Can't remember the year but my first away derby at Ninian. Think it may have been 0-0 from memory.
Group of lads behind me were desperate to shout abuse at anything they could.
Jason Bowen playing for them got lots of pelters, even the groundsmen at half time got some. "Digging for worms, eh fatty". Creased me.
Also my mate from school tried to climb the fence to shout at the Cardiff fans on the Bob Bank, not realising they had painted the fences to stop people climbing them. He was covered in it.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Login to get fewer ads

Your favourite derby moment on 12:33 - Oct 11 with 2231 viewsvetchonian

Ante being sent off in the Welsh CUp final than coming back to lift the cup

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Your favourite derby moment on 12:37 - Oct 11 with 2228 viewsSwans9

Freestone saving a penalty at Ninian park and we all gave it Roger Roger Roger Freestone. Ended 1 all oops a daisy Martin Hayes e.
Your favourite derby moment on 12:51 - Oct 11 with 2218 viewsBillyChong

3-0 PL win probably just edges the 1-0 Gomez win. 5.30pm Saturday KO, stadium was bouncing.

Away - early 2000’s FAW cup final was an odd visit to Ninian but stands out
Your favourite derby moment on 13:18 - Oct 11 with 2197 viewsNotLoyal

Your favourite derby moment on 11:04 - Oct 11 by 1983

A bonkers day and my first South Wales Derby I remember like it was yesterday a really hot April day, about 50 cardiff fans run across the the pitch into the North Bank from the East stand some jumped down into the North Bank and regretted it straight away as the rest of the Cardiff fans left them and run off to the away end.

Does this feature in any of the anus's books because if it doesn't, I'm sorry its not true 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Your favourite derby moment on 13:20 - Oct 11 with 2193 viewspencoedjack

Brilliant away end

Your favourite derby moment on 13:46 - Oct 11 with 2167 viewsCatullus

I saw some bonker stuff derby days. 1993, the Ninian stand becoming part terracing! Seats flying everywhere, berserk. Running fights through Swansea centre.

I am so glad my son doesn't have to experience that.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Your favourite derby moment on 17:28 - Oct 11 with 2113 views1983

Your favourite derby moment on 13:20 - Oct 11 by pencoedjack

Brilliant away end

Was that the game with the cardiff roid head fan in a pink polo shirt to the left of us he thought he was Dai big spuds until the Jack's chanting ruined him even his mates flucked off and left him

Your favourite derby moment on 17:46 - Oct 11 with 2105 views1983

Your favourite derby moment on 13:18 - Oct 11 by NotLoyal

Does this feature in any of the anus's books because if it doesn't, I'm sorry its not true 😂

Hadn't been going to football that long I was 14 yrs old and never really noticed the casual thing then and fairplay some cardiff fans looked cool as fleck that day with blue & yellow Sergio Tacchinis on to go with cardiff colours that was the first thing I remember of that day and the few cardiff fans that got into the North Bank had a complete shoeing while they looked behind to see thier mates running to the west stand and leaving them to it and to win 3-2 after being 2-0. Then going home thinking what the fleck was that all about and the next day bullsh1tting your mates saying you were in amongst it lol 14yrs old FFS

Your favourite derby moment on 18:27 - Oct 11 with 2078 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Your favourite derby moment on 20:42 - Oct 10 by Dr_Winston

I disagree, that game undoubtedly played a huge part in the incompetent Garry Monk being given the permanent job whilst Ronald Koeman was begging for the job in national newspapers.

Three wins in 14 I think it was, which went under the radar due to that victory against Cardiff. It is depressing to think where we may be had he been rightfully let go.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Your favourite derby moment on 18:43 - Oct 11 with 2075 viewsguthrieintherain

Your favourite derby moment on 18:27 - Oct 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I disagree, that game undoubtedly played a huge part in the incompetent Garry Monk being given the permanent job whilst Ronald Koeman was begging for the job in national newspapers.

Three wins in 14 I think it was, which went under the radar due to that victory against Cardiff. It is depressing to think where we may be had he been rightfully let go.

David Giles scoring the last minute winner New Years day 1980 I think.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Your favourite derby moment on 19:03 - Oct 11 with 2061 viewstheloneranger

1966 Welsh Cup replay and we were 3-0 down in the 2nd half when Cardiff's Don Murray was sent off for butting Jimmy McLaughlin.

Keith Todd scored 2 goals and then Herbie scored the equaliser to take us to extra time. Brian Evans and Jimmy McLaughlin scored 2 goals in extra time to make the final score ...

Cardiff City 3 v 5 Swansea Town 😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Your favourite derby moment on 21:33 - Oct 11 with 2005 viewsbritferry

not favourtie but memorable, Cardiff scoring early down the Vetch in the 2nd leg of the 1982 Welsh Cup final, then this...

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. by Wingstandwood 16 Sep 2019 14:02
There is a poignant and moving story in today's South Wales Evening Post about PC Ian George. ........ He was the PC that was stabbed in the head with a dart.

Quote: "When fighting broke out on the North Bank officers came under a hail of golf balls, billiard balls, washers and coins. PC George who lived in Sketty, was in the thick of it when his helmet came off and seconds later he was stabbed in the head with a dart"

Valhalla always welcomes the brave! Protect and serve!

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Your favourite derby moment on 15:06 - Oct 12 with 1865 views34dfgdf54

Your favourite derby moment on 13:20 - Oct 11 by pencoedjack

Brilliant away end

That's probably mine. The feeling when that went in was incredible.

Have never forgiven Mike Dean for what he did to us that day, if memory serves, that would have been the first double.
Your favourite derby moment on 15:24 - Oct 12 with 1849 viewsKeithHaynes

Your favourite derby moment on 15:06 - Oct 12 by 34dfgdf54

That's probably mine. The feeling when that went in was incredible.

Have never forgiven Mike Dean for what he did to us that day, if memory serves, that would have been the first double.

He completely bottled it.

Your favourite derby moment on 16:24 - Oct 12 with 1832 viewsCatullus

Your favourite derby moment on 15:24 - Oct 12 by KeithHaynes

He completely bottled it.

Dean was a disgrace that day and he's been a disgrace many times since!

I'm going to have a new favourite derby moment, in the 72nd minute on Sunday when Pitoe completes his hat trick in a 4 nil win!

I can dream

Your favourite derby moment on 21:36 - Oct 12 with 1759 viewsbennytheblue

Your favourite derby moment on 16:24 - Oct 12 by Catullus

Dean was a disgrace that day and he's been a disgrace many times since!

I'm going to have a new favourite derby moment, in the 72nd minute on Sunday when Pitoe completes his hat trick in a 4 nil win!

I can dream

Just to add a bit of balance as there isn’t any away fans on here ever…

5. NYD 1988 2:2 first visit to the dump, soaking wet, hungover but what an atmosphere
4. Sept 88 league cup scfc 0 ccfc 2, 2 late goals see us through
3. Fa cup nov 91 we lost 2:1 but no one remembers it because of what occurred after, complete and total humiliation on home soil.
2. Bellers curler from 30 yards to silence the library
1. chopras late goal in a 2.1 win just as you were singing never beat the jacks, priceless.

Can’t say I’m looking forward to this one, the sooner we get rid of mick the better I can’t believe he’s still here.
Your favourite derby moment on 21:38 - Oct 12 with 1752 viewsKeithHaynes

Your favourite derby moment on 21:36 - Oct 12 by bennytheblue

Just to add a bit of balance as there isn’t any away fans on here ever…

5. NYD 1988 2:2 first visit to the dump, soaking wet, hungover but what an atmosphere
4. Sept 88 league cup scfc 0 ccfc 2, 2 late goals see us through
3. Fa cup nov 91 we lost 2:1 but no one remembers it because of what occurred after, complete and total humiliation on home soil.
2. Bellers curler from 30 yards to silence the library
1. chopras late goal in a 2.1 win just as you were singing never beat the jacks, priceless.

Can’t say I’m looking forward to this one, the sooner we get rid of mick the better I can’t believe he’s still here.

Welcome back mate.
That Bellamy goal was your finest moment alongside Buchanan.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024