Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
door bells 19:51 - Oct 13 with 2461 viewsbritferry

any of you got one of those fancy ones that you can see who is at the door on your mobile? Or any CCTV owner for that matter?

Well you might want to read this
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10087671/EVERY-Ring-doorbell-customer-f

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

door bells on 11:29 - Oct 15 with 827 viewsCatullus

door bells on 23:57 - Oct 14 by Jack123

She sounds like a prize whinger, personally I would be thankful if had cameras keeping an eye on my house for free.

It seems a lot more to this story, than the quick glance over the link provided. The majority of people would not have an issue with cameras covering their property, in fact I think it's very neighbourly of him, for not asking for a fee for carrying out that service.

I've read the story from a different source and the cameras do sound intrusive, covering her garden and with audio too. It does/did affect her privacy.

I intend to put cameras up front and rear but only covering our back door and garden near the house and front path and garden to the road.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

door bells on 13:15 - Oct 15 with 812 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

door bells on 10:46 - Oct 15 by controversial_jack

It doesn't matter what you like or dislike. I don't like being recorded every time i go out and every time i go into a shop or public building, but there's nothing i can do about it.

The key phrase, being, "their shed," it's on their property. I admit it's a bit weird and anti social, but it's not against the law,something that judge doesn't understand. Many people have home cctv and it captures images other than that which is on their property, and I know one who streams it to his pc. The implications of this are huge and could possibly prevent security surveillance unless it's overturned.

You are very wrong.

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/domestic-cctv-systems-guidance-for-people-u

If your cameras capture images of areas outside of your own property, such as your neighbours property, you then become a data controller and must abide by data protection and GDPR laws.

Lying and misleading people about what you're capturing is a huge breach of these laws, as is plenty of other things this gentleman did.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

door bells on 14:53 - Oct 15 with 789 viewsraynor94

door bells on 13:15 - Oct 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You are very wrong.

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/domestic-cctv-systems-guidance-for-people-u

If your cameras capture images of areas outside of your own property, such as your neighbours property, you then become a data controller and must abide by data protection and GDPR laws.

Lying and misleading people about what you're capturing is a huge breach of these laws, as is plenty of other things this gentleman did.

As he is on any subject he professes to be an expert on.

God help anyone who would take his advice.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

door bells on 14:59 - Oct 15 with 783 viewscontroversial_jack

door bells on 14:53 - Oct 15 by raynor94

As he is on any subject he professes to be an expert on.

God help anyone who would take his advice.

Guidance isn't law mate, it's just guidance which you can ignore if you wish
door bells on 19:42 - Oct 15 with 733 viewsCatullus

door bells on 14:59 - Oct 15 by controversial_jack

Guidance isn't law mate, it's just guidance which you can ignore if you wish

Interesting point of view. Except the judges decision seems to match up with the guidance and you can't ignore the judges decision.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

door bells on 00:01 - Oct 16 with 685 viewscontroversial_jack

door bells on 19:42 - Oct 15 by Catullus

Interesting point of view. Except the judges decision seems to match up with the guidance and you can't ignore the judges decision.

This is the point though, the judge was wrong and is out of step with the law
door bells on 00:14 - Oct 16 with 677 viewsJack123

door bells on 00:01 - Oct 16 by controversial_jack

This is the point though, the judge was wrong and is out of step with the law

I agree, with the lack of police around these days, cameras do help immensely deterring would be thieves/vandals etc.

It would be a shame if what the judge said, becomes law..

I think the two of them had previous arguments, and it has escalated to this.

libera nos a malo

door bells on 10:02 - Oct 16 with 633 viewscontroversial_jack

This is good, especially from about 6.15 mins and explains it all

Login to get fewer ads

door bells on 16:10 - Oct 16 with 608 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

door bells on 10:02 - Oct 16 by controversial_jack

This is good, especially from about 6.15 mins and explains it all

That video was published 17th June 2016.

GDPR came into effect on 25th May 2018.

You're welcome.

door bells on 17:08 - Oct 16 with 581 viewscontroversial_jack

door bells on 16:10 - Oct 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That video was published 17th June 2016.

GDPR came into effect on 25th May 2018.

You're welcome.

It only applies to companies and organisations. Images or recordings are not personal data

From the Met police

Freedom to photograph and film
Members of the public and the media do not need a permit to film or photograph in public places and police have no power to stop them filming or photographing incidents or police personnel.

https://www.met.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/ph/photography-advice
door bells on 17:43 - Oct 16 with 576 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

door bells on 17:08 - Oct 16 by controversial_jack

It only applies to companies and organisations. Images or recordings are not personal data

From the Met police

Freedom to photograph and film
Members of the public and the media do not need a permit to film or photograph in public places and police have no power to stop them filming or photographing incidents or police personnel.

https://www.met.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/ph/photography-advice

We're not arguing whether you need a permit to film. We're arguing whether you're allowed to record the entirety of your neighbours garden, their front and back doors, and then lie to them when they ask what you are recording. That is not allowed, regardless of whether you're doing so as part of a company or an individual in your own home.

Seeing as you like met police advice, here you go; https://www.met.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/data-pro/data-protection

"The Data Protection Act 2018 gives you the right of access to find out what information is held about you. This is called the Right of Subject Access.

The Act also requires those who record and use personal data to adhere to the Act's principles and be open about how they use it. This last part applies to the Met Police, which the Act calls a ‘Data Controller’."

The doorbell person in our example became a "Data Controller" when he began amassing a trove of personal information relating to his neighbour. He was obligated to share with his neighbour any personal data he held regarding her whenever she enquired.

When she did enquire, he lied to her, deliberately misled her and subsequently broke the law. Hence why a judge said so. The fact he refused to share what he had recorded would worry me if I lived on that road.

door bells on 19:28 - Oct 16 with 546 viewsNotLoyal

I've got a door bell, when you press it, it makes a noise.
Incredible, gets me every time.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

door bells on 08:19 - Oct 17 with 489 viewscontroversial_jack

door bells on 17:43 - Oct 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We're not arguing whether you need a permit to film. We're arguing whether you're allowed to record the entirety of your neighbours garden, their front and back doors, and then lie to them when they ask what you are recording. That is not allowed, regardless of whether you're doing so as part of a company or an individual in your own home.

Seeing as you like met police advice, here you go; https://www.met.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/data-pro/data-protection

"The Data Protection Act 2018 gives you the right of access to find out what information is held about you. This is called the Right of Subject Access.

The Act also requires those who record and use personal data to adhere to the Act's principles and be open about how they use it. This last part applies to the Met Police, which the Act calls a ‘Data Controller’."

The doorbell person in our example became a "Data Controller" when he began amassing a trove of personal information relating to his neighbour. He was obligated to share with his neighbour any personal data he held regarding her whenever she enquired.

When she did enquire, he lied to her, deliberately misled her and subsequently broke the law. Hence why a judge said so. The fact he refused to share what he had recorded would worry me if I lived on that road.

The point being, you can film anything you like and use it as you see fit.You can even put it on social media without the persons consent The police have said you can film anything, including themselves at any time, doing any activity. Taking pics of ppl isn't personal data, it's just an image. Everyone's property images can be found on google earth or google maps
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024