Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Notice of Intended prosecution 09:40 - Oct 15 with 8214 viewsjack_lord

What a start to the day.

Wife has had a notice of intended prosecution for not wearing a seatbelt.

Almost certainly that was me because she never drives when I have a week off and she wouldn't drive without one.

What we call the speed camera van probably caught whoever was responsible.

What I am actually saying is don't drive without a seat belt because those vans aren't just there to catch you speeding.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Notice of Intended prosecution on 13:24 - Oct 21 with 1107 viewsSirjohnalot

Notice of Intended prosecution on 12:17 - Oct 21 by Catullus

Asking for proof isn't any kind of admission, it's saying can you prove it? The prosecution have to prove your guilt, they have to supply evidence, they have to disclose evidence when asked too. Or so I believe

Is that right Sirjiohnalot? I'm happy to be corrected.

That's exactly right. You cannot just deny it and then on the day of trial ask for proof. You'll be told you should have asked for it before the day of trial.

The s172 is asking who the driver was, it is a completely distinct offence from the speeding or seatbelt eg. So it does not matter if you were not speeding or not wearing a seatbelt as the offence committed will be failing to respond or simply saying 'I don't know' as it is registered keeper's duty to know who was driving his car at the time or do everything possible to ascertain who it was'

Edit
[Post edited 21 Oct 2021 13:30]
Notice of Intended prosecution on 17:28 - Oct 21 with 1060 viewscontroversial_jack

Notice of Intended prosecution on 13:24 - Oct 21 by Sirjohnalot

That's exactly right. You cannot just deny it and then on the day of trial ask for proof. You'll be told you should have asked for it before the day of trial.

The s172 is asking who the driver was, it is a completely distinct offence from the speeding or seatbelt eg. So it does not matter if you were not speeding or not wearing a seatbelt as the offence committed will be failing to respond or simply saying 'I don't know' as it is registered keeper's duty to know who was driving his car at the time or do everything possible to ascertain who it was'

Edit
[Post edited 21 Oct 2021 13:30]

What if you genuinely don't know or cannot remember? Surely, just blaming the keeper goes against every legal principle of innocence until proven otherwise?
Notice of Intended prosecution on 17:55 - Oct 21 with 1053 viewsmajorraglan

Notice of Intended prosecution on 17:28 - Oct 21 by controversial_jack

What if you genuinely don't know or cannot remember? Surely, just blaming the keeper goes against every legal principle of innocence until proven otherwise?

Have a look at the pictures and evidence and go from there. If you still can’t or don’t remember, it’s likely the registered owner will have to go to Court to plead their case, but they’re likely to get done and have a bigger punishment than they’d have had for admitting the offence, otherwise loads of people would be trying it. Have a look at the Op Snap from Devon and Cornwall police on you tube, some of the fines handed out when the Registered Owner failed to ID they driver are eye opening.
Notice of Intended prosecution on 18:44 - Oct 21 with 1039 viewsSirjohnalot

This is why the notice gets sent out shortly after. You should know who is driving your car otherwise everyone would say that every time.

You can say you don’t know but then you have to show what you have done to find out who the driver was. I can’t think of any circumstances when you wouldn’t know.

It doesn’t go against legal principles, you have a duty to know who is driving your car, and you have to let them know. There’s case law which establishes this doesn’t go against the principle of self incrimination.

If you think about it neutrally, that has to be right as no one would ever be convicted of speeding or traffic lights when flashed.
Notice of Intended prosecution on 19:34 - Oct 21 with 1020 viewsraynor94

Well if you don't know or can't remember who drives your car, then you really do have a problem

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Notice of Intended prosecution on 19:48 - Oct 21 with 1014 viewsSirjohnalot

Notice of Intended prosecution on 19:34 - Oct 21 by raynor94

Well if you don't know or can't remember who drives your car, then you really do have a problem

Yep, exactly
Notice of Intended prosecution on 19:58 - Oct 21 with 1007 viewsCatullus

Notice of Intended prosecution on 19:34 - Oct 21 by raynor94

The only reason you wouldn't know is if it's been twocked, stolen.

In my case the only person who drives my car is me, if I wanted to argue it wasn't me I'd have to accuse my wife or son of twocking.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Notice of Intended prosecution on 21:07 - Oct 21 with 983 viewscontroversial_jack

There was a lawyer who was very successful at getting ppl off. He said if they were not sure who the driver was, then to name one would be perjury. I believe it says on the summons that you have to give the correct info. Not sure if he still does it, but it worked.
Login to get fewer ads

Notice of Intended prosecution on 21:18 - Oct 21 with 977 viewsSirjohnalot

Notice of Intended prosecution on 21:07 - Oct 21 by controversial_jack

There was a lawyer who was very successful at getting ppl off. He said if they were not sure who the driver was, then to name one would be perjury. I believe it says on the summons that you have to give the correct info. Not sure if he still does it, but it worked.

Nick Freeman.

Yes, but the law says you can say that but you must also do all that is reasonable to establish who the driver was otherwise you’re guilty.

Criminal Procedure Rules dictate that the ‘law is not a game’ the days have passed where you can turn up on the day or trial and simply cite a list of things that you want.

Look at paragraph 4 below

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/172
Notice of Intended prosecution on 21:51 - Oct 21 with 957 viewscontroversial_jack

Notice of Intended prosecution on 21:18 - Oct 21 by Sirjohnalot

Nick Freeman.

Yes, but the law says you can say that but you must also do all that is reasonable to establish who the driver was otherwise you’re guilty.

Criminal Procedure Rules dictate that the ‘law is not a game’ the days have passed where you can turn up on the day or trial and simply cite a list of things that you want.

Look at paragraph 4 below

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/172

i'm not sure if he still does it, but it worked for him at the time. I love loopholes.

No, it wasn't him, but Nick Freeman had a lot of success
[Post edited 21 Oct 2021 21:55]
Notice of Intended prosecution on 22:02 - Oct 21 with 947 viewsDr_Winston

Who the f*ck doesn't know who is driving their car?

I can understand someone not knowing who is logged onto their WiFi or who borrowed their DVD, but a car? Nah. That's bollocks.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Notice of Intended prosecution on 22:10 - Oct 21 with 944 viewsSirjohnalot

Notice of Intended prosecution on 21:51 - Oct 21 by controversial_jack

i'm not sure if he still does it, but it worked for him at the time. I love loopholes.

No, it wasn't him, but Nick Freeman had a lot of success
[Post edited 21 Oct 2021 21:55]

He did, but especially with drink driving it put lives at risk and made a mockery of the system.
It’s tightened up a lot now, in drink drive eg, it’s assume the machines are working properly unless you can prove otherwise. All experts agree that the machines self diagnose when there’s a fault
Notice of Intended prosecution on 22:37 - Oct 21 with 929 viewsKeithHaynes

Notice of Intended prosecution on 21:07 - Oct 21 by controversial_jack

Yes, he did well getting a bloke off in Gloucester who was pissed and ruined the life of a young child when he hit her on a Sunday afternoon having been on it for five hours. Great bloke.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Notice of Intended prosecution on 23:11 - Oct 21 with 896 viewshowenjack

Somnambulism is one excuse that could be deemed a get out in this scenario I believe it is not without precedent ? A guilty act requires a guilty mind (mens rea ) therefore if you have any history of sleepwalking as I do you can't be convicted if you pleaded this .
Notice of Intended prosecution on 23:11 - Oct 21 with 896 viewscontroversial_jack

Notice of Intended prosecution on 22:37 - Oct 21 by KeithHaynes

Yes, he did well getting a bloke off in Gloucester who was pissed and ruined the life of a young child when he hit her on a Sunday afternoon having been on it for five hours. Great bloke.

Sad, but I thought that's what defence lawyers do.
Notice of Intended prosecution on 08:19 - Oct 22 with 856 viewsSirjohnalot

Notice of Intended prosecution on 23:11 - Oct 21 by howenjack

Somnambulism is one excuse that could be deemed a get out in this scenario I believe it is not without precedent ? A guilty act requires a guilty mind (mens rea ) therefore if you have any history of sleepwalking as I do you can't be convicted if you pleaded this .

Nope, a lot of offences have strict liability, doesn’t require any intention such as going through a traffic light. May have special reasons not to have points, but you’re still
Guilty
Notice of Intended prosecution on 10:25 - Oct 22 with 826 viewsonehunglow

Notice of Intended prosecution on 22:37 - Oct 21 by KeithHaynes

Bigger problem now is drug driving .

Also No Insurance. Any objections to the cameras for sussing out uninsured drivers

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Notice of Intended prosecution on 11:35 - Oct 22 with 803 viewscontroversial_jack

Notice of Intended prosecution on 08:19 - Oct 22 by Sirjohnalot

Nope, a lot of offences have strict liability, doesn’t require any intention such as going through a traffic light. May have special reasons not to have points, but you’re still
Guilty

Here is the guy. it's from 2011

Notice of Intended prosecution on 12:06 - Oct 22 with 789 viewsSirjohnalot

Notice of Intended prosecution on 11:35 - Oct 22 by controversial_jack

Here is the guy. it's from 2011

Yes.

I know this firm, they’re based near Liverpool. Let’s just say ‘no comment ‘
Notice of Intended prosecution on 13:21 - Oct 22 with 777 viewscontroversial_jack

Notice of Intended prosecution on 12:06 - Oct 22 by Sirjohnalot

Yes.

I know this firm, they’re based near Liverpool. Let’s just say ‘no comment ‘

Widnes

https://www.majlaw.co.uk/offences/speeding/
Notice of Intended prosecution on 14:09 - Oct 22 with 769 viewshowenjack

Notice of Intended prosecution on 08:19 - Oct 22 by Sirjohnalot

Guilty

I know somnambulism is a defence to bigger Crimes - I didn't know not wearing a seatbelt was strict liability.
Notice of Intended prosecution on 14:16 - Oct 22 with 767 viewsonehunglow

Notice of Intended prosecution on 18:44 - Oct 21 by Sirjohnalot

This is why the notice gets sent out shortly after. You should know who is driving your car otherwise everyone would say that every time.

You can say you don’t know but then you have to show what you have done to find out who the driver was. I can’t think of any circumstances when you wouldn’t know.

It doesn’t go against legal principles, you have a duty to know who is driving your car, and you have to let them know. There’s case law which establishes this doesn’t go against the principle of self incrimination.

If you think about it neutrally, that has to be right as no one would ever be convicted of speeding or traffic lights when flashed.

That is surely the most succinct analysis as there has ever been posted.

If you do the offence then don't winge

We have to make the roads safer.

Ask why people drive with a phone in their hands,without a seat belt and drugged/pysed,first.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Notice of Intended prosecution on 15:14 - Oct 22 with 753 viewscontroversial_jack

Notice of Intended prosecution on 14:16 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

That is surely the most succinct analysis as there has ever been posted.

If you do the offence then don't winge

We have to make the roads safer.

Ask why people drive with a phone in their hands,without a seat belt and drugged/pysed,first.

We may not all agree that we have commit ed an offence. We may have transgressed some form of legislation, but we don't all feel like criminals if we have gone an extra mph over the speed limit etc and nobody has been harmed.That limit may be increased or decreased the next week.

There are hundreds of thousands of so celled laws and statutes, it's impossible for anyone to know them all even judges and barristers.

If I have committed some infringement, i will try my best to get around it, however If there is a victim and some injured party, and I know it's my fault then I will put my hands up
Notice of Intended prosecution on 22:26 - Oct 22 with 698 viewsjack_lord

Notice of Intended prosecution on 22:02 - Oct 21 by Dr_Winston

Who the f*ck doesn't know who is driving their car?

I can understand someone not knowing who is logged onto their WiFi or who borrowed their DVD, but a car? Nah. That's bollocks.

OK. You drive to Killay to meet your mates for a few bevvies at lunchtime (approximately 1PM). Your missus takes over the car and drives home. 4 days later you get a notice of intended prosecution for one of the offences above saying the offence was committed at 1PM in Killay. Who was driving?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Notice of Intended prosecution on 22:43 - Oct 22 with 686 viewsSirjohnalot

Notice of Intended prosecution on 22:26 - Oct 22 by jack_lord

OK. You drive to Killay to meet your mates for a few bevvies at lunchtime (approximately 1PM). Your missus takes over the car and drives home. 4 days later you get a notice of intended prosecution for one of the offences above saying the offence was committed at 1PM in Killay. Who was driving?

The ticket will tell you which camera clocked you and the time so you’ll be able to work out where on the map in relation to the pub the camera was.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024