Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inflation and interest rates 13:42 - Oct 20 with 763 viewsCatullus

Get yourself sorted pronto because while they are saying inflation is at 3.1% the stats show raw material costs have risen by over 11% and factory gate prices are 6.74% up. The experts predict an 80% certainty that interest rates are going to rise to levels higher than we've seen (in the last 13 years) by the end of next year.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Inflation and interest rates on 13:48 - Oct 20 with 747 viewsPawelAbbott

When it is wide spread shortages that are driving up prices, not sure how driving the cost of borrowing even higher is going to help.
Increasing the cost of living is going to make the situation worse
Inflation and interest rates on 13:58 - Oct 20 with 736 viewsCatullus

Inflation and interest rates on 13:48 - Oct 20 by PawelAbbott

When it is wide spread shortages that are driving up prices, not sure how driving the cost of borrowing even higher is going to help.
Increasing the cost of living is going to make the situation worse

It's not shortages though, there is no shortage of food or petrol, it is a supply chain issue.

Raw material costs are rising because of high demand. Prices are rising, interest rates will rise so people should look at their finances and see if they can mitigate these rises.

Take us, we are locked into a fixed rate mortgage for the next 8 years, we have made changes to our daily living to try and keep gas and electric usage down and save money, I make my son walk to school more to save petrol.

Do what you can to save money because times are going to get harder.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Inflation and interest rates on 14:15 - Oct 20 with 721 viewsFlashberryjack

Inflation and interest rates on 13:58 - Oct 20 by Catullus

It's not shortages though, there is no shortage of food or petrol, it is a supply chain issue.

Raw material costs are rising because of high demand. Prices are rising, interest rates will rise so people should look at their finances and see if they can mitigate these rises.

Take us, we are locked into a fixed rate mortgage for the next 8 years, we have made changes to our daily living to try and keep gas and electric usage down and save money, I make my son walk to school more to save petrol.

Do what you can to save money because times are going to get harder.

As the world economies try to recover from the financial effects of the pandemic, the UK embarks on a net zero carbon emissions, that will cost billions.

I wonder if Boris had Diane Abbott to help him with his sums on this.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Inflation and interest rates on 14:29 - Oct 20 with 709 viewsBoundy

Inflation and interest rates on 14:15 - Oct 20 by Flashberryjack

As the world economies try to recover from the financial effects of the pandemic, the UK embarks on a net zero carbon emissions, that will cost billions.

We're "building back better " don't you know , not sure who's interpretation of better is but it doesn't seem to align with mine

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Inflation and interest rates on 15:56 - Oct 20 with 666 viewsCatullus

Inflation and interest rates on 14:29 - Oct 20 by Boundy

We're "building back better " don't you know , not sure who's interpretation of better is but it doesn't seem to align with mine

I think he's referring to the work on the Houses of Parliament, or as I like to call it, Bedlam.

Inflation and interest rates on 18:13 - Oct 20 with 626 viewspikeypaul

When countries have spent 100s of Billions getting us through the pandemic high inflation is their friend.Simple economics.

🇺🇸 inflation has been twice ours the last 18 moths and Germany is higher also.

Every business out there is jumping on the band wagon, you only have to look in certain pubs to see the difference in price for exactly the same product, ditto supermarkets.

The sooner the public wake up to the tip off merchants that frankly take the pi55 with their prices the better.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Inflation and interest rates on 18:22 - Oct 20 with 617 viewsmonmouth

Inflation and interest rates on 18:13 - Oct 20 by pikeypaul

When countries have spent 100s of Billions getting us through the pandemic high inflation is their friend.Simple economics.

🇺🇸 inflation has been twice ours the last 18 moths and Germany is higher also.

Every business out there is jumping on the band wagon, you only have to look in certain pubs to see the difference in price for exactly the same product, ditto supermarkets.

The sooner the public wake up to the tip off merchants that frankly take the pi55 with their prices the better.

Food in pubs is eye watering now. What used to be £9 is now routinely £15 and they are just as full!

A car I was looking at last year, still unsold a year later, was £34k now £43k. It’s insane. But yes, government strategy will be to encourage high inflation and burn anyone on a fixed income. Until they need the votes, anyway. This is where Brown’s excellent idea of an independent Bank of England should kick in. But it won’t, they’ll play politics and their wild printing of money is encouraging it.

If you have a mortgage now’s the time to fix as long as you can. A friend (amazingly) just got 1% .

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Inflation and interest rates on 21:54 - Oct 20 with 571 viewspikeypaul

I rarely eat in pubs but the price differential for the same liquid product amonst pubs is huge in some instances.

This is where Brown’s excellent idea of an independent Bank of England should kick in.

After 7 years of mark carney using the BoE for his political gains and the benefit of his mates at Goldman Sachs(constantly talking the £ down)Browns decision proved a disaster,almost as bad as him selling of all our gold at rock bottom price.

All a so called"independent" BoE does is allow a different small group of people make decisions ,99% of the time for their own political/financial gain,nothing has changed at all,Carney epitomised that .
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 22:33]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

Inflation and interest rates on 23:25 - Oct 20 with 511 viewsKilkennyjack

Inflation and interest rates on 14:15 - Oct 20 by Flashberryjack

It will cost billions if we do nothing.

Flooding, fires, extreme weather all cost billions.
And this will keep happening as night follows day.
Supply chains will be broken.
Gas prices already through the roof.

The only option is the net zero carbon commitment.
It will create jobs.
Renewal energy is essential, like the Tidal lagoon.

Its spend on one thing, or spending on the other thing.
We could tax the rich to pay for it, they did ok from the pandemic.

Beware of the Risen People

Inflation and interest rates on 10:06 - Oct 21 with 428 viewscontroversial_jack

This govt will then blame it on the welfare state and force more cuts again. They will pick on the weakest members of society, just as most Tory bullies and cowards traditionally do.
Inflation and interest rates on 11:09 - Oct 21 with 396 viewsraynor94

Inflation and interest rates on 10:06 - Oct 21 by controversial_jack

This govt will then blame it on the welfare state and force more cuts again. They will pick on the weakest members of society, just as most Tory bullies and cowards traditionally do.

It will be nice to get some interest on my savings, youngsters don't know they are born these days with mortgage rates.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Inflation and interest rates on 11:58 - Oct 21 with 380 viewsonehunglow

Inflation and interest rates on 11:09 - Oct 21 by raynor94

It will be nice to get some interest on my savings, youngsters don't know they are born these days with mortgage rates.

Think I remember mortgage rates at 15%+

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Inflation and interest rates on 12:07 - Oct 21 with 378 viewsCatullus

Inflation and interest rates on 18:22 - Oct 20 by monmouth

Food in pubs is eye watering now. What used to be £9 is now routinely £15 and they are just as full!

A car I was looking at last year, still unsold a year later, was £34k now £43k. It’s insane. But yes, government strategy will be to encourage high inflation and burn anyone on a fixed income. Until they need the votes, anyway. This is where Brown’s excellent idea of an independent Bank of England should kick in. But it won’t, they’ll play politics and their wild printing of money is encouraging it.

If you have a mortgage now’s the time to fix as long as you can. A friend (amazingly) just got 1% .

We remortgaged just before interest rates dropped to basement levels and we are fixed til 2029 at 2.17%. We could have gotten cheaper but it was only for 3 or 5 year deals and I wanted long term certainty.

We don't eat in pubs, we don't eat out often anyway and it's only since the football opened up I've been going to the pub again.

The bank should be independent, you're right.

Inflation and interest rates on 12:56 - Oct 21 with 369 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Inflation and interest rates on 12:07 - Oct 21 by Catullus

We remortgaged just before interest rates dropped to basement levels and we are fixed til 2029 at 2.17%. We could have gotten cheaper but it was only for 3 or 5 year deals and I wanted long term certainty.

We don't eat in pubs, we don't eat out often anyway and it's only since the football opened up I've been going to the pub again.

The bank should be independent, you're right.

The Bank of England is independent and set the interest rate to try to keep inflation around 2% . No doubt they will increase base rate either in November or December.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Inflation and interest rates on 13:44 - Oct 21 with 355 viewsCatullus

Inflation and interest rates on 12:56 - Oct 21 by felixstowe_jack

The Bank of England is independent and set the interest rate to try to keep inflation around 2% . No doubt they will increase base rate either in November or December.

The bank is techically independent but I'm not convinced. Carney certainly made political decisions, in my opinion.

Inflation and interest rates on 17:33 - Oct 21 with 320 viewscontroversial_jack

Inflation and interest rates on 11:09 - Oct 21 by raynor94

Your savings will be eroded by inflation
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024