Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin... Take a bow. 21:50 - Oct 20 with 9340 viewsmagicdaps10

🙌🙌

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 21:52 - Oct 20 with 2543 viewsKeithHaynes

And anyone on here who has battered this young man from day one should agree.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 21:54 - Oct 20 with 2521 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 21:52 - Oct 20 by KeithHaynes

I'm thinking he would be welcome at any Bar Mitzvah you go to then.
I might be wrong

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:00 - Oct 20 with 2487 viewsmax936

I've had massive doubts about him, being honest and its still early days, but that 2nd half was beautiful, we deserved a third goal as well no matter, we beat a headlining team tonight with greater riches than we have, Happy Days.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 22:11]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:00 - Oct 20 with 2483 views34dfgdf54

Get Obafemi fit. Another window coming soon to add a few more which fit into this way of playing.

Outstanding stuff
Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:01 - Oct 20 with 2477 viewsmagicdaps10

Foolishly there has been a few.

Its not been easy for him but you could always see there was a plan and a foundation.

Transition doesn't happen overnight, glad he has a smile on his face 👌

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:03 - Oct 20 with 2431 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:01 - Oct 20 by magicdaps10

Foolishly there has been a few.

Its not been easy for him but you could always see there was a plan and a foundation.

Transition doesn't happen overnight, glad he has a smile on his face 👌

and "battered" is not really an apposite word.

Are we allowed an opinion or nor Keith.

Nobody "battered" anyone.

It might have a different meaning for some.

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:03 - Oct 20 with 2445 viewsraynor94

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 21:54 - Oct 20 by onehunglow

I'm thinking he would be welcome at any Bar Mitzvah you go to then.
I might be wrong

You being wrong? Perish the thought

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:05 - Oct 20 with 2437 viewsThrasher6

Some people need to start reading the signs better.....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:05 - Oct 20 with 2421 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:03 - Oct 20 by raynor94

You being wrong? Perish the thought

I can live with that ray.

Think you've been wrong too.

Always Right

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:07 - Oct 20 with 2418 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:03 - Oct 20 by onehunglow

and "battered" is not really an apposite word.

Are we allowed an opinion or nor Keith.

Nobody "battered" anyone.

It might have a different meaning for some.

Some times mate the negativity, it gets very tiring.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:15 - Oct 20 with 2343 viewsDr_Parnassus

Superb stuff, Martin again deserves praise for the second game in a row. A very impressive change of tactics at half time, and much needed. Because the first half is best forgotten.

Faster tempo, more direct, higher line. It was chalk and cheese, and he doesn’t seem to be sticking with it regardless, but changing mid game. So that’s encouraging as it wasn’t long ago that we would have had to endure that first half for the whole game without a change.

Second half was fantastic. Result was incredible.

But I will stress again, any criticism he has received prior to these two games was entirely justified, just as the praise he has received for the latest two. There is no point revising history.

I won’t be budged on that.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:18 - Oct 20 with 2327 viewsraynor94

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:05 - Oct 20 by onehunglow

I can live with that ray.

Think you've been wrong too.

Always Right

I've been wrong on many occasions, but the personal abuse Martin got on here was pathetic

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:20 - Oct 20 with 2311 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:07 - Oct 20 by KeithHaynes

Some times mate the negativity, it gets very tiring.

This is bucketfulls
Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:22 - Oct 20 with 2285 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:18 - Oct 20 by raynor94

I've been wrong on many occasions, but the personal abuse Martin got on here was pathetic

Any personal remarks made to players or management is never on. Sadly we have had that for the past 3 years.

Tactical criticism should be welcomed however, not shunned. You can be damned sure those within the club were discussing those first 12 games just as much, if not more than we were on here and being hyper critical.

As they should be of course. It’s how you improve.

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:23 - Oct 20 with 2252 viewsDr_Winston

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:18 - Oct 20 by raynor94

Of course it was, from people who are never happier than when they've got something to whine about.

Our game management was spot on today. After conceding a goal that early it would have been easy to panic and wobble. It's exactly what we did at Luton, but we seem to have learned from that experience.

We took a breath, calmed down, and played our game. Dominated the ball in the first half without creating a lot, but mentally it was good to be in control. A tactical tweak at half time (take a bow Korey Smith - immense in the second half) and there only ever looked like one team that was going to win after the restart.

It's a real marker of a result for what Russell Martin is trying to do here. What some people understood would take time whilst the less intelligent cried like babies.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:24 - Oct 20 with 2278 viewsBoundy

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:15 - Oct 20 by Dr_Parnassus

Superb stuff, Martin again deserves praise for the second game in a row. A very impressive change of tactics at half time, and much needed. Because the first half is best forgotten.

Faster tempo, more direct, higher line. It was chalk and cheese, and he doesn’t seem to be sticking with it regardless, but changing mid game. So that’s encouraging as it wasn’t long ago that we would have had to endure that first half for the whole game without a change.

Second half was fantastic. Result was incredible.

But I will stress again, any criticism he has received prior to these two games was entirely justified, just as the praise he has received for the latest two. There is no point revising history.

I won’t be budged on that.

Not sure that you can be too critical of the 1st half , it took a while to get going after conceding but I felt we were a match for them and it just needed a tweak and better distribution going forward a, both of which happened . They ran out of ideas hitting long balls which was exactly what we tried in the first half , some of the interplay in the second half was joy to watch

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:24 - Oct 20 with 2267 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:23 - Oct 20 by Dr_Winston

Of course it was, from people who are never happier than when they've got something to whine about.

Our game management was spot on today. After conceding a goal that early it would have been easy to panic and wobble. It's exactly what we did at Luton, but we seem to have learned from that experience.

We took a breath, calmed down, and played our game. Dominated the ball in the first half without creating a lot, but mentally it was good to be in control. A tactical tweak at half time (take a bow Korey Smith - immense in the second half) and there only ever looked like one team that was going to win after the restart.

It's a real marker of a result for what Russell Martin is trying to do here. What some people understood would take time whilst the less intelligent cried like babies.

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:26 - Oct 20 with 2253 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:24 - Oct 20 by Boundy

Not sure that you can be too critical of the 1st half , it took a while to get going after conceding but I felt we were a match for them and it just needed a tweak and better distribution going forward a, both of which happened . They ran out of ideas hitting long balls which was exactly what we tried in the first half , some of the interplay in the second half was joy to watch

First half was awful. Truly.

I can’t remember us getting near their goal. We were completely unimaginative.

Second half was a massive change and to be fair it does seem like that stemmed from the managers changes.

I can’t fault the second half.

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:29 - Oct 20 with 2243 viewsThrasher6

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:24 - Oct 20 by Boundy

I thought WBA were pretty uninspiring tbh...over hyped a bit....and felt we could take it to them second half. We were very good....and really showed them up a dair bit. Onwards and upwards...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:30 - Oct 20 with 2238 viewsFireboy2

Brilliant post winny.

As usual you are spot on mate 👍
Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:32 - Oct 20 with 2229 viewsGriffting

The team definitely look fitter now as well. I think we might see a fair few second half displays similar to the past 2 games because the way we keep the ball will sap the energy from opposing teams. Especially teams who like to press high.
Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:35 - Oct 20 with 2207 views34dfgdf54

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:32 - Oct 20 by Griffting

The team definitely look fitter now as well. I think we might see a fair few second half displays similar to the past 2 games because the way we keep the ball will sap the energy from opposing teams. Especially teams who like to press high.

We had a shocker of a pre season, Covid in camp throughout, one of the facilities literally shut down due to it, it’s taken time but it’s coming together nicely.
Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:37 - Oct 20 with 2187 viewsmagicdaps10

Pretty bang on post that....be silly to disagree with any of that.

Good post 👌

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:39 - Oct 20 with 2156 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:37 - Oct 20 by magicdaps10

Pretty bang on post that....be silly to disagree with any of that.

Good post 👌

It’s a very silly post designed to troll. I disagree with it completely and am far from silly as you know

But I do tend to see things that others don’t…

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:39 - Oct 20 with 2153 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin... Take a bow. on 22:32 - Oct 20 by Griffting

Another good post there...opens the mind a bit more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024