Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any swearing will result in a ban? 00:16 - Oct 24 with 3458 viewsWalterBoyd

Just checking.

Would ffs result in a ban ?

Would for christ's sake result in a ban ?

Would , you complete and utter banker result in a ban ?

Would you knob head result in a ban ?

Let me know which ones are ok and I will stick to those.

I recommend drawing up a list . Do's and Dont's , seriously. Everyone will know where they stand. What is swearing and what isn't ?

Could also draw up a list of opinions allowed.

What is acceptable way to dress.

What is an acceptable amount to drink

What is an acceptable amount of calories to consume in a day.

It all makes perfect sense.
FFS
Any swearing will result in a ban? on 00:19 - Oct 24 with 1806 viewsWalterBoyd

"It has to stop, personal insults and swearing will now result in bans. It’s been said too much, and there’s still a few not listening."

North Korea could not implement this , they tried and failed.
Any swearing will result in a ban? on 00:22 - Oct 24 with 1802 viewsOptimisticJack

Nice to see a site being run in the correct way.
Let's all enjoy it , stick to the basic rules and all enjoy an entertaining season of football on and off the field.

Optimisticjack

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 00:42 - Oct 24 with 1786 viewsWalterBoyd

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 00:22 - Oct 24 by OptimisticJack

Nice to see a site being run in the correct way.
Let's all enjoy it , stick to the basic rules and all enjoy an entertaining season of football on and off the field.

Totally agree. Lets just talk football.

But one swear word and you are banned is crazy.

Personally I hate swearing and it shows up those with a lower IQ, but I am sure there is a protest about this on the cards, wait and see. It will offend someone.
Any swearing will result in a ban? on 00:43 - Oct 24 with 1767 viewsDr_Parnassus

Can’t argue with Keith’s stance on this.

The forum has got nasty again in the last week or two, some real sinister stuff too as some of the usual mob have come back to cause trouble.

Water off a ducks back for me but people shouldn’t have to read such bile.

If people cannot put their views across without insulting others, then they shouldn’t post. Quite simple.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 05:33 - Oct 24 with 1728 viewsTreforys_Jack

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 00:43 - Oct 24 by Dr_Parnassus

Can’t argue with Keith’s stance on this.

The forum has got nasty again in the last week or two, some real sinister stuff too as some of the usual mob have come back to cause trouble.

Water off a ducks back for me but people shouldn’t have to read such bile.

If people cannot put their views across without insulting others, then they shouldn’t post. Quite simple.

How about labelling people with different views as dim, twp, deluded, simple minded, gullible etc etc , whats your stance on that. Or deliberately trolling individual posters with second usernames.
Any swearing will result in a ban? on 06:05 - Oct 24 with 1708 viewsDr_Parnassus

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 05:33 - Oct 24 by Treforys_Jack

How about labelling people with different views as dim, twp, deluded, simple minded, gullible etc etc , whats your stance on that. Or deliberately trolling individual posters with second usernames.

Not sure, depends the context.

I rarely if ever see those things said without the initial barbs. It is very rare that someone makes a considered post and is told they are simple minded.

That usually comes once someone makes one of their unfounded accusations or gets personal, that I see a lot of.

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 07:11 - Oct 24 with 1697 viewsbuilthjack

Who has been a naughty boy or girl ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 08:18 - Oct 24 with 1677 viewsdantheswansman

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 00:19 - Oct 24 by WalterBoyd

"It has to stop, personal insults and swearing will now result in bans. It’s been said too much, and there’s still a few not listening."

Doesn’t stop people trying though, I will not be dictated to by anyone, if I want to live under a dictatorship I’ll go to N Korea
Personal insults I can get on board with but “swearing”
Who decides what a swear word is?
If a list cannot be provided then how are users to know they’re breaking the rules?
My opinion on what is a swear word and the language police implementing this might have completely different views
If this is being done then provide a list
Login to get fewer ads

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 08:28 - Oct 24 with 1667 viewsmagicdaps10

It's funny reading this, it appears that some don't realise their posts have been deleted a few times by the hierarchy on here for giving abuse but yet are putting it on others.

I think that rather than push the blame to others, people actually control the only thing that they can control..... Themselves.

If anyone thinks that they don't fall into the category that Keith as set out and think it's others.... Then we are in trouble.
Control yourselves and not others and this site will be a far better place.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 09:26 - Oct 24 with 1599 viewsonehunglow

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 08:28 - Oct 24 by magicdaps10

It's funny reading this, it appears that some don't realise their posts have been deleted a few times by the hierarchy on here for giving abuse but yet are putting it on others.

I think that rather than push the blame to others, people actually control the only thing that they can control..... Themselves.

If anyone thinks that they don't fall into the category that Keith as set out and think it's others.... Then we are in trouble.

People should be able to state they are not a fan of Martin,not an acolyte,not even taken with work in progress mantra without getting personal filth.

You can see the old firm -like swancity-popping over for a dig. They are that obvious. They do not have to swear either and has been suggested it is far more sinister.

People -get a grip

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 09:26 - Oct 24 with 1607 viewsDr_Parnassus

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 08:28 - Oct 24 by magicdaps10

Who has had posts deleted?

I think you may be spreading fantasies again Daps.

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 10:20 - Oct 24 with 1584 viewscontroversial_jack

Keith has stated that he has had 5 complaints for inappropriate posting, but are they actually justified complaints?
Any swearing will result in a ban? on 10:28 - Oct 24 with 1574 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Keith puts in a lot of work to keep this site running, if his standards have been breached I'm happy for him to act as he sees fit as he tends to be equitable in these matters.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 10:28 - Oct 24 with 1574 viewsKeithHaynes

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 00:42 - Oct 24 by WalterBoyd

Totally agree. Lets just talk football.

But one swear word and you are banned is crazy.

Personally I hate swearing and it shows up those with a lower IQ, but I am sure there is a protest about this on the cards, wait and see. It will offend someone.

Your complicating the basic rules of debating and treating each other with respect with personal insults to one another and the use of swear words to make a point, We have a younger element these days on here and kids have access to this site, I have more respect for my own personal self than to allow this site return to its old ways. One swear word and your banned isn’t what we have been saying since last September, and your examples are also incorrect.

All we are saying is make this a decent and enjoyable forum. Don’t bully and encourage hate, don’t make personal attacks on people because they think differently to you and using words which you wouldn’t want your kids or family to see are unacceptable.

It’s that simple, if you keep it simple.

Edit, references to North Korea are laughable. That’s ruling by way of fear, we are just asking people to have some respect for themselves and each other.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 10:41 - Oct 24 with 1549 viewsKeithHaynes

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 09:26 - Oct 24 by onehunglow

People should be able to state they are not a fan of Martin,not an acolyte,not even taken with work in progress mantra without getting personal filth.

You can see the old firm -like swancity-popping over for a dig. They are that obvious. They do not have to swear either and has been suggested it is far more sinister.

People -get a grip

That isn’t the point. I must be wasting my time.

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 10:44 - Oct 24 with 1540 viewsCatullus

Ok, I put my hands up, I sometimes slip a swear word in but I don't think I have made any direct personal insults.
I agree with Keith's stance but it does depend what are considered swear words, for example, I know a woman, a regular church goer who doesn't consider "B*****ks" to be a swear word whereas my wife, a non religious person does. My son (Aged 13) doesn't consider Jesus or Christ, even if used together to be swearing but the aforementioned religious person does.

It's a bit of a minefield really. Watch where you put your feet.

If you directly call someone twp or deluded, is that considered a personal insult? I have often referred to 2 posters as WUM's is that against the rules?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 10:49 - Oct 24 with 1523 viewsKeithHaynes

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 10:44 - Oct 24 by Catullus

Ok, I put my hands up, I sometimes slip a swear word in but I don't think I have made any direct personal insults.
I agree with Keith's stance but it does depend what are considered swear words, for example, I know a woman, a regular church goer who doesn't consider "B*****ks" to be a swear word whereas my wife, a non religious person does. My son (Aged 13) doesn't consider Jesus or Christ, even if used together to be swearing but the aforementioned religious person does.

If you directly call someone twp or deluded, is that considered a personal insult? I have often referred to 2 posters as WUM's is that against the rules?

Ok here goes, use whatever words you want until midnight, and a moderator will advise you personally when it’s out of order. Then you can have some free hits. I’m going to herd some cats for a bit 😂 Have a wonderful day everyone.

Here’s a clue for Walter, are you still a site member when it’s hours since you gave those examples ?

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 10:49 - Oct 24 with 1522 viewsGwyn737

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 10:28 - Oct 24 by KeithHaynes

Your complicating the basic rules of debating and treating each other with respect with personal insults to one another and the use of swear words to make a point, We have a younger element these days on here and kids have access to this site, I have more respect for my own personal self than to allow this site return to its old ways. One swear word and your banned isn’t what we have been saying since last September, and your examples are also incorrect.

All we are saying is make this a decent and enjoyable forum. Don’t bully and encourage hate, don’t make personal attacks on people because they think differently to you and using words which you wouldn’t want your kids or family to see are unacceptable.

It’s that simple, if you keep it simple.

Edit, references to North Korea are laughable. That’s ruling by way of fear, we are just asking people to have some respect for themselves and each other.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Totally agree with this.

Also, from a practical (and admittedly selfish) point of view, the rules on swearing on this forum means that I can check the forum on breaks in work without sending the filters loopy.

It’s the same for me at home, where I’ve got protections set quite high with a young ‘un in the house.
Any swearing will result in a ban? on 11:19 - Oct 24 with 1470 viewsCatullus

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 10:49 - Oct 24 by KeithHaynes

Ok here goes, use whatever words you want until midnight, and a moderator will advise you personally when it’s out of order. Then you can have some free hits. I’m going to herd some cats for a bit 😂 Have a wonderful day everyone.

Here’s a clue for Walter, are you still a site member when it’s hours since you gave those examples ?

To be fair Keith, it was always going to be like herding cats but some of the cats are more intelligent than others, like Professor, some are less bright, like myself.

You just need to tie all our tails together and we'll be more manageable!

PS, I'm a Manx!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 11:43 - Oct 24 with 1442 viewsmax936

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 00:19 - Oct 24 by WalterBoyd

Walt have you had a couple sweet Sherry's today

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 11:44 - Oct 24 with 1438 viewsbuilthjack

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 10:49 - Oct 24 by Gwyn737

Totally agree with this.

Also, from a practical (and admittedly selfish) point of view, the rules on swearing on this forum means that I can check the forum on breaks in work without sending the filters loopy.

It’s the same for me at home, where I’ve got protections set quite high with a young ‘un in the house.

I guess some f and blind all day at home, so don't see anything wrong with doing it on here.
They don't know any different unfortunately.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 11:58 - Oct 24 with 1420 viewsmax936

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 10:44 - Oct 24 by Catullus

I hate it when people say the lords name in vain and I 'am in no way religious, I just always have my Mother always used to hate it being said as I was growing up and its stuck with me.

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 12:04 - Oct 24 with 1414 viewsEvs

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 11:19 - Oct 24 by Catullus

To be fair Keith, it was always going to be like herding cats but some of the cats are more intelligent than others, like Professor, some are less bright, like myself.

You just need to tie all our tails together and we'll be more manageable!

PS, I'm a Manx!!

lol...and could we consider neutering all those cats too?

"For male cats, neutering will make them less likely to fight other cats" (source: PDSA)

Enough said ;)
Any swearing will result in a ban? on 12:06 - Oct 24 with 1410 viewsmax936

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 12:04 - Oct 24 by Evs

lol...and could we consider neutering all those cats too?

"For male cats, neutering will make them less likely to fight other cats" (source: PDSA)

Enough said ;)

I hate Cats.

Any swearing will result in a ban? on 12:24 - Oct 24 with 1388 viewsraynor94

It's amazing how many of these posts turn up in the early hours

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024