Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 23:09 - Oct 24 with 17397 viewsNotLoyal

The beautiful land of Peterborough, caught up in the Soke of Northampton, this antique replica of something yet to be discovered, in original terms, a town, in every day terms a dodgy toe nail hanging on to the cleft pallet of a donkeys bum.

Oh, it’s what we do on here, it’s our way of welcoming our opponents.

The Posh
Although the present club did not come into being until 1934, the 'Posh' name first came to the fore a decade earlier, almost certainly stemming from Pat Tirrel, player manager of Fletton United, a previous user of the present club's London Road ground, who announced in close season of 1921 that he was looking for 'Posh players for a Posh team' to compete in the Northamptonshire League (later the United Counties League). Fletton, previously known as the 'Brickies,' re-formed as Peterborough and Fletton United in 1923 and both nicknames were in use through the 1920s, although supporters complained that 'Posh' references were sometimes used by newspapers in a derisory manner. Peterborough and Fletton United folded in 1932, the present club was formed two years later and a Midland League debut against Gainsborough Trinity on 1st September 1934 was greeted with cries of 'Up The Posh' from the crowd.

Did you know ?
Victoria ( my heads in my arse) Beckham challenged Peterborough United registering their club nickname as a trademark in 1998 ? It obviously didn’t work as they are still called The Posh today, and she is a washed up old deckchair.

Celebrity gimp, VIctoria Beckham who thinks she is bigger than a whole community

The Posh
Peterborough United are a small club that do cock waving splendidly well. They will see this game as a cup final against the divisions ‘pass masters’ After many seasons in the Premier League the swans have been targets for teams to play above themselves when they visit Wales. Such is the way clubs hold Swansea in high esteem. If it wasn’t for that the swans would have won all their games. They are favourites to win this game for sure. The people of Peterborough land are called gimps, and the town itself is recognised as one of the worst town's to live in. Voted by the very people who live there. Peterborough is actually in Canada.

Lee Trundle scores for Swansea City as the referee adds on an extra four minutes of injury time 28th Oct 2021 11:43
A look back now to one of the most dramatic games between Swansea City and Peterborough United in recent times. This game ended 2-2 after a second half that was as exciting as it was controversial. We are going back to 2009. 0

Darren Ferguson believes his Peterborough side can upset Swansea City 29th Oct 2021 08:31
Never short on confidence, and looking at Peterborough United’s form in the championship since promotion you can’t argue with their current manager believing they can take all the points from tomorrows game at the Swansea.Com stadium. 0

Russell Martin sets the standard for Michael Obafemi 29th Oct 2021 12:26
Russell Martin presented more good news for Swansea City fans this morning when he confirmed that he has a nigh on fully fit side for selection against Peterborough United. We must remember Martin has been exceptionally cute when talking to the press pre match, and on numerous occasions hasn’t so much misled the pre match talk, he has been let’s say, exceptionally clever in his choice of words. 0

Swansea City v Peterborough United Teams for today 30th Oct 2021 14:04
Here are the selections for todays game at the Swansea.Com stadium. Swansea City return to their home ground for a week of three games starting today against Peterborough United. On Tuesday they travel to Coventry and then next Saturday it’s Bournemouth away. 0

Swansea City are outstanding as they outplay and outclass Peterborough United 30th Oct 2021 17:29
The first half couldn’t have started any better for the swans with Jake Bidwell getting on the end of an exquisite first minute move which saw Ethan Laird crossing for the defender to slide in for the opener. From there on the half was dominated by Swansea City with the posh only getting in on goal on two occasions. 0

More to Follow

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 10:16 - Oct 25 with 5904 viewsonehunglow

To be Posh in Swansea isnt good is it?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 14:10 - Oct 25 with 5834 viewstheloneranger

ex Swan David Cornell in goals for Peterboro.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 18:41 - Oct 25 with 5725 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 14:10 - Oct 25 by theloneranger

Any good Kemo Sabe?

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:44 - Oct 25 with 5696 viewsbuilthjack

I think we will hit them for 4

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 11:11 - Oct 26 with 5513 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 14:10 - Oct 25 by theloneranger

I had the pleasure of travelling up to Wembley for the cup final with him and Roger Freestone either side of me , a nice lad , a bit shy though which is the last thing you'd expect a goal keeper to be and the total opposite of Rog

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED TUESDAY on 16:12 - Oct 26 with 5368 viewsKeithHaynes

Rog is one of the most down to earth footballers ( Ex etc ) I've ever met. Both personally and in company. Russell Martin would love him in his current side, no ego, no centre of attention, just a personable and very funny person.

Swansea first.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED TUESDAY on 16:26 - Oct 26 with 5358 viewsCatullus

English call us sheep sha&&ers but no word of a lie, I have never seen as many sheep as when I went to Peterborough, and Northampton. It'll be quite ironic if they call us this on Saturday!

Keith, I love Roger Freestone, another obe of those who always made time for you, always willing to have a chat and willing to take the mick too the cheeky so and so.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED TUESDAY on 16:30 - Oct 26 with 5358 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED TUESDAY on 16:12 - Oct 26 by KeithHaynes

Rog is one of the most down to earth footballers ( Ex etc ) I've ever met. Both personally and in company. Russell Martin would love him in his current side, no ego, no centre of attention, just a personable and very funny person.

Swansea first.

I remember a delivery driver being at the hatch in reception one day at work I recognised him but couldnt think from where...then the penny dropped it was Rog...he had retired and was now delivering parcels around the Newport area...had a great chat for 5 mins or so ....thats another thing that winds me up about todays players ...they will not have to find alternative employ ....I know those in Lg1 and below may need to but until recently my post man was one Gary Emmanuel he has only just recently retired pounding the streets yet he played at Brum when they were in the old First division ....
Imagune somew of todays players delivering parcels or the mail?.....they would be too tried

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED TUESDAY on 21:16 - Oct 26 with 5238 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED TUESDAY on 16:30 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

I remember a delivery driver being at the hatch in reception one day at work I recognised him but couldnt think from where...then the penny dropped it was Rog...he had retired and was now delivering parcels around the Newport area...had a great chat for 5 mins or so ....thats another thing that winds me up about todays players ...they will not have to find alternative employ ....I know those in Lg1 and below may need to but until recently my post man was one Gary Emmanuel he has only just recently retired pounding the streets yet he played at Brum when they were in the old First division ....
Imagune somew of todays players delivering parcels or the mail?.....they would be too tried

He delivered spuds in the close season when he was professional. Still on the van delivering parcels 👍

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED TUESDAY on 00:49 - Oct 27 with 5166 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED TUESDAY on 16:30 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

Vetch - I worked with Gary for the last 20yrs or so and he is probably one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, great sense of humour as well.
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED TUESDAY on 07:26 - Oct 27 with 5122 viewstheloneranger

Gary's father Len played for the Swans and Newport, and his uncle Tom Emmanuel also played for us.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Weds on 21:47 - Oct 27 with 4866 viewsAndyCole

Back on topic....

This is a must win game for Martin to show the West Brom game wasn't a flash in the pan, orchestrated and delivered by the senior players.

It was clear for some that Grimesy, Bennett (and ofc Paterson) drove us forward in the 2nd half to take the game to them, in the way in which we did so often the past two terms. They drew upon the same drive and focus to find a way of winning, found that Edge and pushed on with Plan B to get the win. BergkamPaterson was the icing on the cake, the cream and jam we didn't have the past two terms.

Yet for the Brum game Martin somehow forgot Plan B. A worrying trait. Reverting to style and no substance, his flamboyant, unreal Plan A.

The Posh are there to be taken, smashed. A bottom 5 team with a bottom 2 goal deficit.
A top tier team like us with the pedigree we had up until the start of this season, should be comfortably winning this.

If Martin finds a way to make Plan B his Plan A, 3-0 to the Swans.

If he doesn't, squeaky rear ends.....

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Weds on 21:57 - Oct 27 with 4866 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Weds on 21:47 - Oct 27 by AndyCole

Back on topic....

This is a must win game for Martin to show the West Brom game wasn't a flash in the pan, orchestrated and delivered by the senior players.

It was clear for some that Grimesy, Bennett (and ofc Paterson) drove us forward in the 2nd half to take the game to them, in the way in which we did so often the past two terms. They drew upon the same drive and focus to find a way of winning, found that Edge and pushed on with Plan B to get the win. BergkamPaterson was the icing on the cake, the cream and jam we didn't have the past two terms.

Yet for the Brum game Martin somehow forgot Plan B. A worrying trait. Reverting to style and no substance, his flamboyant, unreal Plan A.

The Posh are there to be taken, smashed. A bottom 5 team with a bottom 2 goal deficit.
A top tier team like us with the pedigree we had up until the start of this season, should be comfortably winning this.

If Martin finds a way to make Plan B his Plan A, 3-0 to the Swans.

If he doesn't, squeaky rear ends.....

Swans win 1-0 then mate 😉

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Weds on 22:04 - Oct 27 with 4847 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Weds on 21:57 - Oct 27 by KeithHaynes

Swans win 1-0 then mate 😉

Hopefully, if he goes Plan O again ;-)

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Weds on 22:10 - Oct 27 with 4848 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Weds on 22:04 - Oct 27 by AndyCole

Hopefully, if he goes Plan O again ;-)

Now your talking amigo.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Weds on 10:04 - Oct 28 with 4719 viewsWhiterockin

Its not got going to be easy, but Peterborough at home we should be picking up points. A full week between matches and virtually no injury issues or suspensions, there really should be no excuses. Martin has had long enough to put his ideas across and get his squad fit and settled. I am going for a 2-0 win. A loss and questions should be asked IMO.
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED TUESDAY on 12:26 - Oct 28 with 4631 viewsjackal

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED TUESDAY on 21:16 - Oct 26 by KeithHaynes

He delivered spuds in the close season when he was professional. Still on the van delivering parcels 👍

When we owned a fish and chip shop in town we bought spuds from a local dealer.

Two brothers who delivered the spuds personally. Ivor and Len Allchurch. If Ivor was playing today he'd be on a fortune.
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED TUESDAY on 14:43 - Oct 28 with 4554 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED TUESDAY on 12:26 - Oct 28 by jackal

When we owned a fish and chip shop in town we bought spuds from a local dealer.

Two brothers who delivered the spuds personally. Ivor and Len Allchurch. If Ivor was playing today he'd be on a fortune.

It’s a world away mate.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED TUESDAY on 21:35 - Oct 28 with 4383 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED TUESDAY on 00:49 - Oct 27 by Treforys_Jack

Vetch - I worked with Gary for the last 20yrs or so and he is probably one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, great sense of humour as well.

I was matey with his nephew years ago. Andy.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED TUESDAY on 21:40 - Oct 28 with 4381 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED TUESDAY on 00:49 - Oct 27 by Treforys_Jack

Was he still a delivery postie then? When I finsished (over 10 years back) he was a manager in Swansea mail centre.
I liked Gary too, he was a decent bloke and a good laugh. Too nice to be a boss!

Swansea APC had a load of ex Swans. Dudley Lewis and Nigel Stevenson, Nigel Dalling, Nigel French, Herbie Williams, Gary Emmanuel...

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Weds on 08:33 - Oct 29 with 4268 viewsKeithHaynes

Darren Ferguson believes his Peterborough side can upset Swansea City 29th Oct 2021 08:31
Never short on confidence, and looking at Peterborough United’s form in the championship since promotion you can’t argue with their current manager believing they can take all the points from tomorrows game at the Swansea.Com stadium. 0

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Weds on 09:31 - Oct 29 with 4249 views34dfgdf54

Big Rog still on the grind, from a few of the lads who work with him, first in, in the morning and first back.

He's a top man.
Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED TUESDAY on 10:20 - Oct 29 with 4213 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED TUESDAY on 16:26 - Oct 26 by Catullus

English call us sheep sha&&ers but no word of a lie, I have never seen as many sheep as when I went to Peterborough, and Northampton. It'll be quite ironic if they call us this on Saturday!

Keith, I love Roger Freestone, another obe of those who always made time for you, always willing to have a chat and willing to take the mick too the cheeky so and so.

A bit like Leeds and Bradford's growth from small towns being centred on wool.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Weds on 10:27 - Oct 29 with 4188 viewsonehunglow

I seem to recall too many teams on a bad run or in a lowly position taking 3 point from us.

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Weds on 10:30 - Oct 29 with 4187 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Peterborough United : Matchday Thread 2021/22 UPDATED Weds on 10:27 - Oct 29 by onehunglow

I seem to recall too many teams on a bad run or in a lowly position taking 3 point from us.

They have won their last 2.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024