Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hate Campaign against Naughton 10:47 - Oct 26 with 3494 viewsonehunglow

I read DR WINston dragging a former username of mine up to suggest I have a hate campaign about this player.

Allow me to explode this myth right now in simple terms so even Dr Winston can grasp through that veil of hatred .

I think Naughton is a good pro and one who has been employed at our club for several years and has done ,overall,a decent job.
However ,he is no centre half and never will be.

His weaknesses are there for all to see and often he get away away with it,as he can play but NOT to the level that some suggest.

It's that simple.

Frankly,I get more irritated by good pros going under the radar as regards praise .Right now,Hamer is doing a sterling job YET he is never mentioned. He saved our win v West Brom for a start . Bennett another,a good pro but played out of position .

It really is about how one perceives matters .

No hate . Gottit

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 11:35 - Oct 26 with 2054 viewssw02sea

I’ll say it again, if RM persists with Naughton as the centre of a back 3, with Bennett & Manning either side of him, we will concede goals for fun.
And the only reason we didn’t concede against Scumdiff, was they missed an early sitter, when with all the goal to aim at, he chose to hit it straight at Hamer.
Plus they had a free header from 2 yds out, and ballooned it over the bar.
Basically, Hamer has saved us leaking goals, and needs more protection in front of him, not 2 short @rses.
Hate Campaign against Naughton on 11:46 - Oct 26 with 2040 viewsonehunglow

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 11:35 - Oct 26 by sw02sea

I’ll say it again, if RM persists with Naughton as the centre of a back 3, with Bennett & Manning either side of him, we will concede goals for fun.
And the only reason we didn’t concede against Scumdiff, was they missed an early sitter, when with all the goal to aim at, he chose to hit it straight at Hamer.
Plus they had a free header from 2 yds out, and ballooned it over the bar.
Basically, Hamer has saved us leaking goals, and needs more protection in front of him, not 2 short @rses.

which has been my point.
Naughton has been caught out by opponents so many times because of his lack of pace,strength and sometime basic guts.
He is a walking red card if anyone flies past him;possibly why Martin wont play him as a full back. It is easier for him not be caught out thus at CH.

To have a guy of his stature as CH is plain nuts almost as bad a having Manning as a last line defender. To people not understand the likes of Bowyer wont have impressed upon his forwards how easy we are to be bullied at CH. We have not sorted this out for several seasons,possibly since Ash ,a player we miss badly.

Bennett and Cabango are CHs and should play there.Always . Naughton if not deemed quick enough for a full back should be benched and not given another contract .That would be insane.

We have three tall players available to play as a back 3 but Martin plays 2 who are under 6 feet .

To criticise ,no matter if it is every day,a footballer at our club is not HATE. And right now,some need to wind their necks in and think on.

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 12:02 - Oct 26 with 2028 viewsvetchonian

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 11:46 - Oct 26 by onehunglow

which has been my point.
Naughton has been caught out by opponents so many times because of his lack of pace,strength and sometime basic guts.
He is a walking red card if anyone flies past him;possibly why Martin wont play him as a full back. It is easier for him not be caught out thus at CH.

To have a guy of his stature as CH is plain nuts almost as bad a having Manning as a last line defender. To people not understand the likes of Bowyer wont have impressed upon his forwards how easy we are to be bullied at CH. We have not sorted this out for several seasons,possibly since Ash ,a player we miss badly.

Bennett and Cabango are CHs and should play there.Always . Naughton if not deemed quick enough for a full back should be benched and not given another contract .That would be insane.

We have three tall players available to play as a back 3 but Martin plays 2 who are under 6 feet .

To criticise ,no matter if it is every day,a footballer at our club is not HATE. And right now,some need to wind their necks in and think on.

I think the issue is Martin wants a central player as a ball player.It is posted somewhere else that Naughtion is being used as the outlet.

I do not understand why we cannot set up with Bennet in the middle and Naughton on the right, when we want to pass the ball out from the keeper from a goal kick Naughtin can make himself available to receive that pass from right back or the right of the "central" 3...with a "recognised CB there for the usual duties.

There is much talk on the forum of supporters not being supportive by the "moaning" well I am "moaning" as I am getting fed up of seeing us throw points away.

I have watched football long enough to know we cannot win every game but also we should give ourselves a chance at least.

Much is being said of giving Martin time....how much time?

The "excuses" for Saturday include tiredness....dont start me on that one for pro sportspersons ....after our gruelling week. Brum had played West Brom in a derby game and then travelled to 6th place Huddersfiedl where they battled for a draw then had a 2 hr or so bus jpourney home.Whilst our players were probably tucked up in bed on Wednesday night the Brum playyers were only just getting back to St Andrews....so they had less rest than us!!!

Naughton is a tidy defender can play on the right and left and has shown he can play in a back 3 but to be playing in the centre is a no no...it now seems we are looking at Jay Fulton there based on yesterdays under 23 runout....I have always seen Jay as more of an attacking midfielder as did Potter and Cooper so again I question MArtin's wisdom.

I understand that Martin wants to play it ourt from the back but it doesnt mean Naughton needs to play in the centre to facilitiate this.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 13:02 - Oct 26 with 1971 viewsBadlands

By far the best central CB we have is Ben Cabango but he isn’t a CB/FB hybrid.
In a 3 at the back this season, where Martin seems to have reverted to a defence of the 1960s with two full backs and a centre half, we should be Naughton Cabango Bennet.
Ahead of them we have Downes who is showing promise.
But, no one in those wide CB positions will shine without hard working wing backs. Bidwell blows hot and cold on that score and Manning and Latibeaudier simply don’t bother defending.
Laird and Bidwell are the nearest we have to a competent wing backs.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 13:15 - Oct 26 with 1935 viewsDr_Winston

During and after almost every game there are invariably posts from you slagging Naughton off. Sometimes there's not even a game on and you do it. As much as you try and paint it as a result of him now playing at CB, you've been doing it for years, long before RM utilised him there.

No hate? You might be thick enough to genuinely believe that. Few others are. Hate makes up the percentage of your being that isn't already comprised of hypocrisy and paranoia.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 13:17]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 13:30 - Oct 26 with 1933 viewsonehunglow

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 12:02 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

I think the issue is Martin wants a central player as a ball player.It is posted somewhere else that Naughtion is being used as the outlet.

I do not understand why we cannot set up with Bennet in the middle and Naughton on the right, when we want to pass the ball out from the keeper from a goal kick Naughtin can make himself available to receive that pass from right back or the right of the "central" 3...with a "recognised CB there for the usual duties.

There is much talk on the forum of supporters not being supportive by the "moaning" well I am "moaning" as I am getting fed up of seeing us throw points away.

I have watched football long enough to know we cannot win every game but also we should give ourselves a chance at least.

The "excuses" for Saturday include tiredness....dont start me on that one for pro sportspersons ....after our gruelling week. Brum had played West Brom in a derby game and then travelled to 6th place Huddersfiedl where they battled for a draw then had a 2 hr or so bus jpourney home.Whilst our players were probably tucked up in bed on Wednesday night the Brum playyers were only just getting back to St Andrews....so they had less rest than us!!!

Naughton is a tidy defender can play on the right and left and has shown he can play in a back 3 but to be playing in the centre is a no no...it now seems we are looking at Jay Fulton there based on yesterdays under 23 runout....I have always seen Jay as more of an attacking midfielder as did Potter and Cooper so again I question MArtin's wisdom.

I understand that Martin wants to play it ourt from the back but it doesnt mean Naughton needs to play in the centre to facilitiate this.

Simply this.
Martin can think all he likes but if he doesn’t have the tools it is pointless . Should be obvious to all.

Pointless having a ch to just play the ball out when he is so obviously targeted for his weakness

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 13:32 - Oct 26 with 1931 viewsonehunglow

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 13:02 - Oct 26 by Badlands

By far the best central CB we have is Ben Cabango but he isn’t a CB/FB hybrid.
In a 3 at the back this season, where Martin seems to have reverted to a defence of the 1960s with two full backs and a centre half, we should be Naughton Cabango Bennet.
Ahead of them we have Downes who is showing promise.
But, no one in those wide CB positions will shine without hard working wing backs. Bidwell blows hot and cold on that score and Manning and Latibeaudier simply don’t bother defending.
Laird and Bidwell are the nearest we have to a competent wing backs.

Agree with that. Downes is fine bringing out a ball. We really do not need Naughton to do that . His place in the side is based on just that .To me ,madness ..

Not Hate ,Jamie ,not hate

Got it now

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 13:58 - Oct 26 with 1911 viewsvetchonian

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 13:32 - Oct 26 by onehunglow

Agree with that. Downes is fine bringing out a ball. We really do not need Naughton to do that . His place in the side is based on just that .To me ,madness ..

Not Hate ,Jamie ,not hate

Got it now

Ignore him OHL he is just a troll and a WUM...

Shows very little understandong of football......

Login to get fewer ads

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 14:13 - Oct 26 with 1894 viewsmonmouth

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 13:58 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

Fair play that gave me a good laugh. Thanks for that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 14:20 - Oct 26 with 1886 viewsCatullus

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 12:02 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

We played Cardiff Sunday, Brum played WBA Friday, they had 2 days more rest than us. £ games in 6 days is worse than 3 games in 8 days, I'm sure you'll agree?

I do agree about Naughton though, why can't he defend on the right but drop into the middle when Hamer is looking for an out ball? Surely they are bright enough to be able to swap places?

Martin has had 11 weeks, the great Alex Ferguson was given years, literally years. Good things may come to those who wait, or we could go for a short term fix and be moaning again in a few months.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 14:25 - Oct 26 with 1876 viewsonehunglow

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 14:13 - Oct 26 by monmouth

Fair play that gave me a good laugh. Thanks for that.

How's that Mike.Because he is a luminerie in your eyes?

Take a step back and reflect on his hatred ,quite naked,against Andy Robinson;Pot Kettle Black.

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 14:26 - Oct 26 with 1875 viewsonehunglow

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 14:20 - Oct 26 by Catullus

We played Cardiff Sunday, Brum played WBA Friday, they had 2 days more rest than us. £ games in 6 days is worse than 3 games in 8 days, I'm sure you'll agree?

I do agree about Naughton though, why can't he defend on the right but drop into the middle when Hamer is looking for an out ball? Surely they are bright enough to be able to swap places?

Martin has had 11 weeks, the great Alex Ferguson was given years, literally years. Good things may come to those who wait, or we could go for a short term fix and be moaning again in a few months.

You answered your own question there Cat.

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 15:24 - Oct 26 with 1843 viewsvetchonian

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 14:20 - Oct 26 by Catullus

I think the comparison to Alex Ferguson is a little misleading

I am repeating myself here Fergie arrived at Man U with a pedigree of winning things with Aberdeen including the European CUp Winners Cup and the EUFA SUper Cup.

To compare giving Martin time is not a similar analogy. Plus When Fergie arrived MAnu had been drifting we havent finsihed below 10th place in the champiosnhip since 2008/09 season.
What is Martins pedigree? best finisn 13th in league despite dominating the possesion stats which he is again this season without getting results

Yes sometimes it needs patience but unlike Fergie Martin has not arrived with a "history" of success and it can be argued that neither did Cooper but at least we were getting results ...

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 15:26 - Oct 26 with 1825 viewsDr_Winston

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 14:25 - Oct 26 by onehunglow

Take a step back and reflect on his hatred ,quite naked,against Andy Robinson;Pot Kettle Black.

It's quite telling that you chose to defend someone who was taking the piss out of our club by playing us against another one. Quite rightly I held him in contempt, as I did Martinez, and anyone else who tries the same thing.

But then, you do generally side with anyone against Swansea. Club and City. All whilst trying to paint yourself the wronged party. It would be pathetic if it wasn't so endlessly entertaining.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 17:04]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 15:26 - Oct 26 with 1839 viewsvetchonian

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 14:25 - Oct 26 by onehunglow

But like Monmouth Doc Winston shares a hatred of Cooper so eveything he says is fine...what did he call him now?

ThePonty Goblin....and he has thre caudacity to accuse others of hatred.

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 16:24 - Oct 26 with 1768 viewsDr_Winston

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 15:26 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

But like Monmouth Doc Winston shares a hatred of Cooper so eveything he says is fine...what did he call him now?

ThePonty Goblin....and he has thre caudacity to accuse others of hatred.

Yep.

I've even heard it being used at the stadium, so I am quite pleased with that one.

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 16:26 - Oct 26 with 1778 viewsKeithHaynes

That word ‘hate’ is getting a lot of outings.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 16:39 - Oct 26 with 1760 viewsCatullus

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 15:24 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

I think the comparison to Alex Ferguson is a little misleading

I am repeating myself here Fergie arrived at Man U with a pedigree of winning things with Aberdeen including the European CUp Winners Cup and the EUFA SUper Cup.

To compare giving Martin time is not a similar analogy. Plus When Fergie arrived MAnu had been drifting we havent finsihed below 10th place in the champiosnhip since 2008/09 season.
What is Martins pedigree? best finisn 13th in league despite dominating the possesion stats which he is again this season without getting results

Yes sometimes it needs patience but unlike Fergie Martin has not arrived with a "history" of success and it can be argued that neither did Cooper but at least we were getting results ...

Hang on now, you think a manager with no great record coming to a small club with not much money to spend should be doing something after 10/11 weeks but you didn't expect Fergie to do anything (despite his succes at Aberdeen) at Man Utd, a massive club with loads more money than we ever had?

Fergie was a great manager who took years to turn Manyoo around but you expect more of Martin? WOW, I am genuinely shocked. Maybe Martin will be Ollie Gunnars replacement?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 16:42 - Oct 26 with 1758 viewsvetchonian

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 16:26 - Oct 26 by KeithHaynes

That word ‘hate’ is getting a lot of outings.

It seems so Keith....I am just amazed how much "hatred" there seems to be generated.
We all have our opinions and as I keep saying we will allnot agree.....It amazes me how in the same game people around me all see what has gone on differently but for what ever reason on here of late and the other forum the "infighting "vbetween fans has risen beyond a clash of opinions .....

I know I come on quite often with strong arguements but I always try to speak with data rather than emotion.....I can never say I have ever truely hated a player or manager, disliked or not keen on thier playing style or approach to the game but I would never say I have hated them....
I disliked Bradley...Idid call him aclown towards the end purely beacuse he had no idea...he was a fish out of water....out of his depth....but whilst he was in charge I gave hom my support just as I do to Martin...Im not convinced of him as yet...purely based on his history and what he keeps saying and everyone will be judged on their results ultimately....But it does amaze me how "hatred" is abounding

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 16:42 - Oct 26 with 1758 viewsBoundy

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 16:39 - Oct 26 by Catullus

Hang on now, you think a manager with no great record coming to a small club with not much money to spend should be doing something after 10/11 weeks but you didn't expect Fergie to do anything (despite his succes at Aberdeen) at Man Utd, a massive club with loads more money than we ever had?

Fergie was a great manager who took years to turn Manyoo around but you expect more of Martin? WOW, I am genuinely shocked. Maybe Martin will be Ollie Gunnars replacement?

Once you've nailed your colours to the mast its sometimes difficult to find a claw hammer

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 16:58 - Oct 26 with 1741 viewsonehunglow

Hate is a moot word.

I normally define my hatred as something people do or think.

Hate is a word I deliberately picked out from Winston and to prove it is misused

All opinions it was said are welcome.

Remember that people

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 17:22 - Oct 26 with 1714 viewsvetchonian

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 16:42 - Oct 26 by Boundy

Once you've nailed your colours to the mast its sometimes difficult to find a claw hammer

Leyt me answer you both

Firstly last season we finished 4th in the table...during the summer we spend the most amount of money on bringing in new players for several seasons

Comparing our situation with that of the Man U one with MArtin and Fergie are chalk and cheese. plus Fergie had a pedigree what pedigree does Martin bring?

You can look at interviews he gave whilst at MKDons and he was saying the same things...aftter 3 transfer windows and i and 3/4 season in charge his team was dominating possession yet not really winning lots of games.

He already has us top of the possesion stats league yet our results do not reflect that or our league standing.

I rememebr the fans getting on Potter back when results were not going well

I question what more time does he want especially when he plays Naughtin at CB yo and I agree Cat there could be a different set up and still get the outcome yet MArtin seems very stubborn in hois approach.

Man U appointed Fergie as hed got European success dont forget under Atkinson the season prior to Fergies appointment they finsihed 4th in Div 1 and had wont the FA cup the season before...excluded from Europe due to the ban as a result of fan trouble at Heysel..but winning the league eluded them
After several years of dismissing managers who failed to win them that league title they took an approach to stick with Fergie but there was fan unrest.......it was the clubs hierarchy who stuck with him.

Its my opinion to compare the two situations are chalk and cheese, why does Martin need time? How much time?....

My concern is Martin has away he wants to play no matter what ....he will try to do that even if he hasnt the resources ...Godd managers in all walks of life will make a transisiton by best utilising what they have to get the best reuslts until they can succesfully implenmt the change in approach they want. I have seen it hapen in the owrkplace new managers arrive with a "toolbox" and overnight try to change how things are done without having the right skills or personnel in place leading to disaster ...

We are already a quarter of the way through the seasos we have won only 4 out 14 ganes = 28.5% win ratio....apart from th eLuton game if we draw it has tended to be a nil nil despite us agian dominating possesion....which seems to be our managers aim...my aim is to win games from what I have seen to date I am not convinced this manager will deliver.....but thats my opinion and I am not a football manager just a fan with many years of watching maunly us but also football in general....

Fergusin was given time to win things not get the club out of the bottom reaches of the division which is wehre we find ourselves for th e first time in 3 seasons!!!

If Martin had come to us with a pedigree demonstrating success it may be different but that is not so....we appointed a rookie oin Martinez yet he was getting wins..as well as entertaining...Cooper too got results though opinions differ on his style of football and Potter too managed to get things sorted...

I dont understand this "give him time " mantra.....how much time is time?....based on our performance to date we might finish on 56 points the lowest points since relegation....based on the last 3 seasons efforts Im not happy with that...but then thats me....

[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 17:24]

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 18:02 - Oct 26 with 1689 viewsraynor94

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 13:58 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

Top contender for ironic post of the year

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 18:02 - Oct 26 with 1673 viewslifelong

You know nothing about the game…got it? Plus the Dr is one of the best football pundits on this site.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 18:05]
Hate Campaign against Naughton on 18:23 - Oct 26 with 1657 viewsonehunglow

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 18:02 - Oct 26 by raynor94

Top contender for ironic post of the year

No,it could be the most peespective.
It's looking at you Ray.

Here comes Rog...

Scripted and stupid

Proves my point

Move on

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising