Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hate Campaign against Naughton 10:47 - Oct 26 with 3503 viewsonehunglow

I read DR WINston dragging a former username of mine up to suggest I have a hate campaign about this player.

Allow me to explode this myth right now in simple terms so even Dr Winston can grasp through that veil of hatred .

I think Naughton is a good pro and one who has been employed at our club for several years and has done ,overall,a decent job.
However ,he is no centre half and never will be.

His weaknesses are there for all to see and often he get away away with it,as he can play but NOT to the level that some suggest.

It's that simple.

Frankly,I get more irritated by good pros going under the radar as regards praise .Right now,Hamer is doing a sterling job YET he is never mentioned. He saved our win v West Brom for a start . Bennett another,a good pro but played out of position .

It really is about how one perceives matters .

No hate . Gottit

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 18:43 - Oct 26 with 748 viewsmax936

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 17:22 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

Leyt me answer you both

Firstly last season we finished 4th in the table...during the summer we spend the most amount of money on bringing in new players for several seasons

Comparing our situation with that of the Man U one with MArtin and Fergie are chalk and cheese. plus Fergie had a pedigree what pedigree does Martin bring?

You can look at interviews he gave whilst at MKDons and he was saying the same things...aftter 3 transfer windows and i and 3/4 season in charge his team was dominating possession yet not really winning lots of games.

He already has us top of the possesion stats league yet our results do not reflect that or our league standing.

I rememebr the fans getting on Potter back when results were not going well

I question what more time does he want especially when he plays Naughtin at CB yo and I agree Cat there could be a different set up and still get the outcome yet MArtin seems very stubborn in hois approach.

Man U appointed Fergie as hed got European success dont forget under Atkinson the season prior to Fergies appointment they finsihed 4th in Div 1 and had wont the FA cup the season before...excluded from Europe due to the ban as a result of fan trouble at Heysel..but winning the league eluded them
After several years of dismissing managers who failed to win them that league title they took an approach to stick with Fergie but there was fan unrest.......it was the clubs hierarchy who stuck with him.

Its my opinion to compare the two situations are chalk and cheese, why does Martin need time? How much time?....

My concern is Martin has away he wants to play no matter what ....he will try to do that even if he hasnt the resources ...Godd managers in all walks of life will make a transisiton by best utilising what they have to get the best reuslts until they can succesfully implenmt the change in approach they want. I have seen it hapen in the owrkplace new managers arrive with a "toolbox" and overnight try to change how things are done without having the right skills or personnel in place leading to disaster ...

We are already a quarter of the way through the seasos we have won only 4 out 14 ganes = 28.5% win ratio....apart from th eLuton game if we draw it has tended to be a nil nil despite us agian dominating possesion....which seems to be our managers aim...my aim is to win games from what I have seen to date I am not convinced this manager will deliver.....but thats my opinion and I am not a football manager just a fan with many years of watching maunly us but also football in general....

Fergusin was given time to win things not get the club out of the bottom reaches of the division which is wehre we find ourselves for th e first time in 3 seasons!!!

If Martin had come to us with a pedigree demonstrating success it may be different but that is not so....we appointed a rookie oin Martinez yet he was getting wins..as well as entertaining...Cooper too got results though opinions differ on his style of football and Potter too managed to get things sorted...

I dont understand this "give him time " mantra.....how much time is time?....based on our performance to date we might finish on 56 points the lowest points since relegation....based on the last 3 seasons efforts Im not happy with that...but then thats me....

[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 17:24]

We've won 2 out of the last 3 games, we beat a poor Blueturd outfit and beat a very good WBA team, we lost to Birmingham, ok it was disappointing, but a little perspective is due, we are Swansea City not Manchester City.
I think people are getting their knickers in a twist every time we get a poor result, the football is much better to watch and its a work in progress, give it time and lets see where we are Christmas time before we chuck the baby out with the bath water.

Just my humble OPINION not Facts.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 18:54 - Oct 26 with 724 viewslifelong

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 18:23 - Oct 26 by onehunglow

No,it could be the most peespective.
It's looking at you Ray.

Here comes Rog...

Scripted and stupid

Proves my point

Move on

There is nobody more stupid than you.

You suggested last week that Bennett and Cabango had been selected as full backs in a back 3
Hate Campaign against Naughton on 18:55 - Oct 26 with 733 viewsonehunglow

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 18:43 - Oct 26 by max936

We've won 2 out of the last 3 games, we beat a poor Blueturd outfit and beat a very good WBA team, we lost to Birmingham, ok it was disappointing, but a little perspective is due, we are Swansea City not Manchester City.
I think people are getting their knickers in a twist every time we get a poor result, the football is much better to watch and its a work in progress, give it time and lets see where we are Christmas time before we chuck the baby out with the bath water.

All opinions welcomed on this site.

Why do some aim barbs at former usernames.

Any ideas as it would help this site avoid distractions .

As I say,NO HATE to Naughton or anyone else in the club

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 19:24 - Oct 26 with 708 viewsTreforys_Jack

Indeed max, definitely people getting panties in a bunch trying desperately to convince each other with facts, stats, historical data going back over several managers. I and the people I go to the games with are enjoying the football more than I have done for a while, not sure how much that has to do with empty grounds and covid. It is however a fact, that is all that matters to me. Other opinions available just not relevant to me.
Hate Campaign against Naughton on 19:25 - Oct 26 with 708 viewsmonmouth

Quite a few facts in there Max.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 19:49 - Oct 26 with 692 viewsonehunglow

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 19:24 - Oct 26 by Treforys_Jack

Indeed max, definitely people getting panties in a bunch trying desperately to convince each other with facts, stats, historical data going back over several managers. I and the people I go to the games with are enjoying the football more than I have done for a while, not sure how much that has to do with empty grounds and covid. It is however a fact, that is all that matters to me. Other opinions available just not relevant to me.

Wrong.
Again.
Only the broken hearted lonely hearts post a you suggest.

Personally,I have never tried to introduce anything of the kind.

If people disagree with me that is fine but nobody is going to defame or insult me without getting a storm of effluence back .

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 20:14 - Oct 26 with 670 viewsvetchonian

we are all entitled to opinions..
"getting knickers in a twist " perhaps I am only because I hear we are tired...as I keep saying I dont buy into this for pro sports persons..example both is and Brum had 66.5 hours rest from the end of two 0.75 hours of exertion with a 0.25 hour break in between...and no one was constantly on the go during g those 0.75 hours....
how many people have physical jobs where they are on the go for 8 hours or more with just a 0.5 hour break and then maybe just a 12 hour rest between the human body can cope.
I dont understand the excuses we knew our schedule so where was our plan to compensate...yes Brum played Friday but I expect they were training Sunday and Monday whilst we rested Monday...Brum travelled on Wednesday whikst we were at home....I cant be doing with excuses and the fact we seem to be happy to accept them .
who has said anything about sackingMartkn ie chucking the baby out with the bathwater?
All I have done is question how long and why ...
the evidence points to the fact that time will not change things given Nartins past so why are people putting blind faith into that.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 20:18 - Oct 26 with 661 viewsonehunglow

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 20:14 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

"getting knickers in a twist " perhaps I am only because I hear we are tired...as I keep saying I dont buy into this for pro sports persons..example both is and Brum had 66.5 hours rest from the end of two 0.75 hours of exertion with a 0.25 hour break in between...and no one was constantly on the go during g those 0.75 hours....
how many people have physical jobs where they are on the go for 8 hours or more with just a 0.5 hour break and then maybe just a 12 hour rest between the human body can cope.
I dont understand the excuses we knew our schedule so where was our plan to compensate...yes Brum played Friday but I expect they were training Sunday and Monday whilst we rested Monday...Brum travelled on Wednesday whikst we were at home....I cant be doing with excuses and the fact we seem to be happy to accept them .
who has said anything about sackingMartkn ie chucking the baby out with the bathwater?
the evidence points to the fact that time will not change things given Nartins past so why are people putting blind faith into that.

Apparently we beat WBA as we were "fitter" and they tired.
Now ,we seem to have failed at Brum because we weren't fit enough.
Tired?
At least it makes a change.

Why not play the likes of Whittaker who never plays long enough to break sweat. Same applies to Walsh.We are talking well paid professionals here.

Fellas used to work down a pit not that long ago on night and then have their back washed and go out playing Rugby.

Login to get fewer ads

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 20:19 - Oct 26 with 658 viewsBoundy

and because of his "past" you seem to have made your mind up , very quickly

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 20:23 - Oct 26 with 654 viewsonehunglow

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 20:19 - Oct 26 by Boundy

And to counter that,Martin has been with us how long?Enough to have unquestioned support and love.

When he leaves,hearts will be broken. He will leave and it's all about when. If he does well with us this season,he will be gone of that I have little doubt .

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 20:33 - Oct 26 with 647 viewstheloneranger

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 11:46 - Oct 26 by onehunglow

which has been my point.
Naughton has been caught out by opponents so many times because of his lack of pace,strength and sometime basic guts.
He is a walking red card if anyone flies past him;possibly why Martin wont play him as a full back. It is easier for him not be caught out thus at CH.

To have a guy of his stature as CH is plain nuts almost as bad a having Manning as a last line defender. To people not understand the likes of Bowyer wont have impressed upon his forwards how easy we are to be bullied at CH. We have not sorted this out for several seasons,possibly since Ash ,a player we miss badly.

Bennett and Cabango are CHs and should play there.Always . Naughton if not deemed quick enough for a full back should be benched and not given another contract .That would be insane.

We have three tall players available to play as a back 3 but Martin plays 2 who are under 6 feet .

To criticise ,no matter if it is every day,a footballer at our club is not HATE. And right now,some need to wind their necks in and think on.

... "He is a walking red card if anyone flies past" ...

2 red cards in the last 6 seasons, says he's not!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 20:45 - Oct 26 with 638 viewsvetchonian

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 20:19 - Oct 26 by Boundy

because much of what he is saying here he said at MKDons ...his actions are similar....he was there for 1 and 3/4 seasons...had 3 transfer windows yet his best finish was 13th....check out their fans forums...they talk of the ball forever going backwards or sideways...last Sunday when 3 -0 up we passed the ball back to Hamer from halfway inside the Cardiff half...

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 21:17 - Oct 26 with 615 viewsBoundy

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 20:45 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

because much of what he is saying here he said at MKDons ...his actions are similar....he was there for 1 and 3/4 seasons...had 3 transfer windows yet his best finish was 13th....check out their fans forums...they talk of the ball forever going backwards or sideways...last Sunday when 3 -0 up we passed the ball back to Hamer from halfway inside the Cardiff half...

Sorry but I'm more concerned with the here and now, players , coaches , manager's learn its a process throughout all spheres of life . how long did it take our previous incumbent learn that you can use substitutions during a game , quite a few I recall

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 21:18 - Oct 26 with 614 viewsmax936

I've no blind faith in Martin never heard of him before he was touted to come here, that may take some believing, but its the truth, he's here now and has only been here for 5 minutes, the football looks better results up and down, but I'm not ready to chuck the towel in, like I said, lets see where we are come Christmas and go from there.

No one and I mean no one, has any influence or say in how things are done at the Football club all we can write is our opinions on matters, if things come together we'll all [well maybe not all] be happy, if they turn the other way, there'll be enough voices at the games to maybe force any changes, far to early now far to early. 2 wins out of the last 3 games, suggests things ain't to bad at the moment, at least.

Cooper's gone the Kings Dead, long live the King and all that baloney

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 21:32 - Oct 26 with 606 viewsvetchonian

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 21:18 - Oct 26 by max936

I've no blind faith in Martin never heard of him before he was touted to come here, that may take some believing, but its the truth, he's here now and has only been here for 5 minutes, the football looks better results up and down, but I'm not ready to chuck the towel in, like I said, lets see where we are come Christmas and go from there.

No one and I mean no one, has any influence or say in how things are done at the Football club all we can write is our opinions on matters, if things come together we'll all [well maybe not all] be happy, if they turn the other way, there'll be enough voices at the games to maybe force any changes, far to early now far to early. 2 wins out of the last 3 games, suggests things ain't to bad at the moment, at least.

Cooper's gone the Kings Dead, long live the King and all that baloney

and now we get to the root...
Despite my past defence if Cooper this is nothing to do with him....he has gone....I too am concerned with the here and now...
so far...we have won only 4 games
drawn 5 scoring only in one of those games with 3 no score draws at home and losing 5 yet in all those games achieved the managers aim " to dominate " possession...yet the opposition have mainly managed to score more than us...

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 21:56 - Oct 26 with 589 viewsmax936

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 21:32 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

and now we get to the root...
Despite my past defence if Cooper this is nothing to do with him....he has gone....I too am concerned with the here and now...
so far...we have won only 4 games
drawn 5 scoring only in one of those games with 3 no score draws at home and losing 5 yet in all those games achieved the managers aim " to dominate " possession...yet the opposition have mainly managed to score more than us...

There's no root....... at all mun, Coops gets mentioned by posters not you in particular its whenever there's a down turn in results, posters can compare all they like, its not gonna change the present, looking forward is all we got, the past is gone,
not saying we should forget the past, but football is forever changing, we've seen that here at SCFC however many times.

It was around 48yrs or so ago, I first took a real interest in my home town Club, Harry Gregg was then manager, then Harry Griff took over, stood on the North Bank, the old east terrace, the stand underneath the new east stand and upper stand of the east, when my eldest started to take an interest, centre stand the west terrace, don't think I ever went in the west upper.

Like us all the Swans are in my DNA that'll never change, ain't been back down yet, not with this poxy Vaccine around, but the situation has to get better at some point.

Anyway, its over and out for me on this thread now,
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 21:57]

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 22:10 - Oct 26 with 580 viewsswancity

Approaching 33 now Naughton has enjoyed a very good career, playing in almost 400 league games. And almost all of them in the Championship or Premier League. That’s some career and when he finishes he can rightly look back on it with immense pride.

He’s always been a steady and reliable performer in his six seasons with us.

Reading some of the shyte posted by someone who’s not fit to do up Naughtons laces is laughable and cringeworthy.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 23:08 - Oct 26 with 538 viewsKilkennyjack

Kyle has played great this season.

He is a class act.

Beware of the Risen People

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 08:52 - Oct 27 with 453 viewsMinesapint

That is pretty tasteless. Cruel. Not funny.

All of the above.

Why cant folk disagree without personal remarks?

Hard to believe that we all support the same club sometimes.

It baffles me.
Hate Campaign against Naughton on 10:32 - Oct 27 with 405 viewsKeithHaynes

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 08:52 - Oct 27 by Minesapint

All of the above.

It baffles me.

The post and one or two others have been removed.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 10:35 - Oct 27 with 400 viewsonehunglow

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 08:52 - Oct 27 by Minesapint

All of the above.

It baffles me.

Its easy.
Let me explain
Perch was my old username.It was hated by a moderator and luminery on the previous site. He has a band of brothers that still come on here to pot all the hate they can.Im told hate speech is banned as is swearing but clearly it's in full flow.
Very recently you ll have seen the term padded cell used on there,mentally ill to describe me. And they love it. It's encouraged. Draw your won conclusions. It is pure gang culture from inadequate ,insecure ,bitter people.

Nobody has ever said owt to my face ,nor would they.

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 10:36 - Oct 27 with 396 viewsKeithHaynes

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 18:23 - Oct 26 by onehunglow

No,it could be the most peespective.
It's looking at you Ray.

Here comes Rog...

Scripted and stupid

Proves my point

Move on

I see you are looking for examples of incivility. I removed your thread asking the question.

Here’s one, for no reason, calling people stupid.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 10:42 - Oct 27 with 390 viewsonehunglow

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 10:36 - Oct 27 by KeithHaynes

I see you are looking for examples of incivility. I removed your thread asking the question.

Here’s one, for no reason, calling people stupid.

This post has been edited by an administrator

DM on its way

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 11:04 - Oct 27 with 377 viewsNotLoyal

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 10:42 - Oct 27 by onehunglow

DM on its way

Don’t hassle him OHL.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 13:56 - Oct 27 with 318 viewsCatullus

Hate Campaign against Naughton on 17:22 - Oct 26 by vetchonian

Leyt me answer you both

Firstly last season we finished 4th in the table...during the summer we spend the most amount of money on bringing in new players for several seasons

Comparing our situation with that of the Man U one with MArtin and Fergie are chalk and cheese. plus Fergie had a pedigree what pedigree does Martin bring?

You can look at interviews he gave whilst at MKDons and he was saying the same things...aftter 3 transfer windows and i and 3/4 season in charge his team was dominating possession yet not really winning lots of games.

He already has us top of the possesion stats league yet our results do not reflect that or our league standing.

I rememebr the fans getting on Potter back when results were not going well

I question what more time does he want especially when he plays Naughtin at CB yo and I agree Cat there could be a different set up and still get the outcome yet MArtin seems very stubborn in hois approach.

Man U appointed Fergie as hed got European success dont forget under Atkinson the season prior to Fergies appointment they finsihed 4th in Div 1 and had wont the FA cup the season before...excluded from Europe due to the ban as a result of fan trouble at Heysel..but winning the league eluded them
After several years of dismissing managers who failed to win them that league title they took an approach to stick with Fergie but there was fan unrest.......it was the clubs hierarchy who stuck with him.

Its my opinion to compare the two situations are chalk and cheese, why does Martin need time? How much time?....

My concern is Martin has away he wants to play no matter what ....he will try to do that even if he hasnt the resources ...Godd managers in all walks of life will make a transisiton by best utilising what they have to get the best reuslts until they can succesfully implenmt the change in approach they want. I have seen it hapen in the owrkplace new managers arrive with a "toolbox" and overnight try to change how things are done without having the right skills or personnel in place leading to disaster ...

We are already a quarter of the way through the seasos we have won only 4 out 14 ganes = 28.5% win ratio....apart from th eLuton game if we draw it has tended to be a nil nil despite us agian dominating possesion....which seems to be our managers aim...my aim is to win games from what I have seen to date I am not convinced this manager will deliver.....but thats my opinion and I am not a football manager just a fan with many years of watching maunly us but also football in general....

Fergusin was given time to win things not get the club out of the bottom reaches of the division which is wehre we find ourselves for th e first time in 3 seasons!!!

If Martin had come to us with a pedigree demonstrating success it may be different but that is not so....we appointed a rookie oin Martinez yet he was getting wins..as well as entertaining...Cooper too got results though opinions differ on his style of football and Potter too managed to get things sorted...

I dont understand this "give him time " mantra.....how much time is time?....based on our performance to date we might finish on 56 points the lowest points since relegation....based on the last 3 seasons efforts Im not happy with that...but then thats me....

[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 17:24]

The things you have said just highlight why Martin deserves more time though.

Fergie had pedigree and he went to a big club, that big club gave him years to get it right, they didn't expect instant success despite Fergie's 'pedigree'

Martin comes to Swansea, a club with no great financial clout, a club heavily into transition with 9 new players and having lost our best player from last season, Martin himself has no great pedigree (YET) but you don't think he deserves more time?

It's a theme in modern football, managers don't get time but we are trying to buck that trend. We are trying to give Martin time to get it right but some people don't like that.

Isn't it a bit premature to judge our league position? Shouldn't we be waiting til seasons end to see what Martin can achieve? If not the end how about the January window? Bearing in mind we are only 7 points off 4th place, it's hardly an insurmountable task.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024