Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worse year of your life 10:39 - Oct 27 with 410 viewsonehunglow

anyone brave enough?

I ll start with 1975

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Worse year of your life on 11:19 - Oct 27 with 385 viewsRonaldStump

Apparently 2024 is going to be a monster of a year for of all of us that get there

(He She Him)

Worse year of your life on 11:26 - Oct 27 with 378 viewsonehunglow

Worse year of your life on 11:19 - Oct 27 by RonaldStump

Apparently 2024 is going to be a monster of a year for of all of us that get there

Any bad ones before Ron.
Maybe we could have a pleasant exchange and leave aside vax opinions

Off ya go.

Worse year of your life on 11:36 - Oct 27 with 358 viewsRonaldStump

Worse year of your life on 11:26 - Oct 27 by onehunglow

Any bad ones before Ron.
Maybe we could have a pleasant exchange and leave aside vax opinions

Off ya go.

Aside from deaths in the family, I can't say i've had a bad year.
I think i'm a positive person in the main so really don't let too much get to me.

(He She Him)

Worse year of your life on 11:47 - Oct 27 with 354 viewsonehunglow

Worse year of your life on 11:36 - Oct 27 by RonaldStump

Aside from deaths in the family, I can't say i've had a bad year.
I think i'm a positive person in the main so really don't let too much get to me.

Thanks for reply. People very averse to admitting bad times in their lives and it s not healthy .

75 saw me lose my little business, finally admit my marriage a sham and then seriously think about leaving Swansea ,which I loved.
76 was little better although hot and dry and full of ladybirds

77-79 basically blanked my from memory and then Punk music evolved into Post punk.

All changed in late 79 when came across my wife and best chum

Worse year of your life on 11:54 - Oct 27 with 349 viewsRonaldStump

Worse year of your life on 11:47 - Oct 27 by onehunglow

Thanks for reply. People very averse to admitting bad times in their lives and it s not healthy .

75 saw me lose my little business, finally admit my marriage a sham and then seriously think about leaving Swansea ,which I loved.
76 was little better although hot and dry and full of ladybirds

77-79 basically blanked my from memory and then Punk music evolved into Post punk.

All changed in late 79 when came across my wife and best chum

Nice story, as they say all's well that ends well. Always good to hear.

I've had plenty of bad times in my life more than i care to remember, drugs alcohol, fighting albeit i'm not a violent person in any way shape or form. A lot of it was part of growing up in Swansea i suppose. I have no problem sharing my vulnerability, I just don't think i can attribute a whole year to any of the bad times.

(He She Him)

Worse year of your life on 12:38 - Oct 27 with 334 viewsonehunglow

Worse year of your life on 11:54 - Oct 27 by RonaldStump

Nice story, as they say all's well that ends well. Always good to hear.

I've had plenty of bad times in my life more than i care to remember, drugs alcohol, fighting albeit i'm not a violent person in any way shape or form. A lot of it was part of growing up in Swansea i suppose. I have no problem sharing my vulnerability, I just don't think i can attribute a whole year to any of the bad times.

Yeah,that's a cool observation.
As you get older ,there is a tendency to reflect on you life and at the end of the day if we can look at the man in the glass and be comfortable then it's been ok.
I had a mixed upbringing ,as they say.Comfortable but troubled in many ways mainly due to religious zealot father and sadly those former years stay with you.

It is good to try to assuage all that early angst but it still seeps into one' s head in those quiet moments alone when we have to live with what faces us in the mirror.

My life was basically saved when I moved away from Swansea.Bitter sweet doesnt begin to describe it . I was homesick for many years and planned to retire there.

Worse year of your life on 12:45 - Oct 27 with 325 viewsRonaldStump

Worse year of your life on 12:38 - Oct 27 by onehunglow

Yeah,that's a cool observation.
As you get older ,there is a tendency to reflect on you life and at the end of the day if we can look at the man in the glass and be comfortable then it's been ok.
I had a mixed upbringing ,as they say.Comfortable but troubled in many ways mainly due to religious zealot father and sadly those former years stay with you.

It is good to try to assuage all that early angst but it still seeps into one' s head in those quiet moments alone when we have to live with what faces us in the mirror.

My life was basically saved when I moved away from Swansea.Bitter sweet doesnt begin to describe it . I was homesick for many years and planned to retire there.

It's funny you should say that. I know many people who have been in a world of sh1t whilst living in Swansea, completely off the rails and on a downward spiral. Move away be it across the border or overseas and their life changes dramatically for the better.. Certainly warms the cockles to see mates and people you once knew as absolute nutters turning things around and living happily ever after.

(He She Him)

Worse year of your life on 13:09 - Oct 27 with 316 viewsonehunglow

Worse year of your life on 12:45 - Oct 27 by RonaldStump

It's funny you should say that. I know many people who have been in a world of sh1t whilst living in Swansea, completely off the rails and on a downward spiral. Move away be it across the border or overseas and their life changes dramatically for the better.. Certainly warms the cockles to see mates and people you once knew as absolute nutters turning things around and living happily ever after.

I still have the place as part of my soul though but where I live has been very good to me and I feel lucky to have been accepted by thee people.

Login to get fewer ads

Worse year of your life on 18:36 - Oct 27 with 262 viewsonehunglow

Ron and I see thing very different as regards covid but we had a decent exchange.

GET IT !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024