Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? 13:00 - Oct 27 with 1290 viewsSwansIndependent

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? 27th Oct 2021 13:00
It was only back in January of this year that at Steve Cooper’s insistence Jay Fulton signed a new Swansea City contract. At the time Cooper was riding high with the swans and Jay Fulton was seemingly one of the main reasons for the swans success to date. Jay signed his contract keeping him at Swansea until 2024. That could now backfire on Cooper. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 13:07 - Oct 27 with 1098 viewsonehunglow

Jay has been a loyal ,non whinging emplyee of our club.
A steady lad with some guts,sadly dumped by Martin,it seems.

Think I 'll leave it there.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 13:34 - Oct 27 with 1068 viewsCatullus

Sadly dumped? Other posters have said we don't have the players to play Martins' way well the sad truth there is, if Fulton isn't up to it, he won't play. And he hasn't been playing. It's nothing different to what any manager would do.

In which case the best thing all around is if Fulton leaves, definitely best for the man himself. If Cooper wants him it's a win/win.

I agree though, Fulton has been a credit to the club, no moaning, no trouble, just a hard working pro.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 13:46 - Oct 27 with 1050 viewsonehunglow

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 13:34 - Oct 27 by Catullus

Sadly dumped? Other posters have said we don't have the players to play Martins' way well the sad truth there is, if Fulton isn't up to it, he won't play. And he hasn't been playing. It's nothing different to what any manager would do.

In which case the best thing all around is if Fulton leaves, definitely best for the man himself. If Cooper wants him it's a win/win.

I agree though, Fulton has been a credit to the club, no moaning, no trouble, just a hard working pro.

Yes,sadly dumped.
I don't believe he has had a fair run under martin but that is my opinion.

Fulton isnt alone either

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 13:53 - Oct 27 with 1049 viewsBadlands

He's out of favour here so it’s in his own interests to move on.
At 27 he has got a few good years ahead of him and will suit some styles.
As has been said, a loyal servant and good asset to Swansea City.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 14:03 - Oct 27 with 1038 viewsraynor94

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 13:07 - Oct 27 by onehunglow

Jay has been a loyal ,non whinging emplyee of our club.
A steady lad with some guts,sadly dumped by Martin,it seems.

Think I 'll leave it there.

You have a downer on Martin full stop, Whittaker, Garrick and now Fulton.

Dumped has become your favourite word, no matter what he does you find fault with.

The buck stops with him, he's clearing the decks for new arrivals, try giving him a chance

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 14:06 - Oct 27 with 1022 viewsonehunglow

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 14:03 - Oct 27 by raynor94

You have a downer on Martin full stop, Whittaker, Garrick and now Fulton.

Dumped has become your favourite word, no matter what he does you find fault with.

The buck stops with him, he's clearing the decks for new arrivals, try giving him a chance

Hello.
Dumped eh.
That is the key word then that gets your juices going. Bit odd.

is this where we now have an exchange without personal definitions. I have no idea as to what you are about and neither you of me.

If you don't like dumped ,how about jettisoned. Less of a toilet reference anyway.

So no criticism of Martin then. There ya go. The real truth of how this site is ,sadly. No tolerance of opinions .

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 14:41 - Oct 27 with 996 viewsDr_Winston

Funny how people seem to think that Martin can be criticised repeatedly but they themselves should be exempt.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 15:00 - Oct 27 with 972 viewsCatullus

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 14:06 - Oct 27 by onehunglow

Hello.
Dumped eh.

is this where we now have an exchange without personal definitions. I have no idea as to what you are about and neither you of me.

If you don't like dumped ,how about jettisoned. Less of a toilet reference anyway.

So no criticism of Martin then. There ya go. The real truth of how this site is ,sadly. No tolerance of opinions .

Maybe we could just settle for saying any players that don't fit into what Martin wants will be allowed to leave, sold or moved on. Which AGAIN, is exactly what every manager does.

Earlier on in the season certain posters were moaning that we didn't have the players to play Martins style, if we accept that is true then we have to accept players being moved out, even if we like those players.

As long asMartin is being honest with those players, I don't se a problem.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 15:00 - Oct 27 with 975 viewsKeithHaynes

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 13:46 - Oct 27 by onehunglow

Yes,sadly dumped.
I don't believe he has had a fair run under martin but that is my opinion.

Fulton isnt alone either

Best not to pick the players who failed us last season, Whittaker at times, Cullen, Fulton, could be another angle.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 15:06 - Oct 27 with 957 viewsDr_Winston

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 15:00 - Oct 27 by KeithHaynes

Best not to pick the players who failed us last season, Whittaker at times, Cullen, Fulton, could be another angle.

Don't think Whittaker was given enough of a chance to fail us tbh.

I like Fulton. Think he's underappreciated and always has been, but it's fairly pointless asking Martin to build us a whole new team and way of playing whilst also decrying who he moves on.

The proof will be in the pudding, but that will be some way down the line, not immediately as the whingers would like.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 15:18 - Oct 27 with 944 viewsjasper_T

He did turn a corner last season but he was never under appreciated. Always had his supporters who overlooked his lack of involvement in games and inability to stay with runners because he'd pop up with the occasional big lunging tackle. When a new manager would come in he'd find his way to the front of the queue because he's such a good training ground player, but would fall down the pecking order on matchday performances.

If we can get his contract off the books we should be happy to do so. Seven midfielders competing for two positions at the moment. Overloaded even with a couple playing as square pegs further forward.
Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 15:21 - Oct 27 with 941 viewsraynor94

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 14:06 - Oct 27 by onehunglow

Hello.
Dumped eh.

You are insinuating they have been dealt with poorly, hence your use of dumped.

I'd prefer they have been told they are not suitable and are being given the chance to move on.

Isn't that what all managers do at their new club?

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 16:20 - Oct 27 with 873 viewspencoedjack

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 13:34 - Oct 27 by Catullus

Out of interest who would you drop to play Fulton

Grimes
Downes
Ntcham
Corey Smith
Paterson

Or forget about

Liam Walsh
Dan Williams

Fulton is a decent pro & has been a credit to the club but football moves on.
Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 16:22 - Oct 27 with 867 viewsbuilthjack

I would take a million.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 16:23 - Oct 27 with 855 viewsonehunglow

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 15:21 - Oct 27 by raynor94

You are insinuating they have been dealt with poorly, hence your use of dumped.

I'd prefer they have been told they are not suitable and are being given the chance to move on.

Isn't that what all managers do at their new club?

Insinuating .Now there's a provocative word. One with connotations of all the wrong kind.

No,dumped is fine.

We ve all been dumped at some time Ray

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 16:52 - Oct 27 with 841 viewsTreforys_Jack

Good luck to the lad, but definitely surplus to requirements, will do a good job for someone.
Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 17:04 - Oct 27 with 831 viewsraynor94

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 16:23 - Oct 27 by onehunglow

Insinuating .Now there's a provocative word. One with connotations of all the wrong kind.

No,dumped is fine.

We ve all been dumped at some time Ray

Speak for yourself

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 17:04 - Oct 27 with 818 viewsonehunglow

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 17:04 - Oct 27 by raynor94

Speak for yourself

It was 1968 mind.

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 21:33 - Oct 27 with 717 viewsCatullus

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 16:20 - Oct 27 by pencoedjack

Grimes
Downes
Ntcham
Corey Smith
Paterson

Or forget about

Liam Walsh
Dan Williams

Sorry but where did I say I'd drop anybody to play Fulton? I'm quite happy for him to be sold because Martin obviously doesn't rate him and he's not what we need.

I've even seen an improvement in Grimes this last few weeks, more urgency, more forward passing, a bit more drive so I'm not even going to moan about him!

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 22:00 - Oct 27 with 702 viewspencoedjack

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 21:33 - Oct 27 by Catullus

Sorry but where did I say I'd drop anybody to play Fulton? I'm quite happy for him to be sold because Martin obviously doesn't rate him and he's not what we need.

I've even seen an improvement in Grimes this last few weeks, more urgency, more forward passing, a bit more drive so I'm not even going to moan about him!

Apologies it was a question for Richie

Replied to wrong comment.
Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 22:02 - Oct 27 with 695 viewsAndyCole

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 16:20 - Oct 27 by pencoedjack

Grimes
Downes
Ntcham
Corey Smith
Paterson

Or forget about

Liam Walsh
Dan Williams

The player who has displaced Fulton right now is Smith.

Fulton is adept at linking with the forward line for phase 2 go-forward. Worked beautifully with Ayew, they had a clever understanding. He hasn't been given that opportunity by Martin. Martin disappointingly and worryingly chooses to pick a hod-carrier (and ex team mate) Smith in that advanced role when Ntcham/Walsh are unavailable.

I would drop the aged Smith, 100% in place of the far more technically adept, cleverer Fulton in that space. Especially with his relationship with captain Grimesy.

Those that simply accept Martin's often bizarre decisions, really need to stop, think and reassess before posting.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 23:44 - Oct 27 with 665 viewsmagicdaps10

I like Fulton, always have liked him.. Underrated player.
When I look at the Midfield without him and putting Grimes aside as I feel he is the last leg of his time with us, I see Downes, Ntcham and Walsh as 3 players going forward and think it might be time for Fulton to move on and we take a nice fee and use that in areas in the team that need strengthening.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 01:04 - Oct 28 with 641 viewsTreforys_Jack

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 22:02 - Oct 27 by AndyCole

Fulton is adept at linking with the forward line for phase 2 go-forward. Worked beautifully with Ayew, they had a clever understanding. He hasn't been given that opportunity by Martin. Martin disappointingly and worryingly chooses to pick a hod-carrier (and ex team mate) Smith in that advanced role when Ntcham/Walsh are unavailable.

I would drop the aged Smith, 100% in place of the far more technically adept, cleverer Fulton in that space. Especially with his relationship with captain Grimesy.

Those that simply accept Martin's often bizarre decisions, really need to stop, think and reassess before posting.

A post from you I can actually get onboard with, Smith should be defensive cover only, it was sadly comical seeing him fall over when 1 on 1 with the Brentford keeper in the play off final. He has no attacking capabilities or skill set whatsoever. Decent enough defensively though, so not really sure why RM is exposing him so obviously by pushing him up the pitch.
Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 08:14 - Oct 28 with 560 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 22:02 - Oct 27 by AndyCole

Agreed on that score.

I'll be sorry to see him go to be honest. I don't think anyone could argue that he'd be less useful in that advanced midfield position than Smith. I'd also rather keep around a player who might not be a perfect fit for the system but is available for 80% of games as opposed to one who is but is only available for 20%.

I've been guilty a number of times this season of genuinely forgetting Walsh plays for us.
Jay Fulton is high on Steve Cooper’s January shopping list, but why ? on 16:49 - Oct 28 with 439 viewsA_Fans_Dad

He also has the odd goal in him, is not bad with his head and defends well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024