Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Concept vs Reality: brand Martin 22:42 - Oct 27 with 4215 viewsAndyCole

This is the question, right now. All Concept and no real substance ? One of the hottest topics in the corridors of power.

The ayes have it, I say. All concept and no real, proper substance.

Martin's brand shouts all Concept, and no Reality. He's like an interior Designer positioning partitions, shaping style, colour swatches and cushions. Whereas in reality the senior players, the Chief Architects for making things happen on the pitch, as we build and find a way of winning with Plan B, deliver as best as they can - despite, not because of the flamboyant Design Concepts (Plan A).

So far in his managerial career Martin is clearly all Concept with mediocre results. The harsh Reality right now is all about winning. Flamboyant design concepts need to be consigned to the managerial filing cabinet, under M for....Martin, mediocre. 16th in the table, unheard of, in yonks.

The investors are all about a winning Reality, not Conceptual design. There's much at stake, especially right now.

It's time to deliver Reality with a proper Plan B, where Designer, Chief Architects and the entire team are fully aligned and delivering.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 22:50 - Oct 27 with 1916 viewsbuilthjack

Wow Ryan

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 23:00 - Oct 27 with 1904 viewsThrasher6

Jesus......that's all I can say tbh...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 23:07 - Oct 27 with 1894 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s a great forum for different opinions for sure.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 00:56 - Oct 28 with 1865 viewsTreforys_Jack

I'm enjoying my matchday experience, that's really all that matters.
Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:11 - Oct 28 with 1787 viewsjohnlangy

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 00:56 - Oct 28 by Treforys_Jack

I'm enjoying my matchday experience, that's really all that matters.

Give me Russell's concept ahead of Steve's any day.
Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:14 - Oct 28 with 1779 viewsDr_Parnassus

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:11 - Oct 28 by johnlangy

Give me Russell's concept ahead of Steve's any day.

If we are doing swaps, can we get his league position as part of the deal?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:19 - Oct 28 with 1764 viewsonehunglow

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 23:07 - Oct 27 by KeithHaynes

It’s a great forum for different opinions for sure.

It is and Ryan should be free to post without snarling replies.
He feels as he does.If he prefered Cooper ,so what. I detested Cooper but AC and me eem to be able to get along just fine.You others need to try it.

I doubt he HATES Martin or Naughton too.

Reality is infinately harder to face than Concept which is literally intangible

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:22 - Oct 28 with 1769 viewsmagicdaps10

The OP is certainly a WOW post but not total suprising from a poster who is not a Martin fan.

In reality, Martin has been here 3 months, no pre season, lost a few good players from last season and the parachute payments have stopped... Think about that and think about the reality of it all.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:28 - Oct 28 with 1760 viewsmagicdaps10

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:19 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

It is and Ryan should be free to post without snarling replies.
He feels as he does.If he prefered Cooper ,so what. I detested Cooper but AC and me eem to be able to get along just fine.You others need to try it.

I doubt he HATES Martin or Naughton too.

Reality is infinately harder to face than Concept which is literally intangible

The last bit is bang on and I think that the OP is a perfect example of that when all things are not just noted but also taken on board.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:30 - Oct 28 with 1749 viewsonehunglow

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:28 - Oct 28 by magicdaps10

The last bit is bang on and I think that the OP is a perfect example of that when all things are not just noted but also taken on board.

Daps.
I truly hope Martin works it all out and we get it on a a club.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:35 - Oct 28 with 1753 viewsmagicdaps10

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:30 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

Daps.
I truly hope Martin works it all out and we get it on a a club.

Would say that most of us do but it's to early to have the knives out for him, a lot has happened since and even just before he took over.
This season is a building season, the board and all above Martin are aware of this as is Martin himself... I was even told by someone within the liberty that 10-15 position come the end of the season would be the reality of this season.

Wins and higher up the league is an entitled ship that sailed a while back....its a new reality that some posters can't grasp.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:37 - Oct 28 with 1752 viewsnantywatcher

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:22 - Oct 28 by magicdaps10

The OP is certainly a WOW post but not total suprising from a poster who is not a Martin fan.

In reality, Martin has been here 3 months, no pre season, lost a few good players from last season and the parachute payments have stopped... Think about that and think about the reality of it all.

I'd love to be a Martin fan, but why should I? The blind faith that you and others have for a man with no real track record is way beyond my understanding. And to think we were told we would be more entertaining turns out to be utter nonsense. Still whatever happens it looks like he's got a job for life, maybe a bit of pressure in his working life might improve our performances?
Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:45 - Oct 28 with 1742 viewsDr_Parnassus

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:22 - Oct 28 by magicdaps10

But has had the benefit of the 3rd highest amount spent on transfers in the league this year and 2nd highest in our football league history to make up for it.

Swings and roundabouts. Let's keep it balanced.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:46 - Oct 28 with 1740 viewsmagicdaps10

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:37 - Oct 28 by nantywatcher

I'd love to be a Martin fan, but why should I? The blind faith that you and others have for a man with no real track record is way beyond my understanding. And to think we were told we would be more entertaining turns out to be utter nonsense. Still whatever happens it looks like he's got a job for life, maybe a bit of pressure in his working life might improve our performances?

As I said, 3 months in and all that he has faced is something that needs to be taken on board.

I have supported the club long enough to realise the difficulties we have to deal and Martin being 3 months in as a job on his hands. Am I happy where we are taking all into consideration? Yes I am. Would I like to be further up the table? Yes, course I would be.

The answer to my second question would be more to reality but I would certainly want it but realise and accept why we are not.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:49 - Oct 28 with 1734 viewsmagicdaps10

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:45 - Oct 28 by Dr_Parnassus

But has had the benefit of the 3rd highest amount spent on transfers in the league this year and 2nd highest in our football league history to make up for it.

Swings and roundabouts. Let's keep it balanced.

And that doesn't necessarily bring success nor does it mean it brings instance success.

It only tells me(my opinion) it was needed to make us slightly competitive after we lost good players without having a fee for them.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:53 - Oct 28 with 1729 viewsDr_Parnassus

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:49 - Oct 28 by magicdaps10

And that doesn't necessarily bring success nor does it mean it brings instance success.

It only tells me(my opinion) it was needed to make us slightly competitive after we lost good players without having a fee for them.

Spending and success is directly linked, whether fans accept it or not.

This squad has improved on last years as a result.

Would I swap Piroe, Downes, Ntcham, Williams, Patterson, Laird, Obafemi, Walsh and Jospeh..... for Ayew, Roberts, Lowe and Guehi?

Not in a million years.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:59 - Oct 28 with 1702 viewsonehunglow

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:53 - Oct 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Would I swap Piroe, Downes, Ntcham, Williams, Patterson, Laird, Obafemi, Walsh and Jospeh..... for Ayew, Roberts, Lowe and Guehi?

Not in a million years.

Something in that although I believe Piroe is going to be very good indeed,as will Downes.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:00 - Oct 28 with 1704 viewsmagicdaps10

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:53 - Oct 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Not in a million years.

That's a big statement and certainly one that could be argued with.

Ayew, Guehi and Roberts in this seasons team and I would certainly expect a play off push all teams considered.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:05 - Oct 28 with 1696 viewsDr_Parnassus

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:00 - Oct 28 by magicdaps10

That's a big statement and certainly one that could be argued with.

Ayew, Guehi and Roberts in this seasons team and I would certainly expect a play off push all teams considered.

You could argue it if you like but I can't see that argument going very far.

Well yes, you are adding both teams together. The players we lost have been replaced by a better bunch collectively, there can be little doubt about that.

So we have a better team than one that finished 6th and 4th. Not much doubt about it for me.

I don't expect us to reach that level of course, because we aren't anywhere near as results focused. Top 10 and id be pleasantly satisfied, any lower and that is a poor return regardless of excuses.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:14 - Oct 28 with 1677 viewsonehunglow

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:05 - Oct 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Well yes, you are adding both teams together. The players we lost have been replaced by a better bunch collectively, there can be little doubt about that.

So we have a better team than one that finished 6th and 4th. Not much doubt about it for me.

I don't expect us to reach that level of course, because we aren't anywhere near as results focused. Top 10 and id be pleasantly satisfied, any lower and that is a poor return regardless of excuses.

At least some good exchanges on here now

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 11:54 - Oct 28 with 1646 viewsmagicdaps10

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 10:05 - Oct 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Well that is interesting. Its a regular conversation with my staff about the Swans and we all have varying views but we all tend to agree that this seasons squad is not as strong as last seasons AND that this season is a mid table season all going well.

Its an interesting thing how people see things, since the final whistle went in the play off final, I from that point accepted whomever was in charge was going to have a season of transition and that's my reality of the situation.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 12:02 - Oct 28 with 1623 viewsonehunglow

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 09:35 - Oct 28 by magicdaps10

Would say that most of us do but it's to early to have the knives out for him, a lot has happened since and even just before he took over.
This season is a building season, the board and all above Martin are aware of this as is Martin himself... I was even told by someone within the liberty that 10-15 position come the end of the season would be the reality of this season.

Wins and higher up the league is an entitled ship that sailed a while back....its a new reality that some posters can't grasp.

Nothing to do with knives either.
Its imply a case of some morons like me not following Martin's mantra.Pure and Simple.

They can call it hate,moronic or whatever else but I aint convinced about this man.

If he DOES prove to be a dud,then some soul will be shattered-clearly,as they are giving their souls to them in the way Robert Johnson gave his soul to the devil.

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 12:08 - Oct 28 with 1617 viewsAndyCole

I doubt whether anybody on here has the knives out for Martin, far from it. We all want to see us succeed.

The constructive critique is exactly that.

The last sentence in the OP is key: alignment of all to a winning plan (including the fans). To me it's clear Martin can't possibly be the finished article, he has much to learn and he is learning from the senior players . They're all learning together and if they get it right (West Brom 2nd half) we could be truly formidable.

Most of us are totally on board with the concept, and applaud Martin for having that vision and laser focus. A breath of fresh air to see us playing tricky neat triangles again. But he needs to up his game and learn faster from his mistakes. He needs a guiding influence to navigate him through, Birch would have been ideal.

The reality is we need to settle on a blended, winning formula which is within our grasp if Martin can raise his game.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 12:08 - Oct 28 with 1614 viewsmagicdaps10

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 12:02 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

Nothing to do with knives either.
Its imply a case of some morons like me not following Martin's mantra.Pure and Simple.

They can call it hate,moronic or whatever else but I aint convinced about this man.

If he DOES prove to be a dud,then some soul will be shattered-clearly,as they are giving their souls to them in the way Robert Johnson gave his soul to the devil.

It will either work, not work or will be classed as neither.

If it does or doesn't work then someone's nose will be put out, if it does neither then people will argue to prove it worked or didn't just to save face.... That IS the crux of it all.

Different people with have different realities of it all. Look at Sousa's reign with us, it was a shower but it had a massive foundation add on ready for when Rodgers took over..... The Roberto football with the season of shape and structure set in by Sousa was a dream for Rodgers when he came in, what was the phrase again "hand in glove"

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 12:12 - Oct 28 with 1603 viewsonehunglow

Concept vs Reality: brand Martin on 12:08 - Oct 28 by magicdaps10

It will either work, not work or will be classed as neither.

If it does or doesn't work then someone's nose will be put out, if it does neither then people will argue to prove it worked or didn't just to save face.... That IS the crux of it all.

Different people with have different realities of it all. Look at Sousa's reign with us, it was a shower but it had a massive foundation add on ready for when Rodgers took over..... The Roberto football with the season of shape and structure set in by Sousa was a dream for Rodgers when he came in, what was the phrase again "hand in glove"

Morning AC.
Yep,that' all it is.
I cannot figure out the comments aimed at those not following Russy speak.
We have seen unbelievable dross posted .It needs to stop.

Opinion are not "negative" or "positive" and folk need to remember that becaue if one believes in the text of a post then it is "positive".If a post is not seen that way,then it is seen as "negative" and thus worthy of approbation in some way.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024