Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p 09:57 - Oct 28 with 2039 viewsonehunglow

So this is what this government wants ;get us that inebriated we dont mind wtf is going on.
Is this what we really are about
More concern with pubs closing than Care Homes .

Gambling industry meanwhile continues to screw us unabated

Look at us Lord

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 10:04 - Oct 28 with 1587 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

I’m not sure how old you are but I watched an old episode of only fools and horses the other day and they ordered a massive round of drinks in the Nags head and Mike the barman asked them for a tenner. I was amazed. Were people back then constantly inebriated because drinks in pubs were so cheap? Is this how thatcher kept getting back in? Everyone was pissed?
Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 10:08 - Oct 28 with 1576 viewsBoundy

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 10:04 - Oct 28 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I’m not sure how old you are but I watched an old episode of only fools and horses the other day and they ordered a massive round of drinks in the Nags head and Mike the barman asked them for a tenner. I was amazed. Were people back then constantly inebriated because drinks in pubs were so cheap? Is this how thatcher kept getting back in? Everyone was pissed?

I remember Allbright bitter at 20p a pint , and that then was way overpriced. Prices then were relative to the cost of living etc not because it was plentiful ,

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 10:12 - Oct 28 with 1567 viewsonehunglow

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 10:04 - Oct 28 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

72 in Jan mate.No secret.

We have a very sinister drink culture that underpins everything including a PM who sees getting hammered as a jolly good time. If we want to provide public services then let's fund them .Significantly increasing alcohol levy is a start but I guarantee you responses to this will be hatefilled and accusations of miserable barsteward follow. We are what we are. A nation of drink obsessed clowns. It is part of of very being.

It is and will be defended to the death.Literally.

Meanwhile ,we face all sorts of increases including energy and council charges but hey ,Sunak seemed overjoyed at announcing decreases in duty on drink.

This government is shameful.

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 10:20 - Oct 28 with 1558 viewsBoundy

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 10:12 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

72 in Jan mate.No secret.

We have a very sinister drink culture that underpins everything including a PM who sees getting hammered as a jolly good time. If we want to provide public services then let's fund them .Significantly increasing alcohol levy is a start but I guarantee you responses to this will be hatefilled and accusations of miserable barsteward follow. We are what we are. A nation of drink obsessed clowns. It is part of of very being.

It is and will be defended to the death.Literally.

Meanwhile ,we face all sorts of increases including energy and council charges but hey ,Sunak seemed overjoyed at announcing decreases in duty on drink.

This government is shameful.

Are you suggesting we all sit at home and read the good book then ?

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 10:22 - Oct 28 with 1548 viewsonehunglow

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 10:20 - Oct 28 by Boundy

Are you suggesting we all sit at home and read the good book then ?

No.

Do you deny we are,as a nation,underpinned by alcohol

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 10:22 - Oct 28 with 1547 viewsWhiterockin

As a matter of interest will Wetherspoons be allowed to charge that price in Wales and Scotland, with the minimum price per alcohol unit?
Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 10:34 - Oct 28 with 1515 viewsDr_Winston

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 10:22 - Oct 28 by Whiterockin

As a matter of interest will Wetherspoons be allowed to charge that price in Wales and Scotland, with the minimum price per alcohol unit?

Probably not. The joyless puritans in Cardiff Bay will probably double down on the policy, despite its clear and demonstrable failure to do what it was designed to do in Scotland.

This is where prohibitionism gets us. Nowhere. And there are plenty stupid enough think that we need more of the same

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 10:47 - Oct 28 with 1513 viewsCatullus

When I bought my first pint in a pub I was 17, it was 1984, that pint of lager was 76p. Over the next 10 years the price nearly doubled and not 40 years later it's 5 times that in some places.

I haven't been near a Wetherspoons since we left the Vetch.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 11:41 - Oct 28 with 1458 viewsWhiterockin

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 10:47 - Oct 28 by Catullus

When I bought my first pint in a pub I was 17, it was 1984, that pint of lager was 76p. Over the next 10 years the price nearly doubled and not 40 years later it's 5 times that in some places.

I haven't been near a Wetherspoons since we left the Vetch.

I first started drinking in pubs in 1971. I was paying 12p a pint in the middle bar of the Swan on the Kingsway, I think it was Albright, what we used to call a session beer in those days.
Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 14:44 - Oct 28 with 1375 viewsBoundy

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 10:22 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

No.

Do you deny we are,as a nation,underpinned by alcohol

I cannot deny or confirm either way and if it is so are many other countries , wine drinking has increased ten fold in this country, dare I suggest that goes under the radar when it comes to alcohol abuse?
Figures from 2020s how where we stand as a nation of partakers of plonk.

1.US — 33mhl.
France — 24.7mhl.
Italy — 24.5mhl.
Germany — 19.8mhl.
UK — 13.3mhl.
China — 12.4mhl.
Russia — 10.3mhl.
Spain — 9.6mhl
Alcohol overall we're not even in the top ten

Consumption in 2019 (in litres of pure alcohol per capita):
Czechia - 14.26
Latvia - 13.19
Moldova - 12.85
Germany - 12.79
Lithuania - 12.78
Ireland - 12.75
Spain - 12.67
Uganda - 12.48
Bulgaria - 12.46
Luxembourg - 12.45
I'm not a heavy drinker although I was in the forces , now its occasionally the social tipple and that does me and I don't feel I'm missing anything to be honest

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 15:02 - Oct 28 with 1354 viewsDr_Winston

Fairly sure that a hell of a lot of the younger generation are limiting their intake of alcohol too. It's been commented on in the media a few times.

I guess as a nation we're not actually the sozzled nest of Libertines drinking and gambling our way towards Gomorrah that Perchy would have us believe.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 15:04 - Oct 28 with 1358 viewsonehunglow

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 14:44 - Oct 28 by Boundy

I cannot deny or confirm either way and if it is so are many other countries , wine drinking has increased ten fold in this country, dare I suggest that goes under the radar when it comes to alcohol abuse?
Figures from 2020s how where we stand as a nation of partakers of plonk.

1.US — 33mhl.
France — 24.7mhl.
Italy — 24.5mhl.
Germany — 19.8mhl.
UK — 13.3mhl.
China — 12.4mhl.
Russia — 10.3mhl.
Spain — 9.6mhl
Alcohol overall we're not even in the top ten

Consumption in 2019 (in litres of pure alcohol per capita):
Czechia - 14.26
Latvia - 13.19
Moldova - 12.85
Germany - 12.79
Lithuania - 12.78
Ireland - 12.75
Spain - 12.67
Uganda - 12.48
Bulgaria - 12.46
Luxembourg - 12.45
I'm not a heavy drinker although I was in the forces , now its occasionally the social tipple and that does me and I don't feel I'm missing anything to be honest

There is no reason to drop alcohol tax at all.

There is reason to drop tax on Energy ,housing costs,etc .

How many have you heard say good food is too expensive? Yet ,we are looking at 99p for a pint of sheete at a crummy Wetherspoons,run by a chap that would see me break thre swear barrier on here.

He's a happy man right now.

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 15:13 - Oct 28 with 1349 viewsBoundy

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 15:04 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

There is no reason to drop alcohol tax at all.

There is reason to drop tax on Energy ,housing costs,etc .

How many have you heard say good food is too expensive? Yet ,we are looking at 99p for a pint of sheete at a crummy Wetherspoons,run by a chap that would see me break thre swear barrier on here.

He's a happy man right now.

I agree totally on Energy and housing etc, regarding food ,when you think what goes into a standard pub meal , where it's sourced from, delivered, prepared cooked and served then there's a few processes it must go through before being set down at the table, a pint of beer consists of water, malted grains ), hops and yeast all centrally manufactured delivered and served so I can understand the price differential between beer and grub

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 15:59 - Oct 28 with 1316 viewsLohengrin

It’s all relative, mate. Prices were much lower in the early’80s by comparison with today but so were wages.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 16:56 - Oct 28 with 1273 viewsonehunglow

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 15:13 - Oct 28 by Boundy

I agree totally on Energy and housing etc, regarding food ,when you think what goes into a standard pub meal , where it's sourced from, delivered, prepared cooked and served then there's a few processes it must go through before being set down at the table, a pint of beer consists of water, malted grains ), hops and yeast all centrally manufactured delivered and served so I can understand the price differential between beer and grub

Just passed local #Shell garage .diesel 1.48. Per litre.

Wife saying odd they ve just reduced the tax for Champagne .

I cannot understand the antipathy in here fir raising tax on items that are NOT essential.

Meanwhile ,we all face significant Council tax bills

I see photos of Boris and Sunak,a billionaire ,toasting the drop in tax.

Get it yet ?

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 17:43 - Oct 28 with 1245 viewsBoundy

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 16:56 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

Just passed local #Shell garage .diesel 1.48. Per litre.

Wife saying odd they ve just reduced the tax for Champagne .

I cannot understand the antipathy in here fir raising tax on items that are NOT essential.

Meanwhile ,we all face significant Council tax bills

I see photos of Boris and Sunak,a billionaire ,toasting the drop in tax.

Get it yet ?

What exactly are you expecting from a football forum "Fire & Brimstone" . The place to air your displeasure is at the polling booths , here we just exchange pleasantries and opinions , and imo its pretty pointless getting agitated with someone , organisation, political party etc , just to see your blood raise where the target is either indifferent or more likely ignorant of your angst.

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 17:48 - Oct 28 with 1237 viewsonehunglow

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 17:43 - Oct 28 by Boundy

What exactly are you expecting from a football forum "Fire & Brimstone" . The place to air your displeasure is at the polling booths , here we just exchange pleasantries and opinions , and imo its pretty pointless getting agitated with someone , organisation, political party etc , just to see your blood raise where the target is either indifferent or more likely ignorant of your angst.

I’ve seen fire and rain.

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 17:51 - Oct 28 with 1231 viewsBoundy

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 17:48 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

I’ve seen fire and rain.

so did James Taylor , he wrote a song about it

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 18:36 - Oct 28 with 1217 viewsonehunglow

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 17:51 - Oct 28 by Boundy

so did James Taylor , he wrote a song about it

Yeah and it' a fav of mine too.

Some would call it dreary though. Opinions innit

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 19:17 - Oct 28 with 1191 viewsbuilthjack

I haven't touched a drop since 11th October. I go months without then have a blast.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 19:40 - Oct 28 with 1181 viewsKeithHaynes

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 19:17 - Oct 28 by builthjack

I haven't touched a drop since 11th October. I go months without then have a blast.

The international break is a good thing then mate 😂👍
Or bad, depends on your viewpoint.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 19:48 - Oct 28 with 1166 viewstheloneranger

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 11:41 - Oct 28 by Whiterockin

I first started drinking in pubs in 1971. I was paying 12p a pint in the middle bar of the Swan on the Kingsway, I think it was Albright, what we used to call a session beer in those days.

February 1971 a pint of Albright in The Pantygwydr was 1/11.

On the day of decimalisation, it was rounded up to 10p a pint.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 20:31 - Oct 28 with 1136 viewsWhiterockin

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 19:48 - Oct 28 by theloneranger

February 1971 a pint of Albright in The Pantygwydr was 1/11.

On the day of decimalisation, it was rounded up to 10p a pint.

I was robbed at 12p. I'll have to go back and complain.. Seriously I can remember paying that.
Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 21:00 - Oct 28 with 1112 viewsmonmouth

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 11:41 - Oct 28 by Whiterockin

Irene the barmaid? Loved the three bars in there. I remember Watneys 14p and Heineken 20p in the Woodman when they would serve you if you were 15.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 21:19 - Oct 28 with 1098 viewsbuilthjack

Wetherspoons dropping price of a pint to 99p on 19:40 - Oct 28 by KeithHaynes

The international break is a good thing then mate 😂👍
Or bad, depends on your viewpoint.

Oh it was good Keith. Very good

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024