Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sala case proven then 11:58 - Oct 28 with 4614 viewsonehunglow

Now what...

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sala case proven then on 12:03 - Oct 28 with 1965 viewsWhiterockin

Probably they were waiting for the outcome of this trail before the various party's make their next move. Things should speed up now.
Sala case proven then on 13:19 - Oct 28 with 1889 viewsCatullus

I'm not sure this has any bearing on the CCFC case. The news is calling him Cardiff city's player though which I'm sure won't help their claims he wasn't theirs yet!

It must be costing Cardiff a fortune in legal fees, 3 ongoing cases.

Honest question, if CCFC lose that case, will they have to pay Nantes interest too?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Sala case proven then on 14:15 - Oct 28 with 1857 viewsDr_Parnassus

This legal case has very little, if any, impact on the CAS appeal. That is due to be heard in February I think.

The CAS appeal is simply a contractual one, and Nantes are most certainly owed the money as FIFA stated and ordered them to pay. FAW have confirmed the international clearance, so the deal was done and dusted.

What this legal case has done is potentially given them an avenue to sue for damages. Although there is very little chance to prove Willie McKay was working on behalf of Nantes (because he wasn’t).

His son was the agent, who’s dealings with Nantes ended the moment the transfer was complete. The McKays were then simply representing themselves and the player and Nantes have nothing to do with it.

So they would have to go after Henderson and there is no chance on earth he would have 15m to pay, he would just declare himself bankrupt without any doubt.

But Nantes would still have got their 15m from Cardiff, unless they also choose the administration route in which case they will be docked points and whatever other sanctions come their way.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Sala case proven then on 14:39 - Oct 28 with 1823 viewsonehunglow

Sala case proven then on 14:15 - Oct 28 by Dr_Parnassus

This legal case has very little, if any, impact on the CAS appeal. That is due to be heard in February I think.

The CAS appeal is simply a contractual one, and Nantes are most certainly owed the money as FIFA stated and ordered them to pay. FAW have confirmed the international clearance, so the deal was done and dusted.

What this legal case has done is potentially given them an avenue to sue for damages. Although there is very little chance to prove Willie McKay was working on behalf of Nantes (because he wasn’t).

His son was the agent, who’s dealings with Nantes ended the moment the transfer was complete. The McKays were then simply representing themselves and the player and Nantes have nothing to do with it.

So they would have to go after Henderson and there is no chance on earth he would have 15m to pay, he would just declare himself bankrupt without any doubt.

But Nantes would still have got their 15m from Cardiff, unless they also choose the administration route in which case they will be docked points and whatever other sanctions come their way.

good read that

Sala case proven then on 14:40 - Oct 28 with 1810 viewsraynor94

Amazingly, 2 on that jury couldn't find him guilty on that evidence

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sala case proven then on 14:42 - Oct 28 with 1818 viewsonehunglow

Sala case proven then on 14:40 - Oct 28 by raynor94

Amazingly, 2 on that jury couldn't find him guilty on that evidence

Juries are bog standard people.
innit

Sala case proven then on 14:59 - Oct 28 with 1802 viewsBoundy

Sala case proven then on 14:42 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

Juries are bog standard people.
innit

Some with ulterior motives or thick

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Sala case proven then on 15:01 - Oct 28 with 1799 viewsonehunglow

Sala case proven then on 14:59 - Oct 28 by Boundy

Some with ulterior motives or thick

It's also a challenge to have any Liverpool jury find anyone Guilty.

Ken Dodd ,bless him ,found innocent

Login to get fewer ads

Sala case proven then on 15:02 - Oct 28 with 1793 viewsBoundy

Sala case proven then on 15:01 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

It's also a challenge to have any Liverpool jury find anyone Guilty.

Ken Dodd ,bless him ,found innocent

Clever Doddy and a genuinely funny bloke .

Sala case proven then on 15:05 - Oct 28 with 1789 viewsBoundy

The Brains Trust has spoken , from Anus's board :

" Outcome (1)

1) CAS find that we do owe FC Nantes £15m

then

2) a) CCFC can sue FC Nantes for £15m for being vicariously liable for the loss of their asset.
b) CCFC can also sue FC Nantes for loss of "Potential revenue" as a result of being relegated - and this could be anything from £50m upwards.

Outcome (2)

1) CAS find that the transfer had not gone through and therefore there is no £15m to pay

2 a) We wouldnt need to sue for £15m as we had not paid it
b) We could not sue for loss of "Potential Revenue" as it had been determined he was not our player

Personally I think Outcome (1) will apply. I think the CAS will determine he was our player and that we owe the transfer - it then follows that we can bring a civil action for items 2(a)(b "

Sala case proven then on 15:08 - Oct 28 with 1788 viewsonehunglow

Sala case proven then on 15:02 - Oct 28 by Boundy

Clever Doddy and a genuinely funny bloke .

Been in hiS house mate over an incident.A total tip;Ive seen tidier derelict places. Lovely bloke but really odd . Genuinely funny. I organised a Police Fed annual meeting performance from him at the Police Club.He was late arriving and looked a shambles ;he went on and on though and killed the place .Unbelievable power over an audience.

My wife made him a suit once at her Tailors shop and part payment was his demand for discount on other suits he bought. Cheeky bugger. All paid cash mind.

Never forgotten.

Sala case proven then on 15:22 - Oct 28 with 1775 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sala case proven then on 15:05 - Oct 28 by Boundy

" Outcome (1)

then

2) a) CCFC can sue FC Nantes for £15m for being vicariously liable for the loss of their asset.
b) CCFC can also sue FC Nantes for loss of "Potential revenue" as a result of being relegated - and this could be anything from £50m upwards.

Outcome (2)

1) CAS find that the transfer had not gone through and therefore there is no £15m to pay

b) We could not sue for loss of "Potential Revenue" as it had been determined he was not our player

Personally I think Outcome (1) will apply. I think the CAS will determine he was our player and that we owe the transfer - it then follows that we can bring a civil action for items 2(a)(b "

They are deluded.

This all came from a poster on there called Paul Keevil, who has a mediocre grasp of law yet they cling on his every word because he worked for the club in some legal capacity years ago, but nothing to do with contract law and certainly not french interpretations of vicarious liability.

Vicarious liability is like an employee of an organisation when in uniform and representing the company he/she works for, doing something to cause someone damages. They then hold that company liable as they state that you were representing them in some capacity.

So in order for Cardiff to prove vicarious liability and sue Nantes, they would have to prove Willie McKay was working as an employee of Nantes at the time the flight was arranged, and working in Nantes interests of course.

Willie McKay lost his agents licence and was not a registered agent, he arranged the flight with Sala directly as Cardiff would only pay for a budget ticket from Paris at in inconvenient time.

Willie was not an agent, was not employed by Nantes. His son was acting on behalf of Nantes, Sala and Cardiff up until the deal was signed and complete (which was before the flight was arranged). As soon as that happened his son was only representing Sala and also Cardiff in a sense.

This flight back was to get to training. He had already flown over to sign the papers and hold the shirt up etc

He then flew back to France after the deal was done to pack up his stuff and say goodbyes to family, friends and colleagues. It was a personal trip, not a professional one.

At that point Nantes has absolutely nothing to do with Sala or the McKays, as far as they were concerned he was no longer their player - and they would be right.

An awful incident, but they owe 15m + interest without any shadow of a doubt.

The only person they have a case against is the now guilty Henderson who was the original pilot that have the job away to an under qualified pilot. But there is absolutely no chance he has the cash to be sued.

Hence why they are conjuring this vicarious liability avenue to attack Nantes. Pretty despicable really.

They know the CAS appeal case is essentially a disaster waiting to be confirmed for them. It’s all been about delaying the inevitable and hoping they got promotion in the meantime so they could absorb the hit… which didn’t work out too well.

They are in BIG trouble.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 15:32]

Sala case proven then on 15:29 - Oct 28 with 1759 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Putting the money and rivalry aside for a second I think it’s important to remember an innocent young man has lost his life unnecessarily. I sincerely hope that whatever happens I hope his family and friends can get some sort of justice and closure and at least try to move on from this horrific event.

Now back to the rivalry, I hope they make the bastards pay.
Sala case proven then on 15:59 - Oct 28 with 1718 viewscontroversial_jack

The problem with being on a jury is, you get 2 sides of the story
Sala case proven then on 17:00 - Oct 28 with 1650 viewsonehunglow

Sala case proven then on 15:59 - Oct 28 by controversial_jack

The problem with being on a jury is, you get 2 sides of the story

No,One side tells the truth,the other tries to hide it .

Sala case proven then on 17:07 - Oct 28 with 1643 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Sala case proven then on 15:05 - Oct 28 by Boundy

" Outcome (1)

then

Outcome (2)

Just hope FIFA EFl and FAW have the balls to stop Cardiff signing any players until the debt is settled.

I wonder if Cardiff ever paid his signing on fee to his estate.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Sala case proven then on 17:16 - Oct 28 with 1636 viewsProfessor

Sala case proven then on 15:22 - Oct 28 by Dr_Parnassus

They are deluded.

This all came from a poster on there called Paul Keevil, who has a mediocre grasp of law yet they cling on his every word because he worked for the club in some legal capacity years ago, but nothing to do with contract law and certainly not french interpretations of vicarious liability.

Vicarious liability is like an employee of an organisation when in uniform and representing the company he/she works for, doing something to cause someone damages. They then hold that company liable as they state that you were representing them in some capacity.

So in order for Cardiff to prove vicarious liability and sue Nantes, they would have to prove Willie McKay was working as an employee of Nantes at the time the flight was arranged, and working in Nantes interests of course.

Willie McKay lost his agents licence and was not a registered agent, he arranged the flight with Sala directly as Cardiff would only pay for a budget ticket from Paris at in inconvenient time.

Willie was not an agent, was not employed by Nantes. His son was acting on behalf of Nantes, Sala and Cardiff up until the deal was signed and complete (which was before the flight was arranged). As soon as that happened his son was only representing Sala and also Cardiff in a sense.

This flight back was to get to training. He had already flown over to sign the papers and hold the shirt up etc

He then flew back to France after the deal was done to pack up his stuff and say goodbyes to family, friends and colleagues. It was a personal trip, not a professional one.

At that point Nantes has absolutely nothing to do with Sala or the McKays, as far as they were concerned he was no longer their player - and they would be right.

An awful incident, but they owe 15m + interest without any shadow of a doubt.

The only person they have a case against is the now guilty Henderson who was the original pilot that have the job away to an under qualified pilot. But there is absolutely no chance he has the cash to be sued.

Hence why they are conjuring this vicarious liability avenue to attack Nantes. Pretty despicable really.

They know the CAS appeal case is essentially a disaster waiting to be confirmed for them. It’s all been about delaying the inevitable and hoping they got promotion in the meantime so they could absorb the hit… which didn’t work out too well.

They are in BIG trouble.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 15:32]

Not a lawyer, but from senior role which requires understanding of compliance and liability, I fully agree. Where could they bring a civil case? French law is not based on precedent and a Civil case in England and Wales is costly.
Loss of revenue is pure fantasy. Complete straw clutching.
Sala case proven then on 17:18 - Oct 28 with 1631 viewsProfessor

Sala case proven then on 15:08 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

Been in hiS house mate over an incident.A total tip;Ive seen tidier derelict places. Lovely bloke but really odd . Genuinely funny. I organised a Police Fed annual meeting performance from him at the Police Club.He was late arriving and looked a shambles ;he went on and on though and killed the place .Unbelievable power over an audience.

My wife made him a suit once at her Tailors shop and part payment was his demand for discount on other suits he bought. Cheeky bugger. All paid cash mind.

Never forgotten.

I met him doing and interview at Radio Merseyside. Lovely guy,
Totally dishevelled and as mad as a sack of ferrets
Sala case proven then on 18:50 - Oct 28 with 1568 viewscontroversial_jack

Sala case proven then on 17:00 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

No,One side tells the truth,the other tries to hide it .

Which side is telling the truth and can you prove it?
Sala case proven then on 19:05 - Oct 28 with 1552 viewsGixerJack

Sala case proven then on 13:19 - Oct 28 by Catullus

I'm not sure this has any bearing on the CCFC case. The news is calling him Cardiff city's player though which I'm sure won't help their claims he wasn't theirs yet!

It must be costing Cardiff a fortune in legal fees, 3 ongoing cases.

Honest question, if CCFC lose that case, will they have to pay Nantes interest too?

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to what they say on the news… the BBC report clearly mentioned the words Cardiff City and big time in the same sentence.
Sala case proven then on 00:04 - Oct 29 with 1428 viewsProfessor

Sala case proven then on 19:05 - Oct 28 by GixerJack

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to what they say on the news… the BBC report clearly mentioned the words Cardiff City and big time in the same sentence.

The sentence usually includes ‘underachievers’ too
Sala case proven then on 00:33 - Oct 29 with 1410 viewsKilkennyjack

Never thought of Cardiff going down the administration route.

It would work in avoiding paying, and they are going down anyway.
Gives these owners an out rather than lose money each month.

Problem is the club is in admin then.
Ground included.
Fire sale and new owners might be best for all.

We could buy Legoland for our u23s perhaps ?

Beware of the Risen People

Sala case proven then on 01:03 - Oct 29 with 1398 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sala case proven then on 17:16 - Oct 28 by Professor

Not a lawyer, but from senior role which requires understanding of compliance and liability, I fully agree. Where could they bring a civil case? French law is not based on precedent and a Civil case in England and Wales is costly.
Loss of revenue is pure fantasy. Complete straw clutching.

Correct, they have very little to no hope at all.

They have been through those contracts with a fine toothed comb. As have FIFA.

Which is why FIFA ordered them to pay and why Cardiff’s arguments are moving from contract based ones, which they were at the start - to now negligence and process. It’s very transparent.

With the CAS appeal being contract based, I can’t imagine it will take too long to reach the same conclusion FIFA did.

But I do think they will go down the administration route. I just hope it is a points deduction that matters. As the poster above says, not one given to them when already relegated.

I’d love this to actually relegate them. Stay up by 14 points then get docked 15, it would be exactly what they deserve.

Relegation to league 1 is not an easy thing to cope with, no matter how many have said they wouldn’t mind us being relegated “for a re-set”. Players would leave, finances would crash, sponsorship would diminish, fans spend would crash - an absolute disaster.

Will be fun to watch.

Sala case proven then on 06:23 - Oct 29 with 1364 viewsbuilthjack

Sala case proven then on 00:33 - Oct 29 by Kilkennyjack

Never thought of Cardiff going down the administration route.

It would work in avoiding paying, and they are going down anyway.
Gives these owners an out rather than lose money each month.

Problem is the club is in admin then.
Ground included.
Fire sale and new owners might be best for all.

We could buy Legoland for our u23s perhaps ?

It wouldn't surprise me if the FAW bought the ground

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sala case proven then on 07:38 - Oct 29 with 1340 viewsDr_Winston

Sala case proven then on 06:23 - Oct 29 by builthjack

It wouldn't surprise me if the FAW bought the ground

Wouldn't surprise me if the Welsh Govt bought the ground.

They've bailed out Cardiff's failing airport and Millennium centre repeatedly. Not a great stretch to believe that they'd subsidise another unnecessary venture that they should have no part in running.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024