Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women’s football 17:36 - Oct 28 with 1677 viewspencoedjack

Does anyone on here watch it?

Do you think women’s football should be included in shows like football focus or have a separate programme for those who are interested?

Should ex professional male players be part of coverage of women’s games?
Women’s football on 17:48 - Oct 28 with 1299 viewsBoundy

I've watched on occasion a match or two ,it is a growing sport and rightly imo it should get coverage and recognition but not combined with the men's game, that may change as or if the standard improves

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Women’s football on 18:41 - Oct 28 with 1249 viewsonehunglow

Shouldn't we have mixed gender teams now

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Women’s football on 18:45 - Oct 28 with 1244 viewsWhiterockin

Women’s football on 18:41 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

Only if women are good enough to get in the team. I have seen some girls playing in junior teams who are there on merit and not token gestures.
Women’s football on 18:47 - Oct 28 with 1233 viewsKeithHaynes

No because women’s football is just that, like women’s cricket, golf etc.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Women’s football on 18:56 - Oct 28 with 1203 viewspencoedjack

No need to derail the thread Richie, you didn’t answer the question
Women’s football on 19:02 - Oct 28 with 1186 viewsWhiterockin

Women’s football on 18:56 - Oct 28 by pencoedjack

Does anyone on here watch it?
Yes.

Do you think women’s football should be included in shows like football focus or have a separate programme for those who are interested?
No separate program.

Should ex professional male players be part of coverage of women’s games?
Yes as are women in the male game.
Women’s football on 20:49 - Oct 28 with 1103 viewsonehunglow

Women’s football on 18:56 - Oct 28 by pencoedjack

I was being a jerk ok.A little levity. I won't try that again.

No I do not really enjoy ladies football

What I hate is ladies boxing.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Women’s football on 21:24 - Oct 28 with 1078 viewsbuilthjack

I watched Wales women on the telly the other night. Good to watch, pass and move , keep the ball, make the opposition work. Good coaching.
It was good to watch.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Women’s football on 21:28 - Oct 28 with 1074 viewsmax936

No I don't watch it, I've no interest to be honest and being honest again I'd rather not see Women footballers ex or current players on Football shows, let alone presenting them.
I don't watch Alex Scott talking about the Mens game either, I'm really not fussed on her at all, then again I'm not fussed on Jermaine Jenas either, they were presenting the one show last night or night before, changed channel both irritate me no end.

Women Rugby Refs have added to the game in my opinion, I think they would add something to Mens football as well, instead of these male Refs who fancy themselves and most have massive ego's.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Women’s football on 21:39 - Oct 28 with 1065 viewsbuilthjack

Women’s football on 21:28 - Oct 28 by max936

No I don't watch it, I've no interest to be honest and being honest again I'd rather not see Women footballers ex or current players on Football shows, let alone presenting them.
I don't watch Alex Scott talking about the Mens game either, I'm really not fussed on her at all, then again I'm not fussed on Jermaine Jenas either, they were presenting the one show last night or night before, changed channel both irritate me no end.

Women Rugby Refs have added to the game in my opinion, I think they would add something to Mens football as well, instead of these male Refs who fancy themselves and most have massive ego's.

Watch Emmerdale instead mun

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Women’s football on 22:08 - Oct 28 with 1047 views73__73

The best women’s team in the world, wouldn’t beat a mans pub team.
Also it’s crap to watch.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Women’s football on 22:08 - Oct 28 with 1046 viewspencoedjack

Women’s football on 21:28 - Oct 28 by max936

Agree with most of that although I don’t mind Alex Scott.

I’m wondering how long the BBC & Sky will keep pumping money in if viewing figures do not improve, I’d imagine they are putting women’s football on football focus to hope people will start to watch it.

The women pundits on soccer Saturday are truly awful.

General view on here seems to be the same as my mates & people I work with.
Women’s football on 22:26 - Oct 28 with 1028 viewsmax936

Women’s football on 21:39 - Oct 28 by builthjack

Watch Emmerdale instead mun

I'd rather bite my toenails off than watch soaps

Women’s football on 22:48 - Oct 28 with 1022 viewsmax936

Women’s football on 22:08 - Oct 28 by pencoedjack

Agree with most of that although I don’t mind Alex Scott.

I’m wondering how long the BBC & Sky will keep pumping money in if viewing figures do not improve, I’d imagine they are putting women’s football on football focus to hope people will start to watch it.

The women pundits on soccer Saturday are truly awful.

General view on here seems to be the same as my mates & people I work with.

Mrs sorts of agrees with me, which is rare

Women’s football on 23:19 - Oct 28 with 1005 viewsKilkennyjack

Women’s football on 21:24 - Oct 28 by builthjack

I watched Wales women on the telly the other night. Good to watch, pass and move , keep the ball, make the opposition work. Good coaching.
It was good to watch.

Yes of course it is.
Biggest growth area of our sport.

If a rich woman invested in our club then we would embrace it.

Our game is for everyone.

Beware of the Risen People

Women’s football on 00:25 - Oct 29 with 992 viewsGlossolalia

No interest whatsoever. It is simply a very poor version of the men's game. No fault of theirs as it's simply biology manifest, and by all means play sports whoever you are, and at whatever level.

The patently disproportionate coverage it's receiving is rather tiring though. So it goes.
Women’s football on 05:56 - Oct 29 with 955 viewsTreforys_Jack

I enjoy women's golf as its far more similar to the way I play golf, with regard distances etc. The men's game is a completely different sport to what I play.
Women’s football on 06:20 - Oct 29 with 949 viewsangryjack

It's a game for women who want be men or who think they are men,,90 % rug munchers...
Women’s football on 07:10 - Oct 29 with 935 viewsTreforys_Jack

Women’s football on 06:20 - Oct 29 by angryjack

It's a game for women who want be men or who think they are men,,90 % rug munchers...

Oops , think you're possibly a gonna
Women’s football on 07:21 - Oct 29 with 930 viewsbuilthjack

What on earth is a rug muncher?

Women’s football on 09:06 - Oct 29 with 907 viewsVincent_Vega

I don't watch it personally but have nothing against it as a sport. If women wanna play, crack on! I do think they should have separate programs which hopefully should start to happen as the teams gain their own support bases.

One thing though is the mixed punditry. I like Alex Scott and the like but when they go on about 'the lads in the dressing room' I'm sorry how the fudge does she know about the dressing room in a male team? She cant, better insight would be to have a lower league former men's player. Call me a dinosaur I suppose.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Women’s football on 09:55 - Oct 29 with 865 viewsandypitt56

You dont have to like game, I don't watch it because I think that the standard is poor, however your comment is derogatory and unnecessary. Have a word with yourself.
Women’s football on 10:43 - Oct 29 with 828 viewsCatullus

Women’s football on 07:21 - Oct 29 by builthjack

What on earth is a rug muncher?

A lesbian. You lived a sheltered life

I have watched some games and the speed and skill level are lower but the entertainment is still there, the commitment an effort is there.

I don't mind female pundits in mens football if they are good enough. I quite like Alex Scott, Michelle Owen (I think) is ok as a presenter too.

Womens' football may be over represented, how people watch it to warrant the coverage it's getting and yes, men should be pundits and presenters in the womens game too, equality for all.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Women’s football on 11:51 - Oct 29 with 786 viewswhiterock

Put a bang average Swansea Senior League player into the Welsh ladies team and he would be (wo)man of the match every week, sorry, its not for me
Women’s football on 14:43 - Oct 29 with 734 viewsReslovenSwan1

Women’s football on 10:43 - Oct 29 by Catullus

A lesbian. You lived a sheltered life

I have watched some games and the speed and skill level are lower but the entertainment is still there, the commitment an effort is there.

I don't mind female pundits in mens football if they are good enough. I quite like Alex Scott, Michelle Owen (I think) is ok as a presenter too.

Womens' football may be over represented, how people watch it to warrant the coverage it's getting and yes, men should be pundits and presenters in the womens game too, equality for all.

Pundits like Ian Wright are a waste of space. Since Mich Richards has joined it has become a trio of gigglers like early morning radio as they discover an Wright was the last man to score a hat trick on a Shrove Tuesday in at Villa Park.

I prefer the serious trainspotter types on Quest that know everything about everything because they are obsessives. The can quote the Ollie Cooper's data at Newport actually match those of Josh Sheehan's who is 58 months older.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024