Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. 20:17 - Oct 29 with 1278 viewsWalterBoyd

Live to 85 rather than 75 ? Is it worth it, would you do it?

1. Stop drinking any alcohol
2. Stop smoking
4. Stop eating chips/ pasties
5. Stop takeaways- Indian, Chinese, Pizza.or
6. Start walking 3 miles a day
7. Go to gym 3 times a week
8. Diet, lose weight.

Not an exact science I appreciate. Anything on the list you would stop/ start doing to live longer or think, what the hell I'd rather live to 75 and enjoy. Yes I know 75 could be 55, or 65, etc.

Have any of you changed lifestyle to do this ? What motivated you ?
Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 20:19 - Oct 29 with 1260 viewsonehunglow

You're right.It's not an exact science.
You could do all that and cancer could still catch you out.

Drinking moderately is better than getting hammered,smoking farks up your lungs and walking has to be pleasant in itself. Hardly tough.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 20:30 - Oct 29 with 1259 viewsCatullus

I rarely drink, I walk quite a bit, I have dieted and I've never smoked. I am only aiming for 75 anyway

By then my son will be 33/34 and shuldn't need me anymore!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 20:42 - Oct 29 with 1231 viewsonehunglow

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 20:30 - Oct 29 by Catullus

I rarely drink, I walk quite a bit, I have dieted and I've never smoked. I am only aiming for 75 anyway

Thanks Cat Just over 3 yrs left for me then.

You never know .

Never take owt for granted

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 20:49 - Oct 29 with 1245 viewsWalterBoyd

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 20:30 - Oct 29 by Catullus

Interesting. My mind has worked over the years, that I want to always be around for my kids until they are sorted. Now they have reached adulthood. I feel job done.

I need / want a motivation to keep going. This is like free therapy and I appreciate it.
Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 20:53 - Oct 29 with 1241 viewsmonmouth

I’ve run for over four hours a week for over 40 years, so yes I expect to live for years longer than I would have.

Unfortunately, I’ve spent them running.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 20:54 - Oct 29 with 1238 viewsbuilthjack

He will always need you Cat

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 21:04 - Oct 29 with 1232 viewsWalterBoyd

I watched Sean Lock on you tube yesterday, absolutely brilliant. Probably watchedy more of since he died than when he was alive.

One of his jokes was when someone told him to give up smoking, save yourself a fortune. He replied no it won't, I will live alot longer. I am at that stage. Live healthier, not enjoy life as much or, live longer, end up getting my arse wiped in a nursing home.

A bit depressing, apologies. I dont want to die in my fifties, yet dont want to end up living a healthy life , live by the rules, end up in a nursing home or carers coming to my house 4 times a day
Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 21:06 - Oct 29 with 1231 viewsCatullus

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 20:54 - Oct 29 by builthjack

He will always need you Cat

Well hopefully he'll still want me around but if I do my job properly, he won't need me, not like he does now.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 09:59 - Oct 30 with 1135 viewsKeithHaynes

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 20:53 - Oct 29 by monmouth

I’ve run for over four hours a week for over 40 years, so yes I expect to live for years longer than I would have.

Unfortunately, I’ve spent them running.

Think of all the time you’ve missed in the pub ? 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 10:08 - Oct 30 with 1129 viewsswan65split

I am nearly 70, and have experienced and seen so much in the last 20 odd years to know that whatever one does, life has its own action on what happens to one.

Just enjoy every day .
Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 10:23 - Oct 30 with 1122 viewsCatullus

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 21:04 - Oct 29 by WalterBoyd

I watched Sean Lock on you tube yesterday, absolutely brilliant. Probably watchedy more of since he died than when he was alive.

One of his jokes was when someone told him to give up smoking, save yourself a fortune. He replied no it won't, I will live alot longer. I am at that stage. Live healthier, not enjoy life as much or, live longer, end up getting my arse wiped in a nursing home.

A bit depressing, apologies. I dont want to die in my fifties, yet dont want to end up living a healthy life , live by the rules, end up in a nursing home or carers coming to my house 4 times a day

I have suffered from depression, some days it was my son was the only reason to keep going.
Now he's 13, he needs me less though still quite a bit and I have been setting soft targets, I want to travel more, there are places I want to go, things to see like the Alhambra Palace, the Hagia Sofia, New York (my wife wants to go to Tiffany's...for breakfast!) and there's much more. I still want to crazi schitt like a parachute jump too.
I think the advice to just try and enjoy every day is the best advice on here because you never know and, unless you are genuinely suicicdal, I pretty much guarantee when your time comes it'll be too soon!
As an old fella once said to a tv reporter on his 100th birthday, the reporter said I don't think I'd want to live to be 100 and the old fella replied....you would if you were 99!

Life is for living, enjoy it while you can.

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 10:28 - Oct 30 with 1119 viewsYrAlarch

Life is like a toilet roll. The closer to the end the quicker it goes.
Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 10:31 - Oct 30 with 1115 viewscontroversial_jack

None of those will necessarily give you longevity, but they will improve your quality of life.
Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 11:14 - Oct 30 with 1094 viewsJack123

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 10:31 - Oct 30 by controversial_jack

None of those will necessarily give you longevity, but they will improve your quality of life.

True, especially drinking.. I have for the moment decided to only drink on weekends, what i have noticed, how much energy it takes from you, example had a skinful last Sunday, feel like shi^e Monday, but by Friday I have so much energy practically hyperactive, then 8 cans last night, and feel sluggish again.

libera nos a malo

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 23:44 - Nov 7 with 938 viewsWalterBoyd

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 11:14 - Oct 30 by Jack123

True, especially drinking.. I have for the moment decided to only drink on weekends, what i have noticed, how much energy it takes from you, example had a skinful last Sunday, feel like shi^e Monday, but by Friday I have so much energy practically hyperactive, then 8 cans last night, and feel sluggish again.

I think alcohol has a much bigger impact on us than given credit for.

Smoking kills , all the warnings on cigarette packets etc. Butfew alcohol warnings.

I think this will change in the future. Not sure why tbe risks of liver cancer, prostate cancer, acting a twit etc are not promoted as much a hazard as smoking is.

Drinking also piles on the weight, makes you lethargic, which smoking doesn't.

Both bad. But smoking gets a far worse press than drinking too much.
Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 02:31 - Nov 8 with 917 viewsRonaldStump

No mention of the bigger killer pharmaceuticals, lots of toxic rubbish in that stuff the doctors tell us to take to "save our lives" . Get yourself on the natural therapies if the option is there (of course there are times when we don't have the option) educate and look after yourself and fear nothing and be positive , Be nice to people and share what you can.

Oh and never put your trust in those with a chequered past, very rare leopards change their spots

(He She Him)

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 07:35 - Nov 8 with 899 viewslifelong

I’m 74 in a couple of weeks and like to think I’ve got more than 12 months left, but who knows.

Always enjoyed a drink in moderation, gave up smoking over 40 years ago, regularly walk up to 3 miles at a time, eat a low carb low sugar diet.
Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 09:51 - Nov 8 with 855 viewsonehunglow

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 07:35 - Nov 8 by lifelong

I’m 74 in a couple of weeks and like to think I’ve got more than 12 months left, but who knows.

Always enjoyed a drink in moderation, gave up smoking over 40 years ago, regularly walk up to 3 miles at a time, eat a low carb low sugar diet.

Hope you have many years left Roger,seriously.

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 11:06 - Nov 8 with 839 viewslifelong

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 09:51 - Nov 8 by onehunglow

Hope you have many years left Roger,seriously.

You’re a strange bloke aye. 😄
Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 12:21 - Nov 8 with 811 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 21:04 - Oct 29 by WalterBoyd

David Mitchell had a good one, when he goes out for dinner with his friends as the only non smoker he’s the one sitting there on his own looking after everyone’s coats whilst his mates are all outside together laughing and having a chat.
Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 12:59 - Nov 8 with 802 viewsonehunglow

Which of the following would you do, to live 10 years longer. on 11:06 - Nov 8 by lifelong

You’re a strange bloke aye. 😄

Never argued otherwise mate

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024