Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 08:11 - Oct 31 with 18577 viewsNotLoyal

The new and improved match day thread with less scrolling options is here.
It’s different gravy. It contains no animal fats that we are aware of. Scratch that, it may do. It’s difficult. We need to talk about it. Nothing ‘special’ here.

This game is pay on the day

[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 9:13]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread on 15:22 - Oct 31 with 6128 viewsNotLoyal

Here we go.

It’s Halloween apparently, and this town is coming like a ghost town. All the clubs have closed down. Well, not all of them, otherwise nobody would go out. The 147 is a good place to go though. Our extensive look at Coventry, and it’s ability to transform itself from a place of lost spirits to a place that sells them is legendary. So here is our warm welcome to the forum for Coventry people, the myths, the lies and of course the fingery pokery.

So why Coventry ? Is it an experiment ? Why when it rains do the locals dance in their high rise flats with bum inserts and different colour socks on ? Coventry is a magnificent example of heroism, failure and Jaguar Land Rover. Choose your weapons this is it. It’s the worst place to bring up any form of zoo animal, the terrain isn’t suited to it. Unemployment is at 5%, that’s quite low when compared to another place with higher unemployment like 6% or even 7%. Clive Owen, a local man of some repute, a lower region lady magnet indeed, a formidable attraction of the moister heterosexual and indeed other sexuals Is noted as an authority on things he knows about. We had a trawl through other notable folk from the area, and sadly there are none. The murky waters of this splot on the landscape is such that there is no hope for anyone who resides there. All we can hope for is a quick entry and exit on Tuesday night. Ask Clive Owen.

How can I watch this veritable feast of football ?
SkySports Red Button 🔴
Or get off your backside and go to the game.

As has been pointed out by one of our more informed posters Coventry is a City of culture for 2021. And one of the best-known prizes for visual arts in the world, the Turner Prize 2021 is coming to the Herbert Art Gallery & Museum in Coventry as part of UK City of Culture 2021. The Turner Prize is awarded annually to an artist born, living or working in Britain, for an outstanding exhibition or public presentation of their work anywhere in the world in the previous year. We like Coventry it’s a great place, thank you Coventry.

The music
While most people associate Coventry with 2-Tone, the truth is that Coventry had a very vibrant music scene at the end of the 1970’s. This was partly a legacy of the the 1960’s R&B boom and partly an extension of the 1970’s Punk explosion which had made its way up from London (The Sex Pistols and The Clash played a gig together in Coventry). The music scene was also supported by a mix of venues. The large venues catered to the big touring bands, while the smaller venues were key for the development of a local music scene. Finally, local music magazines and independent record shops were key for spreading the word about bands and giving people a place to meet. Indeed, 1979-80 was a golden era for music in Coventry, as there were lots of bands playing different styles of music, who all knew one another and engaged in friendly rivalry. The Specials and 2-Tone's early success also seemed to galvanize the scene. Squad were the stars of the local punk scene, having formed in 1977 with Terry Hall as their early vocalist. They released 2 singles (£8 A Week / Red Alert and Millionaire / Brockhill Boys), before Gus Chambers stepped in for Terry Hall who left to join the Specials. They included the song Flasher on the comp. By 1981 the band had broken up and Chambers was fronting 21 Guns who made a single for the Neville Staples record label Shack Records. Their single was 'Ambition Rock'. Unfortunately, Gus Chambers, passed away at the age of 52 on October 13, 2008.

The Wild Boys were a very popular local group, initially started by Roddy Radiation in 1975 and were Coventry's first punk band. The band supported The Buzzcocks, but split up in 1977 just as punk was kicking off. Their influence on the city's music scene was immense and provided the catalyst for the influential punk edge that would emerge later in The Specials. After Roddy left to join The Specials as lead guitarist, the Wild Boys' name was taken over by Roddy's brother Mark. A few months later their reputation was cemented as one of the main draws in Coventry. That reputation was soon to increase even more when they landed two tracks on the "Sent From Coventry" compilation album. The tracks 'We're Only Monsters' and 'Lorraine'were both Roddy Radiation songs.

Tonight’s game is so special, but we need a moment of reflection 2nd Nov 2021 09:27
It’s going to be a thrilling game tonight at a rejuvenated Coventry City. Two teams who like to dominate the football, Coventry with their free scoring Viktor Gyökeres, and Swansea City with Joel Piroe up top means tonight there will be goals. That’s an expectation. There are others. 0

Tonight’s teams : Coventry v Swansea City Match build up 2nd Nov 2021 18:08
It’s a very testing game for Swansea City tonight against an in form Coventry who go in to this game as clear favourites, even amongst a lot of swans fans. 0

Russell’s brand of football stuns Coventry City 3rd Nov 2021 08:00
It wasn’t anything other than a midweek away trip for Swansea City, and let’s be honest it was more than likely going to end up in another away day defeat. However, Russell Martin had other ideas as the Swansea bandwagon rolled in to the CBS stadium last night and dictated the game throughout. 0

More to follow.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 10:02]

OK I've changed it.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread SUNDAY LATEST on 17:20 - Oct 31 with 6015 viewsonehunglow

City of Culture though

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread SUNDAY LATEST on 17:57 - Oct 31 with 5999 viewsNotLoyal

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread SUNDAY LATEST on 17:20 - Oct 31 by onehunglow

City of Culture though

Patience! 😉

OK I've changed it.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread SUNDAY LATEST on 18:07 - Oct 31 with 5959 viewsonehunglow

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread SUNDAY LATEST on 17:57 - Oct 31 by NotLoyal

Patience! 😉

Patience.
Me ?

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread SUNDAY LATEST on 18:20 - Oct 31 with 5977 viewsBrynmill_Jack

A massive week for us and an opportunity to put down a big marker - go for broke in both as there’s an international break just afterwards.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread SUNDAY LATEST on 18:26 - Oct 31 with 5933 viewsDr_Winston

Coventry seem like a bit of a Jekyll & Hyde team. They've lost to Barnsley, Luton and Preston yet stuck four on Fulham. Play to our best, and we can get something there.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread SUNDAY LATEST on 19:32 - Oct 31 with 5894 views34dfgdf54

Tough ask this one, they’ll be pressing high similar to Birmingham. Would like Martin to make use of his squad to hopefully stop a repeat of a Birmingham performance where he said himself 3 games in a week was one to many.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread SUNDAY LATEST on 20:04 - Oct 31 with 5851 viewsKeithHaynes

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread SUNDAY LATEST on 18:26 - Oct 31 by Dr_Winston

Coventry seem like a bit of a Jekyll & Hyde team. They've lost to Barnsley, Luton and Preston yet stuck four on Fulham. Play to our best, and we can get something there.

Luton absolutely murdered them 5-0.
But then we know all about Luton 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread SUNDAY LATEST on 20:46 - Oct 31 with 5810 viewsMargam

Me and the mrs just did a week in Tenerife, watched the game yesterday in a bar there, mate got the guy to put on the game swans Tv, was another Jack there. He was following the game watching but also posts on here. Wouldn’t say who he is but is about 35 ish. Nice bloke and all.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread SUNDAY LATEST on 20:46 - Oct 31 with 5810 viewsbuilthjack

This could either go either way, or end up as a dead heat.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread SUNDAY LATEST on 00:03 - Nov 1 with 5672 viewsWalterBoyd

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread SUNDAY LATEST on 20:46 - Oct 31 by Margam

Me and the mrs just did a week in Tenerife, watched the game yesterday in a bar there, mate got the guy to put on the game swans Tv, was another Jack there. He was following the game watching but also posts on here. Wouldn’t say who he is but is about 35 ish. Nice bloke and all.

Fascinating, you should post these types of stories more often.

I think I know him.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread SUNDAY LATEST on 07:55 - Nov 1 with 5547 viewsNotLoyal

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread SUNDAY LATEST on 00:03 - Nov 1 by WalterBoyd

Fascinating, you should post these types of stories more often.

I think I know him.

Maybe he should.

OK I've changed it.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread SUNDAY LATEST on 08:54 - Nov 1 with 5481 viewsonehunglow

Just hope we keep the momentum going.
Russ must be planning for them pressing us high so hope we do not faff around at the back..

Might be good game to watch

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread Monday updates on 12:30 - Nov 1 with 5349 viewsKeithHaynes

Fair play a lot of work has gone in to this thread 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread Monday updates on 13:19 - Nov 1 with 5286 viewsKeithHaynes

This game is now pay on the day.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread SUNDAY LATEST on 13:38 - Nov 1 with 5270 viewsBadlands

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread SUNDAY LATEST on 19:32 - Oct 31 by 34dfgdf54

Tough ask this one, they’ll be pressing high similar to Birmingham. Would like Martin to make use of his squad to hopefully stop a repeat of a Birmingham performance where he said himself 3 games in a week was one to many.

I think the difference will be we played Brum within a week after two really draining games.
For 60 minutes on Saturday it was little more than a training game.
Any points in these fixtures will be a bonus IMO but Coventry offers the better chance.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread Monday updates on 13:51 - Nov 1 with 5248 views34dfgdf54

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread Monday updates on 13:19 - Nov 1 by KeithHaynes

I'll be going up along with a few others.

Builthy - We sold many? About 400 I'm guessing.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread Monday updates on 17:24 - Nov 1 with 5103 viewsGixerJack

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread Monday updates on 13:19 - Nov 1 by KeithHaynes

Great news, my plans have changed so I’m able to go now. Will be travelling by train and probably stay overnight after the match.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread Monday updates on 21:43 - Nov 1 with 4927 viewsbuilthjack

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread Monday updates on 12:30 - Nov 1 by KeithHaynes

Fair play a lot of work has gone in to this thread 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator

The bit about Jimmy Hills mum being a four chin teller. The boy is a lunatic.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread Monday updates on 21:54 - Nov 1 with 4906 viewsKeithHaynes

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread Monday updates on 21:43 - Nov 1 by builthjack

The bit about Jimmy Hills mum being a four chin teller. The boy is a lunatic.

I missed it at first but 😂

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread Monday updates on 21:59 - Nov 1 with 4892 viewsbuilthjack

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread Monday updates on 13:51 - Nov 1 by 34dfgdf54

I'll be going up along with a few others.

Builthy - We sold many? About 400 I'm guessing.

Haven't had any info off my mate, will text him in the morning.
Enjoy, and make some noise.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread Monday updates on 22:03 - Nov 1 with 4888 viewsbuilthjack

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread Monday updates on 21:54 - Nov 1 by KeithHaynes

I missed it at first but 😂

Made me laugh out loud, fair play.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread Monday updates on 22:09 - Nov 1 with 4884 viewsFireboy2

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread Monday updates on 21:59 - Nov 1 by builthjack

Haven't had any info off my mate, will text him in the morning.
Enjoy, and make some noise.

I'm on a course in Liverpool atm, so tempted to drive down and back seeing as I can pay on the day, all depends what time I finish tomorrow.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 09:45 - Nov 2 with 4628 viewsChief

Viktor Gyorkeres.

An ex player and one on a relative drought having not scored in their last 4.

You know what happens next......

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 11:15 - Nov 2 with 4540 viewsKeithHaynes

Tonight’s game is so special, but we need a moment of reflection 2nd Nov 2021 09:27
It’s going to be a thrilling game tonight at a rejuvenated Coventry City. Two teams who like to dominate the football, Coventry with their free scoring Viktor Gyökeres, and Swansea City with Joel Piroe up top means tonight there will be goals. That’s an expectation. There are others. 0

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024