Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? 00:21 - Nov 3 with 2439 viewsDr_Parnassus

I am a massive fan of Andre, always have been. Great servant for us but always seemed to be a bit of a square peg, not a striker and not a winger.

Last year I was making the point that there is a massive difference between a natural striker and a forward.

You are now seeing why.

Prioe after 15 games: 9 goals. 3 assists (12 DGC)
Ayew after 15 games of last season: 7 goals. 2 assists. (9
DGC)

DGC - direct goal contributions

There is absolutely not a chance in hell I would take that deal if it was offered from the Qatar club. Even if the salary demands were the same as Piroe.

Straight swap Ayew for Piroe -any takers?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 00:42 - Nov 3 with 1896 viewsjoshdon10

No I wouldn’t swap him

But I’d love to have ayew in this team.
Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 02:08 - Nov 3 with 1857 viewsDr_Parnassus

Special mention for Pato too.

10 DGC’s in that time too. 6 goals and 4 assists.

Seems a lot more balanced with less pieces being made to work in unfamiliar territory. In the attacking positions anyway.

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 06:04 - Nov 3 with 1811 viewsBillyChong

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 02:08 - Nov 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Special mention for Pato too.

10 DGC’s in that time too. 6 goals and 4 assists.

Seems a lot more balanced with less pieces being made to work in unfamiliar territory. In the attacking positions anyway.

Ayew and Lowe were both square pegs. We now have a squad of players who match the positions on the pitch. Unless I’ve missed it the ‘why don’t we use our wingers’ debate hasn’t been seen this season.
Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 06:49 - Nov 3 with 1789 viewsbuilthjack

Ayew did a decent job.

But spent a lot of time falling over looking for free kicks. That got on my nerves.
Refs wised up to it and ignored his diving.

Pireo all day, but we are playing a different style.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 07:54 - Nov 3 with 1745 viewsDr_Parnassus

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 06:04 - Nov 3 by BillyChong

Ayew and Lowe were both square pegs. We now have a squad of players who match the positions on the pitch. Unless I’ve missed it the ‘why don’t we use our wingers’ debate hasn’t been seen this season.

Correct Mr Chong.

The difference between forwards and converted wingers to a proper talented natural striker is chalk and cheese.

Worlds apart.

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 08:00 - Nov 3 with 1742 views34dfgdf54

Would have been interested to see how we would have fared without Ayew last year. The way we played suited him big time, and Lowe, obviously Martin has now come in and changed things dramatically, would Ayew have suited the way we play now? Not sure, Lowe? Definitely not hence being sold at first opportunity.
Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 08:09 - Nov 3 with 1726 viewsDr_Winston

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 08:00 - Nov 3 by 34dfgdf54

Would have been interested to see how we would have fared without Ayew last year. The way we played suited him big time, and Lowe, obviously Martin has now come in and changed things dramatically, would Ayew have suited the way we play now? Not sure, Lowe? Definitely not hence being sold at first opportunity.

Think Ayew would have slotted quite nicely into the role Paterson is being asked to play. Lowe definitely not.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 08:11 - Nov 3 with 1726 viewsDr_Parnassus

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 08:00 - Nov 3 by 34dfgdf54

We fared pretty well without him.

I believe we only lost once in two seasons when he wasn’t in the team, we adapted pretty well.

Login to get fewer ads

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 08:14 - Nov 3 with 1718 viewskrunchykarrot

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 08:11 - Nov 3 by Dr_Parnassus

I believe we only lost once in two seasons when he wasn’t in the team, we adapted pretty well.

Wouldnt swap Cullen for him let alone Piroe in this set up.
Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 08:15 - Nov 3 with 1706 views34dfgdf54

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 08:11 - Nov 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Full season without a £80k per week striker who Cooper himself said was "head and shoulders" above players in the Championship. I'm not sure personally, I don't think Stevie was either.
Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 08:18 - Nov 3 with 1675 viewsDr_Parnassus

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 08:15 - Nov 3 by 34dfgdf54

Full season without a £80k per week striker who Cooper himself said was "head and shoulders" above players in the Championship. I'm not sure personally, I don't think Stevie was either.

Doesn’t matter how much he was paid. We had a 20k a week winger on the bench in Routledge (prior to extension), doesn’t mean he’s worth that. They are legacy contracts.

As I said I wouldn’t swap him for Piroe who isn’t on anywhere near that (10k early reports).

Forest don’t have Ayew. Seems to be doing pretty well too.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 8:33]

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 08:19 - Nov 3 with 1670 viewsWhiterockin

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 08:15 - Nov 3 by 34dfgdf54

I just felt last season that Ayew tried to do too much himself when other players were in better positions. No I wouldn't swap, Piroe fits perfectly into the style Martin wants to play.
Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 08:47 - Nov 3 with 1601 viewsBobblehat

Nope, Ayew always looked as if he unbalanced the team like you said he was neither a winger or a striker.

I wouldn’t swap Lowe for Pato either.
Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 08:51 - Nov 3 with 1577 viewsDr_Winston

Ayew only missed five league games in the last two seasons. He carried Cooper like George Michael carried Andrew Ridgeley.

Hard to envisage us finishing any higher than mid table without him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 09:14 - Nov 3 with 1549 viewsBobblehat

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 08:51 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

Ayew only missed five league games in the last two seasons. He carried Cooper like George Michael carried Andrew Ridgeley.

I don’t think anyone would ever question his ability on scoring goals but he always unbalanced the team.
Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 09:17 - Nov 3 with 1540 viewsNotLoyal

Ayew was a great player for us, but I’m uncertain he would make an impact in this side playing in Paterson’s position or even Ntcham.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 09:50 - Nov 3 with 1492 viewsCatullus

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 06:04 - Nov 3 by BillyChong

We don't have any wingers but I have asked why, if our wing backs are so high up the pitch, we don't get a couple of wingers.

That changed as Bidwell's fitness improved and he can get back to defend now as well. He's also got amongst the goals, maybe should have scored last night.

Paterson and Piroe have turned into a formidable partnership, I wouldn't swap Piroe, no. I wouldn't want Ayew back either, he may unbalance the team.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 09:50 - Nov 3 with 1493 viewsDr_Parnassus

Agreed. Much prefer the players we have this season.

Full credit to the recruitment team.

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 10:35 - Nov 3 with 1452 viewsJJJack

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 08:09 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

Think Ayew would have slotted quite nicely into the role Paterson is being asked to play. Lowe definitely not.

Pace - Pato has it , Ayew lacks it. Therefore Pato arguably more adept at playing this role. Ayew more likely to have played where Ntcham is playing (Inside right). The difference when we have Ntcham playing there as opposed to Korey Smith is huge. Smith is not an attack minded player so most of our best attacking play/goals have been scored with Ntcham on the pitch. No surprise.
Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 10:39 - Nov 3 with 1441 viewsmagicdaps10

I think that question can't really be answered with conviction so early in Piroes career with us, I would like to give Piroe a full season with us and then re ask the question.

So far though, Piroe looks an astute signing and seems a superb player with further development still to come.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 10:40 - Nov 3 with 1440 viewsDr_Parnassus

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 10:39 - Nov 3 by magicdaps10

I think that question can't really be answered with conviction so early in Piroes career with us, I would like to give Piroe a full season with us and then re ask the question.

So far though, Piroe looks an astute signing and seems a superb player with further development still to come.

I’m answering with conviction.

Piroe all day long.

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 10:47 - Nov 3 with 1434 viewsonehunglow

Laughable
Piroe by a mile.
One we should treasure.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 11:31 - Nov 3 with 1393 viewsBillyChong

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 09:50 - Nov 3 by Catullus

We don't have any wingers but I have asked why, if our wing backs are so high up the pitch, we don't get a couple of wingers.

That changed as Bidwell's fitness improved and he can get back to defend now as well. He's also got amongst the goals, maybe should have scored last night.

Paterson and Piroe have turned into a formidable partnership, I wouldn't swap Piroe, no. I wouldn't want Ayew back either, he may unbalance the team.

Think you’ve answered the question in your second paragraph. Gone are the days of a traditional RB/LB, a lot more are asked of these positions now. Look at Chilwell and Alexander-Arnold as other examples.
Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 14:55 - Nov 3 with 1314 viewsYouBackJastard

In a just world, Piroe would be leaving us for around the same price if not more than McBurnie. Far more talented player than he was, in my opinion. Unsure how many years we tied him to a contract to.

Unbelievable how much age is on his side, too. He's younger than Cullen who we still see as a youth prospect!
Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 15:14 - Nov 3 with 1275 viewsvetchonian

Would anyone still swap Piroe for Ayew? on 08:51 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

as you are obviously frozen in time....there is a suitable song for you ..."LEt it go"

WHy are you brinign our previuos manager into a post which relates to two players?

I might start calling you the Tawe Troll

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024