Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust in politicians 18:10 - Nov 3 with 1898 viewsGwyn737

I’m not sure this is going to help…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59154221
[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 18:10]
Trust in politicians on 18:25 - Nov 3 with 1247 viewsYouBackJastard

We won't get another one like Corbyn for a very long time. Honest men like him come once a century in this game. Politics in the UK is FUBAR (which appears to be quickly becoming a worldwide trend).
Trust in politicians on 18:41 - Nov 3 with 1231 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Trust in politicians on 18:25 - Nov 3 by YouBackJastard

We won't get another one like Corbyn for a very long time. Honest men like him come once a century in this game. Politics in the UK is FUBAR (which appears to be quickly becoming a worldwide trend).

If being honest means supporting terrorist I an glad nobody thought " honest" Corbyn was electable.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Trust in politicians on 18:55 - Nov 3 with 1227 viewsYouBackJastard

Trust in politicians on 18:41 - Nov 3 by felixstowe_jack

If being honest means supporting terrorist I an glad nobody thought " honest" Corbyn was electable.

We're still parroting this Murdoch talking point? Shows how effective propaganda is these days, unfortunately.
Trust in politicians on 19:09 - Nov 3 with 1216 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Trust in politicians on 18:25 - Nov 3 by YouBackJastard

He was as dishonest as the rest of them. How else did we get to the ludicrous state of affairs where Jeremy Corbin was pretending to be a staunch remainer whilst arguing with Mrs May who was pretending to be a passionate brexiteer when we all knew they both believed the polar opposite?
Trust in politicians on 19:21 - Nov 3 with 1203 viewsmajorraglan

Trust in politicians on 18:41 - Nov 3 by felixstowe_jack

I don’t like Corbyn one bit, but as far as I can see he’s never supported terrorism. He did maintain a dialogue with Sinn Fein, but the government of the day were doing exactly the same thing albeit via secret channels.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-corbyn-on-northern-ireland
Trust in politicians on 19:31 - Nov 3 with 1198 viewsmajorraglan

I wish I could say I was astounded by this news, but sadly I am not. It reinforces the poor perception many of us have of our politicians and of greater concern is that the goal posts seem to be changing again.

We need strong rules and governance in order to ensure standards are maintained, otherwise we’ll continue the slide in to sleeve and corruption and end up like the fiefdoms of corruption in subSaharan Africa.

Over and above this episode, the Conservative Party have readmitted Rob Roberts the MP who admitted sexually harassing staff.

We’ve had bullying, Cummins and a host of other issues over the last 2 years and Noris seemingly does nothing unless there’s a public outcry.
Trust in politicians on 19:32 - Nov 3 with 1195 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Trust in politicians on 19:21 - Nov 3 by majorraglan

I don’t like Corbyn one bit, but as far as I can see he’s never supported terrorism. He did maintain a dialogue with Sinn Fein, but the government of the day were doing exactly the same thing albeit via secret channels.

Wasn’t he in big with Hamas and Hezbolla too? Or am I thinking about that Diane moron?
Trust in politicians on 19:33 - Nov 3 with 1193 viewsGwyn737

Trust in politicians on 19:31 - Nov 3 by majorraglan

I wish I could say I was astounded by this news, but sadly I am not. It reinforces the poor perception many of us have of our politicians and of greater concern is that the goal posts seem to be changing again.

We need strong rules and governance in order to ensure standards are maintained, otherwise we’ll continue the slide in to sleeve and corruption and end up like the fiefdoms of corruption in subSaharan Africa.

Over and above this episode, the Conservative Party have readmitted Rob Roberts the MP who admitted sexually harassing staff.

We’ve had bullying, Cummins and a host of other issues over the last 2 years and Noris seemingly does nothing unless there’s a public outcry.

Perhaps I’m wrong to be surprised but for me this feels like a new political low.
Login to get fewer ads

Trust in politicians on 19:36 - Nov 3 with 1182 viewsA_Fans_Dad

They cannot be trusted at all, they no longer have the country's or the people's best interest at heart.
Trust in politicians on 19:38 - Nov 3 with 1184 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Trust in politicians on 19:36 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

They cannot be trusted at all, they no longer have the country's or the people's best interest at heart.

No longer? It’s always been the most wretched hive of scum and villainy.
Trust in politicians on 20:05 - Nov 3 with 1163 viewsKilkennyjack

Worth a listen ….

Beware of the Risen People

Trust in politicians on 20:14 - Nov 3 with 1155 viewsCatullus

At least some of the tories voted against the government, there are a few relatively honest politicians.

This is shocking, found guilty of something, that's ok says Johnson we'll just bluster through it and change the rules.

Natural justice Bojo called it. natural justice would see Paterson sacked. If there really was natural justice, well I want to say something very mean spirited and nasty involving politicians and covid! But I won't.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Trust in politicians on 21:56 - Nov 3 with 1109 viewsmajorraglan

Trust in politicians on 20:14 - Nov 3 by Catullus

At least some of the tories voted against the government, there are a few relatively honest politicians.

This is shocking, found guilty of something, that's ok says Johnson we'll just bluster through it and change the rules.

Natural justice Bojo called it. natural justice would see Paterson sacked. If there really was natural justice, well I want to say something very mean spirited and nasty involving politicians and covid! But I won't.

Approximately 100 MPs failed to vote while 13 actually voted to suspend in defiance of the Government. Laura Kuenssberg sets out what happened in plain English below. What the Government have done is terrible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59156505
Trust in politicians on 22:08 - Nov 3 with 1102 viewsLohengrin

Trust in politicians on 19:09 - Nov 3 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

He was as dishonest as the rest of them. How else did we get to the ludicrous state of affairs where Jeremy Corbin was pretending to be a staunch remainer whilst arguing with Mrs May who was pretending to be a passionate brexiteer when we all knew they both believed the polar opposite?

That was much laughed at on here at the time, mate. A bizarre carry on.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Trust in politicians on 22:30 - Nov 3 with 1084 viewsKilkennyjack

Dreadful.

Trust in politicians on 22:31 - Nov 3 with 1083 viewsProfessor

Trust in politicians on 19:31 - Nov 3 by majorraglan

As you say below this is a real low. Johnson is unfit for the role of PM. As someone commented he could not lie straight in bed. Sadly, the cull of decent Tory politicians for nodding donkeys who unequivocally support him have weakened Parliament and democracy. There are of course decent MPs or both sides but between this and the sewage discharge some eyes are being opened as to what Johnson is all about. Johnson.

And if hear him pontificate on climate change with private planes and seven kids…. Having one fewer child is the most effective way to reduce carbon emissions.
Trust in politicians on 23:34 - Nov 3 with 1047 viewsKilkennyjack

Trust in politicians on 22:31 - Nov 3 by Professor

As you say below this is a real low. Johnson is unfit for the role of PM. As someone commented he could not lie straight in bed. Sadly, the cull of decent Tory politicians for nodding donkeys who unequivocally support him have weakened Parliament and democracy. There are of course decent MPs or both sides but between this and the sewage discharge some eyes are being opened as to what Johnson is all about. Johnson.

And if hear him pontificate on climate change with private planes and seven kids…. Having one fewer child is the most effective way to reduce carbon emissions.

Trust in politicians on 09:24 - Nov 4 with 990 viewsYrAlarch

Best thing would be for Paterson to be voted out in the next election. Also that other sleazebag they have just readmitted to the Party.
I am not being Party political here. I would say the same be it a Labour/SNP/Lib Dem MP.
It's the principle of the matter.
Trust in politicians on 09:31 - Nov 4 with 986 viewsKilkennyjack

Its that simple. Corrupt.

Trust in politicians on 09:39 - Nov 4 with 980 viewsProfessor

Trust in politicians on 09:24 - Nov 4 by YrAlarch

Best thing would be for Paterson to be voted out in the next election. Also that other sleazebag they have just readmitted to the Party.
I am not being Party political here. I would say the same be it a Labour/SNP/Lib Dem MP.
It's the principle of the matter.

I agree and hope the pressure being placed on Claudia Webbe forces her resignation and an MP soon.

Trouble is it's got beyond the individual. Both the Leader of the House and Prime Minister are implicit in supporting corruption and sexual misconduct. They had previously misled the Head of State and acted illegally. The Prime Minister is repeatedly known to lie in parliament. Johnson has near complete control of his pariliamentary party through ousting competent politicians in favour of his 'sheep'. He have had incompetents (Raab, Javed, Williamson), bullies (Patel) and downright liars (Rees-Mogg, Hancock) in senior cabinet positions. The only Cabinet members who have any ability are Gove and Sunak.

Most corrupt government since the days of 'Rotten Boroughs"
Trust in politicians on 10:02 - Nov 4 with 972 viewsYrAlarch

Giving my age away but I recall when the Government Minister, Profumo, resigned after having lied to Parliament. Something I cannot imagine happening in this day and age. How the standards of politicians have declined.
Trust in politicians on 11:58 - Nov 4 with 948 viewsLohengrin

Trust in politicians on 10:02 - Nov 4 by YrAlarch

Giving my age away but I recall when the Government Minister, Profumo, resigned after having lied to Parliament. Something I cannot imagine happening in this day and age. How the standards of politicians have declined.

There was much, much more to Profumo’s resignation than just having misled The House, as you know.

Trust in politicians on 12:22 - Nov 4 with 938 viewsLohengrin

Trust in politicians on 19:21 - Nov 3 by majorraglan

O’Callaghan in the clip was a former revolutionary Marxist and IRA gunman who served prison terms for the murders of a UDR officer and an RUC inspector. He went on to work for the Irish government attempting to bring an end to the violence. This is his take on Corbyn:

Trust in politicians on 12:42 - Nov 4 with 926 viewsProfessor

And now a U-Turn as unfavourable in the papers.
Trust in politicians on 12:57 - Nov 4 with 918 viewsLohengrin

Trust in politicians on 12:42 - Nov 4 by Professor

And now a U-Turn as unfavourable in the papers.

It’s fundamentally wrong that MPs get to decide their own codes of conduct in the first place, Prof. Any half-way sensible system would see any codification formulated and supervised by a completely independent legal body.

It’s worth noting too that The Senedd has no register of lobbyists, there is absolutely no oversight in Cardiff Bay.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024