Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back in the day 13:56 - Nov 22 with 1694 viewstrampie

Back in the day the local football team represented the area, the fans would often be from similar backgrounds, culture, have similar outlook, way of life, beliefs.

Now in this modern multicultural world we have fans of Swansea City that have more in common politically and culturally with opposition fans than they do with the indigenous locals.
Obviously I'm thinking of the union jack, red hand flag types that have latched onto Swansea City in recent years, doubt they would be voting Labour like most of the locals still do or even cheering on Welsh national teams in various sports.
The World is changing and things move on I suppose.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Back in the day on 14:07 - Nov 22 with 1098 viewsDewi1jack

So.
Anyone who doesn't agree with your free Wales stance shouldn't be supporting the Swans?

Way to go to ensure there's less fans at the Morfa than legoland

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Back in the day on 14:08 - Nov 22 with 1082 viewsonehunglow

And also Irish tricolours andIndy flags. They represent a tiny minority but cause friction

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Back in the day on 14:12 - Nov 22 with 1078 viewstrampie

Back in the day on 14:07 - Nov 22 by Dewi1jack

So.
Anyone who doesn't agree with your free Wales stance shouldn't be supporting the Swans?

Way to go to ensure there's less fans at the Morfa than legoland

Swansea votes Labour, Labour don't fully support a free Wales yet, but due to devolution and occasionally cuddling up to Plaid they might be slowly moving in that direction.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Back in the day on 14:16 - Nov 22 with 1067 viewsAndyconky

I'm born in Bristol, half Welsh, live in Yeovil, Swans fan for 38 years and a season ticket holder. Do you mind if I come to the game as usual on Saturday?

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

Back in the day on 14:19 - Nov 22 with 1051 viewsonehunglow

Back in the day on 14:12 - Nov 22 by trampie

Swansea votes Labour, Labour don't fully support a free Wales yet, but due to devolution and occasionally cuddling up to Plaid they might be slowly moving in that direction.

Some vote for other parties.
Incredible I know

Back in the day on 14:35 - Nov 22 with 1045 viewstrampie

Back in the day on 14:16 - Nov 22 by Andyconky

I'm born in Bristol, half Welsh, live in Yeovil, Swans fan for 38 years and a season ticket holder. Do you mind if I come to the game as usual on Saturday?

Fine by me, unless you fly sectarian flags that is.

Back in the day on 14:37 - Nov 22 with 1044 viewsAndyconky

No mate not me

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

Back in the day on 14:45 - Nov 22 with 1020 viewsKeithHaynes

Back in the day on 14:16 - Nov 22 by Andyconky

I will guarantee you safe passage Conky.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Back in the day on 14:46 - Nov 22 with 1018 viewsKeithHaynes

Thing is mate, your coming at it from a political stand point.
Which is the whole problem, regardless of the viewpoint.

Back in the day on 14:48 - Nov 22 with 1015 viewsLohengrin

Back in the day on 14:45 - Nov 22 by KeithHaynes

I will guarantee you safe passage Conky.

Lend him a leek like Max Boyce’s old stage prop. It will help him slip by Trampie’s picket on Fabian Way.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Back in the day on 14:50 - Nov 22 with 1011 viewsKeithHaynes

Back in the day on 14:48 - Nov 22 by Lohengrin

Lend him a leek like Max Boyce’s old stage prop. It will help him slip by Trampie’s picket on Fabian Way.

I like the idea of leeks at football matches. I’ve known Conky for over 25 years, top chap and has never faltered in his support of the swans. Maybe a leek and bully beef casserole on match days 🤭😉

Back in the day on 14:57 - Nov 22 with 994 viewsBoundy

I believe Trampie doesn't live in Swansea , so where is the acceptable border ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Back in the day on 15:00 - Nov 22 with 987 viewsjack_lord

Back in the day on 14:57 - Nov 22 by Boundy

I believe Trampie doesn't live in Swansea , so where is the acceptable border ?

Wherever Trampie lives, just before there is the border.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Back in the day on 15:12 - Nov 22 with 972 viewstrampie

Back in the day on 14:46 - Nov 22 by KeithHaynes

Thing is mate, your coming at it from a political stand point.
Which is the whole problem, regardless of the viewpoint.

I don't or never have taken a flag to a Swansea game, a Wales international yes.
The people that are coming at it from a political point of view buttie are the ones with union jacks, red hand flags, I'm pointing out that taking those flags into the home end of a Welsh team can be antagonising to some of our fanbase.

I'm all for equality but football is tribal, I would say taking Welsh flags to a game involving a Welsh team ok, taking non Welsh flags to a Welsh club team game - hmm ok then, but taking non Welsh flags to a Welsh team club game that is associated with our rivals is not a politically correct thing to do imo.

Back in the day on 15:16 - Nov 22 with 964 viewsKeithHaynes

Back in the day on 15:12 - Nov 22 by trampie

I don't or never have taken a flag to a Swansea game, a Wales international yes.
The people that are coming at it from a political point of view buttie are the ones with union jacks, red hand flags, I'm pointing out that taking those flags into the home end of a Welsh team can be antagonising to some of our fanbase.

I'm all for equality but football is tribal, I would say taking Welsh flags to a game involving a Welsh team ok, taking non Welsh flags to a Welsh club team game - hmm ok then, but taking non Welsh flags to a Welsh team club game that is associated with our rivals is not a politically correct thing to do imo.

My mate takes a welsh flag with Oxford United on it to most home games.
As long as politics are the issue, flags of all persuasions will also be an issue.

Back in the day on 15:25 - Nov 22 with 951 viewsbuilthjack

Back in the day on 15:16 - Nov 22 by KeithHaynes

My mate takes a welsh flag with Oxford United on it to most home games.
As long as politics are the issue, flags of all persuasions will also be an issue.

A chap I know is a Derby fan. But Welsh. He takes his Welsh Ram flag home and away. Plus to Wales games. Its a Welsh flag. He had some bother years ago off Derby fans but he's a handy lad.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Back in the day on 15:29 - Nov 22 with 946 viewsKeithHaynes

Back in the day on 15:25 - Nov 22 by builthjack

A chap I know is a Derby fan. But Welsh. He takes his Welsh Ram flag home and away. Plus to Wales games. Its a Welsh flag. He had some bother years ago off Derby fans but he's a handy lad.

A proper sheepshagger then, lovely stuff.

Back in the day on 15:48 - Nov 22 with 913 viewsonehunglow

Back in the day on 15:29 - Nov 22 by KeithHaynes

I had a massive Catalan Wales flag with Wirral Jacks on it. Still got it.
Had an issue at Anfield not surprisingly . Clowns for stewards

Back in the day on 15:49 - Nov 22 with 920 viewsmax936

Back in the day on 15:29 - Nov 22 by KeithHaynes

"A proper sheepshagger" 1 2 3 .............

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Back in the day on 16:48 - Nov 22 with 875 viewsCatullus

What has Swansea voting Labour got to do with following the Swans?

What if a Swansea fan lives in Felixstowe, or Cadiz? Bradford or London? What if they're half Welsh and half English and support the Swans and England?

Swansea is a Welsh club but only fools object to non Swansea or non Welsh fold supporting our club. When that dislike is mostly targeted at English people, what do we call it.

Besides anything else I call it hateful and unwanted.

Back in the day we had thousands of Welsh soldiers, sailors and Airmen going to war for Great Britain and we still have very many brave men and women who join up to serve this country (UK) are any of them allowed to support Swansea?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Back in the day on 16:54 - Nov 22 with 859 viewsonehunglow

Back in the day on 16:48 - Nov 22 by Catullus

What has Swansea voting Labour got to do with following the Swans?

What if a Swansea fan lives in Felixstowe, or Cadiz? Bradford or London? What if they're half Welsh and half English and support the Swans and England?

Swansea is a Welsh club but only fools object to non Swansea or non Welsh fold supporting our club. When that dislike is mostly targeted at English people, what do we call it.

Besides anything else I call it hateful and unwanted.

Back in the day we had thousands of Welsh soldiers, sailors and Airmen going to war for Great Britain and we still have very many brave men and women who join up to serve this country (UK) are any of them allowed to support Swansea?

What about the Wirral mun.
Quite a few Jacks here and we contribute to the welsh economy too.

I’ve met fans at games from all over the GB many of whom with English accents..

Back in the day on 17:29 - Nov 22 with 830 viewstrampie

Back in the day on 16:54 - Nov 22 by onehunglow

What about the Wirral mun.
Quite a few Jacks here and we contribute to the welsh economy too.

I’ve met fans at games from all over the GB many of whom with English accents..

Have you heard the accent from below the Landsker Line ?, some of them could pass for English people based on accent, there again Swansea 'mushers' accent could pass for something that little green men from Mars would speak.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 17:31]

Back in the day on 17:45 - Nov 22 with 788 viewsCatullus

Back in the day on 17:29 - Nov 22 by trampie

Have you heard the accent from below the Landsker Line ?, some of them could pass for English people based on accent, there again Swansea 'mushers' accent could pass for something that little green men from Mars would speak.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 17:31]

Here we go, we're below the Landsker line so we're not proper Welsh either is it? That must mean that even Swansea people can't support Swansea then, or maybe Swansea itself isn't Welsh so we need to move it to the other side of the dyke or the bridge.

I would love to get a DNA test done on you and see just how Welsh you actually are.

My paternal great grandparents were English, that makes me part English. How do you feel about that?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Back in the day on 17:57 - Nov 22 with 754 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Back in the day on 17:45 - Nov 22 by Catullus

Here we go, we're below the Landsker line so we're not proper Welsh either is it? That must mean that even Swansea people can't support Swansea then, or maybe Swansea itself isn't Welsh so we need to move it to the other side of the dyke or the bridge.

I would love to get a DNA test done on you and see just how Welsh you actually are.

My paternal great grandparents were English, that makes me part English. How do you feel about that?

Dear Catullus,

I have English blood in my lineage. There are also people from Poland and Ghana in my extended family and some Jewish people, yet the club continues to sell me season tickets.

I'm going to hand myself in tomorrow morning. I suggest you go on the run.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 18:24]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Back in the day on 18:03 - Nov 22 with 745 viewsAguycalledJack

To my mind any country’s flag that merely saids Swansea, Swansea afc, jack army etc on it whether it be the welsh, Scottish, Union Jack, st George, Russian, Spanish, Dutch, Republic of Ireland Northern Ireland etc is more than welcome in the Swansea home/ away end. We have fans from all over the place.

My mate is welsh, lives in London and his son who is a swans fan and cockney as they come Wears his kit to school with pride whilst his mates wear their Chelsea. Arsenal and Spurs kits. And he gets stick for it. He identifies as English as that is where he was born. So why should he not be able to fly the st George or Union Jack at the stadium if he wants to?

Just keep the politics out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024