Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks 16:36 - Nov 25 with 2997 viewstrampie

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 23:23 - Nov 26 with 1289 viewsLittleEnglandJack

"Wales lost out in the past when coal was king" is honestly one of the most historically illiterate things I've ever heard. Without the coal industry and related industries Wales may well have remained a rural backwater with a small population and poor infrastructure. A huge percentage of our population is in some way descended from people who came from outside Wales to work in the mines & associated industries, and a lot of the infrastructure we still use today is a result of it.

Nobody is saying coal mining was glamorous but it brought employment and dignity to hundreds of thousands of working men in Wales over the years and for the most part made it possible for young men to stay in their local areas- or at least their own country- as opposed to say Ireland where millions were forced to emigrate to make a life for themselves.

Of course the vast majority of the profit ended up in the hands of a tiny minority of toffs, but this was a period in which working people all over the UK were generally screwed over. On balance Wales did alright out of the coal industry, thankyou very much. We quite literally wouldn't be the country we are without it.
End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 04:11 - Nov 27 with 1258 viewsKilkennyjack

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 23:23 - Nov 26 by LittleEnglandJack

"Wales lost out in the past when coal was king" is honestly one of the most historically illiterate things I've ever heard. Without the coal industry and related industries Wales may well have remained a rural backwater with a small population and poor infrastructure. A huge percentage of our population is in some way descended from people who came from outside Wales to work in the mines & associated industries, and a lot of the infrastructure we still use today is a result of it.

Nobody is saying coal mining was glamorous but it brought employment and dignity to hundreds of thousands of working men in Wales over the years and for the most part made it possible for young men to stay in their local areas- or at least their own country- as opposed to say Ireland where millions were forced to emigrate to make a life for themselves.

Of course the vast majority of the profit ended up in the hands of a tiny minority of toffs, but this was a period in which working people all over the UK were generally screwed over. On balance Wales did alright out of the coal industry, thankyou very much. We quite literally wouldn't be the country we are without it.

No Cymru did lose out big time.

If the coal wealth in Cymru had stayed in Cymru, then Cymru would be like modern day Dubai, minus the sun.

Giving us the coal tips to clean up is the final insult.

Feck westmonster.

Beware of the Risen People

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 08:11 - Nov 27 with 1241 viewsfelixstowe_jack

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 04:11 - Nov 27 by Kilkennyjack

If the coal wealth in Cymru had stayed in Cymru, then Cymru would be like modern day Dubai, minus the sun.

Feck westmonster.

I think everyone is glad we did not end up like dubai. No human rights, no women's rights, no democracy. Ruled by tyrants who keep all the oil wealth . Their treatment of minorities and anyone who disagrees with the state view can be jailed without trial. Totally intolerant of any religion other than theirs.

Like most Welshmen pround to live in a free democracy.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 13:44 - Nov 28 with 1180 viewsTreforys_Jack

I've mentioned it before the documentaries presented by Huw Edwards are fantastic and makes me glad I was born when I was. Well worth a watch on Iplayer.
End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 14:21 - Nov 28 with 1164 viewsCatullus

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 04:11 - Nov 27 by Kilkennyjack

Feck westmonster.

You may be right but even so, you forget something very important. If Wales had stood as an independent, sovereign state and then coal was discovered, what would have happened? Exactly the same as did happen, the wealth would have been taken by the richest and hoarded away.

In the end, greed always wins.

You talk about Wales being like Dubai but Dubai has poor people too. Who does all the donkey work, the important jobs considered menial by the rich like rubbish collecting, sewerage works, working in supermarkets and shops, taxi and bus services?

https://www.successharbor.com/is-everyone-in-dubai-rich/

Dubai is a rich city but not everybody is rich and there are manufacturing jobs in the UAE with the lowest wages per sector in the world. Dubai doesn't have a minimum wage.

https://dubaiofw.com/minimum-wage-dubai/#:~:text=Dubai%20is%20a%20city%20in%20th

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 14:51 - Nov 28 with 1157 viewsKilkennyjack

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 08:11 - Nov 27 by felixstowe_jack

I think everyone is glad we did not end up like dubai. No human rights, no women's rights, no democracy. Ruled by tyrants who keep all the oil wealth . Their treatment of minorities and anyone who disagrees with the state view can be jailed without trial. Totally intolerant of any religion other than theirs.

Like most Welshmen pround to live in a free democracy.

Like Dubai in terms of wealth to spend, mun.

Nobody thinks wales would have had camels, all year around sunshine, arab headwear, and poor human rights. Fair play - nobody misses the point quite like you do.

You cant seriously be arguing that the huge coal wealth of wales should not have set up the future of wales forever (relatively).
Dubai are investing for their post oil future, instead welsh people in mining communities were left to rot.

Here is another Westmonster scandal/injustice for you …. HS2 …. Read it and weep ….

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 17:28 - Nov 28 with 1122 viewsTreforys_Jack

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 14:21 - Nov 28 by Catullus

You may be right but even so, you forget something very important. If Wales had stood as an independent, sovereign state and then coal was discovered, what would have happened? Exactly the same as did happen, the wealth would have been taken by the richest and hoarded away.

In the end, greed always wins.

You talk about Wales being like Dubai but Dubai has poor people too. Who does all the donkey work, the important jobs considered menial by the rich like rubbish collecting, sewerage works, working in supermarkets and shops, taxi and bus services?

https://www.successharbor.com/is-everyone-in-dubai-rich/

Dubai is a rich city but not everybody is rich and there are manufacturing jobs in the UAE with the lowest wages per sector in the world. Dubai doesn't have a minimum wage.

https://dubaiofw.com/minimum-wage-dubai/#:~:text=Dubai%20is%20a%20city%20in%20th

Don't be silly, cat mun, the coal mines would have had Welsh owners who would have shared the wealth with the entire population creating an utopia envied by the entire world. In kilks and trampies worlds anyway.
End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 17:43 - Nov 28 with 1110 viewsCatullus

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 14:51 - Nov 28 by Kilkennyjack

Like Dubai in terms of wealth to spend, mun.

Nobody thinks wales would have had camels, all year around sunshine, arab headwear, and poor human rights. Fair play - nobody misses the point quite like you do.

You cant seriously be arguing that the huge coal wealth of wales should not have set up the future of wales forever (relatively).
Dubai are investing for their post oil future, instead welsh people in mining communities were left to rot.

Here is another Westmonster scandal/injustice for you …. HS2 …. Read it and weep ….

You get even more ridiculous. Where did I say anything about Arab headwear, camels or any of that. You do like to avoid the points you have no idea about and chance of winning.

You said we could have been like Dubai, which by your own admission has poor human rights, not much of an ambition for Wales there.

The huge wealth would have ended up with the people who paid to set up the mines, with the landed gentry of the time.

Dubai is investing in the future of the rich people, just like happens in the UK. The poorest people will still be the poorest people doing all the so called menial yet highly important jobs. The rich people will cream off all the wealth.

London is a rich city, look at this link and tell me where Dubai is,

https://globehour.com/richest-cities-in-the-world/#:~:text=Shanghai%20is%20the%2

Yet in London we have massive poverty too. You really don't have a clue how the world works.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 17:49 - Nov 28 with 1100 viewsCatullus

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 17:28 - Nov 28 by Treforys_Jack

Don't be silly, cat mun, the coal mines would have had Welsh owners who would have shared the wealth with the entire population creating an utopia envied by the entire world. In kilks and trampies worlds anyway.

It's like the bloke is living on a different planet. He thinks Welsh people were all sweetness and light and would have treated each other like Bill and Ted and walked around saying "Be excellent to each other" when the reality was Welsh people were far too busy killing each other to defend the Principality against invaders.

Maybe I'm not drinking or smoking the right stuff

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 17:50 - Nov 28 with 1090 viewsunion_jack

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 17:49 - Nov 28 by Catullus

It's like the bloke is living on a different planet. He thinks Welsh people were all sweetness and light and would have treated each other like Bill and Ted and walked around saying "Be excellent to each other" when the reality was Welsh people were far too busy killing each other to defend the Principality against invaders.

🤣

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 20:36 - Nov 28 with 1038 viewsBoundy

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 17:49 - Nov 28 by Catullus

Mun

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 21:20 - Nov 28 with 1027 viewsDr_Winston

Anyone outside the CF postcode area who would rather be ruled by Cardiff than Westminster is a f*cking halfwit.

We've had 20+ years of knowledge and experience that demonstrate the WG's total indifference to anything other than the Glorification of Cardiff at the expense of everywhere else.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 09:34 - Nov 29 with 976 viewsKilkennyjack

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 21:20 - Nov 28 by Dr_Winston

Anyone outside the CF postcode area who would rather be ruled by Cardiff than Westminster is a f*cking halfwit.

We've had 20+ years of knowledge and experience that demonstrate the WG's total indifference to anything other than the Glorification of Cardiff at the expense of everywhere else.

Whereas westmonster has had an abusive relationship with Cymru for centuries.

20 years is still early days.

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 09:52 - Nov 29 with 971 viewsCatullus

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 09:34 - Nov 29 by Kilkennyjack

Whereas westmonster has had an abusive relationship with Cymru for centuries.

20 years is still early days.

Is it better for Wales to be abused by Westminster or by the Senedd?

One lot of expensive, rubbish politicians is enough.

The Senedd tried to reform LGA's but gave up quickly when the lesser pigs fought back. They buckled under the pressure. Yet they press ahead with things they want regardless of public opinion.
Here's a thought, why don't the Senedd give Wales a referendum on cutting back LGA's, a total reform. If the public back it democratically how can the councils refuse? Then they can cut the expensive upper management jobs and have more workers
If the Senedd did something that was actually better for Wales maybe more people would vote for them?

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 10:04 - Nov 29 with 966 viewsTreforys_Jack

End London rule - Leanne Wood speaks on 21:20 - Nov 28 by Dr_Winston

This !!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024