Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Obafemi thoughts today ? 18:28 - Nov 25 with 1076 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin on Michael Obafemi “We are doing everything we can to help him“ 25th Nov 2021 11:00
Russell Martin honestly answered the Michael Obafemi question that this site broke yesterday morning when it became clear he wasn’t to play any part in Barnsley last night. 1

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Michael Obafemi thoughts today ? on 09:48 - Nov 26 with 796 viewsAndyCole

A good read, as per.

The smart money is on Oba learning and kicking on, massively. A pretty unique talent, something that this team and system is crying out for. A lovely bloke too apparently.

We can be far too ponderous up top. Oba's dynamism, electric pace and predatory instincts could be the missing link to properly make a fist of it this term.

I'll send him a batch of the AC tapes, for inspiration. And maybe in return, he'll reciprocate with something of even greater value to the cause......

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Michael Obafemi thoughts today ? on 23:19 - Nov 29 with 641 viewsAndyCole

So, here we are, after yet another poor showing up top.

And not a peep on our most expensive signing by Martin, and from an EPL team, to boot.

So Martin's first choice #9, signed as THE (yes, I'm shouting this Sir J) alternative to Cooper's #9, Joel Piroe. Joel, unceremoniously stripped of the coveted #9 jersey on the eve of our inaugural EFL match of the season - the #9 jersey given instead to Oba, Martin's pick. FFS.

And yet the unthinking, blind faith crew continue to bury their heads, without a whisper.

For me, Oba has been mis-managed. With aplomb.

Shame on Martin for not doing more, or even appearing to do more to get the very best from our biggest £ signing. Most especially after how we had previously ditched Piroe.

Oba now deserves his chance. For me, I hope he stuffs Martin's balls up where it belongs.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Michael Obafemi thoughts today ? on 23:30 - Nov 29 with 630 viewsReslovenSwan1

Michael Obafemi thoughts today ? on 23:19 - Nov 29 by AndyCole

So, here we are, after yet another poor showing up top.

And not a peep on our most expensive signing by Martin, and from an EPL team, to boot.

So Martin's first choice #9, signed as THE (yes, I'm shouting this Sir J) alternative to Cooper's #9, Joel Piroe. Joel, unceremoniously stripped of the coveted #9 jersey on the eve of our inaugural EFL match of the season - the #9 jersey given instead to Oba, Martin's pick. FFS.

And yet the unthinking, blind faith crew continue to bury their heads, without a whisper.

For me, Oba has been mis-managed. With aplomb.

Shame on Martin for not doing more, or even appearing to do more to get the very best from our biggest £ signing. Most especially after how we had previously ditched Piroe.

Oba now deserves his chance. For me, I hope he stuffs Martin's balls up where it belongs.

Mis managed bunkum. Players are called professional for a reason. Do you believe a player should be upset and not getting a particular number on his back? It would bother me for about 5 seconds. Obafemi was given the easy slot of picking off tiring defenders and did not produce. He was given the chance to give some 18-19 year old s the runaround but failed.

Why is he failing? it is Martin's job to work that one out. He came at a surprising low price. We now know why. Asoso was sold at a knockdown price. Huge prospect once.

If He was a straight swap for Lowe at the moment that is not looking good business.

Garrick, Ollie Cooper and Cameron Evans are getting picked every week. The competition is not going to get any easier for Obafemi and Whitaker. Careers in the lower league beckons. They just need to fulfil their potential and have no regrets. .

Wise sage since Toshack era

Michael Obafemi thoughts today ? on 23:51 - Nov 29 with 620 viewsAndyCole

Michael Obafemi thoughts today ? on 23:30 - Nov 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Mis managed bunkum. Players are called professional for a reason. Do you believe a player should be upset and not getting a particular number on his back? It would bother me for about 5 seconds. Obafemi was given the easy slot of picking off tiring defenders and did not produce. He was given the chance to give some 18-19 year old s the runaround but failed.

Why is he failing? it is Martin's job to work that one out. He came at a surprising low price. We now know why. Asoso was sold at a knockdown price. Huge prospect once.

If He was a straight swap for Lowe at the moment that is not looking good business.

Garrick, Ollie Cooper and Cameron Evans are getting picked every week. The competition is not going to get any easier for Obafemi and Whitaker. Careers in the lower league beckons. They just need to fulfil their potential and have no regrets. .

The facts are:

- Piroe was pursued and acquired by Cooper
- Martin ditched Piroe on the eve of our inaugural game
- Martin stripped Piroe of the coveted #9 jersey - and gave it to Obafemi, his choice of #9

As we stand, Martin is again struggling with his front line options, having strayed from the winning Plan B.

And yet despite this most probably significant conundrum to our winning ways, the Twps on here continue to bury their heads. Bonkers.

Oba, Martin's chosen #9 needs to deliver, or Martin's fragile judgement will continue to erode his preciously manicured brand.

Michael Obafemi thoughts today ? on 08:05 - Nov 30 with 579 viewsmagicdaps10

Michael Obafemi thoughts today ? on 23:51 - Nov 29 by AndyCole

The facts are:

- Piroe was pursued and acquired by Cooper
- Martin ditched Piroe on the eve of our inaugural game
- Martin stripped Piroe of the coveted #9 jersey - and gave it to Obafemi, his choice of #9

As we stand, Martin is again struggling with his front line options, having strayed from the winning Plan B.

And yet despite this most probably significant conundrum to our winning ways, the Twps on here continue to bury their heads. Bonkers.

Oba, Martin's chosen #9 needs to deliver, or Martin's fragile judgement will continue to erode his preciously manicured brand.

Martin's no 9 choice was Obafemi, THE same Obafemi that we nearly signed in January when Cooper was manager?

I will just clarify that Obafemi was not Martin's first choice AND Piroe along with Kyle Joseph were not wanted by Cooper... Ultimately these 2 signings were one of a few reasons why Cooper decided he wanted out.
Cooper wanted the club to spend and spend more than was realistically available on a replacement for Ayew.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Michael Obafemi thoughts today ? on 10:05 - Nov 30 with 523 viewsTreforys_Jack

Michael Obafemi thoughts today ? on 23:30 - Nov 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Fair points
Michael Obafemi thoughts today ? on 11:25 - Nov 30 with 462 viewsBadlands

Obafemi was a player Swansea identified last season and was warmly accepted by the new management.
What baffles me, considering Obafemi's record, is why we went after hime and even more baffling why pay that money for him?
Is Southampton going to be the new Tottenham for us?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024