Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Times when you haven’t been at home for Christmas 15:20 - Dec 1 with 459 viewsKeithHaynes

Away, elsewhere, in a different place ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Times when you haven’t been at home for Christmas on 15:29 - Dec 1 with 439 viewsCountyJim

Lots of times working in Steelworks unfortunately Coke ovens can't stop worse Christmases where those I was double back night's onto afternoons

All other areas of a steelworks can stop but it would depend on the order book situation

It's very hard when you have young kids and Dad's in work in 15 years on 8 hours worked 13 Christmases

Now I'm working for NHS I'm in this Christmas day as well but off boxing Day
Times when you haven’t been at home for Christmas on 16:39 - Dec 1 with 395 viewsBoundy

Belfast 76 , other than that I've always considered my self lucky but then again home is where the heart is

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Times when you haven’t been at home for Christmas on 16:58 - Dec 1 with 385 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

I got sunburnt to buggery on the slopes of Mont Blanc one Christmas Eve.
Times when you haven’t been at home for Christmas on 18:49 - Dec 1 with 355 viewsCatullus

Times when you haven’t been at home for Christmas on 16:58 - Dec 1 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I got sunburnt to buggery on the slopes of Mont Blanc one Christmas Eve.

How did the sun get all the way up there?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Times when you haven’t been at home for Christmas on 21:10 - Dec 1 with 294 viewsmajorraglan

Never been “away” for Christmas, but over the last 30 years I’ve found myself working about 20 of the Christmas's. When I was single, I’d usually end up with a morning shift, a night shift or an evening shift 6pm/2am shift and I’d usually be happy to let the guys with little kids have the shifts off and I’d try to get the Boxing Day off.
When our first little fella came along, my first Christmas was nights on Christmas Eve and afternoons on Christmas Day. When the kids were little, I tried to avoid a morning shift on a Christmas Day so I could be there for the opening of the pressies, but it didn’t always work out. Lots of people including emergency services personnel, steel workers as County Jim highlighted have to work while others enjoy themselves.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024