Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freedom of Speech 17:56 - Dec 3 with 1561 viewsjack_lord

I'm all for it (being a centrist (maybe slightly left of) but should people/posters be allowed to voice/type information if it is prejudiced?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Freedom of Speech on 18:06 - Dec 3 with 1549 viewsCatullus

That's the thing with freedom of speech, it lets you see very clearly who the nut jobs and idiots are!

There are posters on here I'd happily buy a beer for (or a tea...Prof!) and posters whom I'd avoid at all costs. We are probably all in that boat.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Freedom of Speech on 18:42 - Dec 3 with 1520 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

We are all prejudiced in some way or another ( Swansea or Cardiff) if people are respectful, don't promote hate or are grossly insulting then fine. Discussion and debate are what helps us understand the perspective of others. We may change our view a bit.
I don't that it that seriously, it's a football forum and in the old jackarmy.net days was mostly light-hearted.
As for content, I'm quote capable of doing my own research and making my own mind up.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Freedom of Speech on 18:44 - Dec 3 with 1517 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Say what you want as long as it’s not libellous, threatening or otherwise illegal.
Freedom of Speech on 18:56 - Dec 3 with 1500 viewsSirjohnalot

FoS is often misunderstood. People are free to say what they want subject to restrictions, hate speech, racist, homophobic, threats to kill, defamation etc none of which have any place in decent society.

The anti Vaxers on here really aggravate me but, of course they should be allowed to post. I try not to answer or respond to them as, in my opinion, they’re lunatics. They’re free to call me whatever they want, sheep, blind, asleep etc. I’ve no problem with that. As I’ve said before, I don’t know how many different posts can be posted essentially saying the same thing, but all people have to do is not respond to them.

Like a previous poster, there’s a few on here, I’d be happy to have a brew with, and others, not so much.
Freedom of Speech on 19:13 - Dec 3 with 1494 viewsLohengrin

Freedom of Speech on 18:56 - Dec 3 by Sirjohnalot

FoS is often misunderstood. People are free to say what they want subject to restrictions, hate speech, racist, homophobic, threats to kill, defamation etc none of which have any place in decent society.

The anti Vaxers on here really aggravate me but, of course they should be allowed to post. I try not to answer or respond to them as, in my opinion, they’re lunatics. They’re free to call me whatever they want, sheep, blind, asleep etc. I’ve no problem with that. As I’ve said before, I don’t know how many different posts can be posted essentially saying the same thing, but all people have to do is not respond to them.

Like a previous poster, there’s a few on here, I’d be happy to have a brew with, and others, not so much.

The problem with ‘hate speech’ is how it is defined and by who, John?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Freedom of Speech on 19:32 - Dec 3 with 1480 viewsonehunglow

Freedom of Speech on 19:13 - Dec 3 by Lohengrin

The problem with ‘hate speech’ is how it is defined and by who, John?

Indeed

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Freedom of Speech on 19:44 - Dec 3 with 1463 viewsSirjohnalot

Freedom of Speech on 19:32 - Dec 3 by onehunglow

Indeed

By Parliament, and then by a court, tested in front of a jury/ Magistrates.

Most of it is obvious, the ‘all Muslims are terrorists’ brigade for example. Most other stuff, despite media coverage isn’t an offence.

The word ‘insulting’ has been removed from the public order act. It used to be an offence to use ‘threatening , abusive, insulting, words of behaviour’ which is a good thing as it shouldn’t be an offence to insult someone (my wife would be doing life) Its also not an offence for someone to be offended.
Freedom of Speech on 19:54 - Dec 3 with 1450 viewsCountyJim

Freedom of Speech on 19:44 - Dec 3 by Sirjohnalot

Most of it is obvious, the ‘all Muslims are terrorists’ brigade for example. Most other stuff, despite media coverage isn’t an offence.

The word ‘insulting’ has been removed from the public order act. It used to be an offence to use ‘threatening , abusive, insulting, words of behaviour’ which is a good thing as it shouldn’t be an offence to insult someone (my wife would be doing life) Its also not an offence for someone to be offended.

Yes if a Muslim cleric makes a speech it's hate yet if a far right white man makes a speech which offeneds your woke if you complain
Login to get fewer ads

Freedom of Speech on 20:00 - Dec 3 with 1447 viewsSirjohnalot

Freedom of Speech on 19:54 - Dec 3 by CountyJim

Yes if a Muslim cleric makes a speech it's hate yet if a far right white man makes a speech which offeneds your woke if you complain

I’m not often in the Magistrates Court these days but the bread and butter down there is full of domestic violence, drunks and these horrible racists. They’re normally quite straightforward as the idiots film themselves doing it.
Freedom of Speech on 20:20 - Dec 3 with 1425 viewsFlashberryjack

Freedom of Speech on 19:54 - Dec 3 by CountyJim

With respect... I think you've got that ar*e backwards.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Freedom of Speech on 21:25 - Dec 3 with 1368 viewsDJack

Freedom of Speech on 20:20 - Dec 3 by Flashberryjack

With respect Flash, on both boards you've struggled with your understanding of"free speech".

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Freedom of Speech on 21:30 - Dec 3 with 1353 viewsFlashberryjack

Freedom of Speech on 21:25 - Dec 3 by DJack

With respect Flash, on both boards you've struggled with your understanding of"free speech".

It's just a matter of opinion my old mate.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Freedom of Speech on 21:38 - Dec 3 with 1350 viewsLohengrin

Freedom of Speech on 19:44 - Dec 3 by Sirjohnalot

That’s a delightfully twee notion, John, but I’m afraid the decision as to what views may or may not be aired in the public squares of the English-speaking world was virtually ceded to Big Tech some five years or so ago.

These politicians that inhabit the various parliaments, senates and assemblies mostly run along behind hoping to curry favour with the purse string holders.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Freedom of Speech on 21:54 - Dec 3 with 1322 viewsSirjohnalot

Freedom of Speech on 21:38 - Dec 3 by Lohengrin

That’s a delightfully twee notion, John, but I’m afraid the decision as to what views may or may not be aired in the public squares of the English-speaking world was virtually ceded to Big Tech some five years or so ago.

These politicians that inhabit the various parliaments, senates and assemblies mostly run along behind hoping to curry favour with the purse string holders.

Yes and no, I’ve no doubt this government would sell its soul to make a quick buck which is why they’re eager to destroy judicial review and reduce the power of the Supreme Court. They’re also determined to remove the Human Rights Act and continually ridicule ‘lefty do good lawyers’ (one of which I’m proud to be. Doesn’t stop them using us when they are in trouble.

Law also gets evolved through case law, cases being appealed to the Royal Courts of Justice.

Not entirely sure I follow the ceding to the big tech point, but that could just be me being tŵp
Freedom of Speech on 22:35 - Dec 3 with 1298 viewsDJack

Freedom of Speech on 21:30 - Dec 3 by Flashberryjack

It's just a matter of opinion my old mate.

Actually it's not. In some cases it's a matter of law and that trump's opinion.

That said, buddy, I'm always happy to here your thoughts...

Even if sometimes I bang my head against the wall...I suspect that is mutual. 👍

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Freedom of Speech on 04:08 - Dec 4 with 1254 viewsRonaldStump

There is absolutely nobody on here I wouldn't have a beer with. We all share one thing in common and that is our love of the Swans!! I know that feeling wouldn't be recipricated by some but that is their loss at the end of the day. I don't recall a time when I've not got on with someone I've met especially at the football.

Just because I am a free thinker and know what's REALLY going on in the world doesn't make me a bad person, and I don't actually blame the people who think that of me. The government and main stream media are the ones pushing this divide, they've done it for years, black white, gay straight, far right far left etc etc

Even though things are pretty shite at the moment in this world I do see a much better world on the other side of it which doesn't include the filth and tyrants at the root of all this BS currently going on.

There will be tough times ahead I've no doubt but the good people will come through victorious .
Love peace and togetherness for all!! Apart from derby day!

(He She Him)

Freedom of Speech on 07:58 - Dec 4 with 1236 viewsDJack

Freedom of Speech on 04:08 - Dec 4 by RonaldStump

There is absolutely nobody on here I wouldn't have a beer with. We all share one thing in common and that is our love of the Swans!! I know that feeling wouldn't be recipricated by some but that is their loss at the end of the day. I don't recall a time when I've not got on with someone I've met especially at the football.

Just because I am a free thinker and know what's REALLY going on in the world doesn't make me a bad person, and I don't actually blame the people who think that of me. The government and main stream media are the ones pushing this divide, they've done it for years, black white, gay straight, far right far left etc etc

Even though things are pretty shite at the moment in this world I do see a much better world on the other side of it which doesn't include the filth and tyrants at the root of all this BS currently going on.

There will be tough times ahead I've no doubt but the good people will come through victorious .
Love peace and togetherness for all!! Apart from derby day!

Builthy has already afforded you an opportunity. Take it and see what you both learn.

Freedom of Speech on 09:09 - Dec 4 with 1213 viewsCatullus

Freedom of Speech on 20:20 - Dec 3 by Flashberryjack

Surely it depends what both people have said? A Muslim cleric can do hate speech just as easily as a far right white man.

Hate isn't confined to white "Christian" types. Al Qaida and ISIS had plenty of clerics spouting their hate.
There are far too many "Christian" white supremacists around too mind.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Freedom of Speech on 10:34 - Dec 4 with 1196 viewsRonaldStump

Freedom of Speech on 07:58 - Dec 4 by DJack

Builthy has already afforded you an opportunity. Take it and see what you both learn.

No problem with that at all

keep up at the back

(He She Him)

Freedom of Speech on 10:47 - Dec 4 with 1192 viewsCatullus

Freedom of Speech on 07:58 - Dec 4 by DJack

He wouldn't meet me at the football either. I wonder why? I won't make the offer again, twice was enough and I learned all I needed to.

Some people are just best ignored.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024