Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arthur Labinjo-Hughes 11:00 - Dec 4 with 2125 viewsonehunglow

Why has this not been subject of a thread until now.
A boy is tortured to death
He is spawned from a couple who should never procreate
His natural mother already serving time for manslaughter of her "partner"
Social services MISSS the injuries.
Police dismiss the case

The lad dies and his torture is filmed. FILMED.

The Court gives 21 yrs for manslaughter for make and 29 for this bitch killerThis means she will be out before she is truly old. Justice eh

Imagine the Barrister defending them. Is there a satisfaction in clients getting sentences that are les than most decent people want and that would see justice for this poor lad.

Nobody asks to come into the world and we need t.o understand the implications fully.

This country,its people,its Justice system stands damned by this and it shows how we are no longer shocked by this horror.Why is that. If we do not protect our young then we are all tainted every one of us.

This is a bad day for us all as Im assuming there wont be outraged middle class warriors on the streets protesting as they do for climate change/insulating houses not to mention the other matters .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 19:44 - Dec 4 with 696 viewsonehunglow

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 18:30 - Dec 4 by Sirjohnalot

As I’ve ask before. We have no choice. We are professionally obligated to take the case unless is outside our capabilities eg.

Phrases like ‘devious barristers’ and ‘breed apart’ do you a disservice as you seem a decent person. It’s really not fair. If you can explain what their barristers did wrong here ? I sound like a stuck record but had it not been for a devious Barister Couzens would have ran a trial. He was properly advised to enter a guilty plea.

Re judges being held to account the sentences have been refereed as being too lenient.

Judges held to account ?
Every time?
How will this judge be judged

I stand by everything I say. It would be a moral dilemma to take on a case of such horror and be paid well for it. The narrative Barristers are not does not wash.

I am questioning the profession not the individual ,of that make no mistake. Be aware of my history and knowledge of barristers ,the system and how it works.

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 20:04 - Dec 4 with 672 viewsSirjohnalot

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 19:44 - Dec 4 by onehunglow

Judges held to account ?
Every time?
How will this judge be judged

I stand by everything I say. It would be a moral dilemma to take on a case of such horror and be paid well for it. The narrative Barristers are not does not wash.

I am questioning the profession not the individual ,of that make no mistake. Be aware of my history and knowledge of barristers ,the system and how it works.

There are good and bad judges the same in any job. That’s why there’s systems in place to ensure sentences are just.

As I’ve said we have to take on cases that we’re instructed on. The fee is fixed and out of that we have to pay chambers rent, staff etc.

Let me ask you this, were you ever tasked to arrest someone you didn’t want to ? I’ve represented women who’ve flipped and attacked their husbands after years of DV plus a man who killed a burglar who broke into his house. Should I question the profession of the police ? No.

Do you honestly think we spend countless weeks working through these files having to meet these people and it not affecting us ? Do you not think I’ve colleagues who have left with stress as a result of the stuff we read ? Do you not think some of the trials I’ve done won’t stay with me ?

We’re self employed, if we are off we get nothing. Do you really think any fee we get in any way compensates for some of what we see.

I’m aware of your history and knowledge of barristers, but I also have close to 20 years doing this and I also have a knowledge of them and also some very dodgy coppers. I don’t think all police are the same.

What would have as an alternative? Just the police giving evidence and no one to defend ?
Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 20:17 - Dec 4 with 668 viewstheloneranger

"Arthur Labinjo-Jones: Prison sentences of six-year-old's killers to be reviewed by Attorney General"

https://news.sky.com/story/arthur-labinjo-hughes-should-have-been-top-priority-f
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 20:20]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 20:26 - Dec 4 with 655 viewsSirjohnalot

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 20:17 - Dec 4 by theloneranger

"Arthur Labinjo-Jones: Prison sentences of six-year-old's killers to be reviewed by Attorney General"

https://news.sky.com/story/arthur-labinjo-hughes-should-have-been-top-priority-f
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 20:20]

Forgot to include that. This is what I mean re checks and balances to ensure sentences are just. Court Appeal may not do anything but the barristers are there to endure justice is done
Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 21:31 - Dec 4 with 627 viewsonehunglow

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 20:26 - Dec 4 by Sirjohnalot

Forgot to include that. This is what I mean re checks and balances to ensure sentences are just. Court Appeal may not do anything but the barristers are there to endure justice is done

Barrister are there for their clients and their clients alone.

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 21:43 - Dec 4 with 620 viewsSirjohnalot

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 21:31 - Dec 4 by onehunglow

Barrister are there for their clients and their clients alone.

We are there to represent our client without fear nor favour. Tell me honestly, if a female celebrity eg who you arrested , accused you of sexually assaulting you, the papers were all over it, you were labelled a monster…public mood was anti police etc How would you want me to approach your case ?

Would you want me to be there for my client and client alone ?

One thing we do not do is mislead the court

I fear that nothing I say will convince you that we’re all not corrupt and purposely lie at every point.

[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 21:44]
Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 21:49 - Dec 4 with 611 viewsDr_Winston

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 21:43 - Dec 4 by Sirjohnalot

We are there to represent our client without fear nor favour. Tell me honestly, if a female celebrity eg who you arrested , accused you of sexually assaulting you, the papers were all over it, you were labelled a monster…public mood was anti police etc How would you want me to approach your case ?

I fear that nothing I say will convince you that we’re all not corrupt and purposely lie at every point.

It's almost frightening how little regard someone who spent a few years as a serving police officer has for the judicial process. How many people do you think were "fitted up" during his time on the force?

Not that I think he had any hand in it mind. Any defence brief worth their salt on Merseyside must have given a silent prayer of thanks when they found out that he was going to be a witness in any case that they were working.

Almost guaranteed acquittal.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 21:57 - Dec 4 with 605 viewsonehunglow

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 21:43 - Dec 4 by Sirjohnalot

Then you are wrong to feel so.For a man of your intelligence and training you seem to misinterpret much what I post.Many do,Id expect it of the less astute but not you.

I know what Barristers do.I have chums who work in Chambers ,still.

I know judges too and met one on holiday and spent an evening with him and family.

Never underestimate me Jon,and dont listen to the likes of Winston with whom Ive crossed swords for 15 years.FIFTEEN YEARS. We need each other.

I raised the moral questions about why people beget kids for whom there is no hope ,why victims are pilloried and left forlorn.
Why are victims not properly compensated.
Why are we seeing demos for relatively trivial matters and yet not for matters like this. It is a national scandal every bit as bad as alleged institutionalised racism in public bodies.

Why did we not get what was promised when Silverman's bill was passed,which was Life Imprisonment should be just that.

Law are passed by Politicians legally trained and are arcane for a reason;it needs a Court and it's learned counsel to determine what specific words mean in reality. You will never convince me Barristers primary aim is justice.The very thought is ludicrous .

When in shite, at Court,we need our Counsel to do whatever he/she can to have a not guilty verdict and if not as light a sentence as possible.

Imagine ,if you will,defending thee two in the case Ive mentioned.

Login to get fewer ads

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 21:58 - Dec 4 with 605 viewsSirjohnalot

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 21:49 - Dec 4 by Dr_Winston

It's almost frightening how little regard someone who spent a few years as a serving police officer has for the judicial process. How many people do you think were "fitted up" during his time on the force?

Not that I think he had any hand in it mind. Any defence brief worth their salt on Merseyside must have given a silent prayer of thanks when they found out that he was going to be a witness in any case that they were working.

Almost guaranteed acquittal.

Percentage wise there’s probably as many dodgy lawyers as there are dodgy police.

I can understand police officers frustration at a case they’ve worked on being taken to court and it not resulting in a conviction. However, that’s often down to problems in the evidence witnesses not coming across well or the jury simply not knowing.

It’s not the fault of the barrister in court. We are given instructions by our client. If we are told they’re guilt by him, we cannot put it to the court that he’s not guilty. We cannot misled the court.
Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 22:00 - Dec 4 with 600 viewsonehunglow

Court Adjourned .
Hopefully I can catch you,all being well at Hudds.
I have your number,I know a decent pub to chat just dont bring your silk and wig. I shall be casual but smart.

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 22:02 - Dec 4 with 595 viewsSirjohnalot

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 22:00 - Dec 4 by onehunglow

Court Adjourned .
Hopefully I can catch you,all being well at Hudds.
I have your number,I know a decent pub to chat just dont bring your silk and wig. I shall be casual but smart.

Not a problem. Have a good one
Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 16:45 - Dec 5 with 534 viewsJack123

Got the villa Leicester game on, and they stopped the game in the sixth minute, and the fans were singing 'we love you Arthur we do' Fair play. Lets hope nothing like this happens again.

libera nos a malo

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 17:17 - Dec 5 with 515 viewsonehunglow

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 16:45 - Dec 5 by Jack123

Got the villa Leicester game on, and they stopped the game in the sixth minute, and the fans were singing 'we love you Arthur we do' Fair play. Lets hope nothing like this happens again.

But it will.
There are kids suffering horrendous abuse as we type on our laptops surrounded by loving family.

At least there will be an appeal against this outrageous sentence .

If Judges are truly assessed and judged then this one needs sacking immediately.

This was a case where whole life should be the only sentence.That it isnt shames us each and every one of us.

Let' s start respecting kids and their right not be be abused in this way.

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 17:31 - Dec 5 with 497 viewsJack123

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 17:17 - Dec 5 by onehunglow

But it will.
There are kids suffering horrendous abuse as we type on our laptops surrounded by loving family.

At least there will be an appeal against this outrageous sentence .

If Judges are truly assessed and judged then this one needs sacking immediately.

This was a case where whole life should be the only sentence.That it isnt shames us each and every one of us.

Let' s start respecting kids and their right not be be abused in this way.

I agree a whole life sentence. I did notice on the news they were saying that because it was in a lockdown period, when the bastards were doing such things, it wasn't picked up by the school.

I don't know, but I feel all of us have let this child down, because what happened should never happen.

My main blame would be with social services, who didn't act on reports of ill treatment. How did we let them get to the stage, where they don't act on reports of a child being mistreated.

libera nos a malo

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 18:22 - Dec 5 with 476 viewsonehunglow

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 17:31 - Dec 5 by Jack123

I agree a whole life sentence. I did notice on the news they were saying that because it was in a lockdown period, when the bastards were doing such things, it wasn't picked up by the school.

I don't know, but I feel all of us have let this child down, because what happened should never happen.

My main blame would be with social services, who didn't act on reports of ill treatment. How did we let them get to the stage, where they don't act on reports of a child being mistreated.

Fair comment.
My overriding concern is that we are almost diffident over these incidents .
We forget tragedies all too easily.
Not long ago a 12 yr old girl gets stabbed yep to death after waiting for Christmas lights to get switched on lTributes are paid at sports events then….back to default.

Why do we have parents like this at all who film their murder.

A court room is a sanitised environment well away from the stench of death

Social Services can’t take all the blame,they didn’t kill the kid. Police are now not much more than social workers tasked with sorting out the vacuous lives of utter scum .

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 18:33 - Dec 5 with 472 viewsJack123

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 18:22 - Dec 5 by onehunglow

Fair comment.
My overriding concern is that we are almost diffident over these incidents .
We forget tragedies all too easily.
Not long ago a 12 yr old girl gets stabbed yep to death after waiting for Christmas lights to get switched on lTributes are paid at sports events then….back to default.

Why do we have parents like this at all who film their murder.

A court room is a sanitised environment well away from the stench of death

Social Services can’t take all the blame,they didn’t kill the kid. Police are now not much more than social workers tasked with sorting out the vacuous lives of utter scum .

But as a society, when crimes like this happen, we have to take the blame, because it's our fault.. What could be put in place I don't know, but one thing is for sure, we have to protect defenceless children from monsters.

Especially when the warning signs are there.

libera nos a malo

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 12:33 - Dec 6 with 396 viewsLohengrin

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 17:45 - Dec 4 by KeithHaynes

I’m still trying to get my head round an acting sgt in their early twenties on nights trying to make a call on the hundreds of jobs on the table when all they have is a handful of resources due to cut backs. That’s the reality.

People can blame all they want, and in whichever direction they choose. The real issue is expenditure at source, and our superb public workers, no matter their appointment will always be the fodder. Shit travels down, not up.

And this is why this poor child is dead, his last words destroyed me when I read them today. I couldn’t care tbh about who there is to blame, that’s just an agenda of those that use these things to prove a point. A point that if had they had those decisions to make they wouldn’t, or couldn’t. Because they would be fast asleep safely in their beds in a protected democracy, dreaming up their next heap of rubbish just to make themselves feel justified.

This is about a child killed by people who should be swinging and therefore no longer a public financial burden. In this case for me there is no argument. Looking to blame those who try their very best to do their best is disgusting.

Goodnight all.

It’s not as simple as putting it all down to an inexperienced, overwhelmed acting Sergeant on nights, Keith. Sonia Sodha in a measured and sobering piece in yesterday’s Observer was laying out how the little boy was just old enough to be able to describe what he was undergoing, and he did. Several relatives had made urgent, formal approaches to the school, social services and the police for an official and urgent intervention.

Now cuts notwithstanding that’s all three state branches of child protection had been contacted on numerous occasions by concerned relatives and the failure to act had, as I stated back in October, absolutely catastrophic consequences for the child.

Nobody that I have read has been using this as an opportunity to gratuitously knock the police, but surely the public are right to demand that a reporting/investigation procedure that has so obviously and spectacularly failed is overhauled?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 13:22 - Dec 6 with 371 viewsonehunglow

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 12:33 - Dec 6 by Lohengrin

It’s not as simple as putting it all down to an inexperienced, overwhelmed acting Sergeant on nights, Keith. Sonia Sodha in a measured and sobering piece in yesterday’s Observer was laying out how the little boy was just old enough to be able to describe what he was undergoing, and he did. Several relatives had made urgent, formal approaches to the school, social services and the police for an official and urgent intervention.

Now cuts notwithstanding that’s all three state branches of child protection had been contacted on numerous occasions by concerned relatives and the failure to act had, as I stated back in October, absolutely catastrophic consequences for the child.

Nobody that I have read has been using this as an opportunity to gratuitously knock the police, but surely the public are right to demand that a reporting/investigation procedure that has so obviously and spectacularly failed is overhauled?

Loh.
Nobody has even touched on my main point which is why we spawn people who do this in the first place.
As regards Police these days,I'm afraid in many cases they have lost the plot although most Home Secs in my lifetime never had it in the first place.

And...why dif the Judge NOT give whole life with no parole? Can he do so,if not why not and if not the case we need to change .

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 13:41 - Dec 6 with 368 viewsLohengrin

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 13:22 - Dec 6 by onehunglow

Loh.
Nobody has even touched on my main point which is why we spawn people who do this in the first place.
As regards Police these days,I'm afraid in many cases they have lost the plot although most Home Secs in my lifetime never had it in the first place.

And...why dif the Judge NOT give whole life with no parole? Can he do so,if not why not and if not the case we need to change .

Why? I suppose I could launch into some treatise on the moral philosophy of Hume, Kant or Mill but the bottom line is some wretched people are just wired up completely wrong. They have always been with us.

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 13:49 - Dec 6 with 359 viewsonehunglow

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 13:41 - Dec 6 by Lohengrin

Why? I suppose I could launch into some treatise on the moral philosophy of Hume, Kant or Mill but the bottom line is some wretched people are just wired up completely wrong. They have always been with us.

It seems we havent really progressed as a specie though.
We are the only to torture our offspring

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 13:51 - Dec 6 with 357 viewsLohengrin

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 13:49 - Dec 6 by onehunglow

It seems we havent really progressed as a specie though.
We are the only to torture our offspring

The most evolved of all the species but the least natural.

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 13:55 - Dec 6 with 351 viewsonehunglow

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes on 13:51 - Dec 6 by Lohengrin

The most evolved of all the species but the least natural.

I had in mind practising my new Piano but just changed my mind after reading that.
I need to get up to peed again to joust with you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024