Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this really "exciting football"? 17:32 - Dec 4 with 8226 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Once again, our possession of the ball was more than double that of our opponents.

Yet, once again, we only just managed to convert our colossal domination of the ball into more attacks than our opponents

From 67% possession, we yielded just 113 attacks. Yet, from just 33% possession, Middlesbrough yielded 104 attacks.

We had 103% more possession of the ball, yet attempted only 9% more attacks throughout the game. That's scandalous and certainly isn't "exciting football" in my opinion.

It is little wonder we have so many clean sheets despite having such a nonsensical defensive approach. Imagine how many more attacks teams would achieve against us if we weren't aimlessly keeping possession amongst our 5 centre backs for a significant portion of the match.

This isn't exciting football. Too many Swansea City supporters equate possession with "exciting football". I'm hesitant to use the word brainwashed, but some supporters have certainly been conditioned to think this way.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 17:33]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Is this really "exciting football"? on 17:35 - Dec 4 with 2623 viewsonehunglow

Cameron Tosh was crowing about how many passes we made today.
No points for passing Cam.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Is this really "exciting football"? on 18:28 - Dec 4 with 2549 viewsReslovenSwan1

Is this really "exciting football"? on 17:35 - Dec 4 by onehunglow

Cameron Tosh was crowing about how many passes we made today.
No points for passing Cam.

Anything is better than low quality trumpeter Wyndham.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Is this really "exciting football"? on 19:16 - Dec 4 with 2489 viewsmax936

Is this really "exciting football"? on 18:28 - Dec 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Anything is better than low quality trumpeter Wyndham.

Wyndham got passion for Swans. I'd rather hear/listen to him than some bland passionless oaf.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Is this really "exciting football"? on 19:56 - Dec 4 with 2439 viewsonehunglow

Cam is blander than bland made worse by the fact he wont say it as it is.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 20:33 - Dec 4 with 2402 viewsFireboy2

Did you go?

Of course you didn't, you don't even go to home games, I bet you are gutted that you can't see your beloved yernited anymore
Is this really "exciting football"? on 20:41 - Dec 4 with 2393 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

It was never about passing football when we wanted the change from cooper. It was about being a threat to the other team

Sadly at the moment sometimes we are and sometimes we’re not no matter whether we play short or long balls.

We need to be better next time, the signs are there that we can be, we just need to be better next time.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Is this really "exciting football"? on 20:44 - Dec 4 with 2390 viewsCatullus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 20:33 - Dec 4 by Fireboy2

Did you go?

Of course you didn't, you don't even go to home games, I bet you are gutted that you can't see your beloved yernited anymore

I find it hysterical that 2 posters on here who moan a lot about the club both have usernames of unconnected players, both Manyoo players.

I think they are on the wrong forum. Real Swansea fans, if choosing a player to base their names on would do a "Flynnidine" or choose Curt, Robbie, Ante, Trundle, Leon etc.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is this really "exciting football"? on 20:49 - Dec 4 with 2381 viewsBrynmill_Jack

It isn’t and that’s because our captain forces us more or less to play at walking speed and either passes to players whom are already under pressure or just backwards .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Is this really "exciting football"? on 21:03 - Dec 4 with 2366 viewsCatullus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 20:49 - Dec 4 by Brynmill_Jack

It isn’t and that’s because our captain forces us more or less to play at walking speed and either passes to players whom are already under pressure or just backwards .

Maybe it's time to play Downes, Smith and Ntcham?

I wonder if it's coincidence that Grimes was playing much better until he signed his new contract?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is this really "exciting football"? on 21:33 - Dec 4 with 2338 viewsFireboy2

Is this really "exciting football"? on 20:44 - Dec 4 by Catullus

I find it hysterical that 2 posters on here who moan a lot about the club both have usernames of unconnected players, both Manyoo players.

I think they are on the wrong forum. Real Swansea fans, if choosing a player to base their names on would do a "Flynnidine" or choose Curt, Robbie, Ante, Trundle, Leon etc.

Cat the people I met at the game today are gold, travelling over 320 miles and spending over 12 hrs on a bus, they are legend to me, whereas the trolls are lower than a snakes belly.
Is this really "exciting football"? on 21:41 - Dec 4 with 2325 viewsonehunglow

Is this really "exciting football"? on 21:33 - Dec 4 by Fireboy2

Cat the people I met at the game today are gold, travelling over 320 miles and spending over 12 hrs on a bus, they are legend to me, whereas the trolls are lower than a snakes belly.

Maybe they have no committments or are simply sick of the crap Martin puts out.
Why don't you simply be honest and quit the internet posing drivel .
If you are happy to go to a game then fine,others have a perfect right not to and they are just as decent a person as you might be.

Im hoping you let Martin know how you feel at the end of the game.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 21:46 - Dec 4 with 2322 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 20:41 - Dec 4 by PatchesOHoulihan

It was never about passing football when we wanted the change from cooper. It was about being a threat to the other team

Sadly at the moment sometimes we are and sometimes we’re not no matter whether we play short or long balls.

We need to be better next time, the signs are there that we can be, we just need to be better next time.

But we are now far less of a threat to the opposition.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Is this really "exciting football"? on 21:54 - Dec 4 with 2304 viewsbuilthjack

Martin wasn't brought in to get instant success. He is a low budget manager, and it will take him another couple of windows to get it anywhere near right.
Did people really think he could click his fingers and make if happen with the squad he has? No chance.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 22:01 - Dec 4 with 2302 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 21:54 - Dec 4 by builthjack

Martin wasn't brought in to get instant success. He is a low budget manager, and it will take him another couple of windows to get it anywhere near right.
Did people really think he could click his fingers and make if happen with the squad he has? No chance.

10 games we were told.

It’s now nearly Xmas after spending more money in this season than 99% of our football league seasons previously.

I see no reason why we wouldn’t be performing well with the squad we have. 21 league games is hardly “a click of the fingers”, that’s plenty of time to have learned from mistakes and worked on a sustainable way to play.

Loads of managers whole reigns were less than 21 games.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 22:03 - Dec 4 with 2302 viewsonehunglow

Is this really "exciting football"? on 22:01 - Dec 4 by Dr_Parnassus

10 games we were told.

It’s now nearly Xmas after spending more money in this season than 99% of our football league seasons previously.

I see no reason why we wouldn’t be performing well with the squad we have. 21 league games is hardly “a click of the fingers”, that’s plenty of time to have learned from mistakes and worked on a sustainable way to play.

It is what is really grinding my gears
Martin was and continues to make excuses and never accepts blame himself.

It is staggering

Is this really "exciting football"? on 22:09 - Dec 4 with 2289 viewsbuilthjack

Is this really "exciting football"? on 22:01 - Dec 4 by Dr_Parnassus

10 games we were told.

Who told you 10 games?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 22:13 - Dec 4 with 2287 viewsDr_Parnassus

Goal attempts under Cooper after 21 games (an average between season 1 and 2) - 251

Goal attempts under Martin after 21 games - 211

16% drop from a manager that was widely criticised for his lack of attacking intent.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 22:30 - Dec 4 with 2266 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 22:09 - Dec 4 by builthjack

Who told you 10 games?

Seemed to be the mantra on here didn’t it?

“Give him 10 games”.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 22:43 - Dec 4 with 2248 viewsReslovenSwan1

Is this really "exciting football"? on 22:30 - Dec 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Seemed to be the mantra on here didn’t it?

“Give him 10 games”.

My assessment was to compare the two managers after the first 12 games of the season. Both managers had had time to get their methods across. Both were level with 12 games and 14 points.

This assessment removes Martins excuse that his system needed more time and more fitness. He About 2 month grace to get it right.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 22:46 - Dec 4 with 2236 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 22:43 - Dec 4 by ReslovenSwan1

My assessment was to compare the two managers after the first 12 games of the season. Both managers had had time to get their methods across. Both were level with 12 games and 14 points.

This assessment removes Martins excuse that his system needed more time and more fitness. He About 2 month grace to get it right.

Yeah we already discussed that flawed logic.

Martin started extremely slowly, Cooper as always started like a house on fire.

In order to bring them closer together you decided to remove Coopers good start and Martin’s bad start.

Unfortunately reality doesn’t work so conveniently.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 22:48 - Dec 4 with 2236 viewsReslovenSwan1

Is this really "exciting football"? on 22:46 - Dec 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Yeah we already discussed that flawed logic.

Martin started extremely slowly, Cooper as always started like a house on fire.

In order to bring them closer together you decided to remove Coopers good start and Martin’s bad start.

Unfortunately reality doesn’t work so conveniently.

It is 2 games more than the notional 10 games suggested.

Is this really "exciting football"? on 22:58 - Dec 4 with 2223 viewsDr_Parnassus

Is this really "exciting football"? on 22:48 - Dec 4 by ReslovenSwan1

It is 2 games more than the notional 10 games suggested.

Yet you are giving Cooper only 4 games?

What they were suggesting is you can judge after seeing 10 games, not ignoring the 10 games you have already seen. A judgement made after 10 games, on the 10 games.

What you are doing is something I’ve never seen anyone suggest we do in the history of football. It’s completely bizarre.

But of course you are only doing so in order to manipulate reality, because reality isn’t palatable to your narrative.

Thankfully we have various websites that track progress and don’t make such biased and ludicrous adjustments, they are now updated:-

[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 23:10]

Is this really "exciting football"? on 00:11 - Dec 5 with 2174 viewsAndyCole

An excellent thread, one which will fly over the heads of the unthinking.

The last couple of games are a wake up call for the sheepists.

Plan A crept back in, our senior players did their best to bounce back with some semblance of a Plan B but Martin poured cold water on that.

The 5 CBs is just bonkers, especially when 2 of those are our 2 CMs - when chasing the game again against a shite team. Two games in succession and the stupidest tactics redeployed by a floundering, flapping management team.

This muddled management is anathema to those of us who are accustomed to and expect Top quartile performances and results, something Cooper delivered in spades.

A few of us are tamping that we are mid-bottom in the second tier. A few of us have high standards of achievement and thus high expectations. Martin is failing on all counts. Embarrassingly so when he discounts our winning Plan B formula, largely founded upon Cooper's effective winning system, inculcated into our senior players.

Time to deliver, Martine, this is simply not good enough for proper fans with proper expectations.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Is this really "exciting football"? on 04:47 - Dec 5 with 2121 viewsKilkennyjack

Is this really "exciting football"? on 00:11 - Dec 5 by AndyCole

Plan A crept back in, our senior players did their best to bounce back with some semblance of a Plan B but Martin poured cold water on that.

The 5 CBs is just bonkers, especially when 2 of those are our 2 CMs - when chasing the game again against a shite team. Two games in succession and the stupidest tactics redeployed by a floundering, flapping management team.

This muddled management is anathema to those of us who are accustomed to and expect Top quartile performances and results, something Cooper delivered in spades.

A few of us are tamping that we are mid-bottom in the second tier. A few of us have high standards of achievement and thus high expectations. Martin is failing on all counts. Embarrassingly so when he discounts our winning Plan B formula, largely founded upon Cooper's effective winning system, inculcated into our senior players.

Time to deliver, Martine, this is simply not good enough for proper fans with proper expectations.

The war cry for our hard of thinking, maybe ?

‘Time to deliver ,Martine, ….. ‘ ☹️

Maybe stick it on a Union Jack ?

Beware of the Risen People

Is this really "exciting football"? on 06:53 - Dec 5 with 2100 viewsFireboy2

Is this really "exciting football"? on 00:11 - Dec 5 by AndyCole

Well you definitely are not a proper fan, it's easy flinging mud from your keyboard, perhaps you would get a bit of kudos if you actually went to games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024