Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Views on Pato’s penalty call ? 11:26 - Dec 5 with 864 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 11:35 - Dec 5 with 843 viewsCatullus

Other teams get them, they mostly seem to be given against us. We don't often get them though. Whatever the reason it does seem unbalanced.

In the prem Dele Alli went down and there was literally the tiniest contact, as replays showed, but still they got the penalty. Against Blackpool the ref said there wasn't enough contact for a pen, yet the defender clearly stood on Laird's foot causing him to need treatment.
Two decisions years apart that have seemed to become the norm for us. Apart from a brief spell when Ayew earned some dodgy decisions.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 11:38 - Dec 5 with 833 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 11:35 - Dec 5 by Catullus

Other teams get them, they mostly seem to be given against us. We don't often get them though. Whatever the reason it does seem unbalanced.

In the prem Dele Alli went down and there was literally the tiniest contact, as replays showed, but still they got the penalty. Against Blackpool the ref said there wasn't enough contact for a pen, yet the defender clearly stood on Laird's foot causing him to need treatment.
Two decisions years apart that have seemed to become the norm for us. Apart from a brief spell when Ayew earned some dodgy decisions.

Looked like a dive after a very poor touch. Not a penalty for me.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 11:42 - Dec 5 with 823 viewsChief

Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 11:38 - Dec 5 by Brynmill_Jack

Looked like a dive after a very poor touch. Not a penalty for me.

Agreed.

But we're still unlucky that the ref was able to give that decision from his position 20 yards back and we don't get given these contentious ones.

Law of averages says even ones that aren't fouls we should be awarded some. Well we must have had about 20 this season that are either nailed on fouls, ones that you see given but aren't convincing or ones that you can only really tell they aren't fouls from the TV slow down replays. But we've been awarded zero.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 12:12 - Dec 5 with 779 viewsCatullus

Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 11:42 - Dec 5 by Chief

Agreed.

But we're still unlucky that the ref was able to give that decision from his position 20 yards back and we don't get given these contentious ones.

Law of averages says even ones that aren't fouls we should be awarded some. Well we must have had about 20 this season that are either nailed on fouls, ones that you see given but aren't convincing or ones that you can only really tell they aren't fouls from the TV slow down replays. But we've been awarded zero.

That's the thing, the officials have one chance, one view and they have to decide. From other camera angles we can see it probably wasn't, but these things are given against us, rarely for us or so it seems. Thats why I mentioned Dele Alli, a prime example of a penalty being awarded when it shouldn't have been.

They have VAR in the EPL now, but it seems to cause as many arguments as it settles.

The referees view of this, from 20 yards away in real time is a much harder viewpoint than a tv replay. The ref for Blackpool had a clear view of the foul on Laird, saw there was contact but decided it wasn't enough. In Luton, well I don't have to say it but no red card when even pundits were flabbergasted.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 12:34 - Dec 5 with 749 viewsGixerJack

Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 12:12 - Dec 5 by Catullus

That's the thing, the officials have one chance, one view and they have to decide. From other camera angles we can see it probably wasn't, but these things are given against us, rarely for us or so it seems. Thats why I mentioned Dele Alli, a prime example of a penalty being awarded when it shouldn't have been.

They have VAR in the EPL now, but it seems to cause as many arguments as it settles.

The referees view of this, from 20 yards away in real time is a much harder viewpoint than a tv replay. The ref for Blackpool had a clear view of the foul on Laird, saw there was contact but decided it wasn't enough. In Luton, well I don't have to say it but no red card when even pundits were flabbergasted.

I’m not one for conspiracy theories but there comes a point that you have to question why we seem to be on the wrong end of questionable decisions
Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 12:40 - Dec 5 with 730 viewsDr_Parnassus

Seen them given, but it was a dive let’s be fair.

Awful touch then hung his leg out there and started falling before any contact was made, which would have been very light if any.

Correct decision from the ref.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 12:44 - Dec 5 with 734 viewsFireboy2

At the game it looked at stonewall but after reviewing it again and again and again, I think paterson took a slight dive before contact, what gets me is the ref was over 20 yards away so how could he see it 🤷‍♂️

The problem we have atm is that we are making a name for ourselves.
Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 13:42 - Dec 5 with 684 viewsKeithHaynes

Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 12:12 - Dec 5 by Catullus

Got to say is a twenty yard view by the referee yesterday was that hard, why book him ?
He saw that.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 20:56 - Dec 5 with 499 viewsBadlands

Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 12:44 - Dec 5 by Fireboy2

At the game it looked at stonewall but after reviewing it again and again and again, I think paterson took a slight dive before contact, what gets me is the ref was over 20 yards away so how could he see it 🤷‍♂️

The problem we have atm is that we are making a name for ourselves.

I tend to agree that he did dive slightly but was that to con the ref or to avoid getting clattered?
I've seen plenty of free kicks given when a play 'jumps' / 'dives' to avoid a late challenge.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 21:01 - Dec 5 with 491 viewsFireboy2

Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 20:56 - Dec 5 by Badlands

I tend to agree that he did dive slightly but was that to con the ref or to avoid getting clattered?
I've seen plenty of free kicks given when a play 'jumps' / 'dives' to avoid a late challenge.

The challenge was worse than the penalty that west ham got.
Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 21:09 - Dec 5 with 486 viewsDr_Parnassus

Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 20:56 - Dec 5 by Badlands

He was hardly going to get clattered.

Keeper came out and stretched out his hands. There was no threat of major impact.

Let’s not be claiming penalties for ones that aren’t, it cheapens our case against ones we should be getting.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Views on Pato’s penalty call ? on 13:33 - Dec 6 with 314 viewsDewi1jack

Terrible first touch by Pato led to him having to look for a pen.
I have no doubt that the goalies hand caught him, even if Pato "left his leg in" so therefore a penalty.

On the other hand, fair play to the ref. I respect him following the rules.
He saw it as a dive and followed through as he should with the booking.
Not many refs do that, even though the rules say they should.
Far too many refs wave away the player down screaming for a pen without going back and booking the diving tw@ once the ball goes out of play.

Then the fans, pundits and teams whine about the amount of simulation that is in the game.
Down to the refs to stop these cheating b'stard players.
Managers would soon put a stop to it if they lost a few players to suspension for cheating

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024