Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
17% pay rise? 21:42 - Dec 6 with 690 viewsbritferry

For our beloved Swansea City Councillors

Earlier in the meeting, a majority of councillors approved a response to the body which has proposed a 17% pay rise next year for councillors in Wales.

that will go down like a lead balloon

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-councillors-pay-social-med

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

17% pay rise? on 21:56 - Dec 6 with 662 viewsFlashberryjack

Worth every penny.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

17% pay rise? on 21:59 - Dec 6 with 660 viewsBoundy

No don't worry our forthcoming 20% Council Tax increase will more than cover it . Just think if the tossers in cardiff get their way there'll be more governing than those being governed

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

17% pay rise? on 22:00 - Dec 6 with 658 viewsKeithHaynes

17% pay rise? on 21:56 - Dec 6 by Flashberryjack

Worth every penny.

😂😂😂👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

17% pay rise? on 22:07 - Dec 6 with 640 viewsmajorraglan

Here’s an extract from the article.

The group said paying them a basic salary of £16,800 - or £13 per hour - for an average three-day week would, compared to the £14,368 they currently receive, end a real-terms erosion of pay over the past decade or so.

I suspect most people on here have experienced austerity over the last 10 years, as well as wage freezes they’ve seen significant increases in bills and council tax etc. They should get the same rise as public servants, take an average of Police, teacher, NHS and civil servant pay rises and give them that and no more.
17% pay rise? on 23:17 - Dec 6 with 587 viewsraynor94

In the good old days they did it for expenses only.

Just more snouts in the trough again sadly.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

17% pay rise? on 07:05 - Dec 7 with 536 viewsDr_Winston

They should all be on performance related pay. Half of them would be using the foodbank within a year.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

17% pay rise? on 07:10 - Dec 7 with 535 viewsfelixstowe_jack

17% pay rise? on 07:05 - Dec 7 by Dr_Winston

They should all be on performance related pay. Half of them would be using the foodbank within a year.

One rule for those in power another rule for the rate payers who pay their wages.
Next I bet Drakeford will say senedd members need a 17% pay rise to maintain differentials.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

17% pay rise? on 09:02 - Dec 7 with 505 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I'd like to congratulate ALL council staff on their 17 percent increase........but I don't think I can.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

17% pay rise? on 10:32 - Dec 7 with 478 viewsCatullus

17% pay rise? on 22:07 - Dec 6 by majorraglan

Here’s an extract from the article.

The group said paying them a basic salary of £16,800 - or £13 per hour - for an average three-day week would, compared to the £14,368 they currently receive, end a real-terms erosion of pay over the past decade or so.

I suspect most people on here have experienced austerity over the last 10 years, as well as wage freezes they’ve seen significant increases in bills and council tax etc. They should get the same rise as public servants, take an average of Police, teacher, NHS and civil servant pay rises and give them that and no more.

It's a very good point. The politicians at all levels can claim massive pay rises because of "real terms erosion" yet the general public cannot get the same pay rise. The politicians will say we can't afford it but they can always afford it for themselves.

It used to be genuine public service, expenses only. Now it's a trough just like Westminster and the Senedd.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

17% pay rise? on 10:34 - Dec 7 with 473 viewsonehunglow

Labour and Tory ones?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

17% pay rise? on 10:36 - Dec 7 with 468 viewsBoundy

17% pay rise? on 10:32 - Dec 7 by Catullus

It's a very good point. The politicians at all levels can claim massive pay rises because of "real terms erosion" yet the general public cannot get the same pay rise. The politicians will say we can't afford it but they can always afford it for themselves.

It used to be genuine public service, expenses only. Now it's a trough just like Westminster and the Senedd.

Hence my indifference to the lot of them , out for themselves not those they pretend to serve. Have they ever taken a step back to consider why politicians are seen as pariahs on society an unwanted, unliked and in some cases despised necessity.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

17% pay rise? on 11:06 - Dec 7 with 453 viewsCatullus

17% pay rise? on 10:36 - Dec 7 by Boundy

Hence my indifference to the lot of them , out for themselves not those they pretend to serve. Have they ever taken a step back to consider why politicians are seen as pariahs on society an unwanted, unliked and in some cases despised necessity.

To take that step they'd have to have some connection with the real world and most of them haven't.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024