Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia invade Ukraine 14:17 - Dec 23 with 152656 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Discuss.

Also why is Putin always described in the media as this rugged strongman? He’s barely five foot tall with his high heels on.

But that’s another debate.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:05 - Dec 23 with 14187 viewscontroversial_jack

Putin is about average height for his generation and was a judo champion in his time
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:18 - Dec 23 with 14187 viewsmax936

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:05 - Dec 23 by controversial_jack

Putin is about average height for his generation and was a judo champion in his time

My mate is a judo champion got his own Judo School as well, he knows a few stories about him, tough man.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:32 - Dec 23 with 14174 viewsLittleEnglandJack

I can't see it.

I don't think he has the popularity within Russia to be able to sustain what would be a very costly war that would likely get bogged down in guerrilla warfare and come with all sorts of economic costs that would be keenly felt by Russian citizens. Putin's number 2 concern might be protecting Russia's foreign policy interests, but his number 1 concern is protecting his own regime.

I think he'll continue with the current plan of using his 'rebel' proxies. They might launch a new, limited offensive in the New Year, to bite and hold a bit more territory, but I don't foresee a situation where Russian tanks are brazenly rolling across the border and into Kyiv.

I could be wrong mind! Certainly wouldn't be bad timing with the west collectively losing it's mind over Omicron.
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:52 - Dec 23 with 14163 viewsKeithHaynes

He looks lovely with his top off on a horse.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 16:24 - Dec 23 with 14051 viewsRonaldStump

Word on the street
End of January Early feb

It's on like donkey kong

(He She Him)

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 16:53 - Dec 23 with 14126 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:05 - Dec 23 by controversial_jack

Average height for a thirteen year old girl maybe.
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:14 - Dec 23 with 14094 viewsCatullus

You don't have to be tall to be strong!

I think the build up of troops was a test to see how the west responded. If it went unchallenged he would have gone for it.
Now he apparently wants talks which I think will come down to guarantees that Ukraines isn't allowed into NATO or the EU.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:30 - Dec 23 with 14069 viewsItchySphincter

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 15:32 - Dec 23 by LittleEnglandJack

I can't see it.

I don't think he has the popularity within Russia to be able to sustain what would be a very costly war that would likely get bogged down in guerrilla warfare and come with all sorts of economic costs that would be keenly felt by Russian citizens. Putin's number 2 concern might be protecting Russia's foreign policy interests, but his number 1 concern is protecting his own regime.

I think he'll continue with the current plan of using his 'rebel' proxies. They might launch a new, limited offensive in the New Year, to bite and hold a bit more territory, but I don't foresee a situation where Russian tanks are brazenly rolling across the border and into Kyiv.

I could be wrong mind! Certainly wouldn't be bad timing with the west collectively losing it's mind over Omicron.

I haven’t been to Russia for five or six years but regardless of what we’re led to believe here the murdering criminal is hugely popular there, or certainly was. Even amongst the young and more liberal there is an acceptance that his style of strong insular leadership keeps them safe from the rest of the world. It going to take at least another couple of generations to change that.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 20:14 - Dec 23 with 14044 viewsGoldenBear

It's a height issue.
Napoleon
Stalin
Hilter.
You get my point.
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 20:27 - Dec 23 with 13959 views73__73

Putin is a great leader. It’s the Ukraine and the west that is starting the trouble.
There was a military expert on TV just now, saying a war between Russia and Ukraine would be over in a week, 2 weeks at most.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:15 - Dec 23 with 13981 viewstrampie

It doesn't sit well that England and America seem to be cosying up to Western Ukraine what with what happened in the war, the ones that sided with Hitler may have had their reasons but lots of them went about their tasks with relish, the work that some of them did in the camp's was well known, I'm sure they were on both sides at Stalingrad but a lot of Hitler's forces in that battle against the Russians were from Western Ukraine.

It was only the other day that the English and Americans were fighting with the same goal as Isis, looking for regime change out in the middle East.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:22 - Dec 23 with 14003 viewsCatullus

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 20:14 - Dec 23 by GoldenBear

It's a height issue.
Napoleon
Stalin
Hilter.
You get my point.

Hitler was 5'9, napoleon was above average height for his time. Stalin, 5'6. Not very tall but hardly midgets.

It's not a height issue or all us shorthouses would be trying to control the world.

How tall is Drakeford?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:30 - Dec 23 with 13993 viewsGoldenBear

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:22 - Dec 23 by Catullus

Hitler was 5'9, napoleon was above average height for his time. Stalin, 5'6. Not very tall but hardly midgets.

It's not a height issue or all us shorthouses would be trying to control the world.

How tall is Drakeford?

No idea, but I'm guessing hes not blessed in the height department.
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:37 - Dec 23 with 13979 viewsKilkennyjack

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:22 - Dec 23 by Catullus

How tall is Drakeford?

Your defence of short people strongly suggests that you are a shorty yourself … what height are you ?

Beware of the Risen People

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:48 - Dec 23 with 13934 viewstrampie

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 20:27 - Dec 23 by 73__73

Putin is a great leader. It’s the Ukraine and the west that is starting the trouble.
There was a military expert on TV just now, saying a war between Russia and Ukraine would be over in a week, 2 weeks at most.

I seen some military expert a couple of years ago say that if there was a nuclear war between the Yanks and Ruskies that it was 95% certain it would be a draw as in the end of the world but the other 5% chance was the Ruskies would win because of their defence (shooting missiles out of the sky and some of their population going to bunkers ect), the Yanks had a zero percent chance of winning at that point in time anyway.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 23:02 - Dec 23 with 13936 viewsDJack

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 20:14 - Dec 23 by GoldenBear

It's a height issue.
Napoleon
Stalin
Hilter.
You get my point.

...Except that Napolean was of average height for Frenchmen at the time.

What a surprise (not). Cat beat me to the punchline.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2021 23:04]

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 08:58 - Dec 24 with 13887 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 23:02 - Dec 23 by DJack

...Except that Napolean was of average height for Frenchmen at the time.

What a surprise (not). Cat beat me to the punchline.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2021 23:04]

A lot of short men have been tyrants. Charles I was very short and he lost a few more inches at the end.
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 09:31 - Dec 24 with 13867 viewsKGriz16

Is there a natural resource in the area they want to invade? What's making this all worth it for Putin & co..?
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 09:59 - Dec 24 with 13773 views73__73

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:48 - Dec 23 by trampie

I seen some military expert a couple of years ago say that if there was a nuclear war between the Yanks and Ruskies that it was 95% certain it would be a draw as in the end of the world but the other 5% chance was the Ruskies would win because of their defence (shooting missiles out of the sky and some of their population going to bunkers ect), the Yanks had a zero percent chance of winning at that point in time anyway.

A draw you say. Do each country get one point for a draw or is there an replay ?😂
A draw in a nuclear war between Russia and the USA. You don’t half talk rubbish 😂

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 10:16 - Dec 24 with 13828 viewscontroversial_jack

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 09:59 - Dec 24 by 73__73

A draw you say. Do each country get one point for a draw or is there an replay ?😂
A draw in a nuclear war between Russia and the USA. You don’t half talk rubbish 😂

They both have enough to destroy each other and most of the world with it
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 10:32 - Dec 24 with 13791 viewstrampie

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 09:31 - Dec 24 by KGriz16

Is there a natural resource in the area they want to invade? What's making this all worth it for Putin & co..?

They regard Crimea as theirs in this day and age and have ethnic Russians in Eastern parts of Ukraine, they don't want the Ukrainians teaming up with the Germans and Nato , they don't want Nato forces on their doorstep just like America didn't want Russian forces on America's doorstep when they were in Cuba.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 10:39 - Dec 24 with 13797 viewsonehunglow

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:15 - Dec 23 by trampie

It doesn't sit well that England and America seem to be cosying up to Western Ukraine what with what happened in the war, the ones that sided with Hitler may have had their reasons but lots of them went about their tasks with relish, the work that some of them did in the camp's was well known, I'm sure they were on both sides at Stalingrad but a lot of Hitler's forces in that battle against the Russians were from Western Ukraine.

It was only the other day that the English and Americans were fighting with the same goal as Isis, looking for regime change out in the middle East.

Britain being referred to a England. Huge insult. Welsh boys involved in the British Army,the ame ones fighting when neutral Ireland stayed well away from WW2 because they hated the British .
Have a look at your passport

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 10:41 - Dec 24 with 13795 viewsonehunglow

Putin not a great one for freedom.That the right for people to have a free vote.
He hated USSR losing its colonies like Ukraine,Estonia,Lithuania and Latvia and would want them back too.
A vicious ,evil killer.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 11:50 - Dec 24 with 13749 viewstrampie

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 10:39 - Dec 24 by onehunglow

Britain being referred to a England. Huge insult. Welsh boys involved in the British Army,the ame ones fighting when neutral Ireland stayed well away from WW2 because they hated the British .
Have a look at your passport

That is the point after everything England did to Ireland including the famine they remained neutral, many in the Ukraine didn't, their famine might have had something to do with it but lots of them fought with the Germans not the case with the paddies.
You have to take your hat off to the paddies for their part in the war, do they side with people that had colonised their country and treat them has second class citizens, jailed their father, killed their grandfather etc or go with Hitler, credit to them for staying neutral in those circumstances, not sure what the rationale of some Ukrainians was mind.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:28 - Dec 24 with 13737 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 09:31 - Dec 24 by KGriz16

The Ukraine was known as the breadbasket of the Soviet Union. It is an incredibly fertile and mineral rich country and produced most of the food in the USSR. Also the women are quite attractive or so I’ve heard.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024