Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boxing day traditions 14:20 - Dec 27 with 755 viewstrampie

Anybody do a boxing day swim yesterday ?, anybody go to a hunt today (either as a participant, supporter or saboteur) ?

Anybody have turkey and chips ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Boxing day traditions on 14:52 - Dec 27 with 729 viewstrampie

The great British boxing day tradition of boxing, Sunday day of rest in many rural communities so today been treated as boxing day today by many.

Quite an all in truth be said.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2021 15:05]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Boxing day traditions on 15:19 - Dec 27 with 707 viewstrampie

On checking social media lots of local meets have been cancelled, apparently the police stopped the one down in Neath but the talk is that the participants are moving it up the valley (perhaps I should say up a valley).
[Post edited 27 Dec 2021 15:42]

Boxing day traditions on 15:46 - Dec 27 with 689 viewsCatullus

No, no and......no.

Hunts are barbaric and should all be stopped. I don't do freezing cold swimming. I prefer Chicken.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Boxing day traditions on 16:05 - Dec 27 with 670 viewsNotLoyal

Never seen the point in hunting.
Went to Hereford on Boxing Day once 😉😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Boxing day traditions on 16:08 - Dec 27 with 668 viewstrampie

The Countryside Alliance (who are like the gun lobby in the USA) suggest that some rural people won't vote Labour because they support banning hunting.

Boxing day traditions on 16:17 - Dec 27 with 660 viewsonehunglow

Boxing day traditions on 16:08 - Dec 27 by trampie

The Countryside Alliance (who are like the gun lobby in the USA) suggest that some rural people won't vote Labour because they support banning hunting.

This is why I could never be a liberal as I do not think people have the right to go out and slaughter wild life for fun. And fin is what is key. Without the fun they wouldn’t do it. They say it’s about controlling pests . Liars

Those who get off on it are worthy of a decent Kirkby kiss

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Boxing day traditions on 16:23 - Dec 27 with 651 viewstrampie

Boxing day traditions on 16:17 - Dec 27 by onehunglow

This is why I could never be a liberal as I do not think people have the right to go out and slaughter wild life for fun. And fin is what is key. Without the fun they wouldn’t do it. They say it’s about controlling pests . Liars

Those who get off on it are worthy of a decent Kirkby kiss

Townies don't understand rural people and try and force their ways on them, just like our missionaries in Africa did to the locals.

I don't support fox hunting but I know why they do it, the authorities have tried to come out with a compromise but the sabs still won't leave the hunt alone, it's the police job to police not the vigilantes.

Boxing day traditions (n/t) on 17:29 - Dec 27 with 616 viewscontroversial_jack

[Post edited 27 Dec 2021 17:31]
Login to get fewer ads

Boxing day traditions on 18:20 - Dec 27 with 577 viewsFlashberryjack

Boxing day would always see a few of us out with the Spaniels and guns, we usually shot a couple of wood pigeon, pheasant, maybe a few rabbits and the odd woodcock.

Then back to the pub, leave the dogs to dry off in front of the log fire, a glass or two, have a good natter about the old times, raise a glass to those no longer able to be with us.

Then home, feed the dogs, step into a nice hot shower, bite to eat, glass or two of wine in front of the the TV and bed.

Good old traditional Boxing Day, something fading into the magical history of country folk RIP.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2021 19:32]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Boxing day traditions on 20:50 - Dec 27 with 523 viewsmajorraglan

Boxing day traditions on 18:20 - Dec 27 by Flashberryjack

Boxing day would always see a few of us out with the Spaniels and guns, we usually shot a couple of wood pigeon, pheasant, maybe a few rabbits and the odd woodcock.

Then back to the pub, leave the dogs to dry off in front of the log fire, a glass or two, have a good natter about the old times, raise a glass to those no longer able to be with us.

Then home, feed the dogs, step into a nice hot shower, bite to eat, glass or two of wine in front of the the TV and bed.

Good old traditional Boxing Day, something fading into the magical history of country folk RIP.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2021 19:32]

Years ago a traditional Boxing Day would have been a football match Swans v Cardiff followed by rugby Aberavon V Neath, tea up my old girls then a few beers with my mates.
Kids, then work commitments (working most Christmases) put pay to that and now Covid has put the kibosh on tea down my old girls.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024