Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. 02:46 - Jan 2 with 3254 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

In what is usually now the midway point of the season, Russell Martin has taken us from automatic promotion contenders to a club grateful that multiple point deductions across the league have thus far kept us treading water above an active relegation fight.

We are earning fewer points.
We are scoring less goals.
We are creating fewer chances.
We are conducting fewer attacks.

If the second half of the season yields little positive change, do you believe Russell Martin deserves another season in charge?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:36 - Jan 2 with 788 viewsvetchonian

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:25 - Jan 2 by Fireboy2

Tbf cooper has inherited a better squad with forest than he did with us.

There are reasons that back up RM and as I've said it will take for me until next autumn for me to really pass judgement on RM no matter what any yernited plastic says.

I see in RM that we have a potential great manager who can take us back up into the PL playing decent football that can keep us there but as I've said he needs two windows to get the players he wants be it from mkd, other teams or from within.

Martin had three windows at MK DOns yet failed to get them out of League 1 ....MK Dons had a history of playing passing football prior to Martins appointment.

Given this data why do you believe with two windows he will get us promoted to the PL?
He has come to a championship club with better players then he had at MKDOns, had the likes of Piroe. Ntcham,Paterson and Obefami added yet he still needs 2 windows?
The same squad virtually that lost the play off final yet we have to wait another season?

I really want someone to explain what it is that MArtin will do do change things?

He could'nt manage promotion form league 1 or even threaten the play offs yet you believe him bringing some of those players here and two windows he will get us to the PL?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:38 - Jan 2 with 764 viewsonehunglow

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:36 - Jan 2 by vetchonian

Martin had three windows at MK DOns yet failed to get them out of League 1 ....MK Dons had a history of playing passing football prior to Martins appointment.

Given this data why do you believe with two windows he will get us promoted to the PL?
He has come to a championship club with better players then he had at MKDOns, had the likes of Piroe. Ntcham,Paterson and Obefami added yet he still needs 2 windows?
The same squad virtually that lost the play off final yet we have to wait another season?

I really want someone to explain what it is that MArtin will do do change things?

He could'nt manage promotion form league 1 or even threaten the play offs yet you believe him bringing some of those players here and two windows he will get us to the PL?

I think the reason you get stick ,Vetch,is pointing our the bitter truth.You've made upset but you're right and we have to face the fact we have screwed up with this chap.

All the positive fan speak is meaningless.

We deserve so much better ,and that applies whether ones goes to a game or not.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:48 - Jan 2 with 763 viewsvetchonian

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:38 - Jan 2 by onehunglow

I think the reason you get stick ,Vetch,is pointing our the bitter truth.You've made upset but you're right and we have to face the fact we have screwed up with this chap.

All the positive fan speak is meaningless.

We deserve so much better ,and that applies whether ones goes to a game or not.

Season ticket holder OHL but Ive lost the "will" to turn up..... Like many on here I spent hours on the North Bank including rainy Tuesday nights with 300 or so others watching us versus the likes of Spencer Works in the Welsh Cup then a league game on Saturday....seeing us lose but of late my rush to the game has waned. Probably a result pf Covid and the plastics who have deserted the now empty seats around me at the stadium....though I am guilty not attending the last couple of night games.

It does worry me though that folks seem to trust in Russ despite all the data stacked against him.

He failed to get MKDons near promotion and now he wants to bring those same players here who failed to set Lg1 alight or threaten the promotion zone to get us promoted from the Championship the so said toughest league in Europe ?
Im at a loss but maybe Im missing something?

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:58 - Jan 2 with 738 viewsonehunglow

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:48 - Jan 2 by vetchonian

Season ticket holder OHL but Ive lost the "will" to turn up..... Like many on here I spent hours on the North Bank including rainy Tuesday nights with 300 or so others watching us versus the likes of Spencer Works in the Welsh Cup then a league game on Saturday....seeing us lose but of late my rush to the game has waned. Probably a result pf Covid and the plastics who have deserted the now empty seats around me at the stadium....though I am guilty not attending the last couple of night games.

It does worry me though that folks seem to trust in Russ despite all the data stacked against him.

He failed to get MKDons near promotion and now he wants to bring those same players here who failed to set Lg1 alight or threaten the promotion zone to get us promoted from the Championship the so said toughest league in Europe ?
Im at a loss but maybe Im missing something?

My first game in 58.
I often wondered when I would lose interest.
Soon ,all being well,I will be 72 yrs old.
Still,I follow every game no matter where I am. It matters not I no longer get back to Swansea -that's a private matter- but I used to go to any game within 2 hours of here but now I am not 'rsed. I ll probably do Hudds but only as I have a really good friend there who probably wont see another season.

I am seeing fans turning in on each other,some trying to make out they are better as they go to more games,same with Wales as they get pyssed in Prague and all points east and west. Makes me weep. I am seeing the likes of Winston belittling fans for moving away from Swansea as they have no right to criticise as they dont go to home games.

Right now,many will be considering whether they can be bothered to turn up and see the ball being passed slowly back and fore and sideways at the back and getting nowhere in the process.

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 21:09 - Jan 2 with 740 viewsFireboy2

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:36 - Jan 2 by vetchonian

I suspect he will bring in players who are young, hungry and on the way up.

We are swansea city who in the championship, we have more money than mkd and are a bigger name, therefore will attract a player who might be on the way up who could go to another championship club.

What some people aren't realising is RM is (I hope) learning therefore getting more experienced, I like quite a few fans can see that he has potential to take us up, I for one don't think that he will do it in two windows but I truly believe that we will have a better chance to get there than with cooper, yes we got to the semi and the final we were never ever were going to win and if by any miracle we did we would have been pummelled from pillar to post, id rather us go up playing good football ala us in 2011 and brentford now as it would for 1 give us a chance of stay up and 2 be more enjoyable.

For the record I like talking about the swans with you even though we have our different opinions re managers but I will never ever speak about the swans with dwight as he's a yernited fan, he only comes on to wind proper fans up.

And don't even get me on perch, the swansea/wales hater.
Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 21:13 - Jan 2 with 738 viewsvetchonian

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:58 - Jan 2 by onehunglow

My first game in 58.
I often wondered when I would lose interest.
Soon ,all being well,I will be 72 yrs old.
Still,I follow every game no matter where I am. It matters not I no longer get back to Swansea -that's a private matter- but I used to go to any game within 2 hours of here but now I am not 'rsed. I ll probably do Hudds but only as I have a really good friend there who probably wont see another season.

I am seeing fans turning in on each other,some trying to make out they are better as they go to more games,same with Wales as they get pyssed in Prague and all points east and west. Makes me weep. I am seeing the likes of Winston belittling fans for moving away from Swansea as they have no right to criticise as they dont go to home games.

Right now,many will be considering whether they can be bothered to turn up and see the ball being passed slowly back and fore and sideways at the back and getting nowhere in the process.

Its so true OHL you can take the Jack out of Swansea but they will never stop being a Jack.
Im lucky Ive never had to leave our once great City ( I say that as it is a shadow of the place I knew growing up) even though I have opportunity to do so for mw it has been a graveyard of ambition yet I have spent hours travelling to work in the SOuth of England and other parts of the country whilst retaining Swansea as my home.

I know of many who through circumstance have had to move away and cannot watch us any more yet they are true JAcks through and through yet some Johnny come lately's on here criticise them for not being able to attend. In the early days at the Liberty I had no ticket as I was working away and I couldnt justify a season ticket yet I follwed the results bought walk up tickets whenever I could. I managed a season ticket due to sad circumstances and haved loved attending though the last season in the PL was grim mainly due to those around me...I remember standing on the North bank during that season we were relegated from Div 1 ( the old PL) despite the gloom there was a spirit amongst the fans it was lacking when we were relegated from the PL.

As you say on here I can never get understand the way so called fans turn on others in a personal way...we all have different opinions but at times the personal insults are as bad as those traded in the ground between us and opposition fans

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 21:23 - Jan 2 with 728 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 21:13 - Jan 2 by vetchonian

Its so true OHL you can take the Jack out of Swansea but they will never stop being a Jack.
Im lucky Ive never had to leave our once great City ( I say that as it is a shadow of the place I knew growing up) even though I have opportunity to do so for mw it has been a graveyard of ambition yet I have spent hours travelling to work in the SOuth of England and other parts of the country whilst retaining Swansea as my home.

I know of many who through circumstance have had to move away and cannot watch us any more yet they are true JAcks through and through yet some Johnny come lately's on here criticise them for not being able to attend. In the early days at the Liberty I had no ticket as I was working away and I couldnt justify a season ticket yet I follwed the results bought walk up tickets whenever I could. I managed a season ticket due to sad circumstances and haved loved attending though the last season in the PL was grim mainly due to those around me...I remember standing on the North bank during that season we were relegated from Div 1 ( the old PL) despite the gloom there was a spirit amongst the fans it was lacking when we were relegated from the PL.

As you say on here I can never get understand the way so called fans turn on others in a personal way...we all have different opinions but at times the personal insults are as bad as those traded in the ground between us and opposition fans

"I can never get understand the way so called fans turn on others in a personal way..."

It's quite simple. They do not want to believe what they are reading, yet cannot construct a logical counter argument. Hence, their replies contain only insults, irrelevancies and sometimes desperate lies.

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 21:23 - Jan 2 with 728 viewsFireboy2

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 21:13 - Jan 2 by vetchonian

I take it you have never met perch.
Login to get fewer ads

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 21:34 - Jan 2 with 714 viewsgrabsplatter

I'm not convinced Martin is going to succeed, he's made plenty of mistakes but I'm willing to give him more time. I don't believe we'll be sucked into a relegation fight so I'd give him the rest of the season & reassess it then.

I can't accept your line "The same squad virtually that lost the play off final" - half our starting 11 including our best defender & virtually all of our goals were lost in the summer.
Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 21:36 - Jan 2 with 713 viewsCatullus

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 13:38 - Jan 2 by onehunglow

Me too.

Something about him ,right from the start,bothered me.

I am truly fearful as with Cullis,it didnt last long a he was found out,Bobby B ,bless him didnt have it early enough but this guy seems to have charmed our fans with no logic at all.What we have seen is awful ,cringewrthy ,boring drivel .Other clubs have tumbled him and when several clubs refer to us as boring then therein lies a clue.

Several clubs called us boring when Rodgers was in charge. On match of the day we were accused of passing for the sake of it.

Opinions eh, we often have different opinions of what we see and hear.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 21:42 - Jan 2 with 710 viewsvetchonian

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 21:09 - Jan 2 by Fireboy2

I suspect he will bring in players who are young, hungry and on the way up.

We are swansea city who in the championship, we have more money than mkd and are a bigger name, therefore will attract a player who might be on the way up who could go to another championship club.

What some people aren't realising is RM is (I hope) learning therefore getting more experienced, I like quite a few fans can see that he has potential to take us up, I for one don't think that he will do it in two windows but I truly believe that we will have a better chance to get there than with cooper, yes we got to the semi and the final we were never ever were going to win and if by any miracle we did we would have been pummelled from pillar to post, id rather us go up playing good football ala us in 2011 and brentford now as it would for 1 give us a chance of stay up and 2 be more enjoyable.

For the record I like talking about the swans with you even though we have our different opinions re managers but I will never ever speak about the swans with dwight as he's a yernited fan, he only comes on to wind proper fans up.

And don't even get me on perch, the swansea/wales hater.

Do you really believe RM is learning?
What do you base this on?

Why during the Forest game did he not make an attempt to shore up the left side of our defence by bringing on Bidwell?

Personally I think Martin is arrogant and again referring back to his "plan b " interview last season and his post match pressers this season the same thing shines through.

Again we are all entitled to our opinions and I do hope I am proven wrong but I am concerned and worry for us especially with the lack of experience above him too

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 21:43 - Jan 2 with 708 viewsFireboy2

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 21:23 - Jan 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"I can never get understand the way so called fans turn on others in a personal way..."

It's quite simple. They do not want to believe what they are reading, yet cannot construct a logical counter argument. Hence, their replies contain only insults, irrelevancies and sometimes desperate lies.

You don't deserve a platform because you are not a true jack, am I correct or not?
Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 21:50 - Jan 2 with 705 viewsvetchonian

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 21:34 - Jan 2 by grabsplatter

I'm not convinced Martin is going to succeed, he's made plenty of mistakes but I'm willing to give him more time. I don't believe we'll be sucked into a relegation fight so I'd give him the rest of the season & reassess it then.

I can't accept your line "The same squad virtually that lost the play off final" - half our starting 11 including our best defender & virtually all of our goals were lost in the summer.

We lost Ayew, Lowe,Geuhi and Roberts

Replaced by Piroe,Ntcham,Paterson,Obafami,Laird
We brought in Joseph yet sent him on loan

We also still had Whittaker

Coopers first season he lost Dan James and McBurnie yet managed to finish 6th 4 places higher than the previous season despite the loss of James and McBurnie. The next season we lost the heart of our defence Van Der Hoorn at the start if the season then Rodon in January yet we ended up losing play off finalists....so I dont buy into this weaker squad crap sorry

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 22:10 - Jan 2 with 694 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 21:43 - Jan 2 by Fireboy2

You don't deserve a platform because you are not a true jack, am I correct or not?

What is your definition of "a true jack"?

Once I know, I'll answer your question.

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 22:12 - Jan 2 with 692 viewsgrabsplatter

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 21:50 - Jan 2 by vetchonian

We lost Ayew, Lowe,Geuhi and Roberts

Replaced by Piroe,Ntcham,Paterson,Obafami,Laird
We brought in Joseph yet sent him on loan

We also still had Whittaker

Coopers first season he lost Dan James and McBurnie yet managed to finish 6th 4 places higher than the previous season despite the loss of James and McBurnie. The next season we lost the heart of our defence Van Der Hoorn at the start if the season then Rodon in January yet we ended up losing play off finalists....so I dont buy into this weaker squad crap sorry

From the playoff final team we lost those 4 plus Woodman & Hourihane - 6 of the starting 11 & virtually all of our goals.

I made no comparison to Cooper, Potter or any other previous managers. I remember the Premier League relegation squad being torn apart just as well as you.
Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 22:19 - Jan 2 with 685 viewsvetchonian

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 22:12 - Jan 2 by grabsplatter

From the playoff final team we lost those 4 plus Woodman & Hourihane - 6 of the starting 11 & virtually all of our goals.

I made no comparison to Cooper, Potter or any other previous managers. I remember the Premier League relegation squad being torn apart just as well as you.

Yet Woodman and Hourihane were "abused" by many on here?

Personally I beleive Piroe and Ntcham are an upgrade on Ayew and Lowe....

Remember many on here were eulogising about how much better we are under Martin yet the stats and results prove otherwise

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 22:43 - Jan 2 with 673 viewsgrabsplatter

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 22:19 - Jan 2 by vetchonian

Remember many on here were eulogising about how much better we are under Martin yet the stats and results prove otherwise

Yes they were but Cooper clearly thought they were better than the players that we still have at the club.

Piroe is definitely an upgrade, Ntcham has flattered to deceive so far, fitness is still an issue for him. He's classy but needs to be more consistent.

Guehi is a far better defender than anyone we currently have, none of our current squad are anywhere near.

I wasn't eulogising over Martin but I'm not prepared to write him off either.
Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 23:21 - Jan 2 with 667 viewsFireboy2

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 21:42 - Jan 2 by vetchonian

Do you really believe RM is learning?
What do you base this on?

Why during the Forest game did he not make an attempt to shore up the left side of our defence by bringing on Bidwell?

Personally I think Martin is arrogant and again referring back to his "plan b " interview last season and his post match pressers this season the same thing shines through.

Again we are all entitled to our opinions and I do hope I am proven wrong but I am concerned and worry for us especially with the lack of experience above him too

As I've said vetch I HOPE he is learning because as you say he has made mistakes, we have lost games we shouldn't have lost and he has shown arrogance in sticking to his plan which obviously isn't working and imo its because we don't currently have the players to play it, let's hope either 1. We get those players he needs by next season or 2. He learns that he can get him team to play another way.
Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 23:34 - Jan 2 with 644 viewsFireboy2

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 22:19 - Jan 2 by vetchonian

Woodman didn't deserve flak but hourihane did, he was lazy and had no spine, he was one of coopers biggest mistakes, he kept playing him but ateotd he had no one else.

Piroe couldn't lace ayews boots and ntcham looks like he is still even now getting his fitness back but is a far better player than lowe.
Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 23:43 - Jan 2 with 623 viewsDr_Parnassus

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 23:34 - Jan 2 by Fireboy2

Woodman didn't deserve flak but hourihane did, he was lazy and had no spine, he was one of coopers biggest mistakes, he kept playing him but ateotd he had no one else.

Piroe couldn't lace ayews boots and ntcham looks like he is still even now getting his fitness back but is a far better player than lowe.

Piroe all day long.

Piroe after 22 games - 12 goals, 4 assists; 16 goal contributions

A Ayew after 22 games (last season) - 8 goals, 2 assists; 10 goal contributions

A Ayew after 22 games (first season) - 9 goals, 4 assists; 13 goal contributions

Ayew was in a more attacking side too.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 09:55 - Jan 3 with 535 viewsonehunglow

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 21:36 - Jan 2 by Catullus

Several clubs called us boring when Rodgers was in charge. On match of the day we were accused of passing for the sake of it.

Opinions eh, we often have different opinions of what we see and hear.

Hi Cat.
Well Liverpool fan didnt for a start.

We've not really replaced Rodgers. He seems to have done ok.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024