Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding 12:05 - Jan 14 with 3049 viewsSwansIndependent

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding 14th Jan 2022 12:04
Speaking before this weekends Huddersfield Town game swans boss Russell Martin has made it clear significant funds are still required to meet with the clubs targets this January. That leaves the swans in a position we are now reading about most days. 0

Dhanda and Fulton leading the dance, click above.
Twiasteoohe below.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 18:41 - Jan 15 with 481 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 17:21 - Jan 15 by Chief

Yes I agree if the money is required to keep the club afloat. But Resloven is advocating the trust lending the club money to buy a new league 1 goalkeeper.

And if the money was that desperately needed, surely all other shareholders should have pressurised (at least asked) the trust to contribute.

We know that didn't happen. Probably because the trust offers a ripe dilution opportunity for Silverstein.

What does " ripe dilution opportunity" mean? Shares are shares If others put in £13m buy new shares it is logical that the Trust is not gifted 21% of that money. The Trust should join the CLN and take the interest only as compensation for dilution. It is simple maths and fair on all parties. A £440k loan would give them £22,000 a year for 5 years. The get £610 in the Santander. The bankers must love the SCST.

Silverstein if he invests £5m will own a certain number of shares worth a certain value. Whether he owns 10% of 12% of the club is neither here no there to him. He has no shares at the moment but plenty of clout. The Trust hold 21% but very little clout.

The US people have sat on the Clubs managers to ensure good signings with the Head of football they appointed. Ledbetter gave them Bony 2, Clucas and the useless Sanches. Potter gave them Mckay (yes McKay) Celina Asoro and John. No wonder they sent their man out for this window.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 18:58 - Jan 15 with 458 viewsBillyChong

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 18:41 - Jan 15 by ReslovenSwan1

What does " ripe dilution opportunity" mean? Shares are shares If others put in £13m buy new shares it is logical that the Trust is not gifted 21% of that money. The Trust should join the CLN and take the interest only as compensation for dilution. It is simple maths and fair on all parties. A £440k loan would give them £22,000 a year for 5 years. The get £610 in the Santander. The bankers must love the SCST.

Silverstein if he invests £5m will own a certain number of shares worth a certain value. Whether he owns 10% of 12% of the club is neither here no there to him. He has no shares at the moment but plenty of clout. The Trust hold 21% but very little clout.

The US people have sat on the Clubs managers to ensure good signings with the Head of football they appointed. Ledbetter gave them Bony 2, Clucas and the useless Sanches. Potter gave them Mckay (yes McKay) Celina Asoro and John. No wonder they sent their man out for this window.

Again, what’s this 5 year business about? Is Silverstein planning on rinsing 5 years interest before considering converting?
Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 19:30 - Jan 15 with 417 viewsChief

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 18:41 - Jan 15 by ReslovenSwan1

- this is a great example of one, shares are shares but they are valued differently by different parties. For example, Silversteins put money in, amount matched by K&L (largest shareholder), meaning K&L won't get diluted. We hear other shareholders have also put in, pro rata this could mean Jenkins&Morgan also not getting diluted. This leaves the trust alone to take the full brunt of the dilution. And from Silversteins point of view, he'll be getting shares at a price that would probably be lower than if he were to buy them directly off the trust. I'm no expert, but this is the epitome of a ripe dilution opportunity. Possibly because of this, the trust have been left in the dark regarding the CLN and were not invited to join. Again, forget the interest it really isn't a consideration at all. And by your logic wouldn't happen anyway.

- Silversteins a businessman so I'm pretty sure he will care how much of a percentage he has.

- not sure the relevance of your final paragraph. Although you do seem to be implying that Silverstein is behind the scouting of the players we're signing. Which is strange.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 19:33 - Jan 15 with 415 viewsChief

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 16:54 - Jan 15 by Chief

- they were notified that it was potentially in the offing then concluded and made public prior to the trust being informed. So it's disingenuous to say they were notified of it. You are obviously trying to mislead.

- the trust queried the terms of the CLN - that's taking an interest. We know the trust still have been given that information. They can't seriously request to join it without that. This another example of you holding the trust to an impossible standard &then criticising them for it. I can see through it though.

- Agreed, it definitely isn't a priority for the Americans to provide the information or probably allow the trust to join the CLN. It isn't in their or Silversteins interest. Yes it is glacial not to provide basic terms and conditions after over a year.

- As has been explained to so so many times now the trust wouldn't want to take interest off the club. I don't really know why you can't grasp that. And your point doesn't add up.

- Your whole story is unravelling. This money making plan of taking interest off the club I presume you are saying should replace legal action. But you're also saying the case is preventing CLN conversion. So if there's no case, by your theory they'll convert. If they convert, there's no interest. Woops. Do you actually think these things through.

- the trust's job isn't to lumber the club with debt and take interest off the club. So they are performing to their remit. No refjrm required, they are a supporters trust no a personal bank. What dismal performance? Another unsubstantiated claim? You're getting very desperate with the propaganda slander campaign.

Try and respond directly to these 6 bullet points. Don't bother repeating stuff that has already been discussed. Let's see if you are capable of backing up your thoughts and responding to real scrutiny. I won't hold my breathe, but here's your opportunity to show us what you're made of.

Why won't you reply to this Resloven?

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 19:36 - Jan 15 with 411 viewsChief

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 18:58 - Jan 15 by BillyChong

Again, what’s this 5 year business about? Is Silverstein planning on rinsing 5 years interest before considering converting?

I think that's a very viable deduction.

Resloven likes to use the 5 years soundbyte but won't elaborate on what happens throughout or at the end of the 5 years.

The trust have requested such pertinent information but the Americans a year on (glacial pace) for some reason won't provide it.

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 21:41 - Jan 15 with 364 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 19:30 - Jan 15 by Chief

- this is a great example of one, shares are shares but they are valued differently by different parties. For example, Silversteins put money in, amount matched by K&L (largest shareholder), meaning K&L won't get diluted. We hear other shareholders have also put in, pro rata this could mean Jenkins&Morgan also not getting diluted. This leaves the trust alone to take the full brunt of the dilution. And from Silversteins point of view, he'll be getting shares at a price that would probably be lower than if he were to buy them directly off the trust. I'm no expert, but this is the epitome of a ripe dilution opportunity. Possibly because of this, the trust have been left in the dark regarding the CLN and were not invited to join. Again, forget the interest it really isn't a consideration at all. And by your logic wouldn't happen anyway.

- Silversteins a businessman so I'm pretty sure he will care how much of a percentage he has.

- not sure the relevance of your final paragraph. Although you do seem to be implying that Silverstein is behind the scouting of the players we're signing. Which is strange.

You are no expert but are giving you 6p anyway. "Ripe for dilution" is a meaningless phrase.

Just imagine 6 people own a block of flats and they have to do the electrics but do not have enough money. The have a whip around and 5 find the money and the 6th does not contribute.

The non contributor has to sell shares in leau of payment. Its just business, Similarly if the Trust do not contribute to the CLN and they convert they will have to pay in dilution. A 21% owners they have benefited from the purchase of Downes, Piroe and Fisher the relaying of the pitch and painting of the stadium and not paid a bean towards it.

There is no free lunch. The free lunch left when their best friend Huw Jenkins left. He managed to run the club on fresh air and good management. They owe him a lot.

Silverstein has used his judgement to determine he is getting value for money. The club spent £1.5m on Barry McKay remember? Not one fan thinks he was worth anything at all. Potter liked him. Would you have risked £12m on Bony second time around? No me neither.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 21:52 - Jan 15 with 352 viewsChief

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 21:41 - Jan 15 by ReslovenSwan1

You are no expert but are giving you 6p anyway. "Ripe for dilution" is a meaningless phrase.

Just imagine 6 people own a block of flats and they have to do the electrics but do not have enough money. The have a whip around and 5 find the money and the 6th does not contribute.

The non contributor has to sell shares in leau of payment. Its just business, Similarly if the Trust do not contribute to the CLN and they convert they will have to pay in dilution. A 21% owners they have benefited from the purchase of Downes, Piroe and Fisher the relaying of the pitch and painting of the stadium and not paid a bean towards it.

There is no free lunch. The free lunch left when their best friend Huw Jenkins left. He managed to run the club on fresh air and good management. They owe him a lot.

Silverstein has used his judgement to determine he is getting value for money. The club spent £1.5m on Barry McKay remember? Not one fan thinks he was worth anything at all. Potter liked him. Would you have risked £12m on Bony second time around? No me neither.

- it's a perfectly apt phrase.

- yes that's my understanding of dilution too. I described it in detail in relation to the club in my last post. Neither have any shareholders paid a bean towards it. The club has, because as it stands the club has to pay it back with interest.

- the trust own shares and are perfectly entitled to sell just like Huw did.

- Well there's no evidence that he knows anything about the players he's signing. He's going off Martin's recommendation. If Martin wanted Barrie McKay Silverstein would probably try and sign him. We only paid 500k for him but I don't see what your point is. We're signing players now off the managers recommendation the same as we did during Potter's reign. But I don't see the relevance.

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 21:54 - Jan 15 with 349 viewsChief

Russell Martin makes it very clear on Swansea City funding on 16:54 - Jan 15 by Chief

- they were notified that it was potentially in the offing then concluded and made public prior to the trust being informed. So it's disingenuous to say they were notified of it. You are obviously trying to mislead.

- the trust queried the terms of the CLN - that's taking an interest. We know the trust still have been given that information. They can't seriously request to join it without that. This another example of you holding the trust to an impossible standard &then criticising them for it. I can see through it though.

- Agreed, it definitely isn't a priority for the Americans to provide the information or probably allow the trust to join the CLN. It isn't in their or Silversteins interest. Yes it is glacial not to provide basic terms and conditions after over a year.

- As has been explained to so so many times now the trust wouldn't want to take interest off the club. I don't really know why you can't grasp that. And your point doesn't add up.

- Your whole story is unravelling. This money making plan of taking interest off the club I presume you are saying should replace legal action. But you're also saying the case is preventing CLN conversion. So if there's no case, by your theory they'll convert. If they convert, there's no interest. Woops. Do you actually think these things through.

- the trust's job isn't to lumber the club with debt and take interest off the club. So they are performing to their remit. No refjrm required, they are a supporters trust no a personal bank. What dismal performance? Another unsubstantiated claim? You're getting very desperate with the propaganda slander campaign.

Try and respond directly to these 6 bullet points. Don't bother repeating stuff that has already been discussed. Let's see if you are capable of backing up your thoughts and responding to real scrutiny. I won't hold my breathe, but here's your opportunity to show us what you're made of.

Why won't you reply to this post Resloven?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024