Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New investment? 15:04 - Jan 19 with 3461 viewsChief

Yesterday an article on here about O'Reilly featured this comment:

"The club have also secured investment from their part owners in the USA for player expenditure, and have interest accruing still on a variety of investments. This has all been put in place and agreed by Director Jake Silverstein this month."

I did ask for clarification but people were understandably focused on O'Reilly, so this probably needs a thread of its own (it is not a thread on the merits of the trust or legal case), it's just to try and establish some facts. What do these snippets mean?

Have the owners / Silverstein loaned the club more money than their initial £10mill or so from 14/15 months ago?

If so, how much?

And interest - is the club paying interest on things? What are these investments?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

New investment? on 18:40 - Jan 19 with 1069 viewsReslovenSwan1

New investment? on 18:28 - Jan 19 by Chief

Well please read up - I'm just reitering what Keith has said. It's not a loan. So how else am to interpret this 'investment'?

You call it a LOAN they call it an INVESTMENT as they intend to buy shares with the debt such that the club does NOT need to pay it back. Its simple.

It is a difficult concept for you because you have been fed a daily diet of anti American propaganda from fans on forums for 6 years who know very little.

"They are asset strippers"
"Hedge funders require 15% return every year"
"They will leave once the parachutes are gone"
"They will probably do a quick flip"
"They will sell anything not bolted down"
"They will dilute the Trust to nothing"
"All Yankee owners are bad for football"
"Its a loan not an investment "

All hogwash.

Wise sage since Toshack era

New investment? on 18:42 - Jan 19 with 1060 viewsAndyCole

New investment? on 18:32 - Jan 19 by Chief

Yes it's a confusing sentence.

The loans they loaned about 13 months back are accruing interest that club has to pay them. Would that loan constitute a 'variety' of investments?

And the line is included in the article as if it's a good thing.

Come on lads what does all this actually mean? Do we really need to go through this cryptic dance?

C'mon Chief maybe do some of your own due diligence and report back here with the findings of your forensic financial audit.

It is well known within the local corridors of power that Jake S is significantly invested and supportive, emotionally and financially. And has very deep pockets.

Martin said in a recent presser he was hoping for imminent investment. Whilst Jake was still here. Christie was secured against all odds, at the 11th hour. Whilst Jake was here.

Maybe Chief you could tap into these corridors, or indeed your own sources, and share the findings you so desperately crave, always.

[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 18:48]

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

New investment? on 18:44 - Jan 19 with 1058 viewsChief

New investment? on 18:40 - Jan 19 by ReslovenSwan1

You call it a LOAN they call it an INVESTMENT as they intend to buy shares with the debt such that the club does NOT need to pay it back. Its simple.

It is a difficult concept for you because you have been fed a daily diet of anti American propaganda from fans on forums for 6 years who know very little.

"They are asset strippers"
"Hedge funders require 15% return every year"
"They will leave once the parachutes are gone"
"They will probably do a quick flip"
"They will sell anything not bolted down"
"They will dilute the Trust to nothing"
"All Yankee owners are bad for football"
"Its a loan not an investment "

All hogwash.

Take a deep breath and relax. I'll ignore your nonsense.

What I call it, what they call it - investment / loan is irrelevant. I want to know what the author of the article is referring to when they made reference to 'investment' in this article.

Keith says be doesn't think it's a loan. So explain that me then? If you apparently know so much more than us - are you saying Keith is incorrect?

New investment? on 18:46 - Jan 19 with 1057 viewsChief

New investment? on 18:42 - Jan 19 by AndyCole

C'mon Chief maybe do some of your own due diligence and report back here with the findings of your forensic financial audit.

It is well known within the local corridors of power that Jake S is significantly invested and supportive, emotionally and financially. And has very deep pockets.

Martin said in a recent presser he was hoping for imminent investment. Whilst Jake was still here. Christie was secured against all odds, at the 11th hour. Whilst Jake was here.

Maybe Chief you could tap into these corridors, or indeed your own sources, and share the findings you so desperately crave, always.

[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 18:48]

That's what I'm trying to do. The author of the article I'm pretty sure has more information into the matter. What better way to investigate than start by asking for clarification?

New investment? on 18:52 - Jan 19 with 1033 viewsAndyCole

New investment? on 18:46 - Jan 19 by Chief

That's what I'm trying to do. The author of the article I'm pretty sure has more information into the matter. What better way to investigate than start by asking for clarification?

In the meantime you could maybe reach out and do some wider investigation. Twitter is the fount of all Swans football knowledge nowadays, according to some, apparently.........

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

New investment? on 18:55 - Jan 19 with 1030 viewsChief

New investment? on 18:52 - Jan 19 by AndyCole

In the meantime you could maybe reach out and do some wider investigation. Twitter is the fount of all Swans football knowledge nowadays, according to some, apparently.........

This isn't a BBC or tabloid article, it's an article attributed to this website so there the closest clarification of what was written will certainly be gained from here.

But you feel free to widen the investigation if you wish

Report back your findings.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 18:55]

New investment? on 18:58 - Jan 19 with 1022 viewsReslovenSwan1

New investment? on 18:44 - Jan 19 by Chief

Take a deep breath and relax. I'll ignore your nonsense.

What I call it, what they call it - investment / loan is irrelevant. I want to know what the author of the article is referring to when they made reference to 'investment' in this article.

Keith says be doesn't think it's a loan. So explain that me then? If you apparently know so much more than us - are you saying Keith is incorrect?

I would suspect it is money into the CLN which is called an 'investment'. The club cannot pay it back for the foreseeable future. You can call it loan / debt if you want to but Winter is not expecting a notification to repay it.

You and Chong are desperate for it to be repaid to avoid dilution of the SCST and confirm a fake narrative that the 'US people would never invest'. The happy days of zero investment have gone. The US people and sellers are 'investing'. Only one shareholder is not.

New investment? on 19:11 - Jan 19 with 998 viewsChief

New investment? on 18:58 - Jan 19 by ReslovenSwan1

I would suspect it is money into the CLN which is called an 'investment'. The club cannot pay it back for the foreseeable future. You can call it loan / debt if you want to but Winter is not expecting a notification to repay it.

You and Chong are desperate for it to be repaid to avoid dilution of the SCST and confirm a fake narrative that the 'US people would never invest'. The happy days of zero investment have gone. The US people and sellers are 'investing'. Only one shareholder is not.

I know you are incapable of having a normal conversation on anything regarding this without bias and slander, but I won't partake on thus thread. I'm just looking for the facts.

The article mentions investment from the Americans. The term investment has been used a lot to describe things besides giving the club money without the possibility of paying it back.

Keith in this thread says he thinks this is distinct to this and thinks this is what I would actually class as investment into the football club - essentially a gift with no prospect of repayment liable by the club itself.

Login to get fewer ads

New investment? on 19:33 - Jan 19 with 967 viewsReslovenSwan1

New investment? on 19:11 - Jan 19 by Chief

I know you are incapable of having a normal conversation on anything regarding this without bias and slander, but I won't partake on thus thread. I'm just looking for the facts.

The article mentions investment from the Americans. The term investment has been used a lot to describe things besides giving the club money without the possibility of paying it back.

Keith in this thread says he thinks this is distinct to this and thinks this is what I would actually class as investment into the football club - essentially a gift with no prospect of repayment liable by the club itself.

Clear you head of such nonsense. This is business. Buying newly issues shares is essentially 'a gift' only recoverable when the shares are sold. New share by definition reduce the percentage holding of others but have notionally no effect on their financial valuation. For a fan like me investment like this is good.

New investment? on 19:42 - Jan 19 with 960 viewsChief

New investment? on 19:33 - Jan 19 by ReslovenSwan1

Clear you head of such nonsense. This is business. Buying newly issues shares is essentially 'a gift' only recoverable when the shares are sold. New share by definition reduce the percentage holding of others but have notionally no effect on their financial valuation. For a fan like me investment like this is good.

Right, so explain what has happened here then?

You think they've increased the CLN loan?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 19:49]

New investment? on 22:02 - Jan 19 with 879 viewsReslovenSwan1

New investment? on 19:42 - Jan 19 by Chief

Right, so explain what has happened here then?

You think they've increased the CLN loan?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 19:49]

The wording suggests owners in the US have invested extra cash in the CLN mechanism to secure players in the window. Silverstein was sent ahead to verify good value for money. The US people have been burnt before by poor signings particularly by Clement and Potter. This was under the recruitment watch of Ledbetter and McCauley.

Imagine if McKay was wanted. Silverstein might have taken 5 separate references on the player. 4 of them would have been bad. US people put the brakes on Potter for Ryan Woods for £6m if you remember and he had a sulk. They were right and Potter was wrong.

The extra money would not be great. They have signed Fisher for £400k and two loans but baulked at the permanent signing of O'Riley and Darling until Patterson and Fulton are moved on.

New investment? on 22:11 - Jan 19 with 858 viewsChief

New investment? on 22:02 - Jan 19 by ReslovenSwan1

The wording suggests owners in the US have invested extra cash in the CLN mechanism to secure players in the window. Silverstein was sent ahead to verify good value for money. The US people have been burnt before by poor signings particularly by Clement and Potter. This was under the recruitment watch of Ledbetter and McCauley.

Imagine if McKay was wanted. Silverstein might have taken 5 separate references on the player. 4 of them would have been bad. US people put the brakes on Potter for Ryan Woods for £6m if you remember and he had a sulk. They were right and Potter was wrong.

The extra money would not be great. They have signed Fisher for £400k and two loans but baulked at the permanent signing of O'Riley and Darling until Patterson and Fulton are moved on.

So you think this even though Keith (whom I presume collaborated to some extent on the article) has stated on this thread that:

"If I was to speculate, I would say there’s extra cash from the USA, not a loan"

New investment? on 22:25 - Jan 19 with 832 viewsReslovenSwan1

New investment? on 22:11 - Jan 19 by Chief

So you think this even though Keith (whom I presume collaborated to some extent on the article) has stated on this thread that:

"If I was to speculate, I would say there’s extra cash from the USA, not a loan"

Only you and a few SCST diehards consider the CLN a conventional loan. Winter the US owners and people like me do not expect the CLN ever to be repaid. Winter cannot pay it back. The CLN is considered a quick an easy way of investing.

After 20 years the SCST must now accept dilution. It was always on the cards.

New investment? on 22:36 - Jan 19 with 813 viewsAndyCole

New investment? on 18:55 - Jan 19 by Chief

This isn't a BBC or tabloid article, it's an article attributed to this website so there the closest clarification of what was written will certainly be gained from here.

But you feel free to widen the investigation if you wish

Report back your findings.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 18:55]

Whoosh, yet again. Chief.

Your thread, your issue, your conundrum.

For once, Give instead of always Take, on here. Some of your comments smack of overt criticism of the massive efforts of the SI team to bring leading edge intel to this forum and the wider Swans fans' world on social media.

Go forth and do your own due diligence, unearth you're own findings for the issues You raise, and share your conclusions. Instead of always pointing the finger, probing, discrediting.

New investment? on 22:37 - Jan 19 with 810 viewsChief

New investment? on 22:25 - Jan 19 by ReslovenSwan1

Only you and a few SCST diehards consider the CLN a conventional loan. Winter the US owners and people like me do not expect the CLN ever to be repaid. Winter cannot pay it back. The CLN is considered a quick an easy way of investing.

After 20 years the SCST must now accept dilution. It was always on the cards.

Well I don't know what poll you've taken to come up with that survey, but it's irrelevant. I'm looking for facts. One fact is that the CLN is a loan. You regularly concoct scenarios whereby the club repay it.

Well not that quick, it's 14/15 months in and hasn't been converted, so quick way of loaning maybe, investing, the evidence doesn't suggest so.

No they mustn't accept dilution. A successful court case may well notresult in dilution for them.

New investment? on 22:41 - Jan 19 with 805 viewsChief

New investment? on 22:37 - Jan 19 by Chief

Well I don't know what poll you've taken to come up with that survey, but it's irrelevant. I'm looking for facts. One fact is that the CLN is a loan. You regularly concoct scenarios whereby the club repay it.

Well not that quick, it's 14/15 months in and hasn't been converted, so quick way of loaning maybe, investing, the evidence doesn't suggest so.

No they mustn't accept dilution. A successful court case may well notresult in dilution for them.

But to try and cut out the ambiguity then:

Keith - do you consider the £10-13mill ish put into the club by Silverstein et al over a year ago via a Convertible Loan Note a 'loan'?

And your comment earlier in the thread saying you thought there was additional US money, but not in the form of a loan, do you think it's related to the convertible loan note?

New investment? on 14:24 - Jan 20 with 708 viewsChief

"I’ve been aware all of the way through, we have to raise money to make signings,”

"It’s been clear since the summer. We’re not swimming in the same pond that we were, parachute payments have gone."

Martin talking about the failed pursuit of O'Reilly. So he's also unaware of any external funding.

Are you sure the sources were correct on this one?

The trust chairman tweeted earlier implying he wasn't aware of anything too, just alluding back to the existing CLN....

New investment? on 14:38 - Jan 20 with 692 viewsvetchonian

New investment? on 22:37 - Jan 19 by Chief

Unforuneatly Chief I think that boat has sailed..I am convinced this now wont happen and the inevitable will occur.
Too many changes in the Trust leadership and its all gone quiet and as has been pointed out the clock is ticking 6 years soon and Chris Farlowe once sang we will be "Out of time"

Im not fully up to speed on this but are the loanees currently receiving interest on the loan?
Will there be a scenario where for 5 years interest is paid and then the CLN converted?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

New investment? on 14:56 - Jan 20 with 685 viewsReslovenSwan1

New investment? on 14:24 - Jan 20 by Chief

"I’ve been aware all of the way through, we have to raise money to make signings,”

"It’s been clear since the summer. We’re not swimming in the same pond that we were, parachute payments have gone."

Martin talking about the failed pursuit of O'Reilly. So he's also unaware of any external funding.

Are you sure the sources were correct on this one?

The trust chairman tweeted earlier implying he wasn't aware of anything too, just alluding back to the existing CLN....

Chief you must be aware that the biggest action is in the last day even last hours. It happens every window. Silverstein may have left £2m for some last minute big bargain shopping.

The club must be fully 'genned up' on who might become available in the last few hours as CEOs ditch liabilities. Manning showed up real late and probably Ntcham as well although I do not fully remember.

New investment? on 15:07 - Jan 20 with 653 viewsChief

New investment? on 14:38 - Jan 20 by vetchonian

Unforuneatly Chief I think that boat has sailed..I am convinced this now wont happen and the inevitable will occur.
Too many changes in the Trust leadership and its all gone quiet and as has been pointed out the clock is ticking 6 years soon and Chris Farlowe once sang we will be "Out of time"

Im not fully up to speed on this but are the loanees currently receiving interest on the loan?
Will there be a scenario where for 5 years interest is paid and then the CLN converted?

Well I can understand the apprehension. There's an AGM upcoming which will hopefully provide answers.

Apparently 5% interest (per year?)

New investment? on 15:27 - Jan 20 with 632 viewsChief

New investment? on 14:56 - Jan 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Chief you must be aware that the biggest action is in the last day even last hours. It happens every window. Silverstein may have left £2m for some last minute big bargain shopping.

The club must be fully 'genned up' on who might become available in the last few hours as CEOs ditch liabilities. Manning showed up real late and probably Ntcham as well although I do not fully remember.

Maybe, we'll have to wait and see. I doubt it though because £2mill would have landed us O'Reilly who Martin was high on. And there's a chance more will be out of the door by the last day (Fulton etc), so that doesn't really stack up.

New investment? on 15:29 - Jan 20 with 628 viewsvetchonian

New investment? on 15:07 - Jan 20 by Chief

Well I can understand the apprehension. There's an AGM upcoming which will hopefully provide answers.

Apparently 5% interest (per year?)

But is the interest being paid currently almost liek an interest free mortage or will this be compounded over the term of the loan to give a value of shares to be a allocated?

IF the club is paying the interest currently it seems some one may well be able to have their cake and eat it!

New investment? on 16:28 - Jan 20 with 594 viewsChief

New investment? on 15:29 - Jan 20 by vetchonian

But is the interest being paid currently almost liek an interest free mortage or will this be compounded over the term of the loan to give a value of shares to be a allocated?

IF the club is paying the interest currently it seems some one may well be able to have their cake and eat it!

I don't think the details are fully clear. I'm told the trust has requested the information but have had no reply.

New investment? on 16:45 - Jan 20 with 570 viewsvetchonian

New investment? on 16:28 - Jan 20 by Chief

I don't think the details are fully clear. I'm told the trust has requested the information but have had no reply.

I wonder why?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024