Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall 15:30 - Jan 19 with 1200 viewsWhiterockin

Wow, ball in your park Drakeford.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-60046073
Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 15:50 - Jan 19 with 1179 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Drakeford will dither for two weeks, wait for Nicola to follow then he will follow saying he was being cautious, careful and followed the scientific evidence.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 15:52 - Jan 19 with 1176 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What a difference a single month makes in the headlines.
Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 16:39 - Jan 19 with 1142 viewsmajorraglan

Looks very promising, but the number of deaths is still high and above the 200 which was indicated as a threshold for Plan B.

The question I would ask is are the changes being made because of the science or is it to satisfy a political need I.e. save Boris? If it’s the former great, if it’s the latter then it’s not such good news.
Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 16:42 - Jan 19 with 1137 viewscontroversial_jack

Cases going up in England. 96k and just 2k in Wales
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 16:49]
Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 16:46 - Jan 19 with 1129 viewsonehunglow

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 16:39 - Jan 19 by majorraglan

Looks very promising, but the number of deaths is still high and above the 200 which was indicated as a threshold for Plan B.

The question I would ask is are the changes being made because of the science or is it to satisfy a political need I.e. save Boris? If it’s the former great, if it’s the latter then it’s not such good news.

I see this as a cynical ploy by this humongous cretin of a Pm to save his oily neck.
He cares not a lot about how many get Covid.not unless it affects his career.

Why are so many Labour people in Wales looking to Boris decision like this .Because it suits ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 17:46 - Jan 19 with 1084 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 16:46 - Jan 19 by onehunglow

I see this as a cynical ploy by this humongous cretin of a Pm to save his oily neck.

Why are so many Labour people in Wales looking to Boris decision like this .Because it suits ?

Guess it was a cynical ploy by Drakeford and Nicola to ease their restrictions as well after the outcry when they imposed their draconian restrictions on Boxing day.

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 17:51 - Jan 19 with 1072 viewsFlashberryjack

Two week later Drakeford will sort it, as long as it's ok with Sturgeon and the WRU.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 20:11 - Jan 19 with 1017 viewsPawelAbbott

The cases aren't going down, they've just told people to stop getting tested. 108k positive cases and ~450 cases and they decide no one needs a mask. It's all about saving Boris
Login to get fewer ads

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 08:12 - Jan 20 with 941 viewsKilkennyjack

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 16:46 - Jan 19 by onehunglow

Correct OHL - its about saving Johnson only.

Beware of the Risen People

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 09:07 - Jan 20 with 922 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 08:12 - Jan 20 by Kilkennyjack

Correct OHL - its about saving Johnson only.

I see Drakeford and Nicola recent U-turn as a cynical ploy to deflect the public outrage after their draconian restrictions introduced on boxing day. Could it be local elections are due shortly in Wales and Scotland.

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 10:53 - Jan 20 with 902 viewshobo

About time Johnson grew a pair. The rules had to be scrapped 18 months ago
Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 12:30 - Jan 20 with 874 viewswhiterock

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 09:07 - Jan 20 by felixstowe_jack

I see Drakeford and Nicola recent U-turn as a cynical ploy to deflect the public outrage after their draconian restrictions introduced on boxing day. Could it be local elections are due shortly in Wales and Scotland.

The figures do seem to be dropping but is that because you are expected to do a lateral flow test at home, and not a PCR, who registers these LFTs? ....... exactly
Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 12:56 - Jan 20 with 862 viewsbuilthjack

I just read that there were 359 Covid deaths in the UK yesterday. I had to reread it. 3 times. But its right.

It would seem Johnson is ding it to try and save his skin.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 14:33 - Jan 20 with 837 viewsKilkennyjack

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 12:56 - Jan 20 by builthjack

I just read that there were 359 Covid deaths in the UK yesterday. I had to reread it. 3 times. But its right.

Yep - the timing alone tells us this.

Wake up people.

Beware of the Risen People

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 14:47 - Jan 20 with 830 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 12:56 - Jan 20 by builthjack

Correct 359 in UK
301 in England, 29 in Scotland, 23 in Wales, 6 in NI.

Deaths in Scotland Wales and England are still high but that did not stop Nicola or Drakeford doing their U turns ovet restrictions.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 14:50]

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 14:51 - Jan 20 with 821 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 14:33 - Jan 20 by Kilkennyjack

Yep - the timing alone tells us this.

Wake up people.

I think everyone realises Drakeford's and Nicola's U turns were made with one eye on May elections.

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 20:39 - Jan 20 with 755 viewsbuilthjack

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 14:47 - Jan 20 by felixstowe_jack

Correct 359 in UK
301 in England, 29 in Scotland, 23 in Wales, 6 in NI.

Deaths in Scotland Wales and England are still high but that did not stop Nicola or Drakeford doing their U turns ovet restrictions.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 14:50]

So you agree that Johnson is doing it to save his skin?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 20:49 - Jan 20 with 741 viewsDr_Winston

Whilst there is no doubt an element of Politicking in Johnson's decision to lift all restrictions now, there's also no doubt that the additional measures put in place over Christmas in Wales and Scotland were both ineffective and unnecessary.

He doesn't come out of it looking good, but Sturgeon and Drakeford look worse. They're lifting restrictions that they imposed that we didn't even need and hoping to get credit for it.

Sad thing is they probably will in a lot of places.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 21:18]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 20:51 - Jan 20 with 736 viewsWhiterockin

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 20:39 - Jan 20 by builthjack

So you agree that Johnson is doing it to save his skin?

Don't let your dislike of someone cloud your judgment. IMO the natural resistance to the virus is far greater in England than it currently is in Wales. This is due to the lighter restrictions compared to what have had here. All that is happening is England is moving forward to the life we will all be leading shortly.
Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 21:16 - Jan 20 with 694 viewsLohengrin

It’s been my experience, I don’t know about yours, that most folks’ interest in restrictions has largely evaporated.

They’ve mostly been triple-jabbed and have taken the attitude: ‘enough now.’

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 21:19 - Jan 20 with 682 viewsDr_Winston

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 21:16 - Jan 20 by Lohengrin

It’s been my experience, I don’t know about yours, that most folks’ interest in restrictions has largely evaporated.

I've worn a mask every time I've been shopping since they became mandatory, but watching a good 60-70% of people in Tesco earlier not bothering I'm beginning to wonder why I do.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 21:21 - Jan 20 with 680 viewsWhiterockin

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 21:16 - Jan 20 by Lohengrin

100% agree. The majority feel it is time to move on. Some may want restraint but surely that can be self imposed.
Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 21:27 - Jan 20 with 661 viewsLohengrin

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 21:19 - Jan 20 by Dr_Winston

I've worn a mask every time I've been shopping since they became mandatory, but watching a good 60-70% of people in Tesco earlier not bothering I'm beginning to wonder why I do.

I wear a mask indoors when out and about too, though mostly out of habit by now.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Most Covid rules to be scrapped in England as cases fall on 21:27 - Jan 20 with 659 viewsJack_Meoff

Johnson’s position is, being kind, precarious. Are we witnessing him cave to the CRG to keep his position a bit longer?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024