Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby Liquidation a Possibility 08:49 - Jan 20 with 2287 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Administrators struggling with cashflow, liabilities and potential future legal action.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 09:18 - Jan 20 with 1362 viewsCatullus

Maybe if a fairly big club actually goes under others will be more careful. Bury going didn't seem to bother people, maybe Derby will be a wake up call?

Not that I'm wishing it to happen, I know how I'd feel if it was us.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 09:38 - Jan 20 with 1330 viewsVincent_Vega

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 09:18 - Jan 20 by Catullus

Maybe if a fairly big club actually goes under others will be more careful. Bury going didn't seem to bother people, maybe Derby will be a wake up call?

I really do feel for Derby Fans with this, seems like eons ago but we were not far off this basket case level of ownership. While I understand to an extent Wycombe's grievance in wanting compo Borough are out of line trying that on. Crimes committed by a former owner and now these clubs are trying to get money out of a club that CLEARLY do not have a pot. All its doing is turning off any potential new owners and thus edging the club close to the precipice. Oh and the EFL dont help (obviously)

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 09:47 - Jan 20 with 1316 views3swan

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 09:18 - Jan 20 by Catullus

Certain fans of age will remember our two times. Not a good feeling even though the football world is more money driven today the fans will be suffering
Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 09:50 - Jan 20 with 1308 viewsKeithHaynes

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 09:47 - Jan 20 by 3swan

Certain fans of age will remember our two times. Not a good feeling even though the football world is more money driven today the fans will be suffering

The 1986 issue when Doug came up with the support etc. Was that the same as the 2001 CVA ?
I’m only asking for a friend.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 09:58 - Jan 20 with 1289 views3swan

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 09:50 - Jan 20 by KeithHaynes

The 1986 issue when Doug came up with the support etc. Was that the same as the 2001 CVA ?

You expect me to remember that far back😀 Hope Swanseajill is well and reading as she could answer better than me. Short answer first time was worse as the threat seemed more real. Second time seemed less so and more ‘amicable’ if that’s the word to use
Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 10:03 - Jan 20 with 1281 views3swan

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 09:58 - Jan 20 by 3swan

You expect me to remember that far back😀 Hope Swanseajill is well and reading as she could answer better than me. Short answer first time was worse as the threat seemed more real. Second time seemed less so and more ‘amicable’ if that’s the word to use

Just to add the first time no internet so all limited info of what was happening. Second time internet and much more info from those closely involved 👏😏
Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 10:54 - Jan 20 with 1215 viewsonehunglow

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 09:58 - Jan 20 by 3swan

She wished me a happy birthday recently via facebook.
Great girl is Ma'am

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 13:00 - Jan 20 with 1120 viewsvetchonian

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 09:50 - Jan 20 by KeithHaynes

Two seperate instances as I am sure you are aware Keith!
I still rememeber being on the Grange End up at Ninian on the BOxing Day for the game many of us thought could be the last we would see with the buckets being passed around.
Who would have thought 15 years later we would find ourselves in a similar position.
Worrying thing is if it happened again I doubt we could repeat the feat of "rescueing" the club as an EFL entity.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 13:28 - Jan 20 with 1082 viewsjasper_T

Just the other day administrators rejected a £1.5m offer for a player.
Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 13:35 - Jan 20 with 1066 viewsKeithHaynes

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 13:00 - Jan 20 by vetchonian

I still rememeber being on the Grange End up at Ninian on the BOxing Day for the game many of us thought could be the last we would see with the buckets being passed around.
Who would have thought 15 years later we would find ourselves in a similar position.
Worrying thing is if it happened again I doubt we could repeat the feat of "rescueing" the club as an EFL entity.

It felt very different at the time, granted a long time ago, nothing in 1986 seemed to correlate with 2001. I never really saw 86 as anything other than a few people at the club not paying the staff insurance stamps. Although we came closer to closing than in 2001.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 13:43 - Jan 20 with 1043 viewsjasper_T

Burnley in trouble as well. Not paid wages. Bought a club that doesn't make much money using the Glazer/Man Utd model.

Someone go and bring Connor back before they default on future payments.
Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 13:52 - Jan 20 with 1032 viewsmagicdaps10

I would have thought it bad a few years back but we have been cherry picked over the years.

BUT

Anyone decent at Derby that would fit in with us?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 13:58 - Jan 20 with 1018 viewsReslovenSwan1

I recall the Vetch being sold for £1.5m to the council to save the club and Liverpool FC sending a team down to play a benefit friendly match.

What worries me is the fact that the fans have turned on the people that saved the club and made it great. The bad days of the club being owned by dodgy people and opportunists have gone but could return.

The club was and will be again saved by local business people who not only saved the club but made money at the same time. Saving the club was great for the fans but 'making money' by selling share in the club is perceived as a crime and unforgivable. It is a flawed way of thinking that almost guarantees failure.

Good management means success on the field and money in the pockets of shareholders. At least it means no dilution. Steve Gibson of Middesborough is splashing the cash again and down by huge losses is seen a "an ideal chairman". £100m in the red personally and no better off than Swansea. All other shareholders heavily diluted. ​

The SCST if they want to be seen as credible future saviours need to do nothing to convince members. However to people like me they are not credible unless they present a credible business plan and investigate investment policy to mitigate against inflation. Their football shares rise and fall. Their cash outside the club only falls (currently 5% per year) . They cannot save the club with all their shares in the club. It has to be a sensible mix of high risk assets (football ) and low risk assets (to be determined property for example).

Wise sage since Toshack era

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 14:19 - Jan 20 with 996 views3swan

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 10:54 - Jan 20 by onehunglow

She wished me a happy birthday recently via facebook.
Great girl is Ma'am

Hope she is in better health. I don't do Twitter or Facebook, they are just a passing fad 😀
Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 14:22 - Jan 20 with 990 views3swan

It was Man U that played the Benefit game not Liverpool. Liverpool wrote off money owed to them.
Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 14:34 - Jan 20 with 970 viewsCatullus

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 14:22 - Jan 20 by 3swan

It was Man U that played the Benefit game not Liverpool. Liverpool wrote off money owed to them.

Yes I remember it well, the Vetch was heaving, they had to walk people around the pitch because the terraces were overflowing but the attendance given was hardly representative!

Jesper Olsen scored one didn't he.

I worked a turnstile and people were paying to come in and saying keep the change. The downside to that was (as I found out later) several other gatemen had a nice little earner, pocketing the difference, some of them robbed the club blind.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 14:42 - Jan 20 with 964 views3swan

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 14:34 - Jan 20 by Catullus

Yes I remember it well, the Vetch was heaving, they had to walk people around the pitch because the terraces were overflowing but the attendance given was hardly representative!

Jesper Olsen scored one didn't he.

I worked a turnstile and people were paying to come in and saying keep the change. The downside to that was (as I found out later) several other gatemen had a nice little earner, pocketing the difference, some of them robbed the club blind.

Memory tells me 18000 crowd but many stories saying far more. It did seem the end especially when the Walsall game was postponed.
Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 14:54 - Jan 20 with 947 viewsvetchonian

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 13:58 - Jan 20 by ReslovenSwan1

I recall the Vetch being sold for £1.5m to the council to save the club and Liverpool FC sending a team down to play a benefit friendly match.

What worries me is the fact that the fans have turned on the people that saved the club and made it great. The bad days of the club being owned by dodgy people and opportunists have gone but could return.

The club was and will be again saved by local business people who not only saved the club but made money at the same time. Saving the club was great for the fans but 'making money' by selling share in the club is perceived as a crime and unforgivable. It is a flawed way of thinking that almost guarantees failure.

Good management means success on the field and money in the pockets of shareholders. At least it means no dilution. Steve Gibson of Middesborough is splashing the cash again and down by huge losses is seen a "an ideal chairman". £100m in the red personally and no better off than Swansea. All other shareholders heavily diluted. ​

The SCST if they want to be seen as credible future saviours need to do nothing to convince members. However to people like me they are not credible unless they present a credible business plan and investigate investment policy to mitigate against inflation. Their football shares rise and fall. Their cash outside the club only falls (currently 5% per year) . They cannot save the club with all their shares in the club. It has to be a sensible mix of high risk assets (football ) and low risk assets (to be determined property for example).

The Vetch had been sold to the council long before that back in the 1970s...there was talk in the 70s of building a supermarket behind the Northbank

Many people said it was silly to have a plan to develop a ground the club didnt own there were plans to extend the new development form the NEw East stand through the centre stand and a repalce the double decker....funded by the "bond" scheme...the money spent on tha East may have been better invested in the team then maybe the club mught have had linger in the top flight and been able to grow from there.

Oh yes you keep bring up our latest saviours...whilst they gambled their £50K they only got that opportunity thanks to someone who put up a lot more money what was £800K to buy the debt.....
THis benefactor did get some return I think he git the club shop in WIlliam Streer but then gave his shares back to the club gratis and the then shareholders some of whom later sold out at great profit all gained a share of these at no cost according to the terms of a shareholder agreement which was said never to have existed

Stop trying to rewrite history ....it seems something that is becoming a regular thing in here

The man who really saved this club didnt walk away with millions after also benefiting with a very good salary......For example HJ could have operated as Chairman at a uch reduced salary and still done well after all he was one who kept saying this was not just another club and "by the fans for the fans"

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 15:11 - Jan 20 with 927 viewsmagicdaps10

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 14:54 - Jan 20 by vetchonian

The Vetch had been sold to the council long before that back in the 1970s...there was talk in the 70s of building a supermarket behind the Northbank

Many people said it was silly to have a plan to develop a ground the club didnt own there were plans to extend the new development form the NEw East stand through the centre stand and a repalce the double decker....funded by the "bond" scheme...the money spent on tha East may have been better invested in the team then maybe the club mught have had linger in the top flight and been able to grow from there.

Oh yes you keep bring up our latest saviours...whilst they gambled their £50K they only got that opportunity thanks to someone who put up a lot more money what was £800K to buy the debt.....
THis benefactor did get some return I think he git the club shop in WIlliam Streer but then gave his shares back to the club gratis and the then shareholders some of whom later sold out at great profit all gained a share of these at no cost according to the terms of a shareholder agreement which was said never to have existed

Stop trying to rewrite history ....it seems something that is becoming a regular thing in here

The man who really saved this club didnt walk away with millions after also benefiting with a very good salary......For example HJ could have operated as Chairman at a uch reduced salary and still done well after all he was one who kept saying this was not just another club and "by the fans for the fans"

Mel Nurse has a lot of credit but nowhere near enough he deserves.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 15:13 - Jan 20 with 922 viewsReslovenSwan1

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 14:54 - Jan 20 by vetchonian

Resentment at owner making money exists and it should not.

Obviously there are some heroic figures in the club history who made small money and made huge contributions to the club on and off the pitch. They should be properly recognised. This should not distract for the people that did make a tidy sum (not massive) while handing over a strong going concern.

People bought and sold shares unaware of the future development of the club. There is no reason to resent the people than developed Morfa and Fairwood from scratch.

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 15:26 - Jan 20 with 911 viewsvetchonian

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 15:13 - Jan 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Resentment at owner making money exists and it should not.

Obviously there are some heroic figures in the club history who made small money and made huge contributions to the club on and off the pitch. They should be properly recognised. This should not distract for the people that did make a tidy sum (not massive) while handing over a strong going concern.

People bought and sold shares unaware of the future development of the club. There is no reason to resent the people than developed Morfa and Fairwood from scratch.

The resentment comes form the manner of the sale, yes the legacy of Landore was left yet how many players has it produced for the first team?

There could have and should have been a clear strategy to develop players to step up in to the squad to prevent spending silly money the club could not afford.....and I repeat persons could have taken a lower salary not benchmarked against market value but that is history.

No problems with people making money as I say it was the manner in whihc the whole thing was done!

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 15:41 - Jan 20 with 884 viewsvetchonian

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 15:11 - Jan 20 by magicdaps10

Mel Nurse has a lot of credit but nowhere near enough he deserves.

There was talk of naming a stand after him...they should name the stadium the Mel Nurse or MN stadium for without him I doubt it would have needed to be built!

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 15:44 - Jan 20 with 882 viewsReslovenSwan1

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 15:26 - Jan 20 by vetchonian

The resentment comes form the manner of the sale, yes the legacy of Landore was left yet how many players has it produced for the first team?

There could have and should have been a clear strategy to develop players to step up in to the squad to prevent spending silly money the club could not afford.....and I repeat persons could have taken a lower salary not benchmarked against market value but that is history.

No problems with people making money as I say it was the manner in whihc the whole thing was done!

Yours is well trodden narrative I do not accept. Swansea were guided by people resented by the fans to the greatest 20 years in the clubs history and it is not finished.

Roberts, Rodon, James , McBurney, Cabango, Brandon Cooper Ollie Cooper Garrick to name a few. More to come according to Jasper all infused with the club philosophy.

The 'poor little' trust only ever invested £200k and owned 21% of a premier league football team. Two sets of US buyers were put on a table in front of them in the PL with money to spend . Big money. They left both tables penniless. No one to blame but themselves from what I have read.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 15:47]

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 16:03 - Jan 20 with 857 viewsvetchonian

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 15:44 - Jan 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Yours is well trodden narrative I do not accept. Swansea were guided by people resented by the fans to the greatest 20 years in the clubs history and it is not finished.

Roberts, Rodon, James , McBurney, Cabango, Brandon Cooper Ollie Cooper Garrick to name a few. More to come according to Jasper all infused with the club philosophy.

The 'poor little' trust only ever invested £200k and owned 21% of a premier league football team. Two sets of US buyers were put on a table in front of them in the PL with money to spend . Big money. They left both tables penniless. No one to blame but themselves from what I have read.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 15:47]

again you are rewritting history whilst the first set of buyers were presented to the Trust the current owners were not with tales of dont worry about the Trust and then dodgy dealings regarding shareholder agreements, fictional board meetings.....

Personally I have no stance over the Trust....
A great concept but it was marginalised and as a result it finds itself where it is today....without the Trust possibly those you keep praising may never had had the opportunity to do what they did.

I am greateful for thier intercession but the manner of the sale is what leaves a bad taste in my mouth....

Whil;st yes you can quote these players why is it we have to go outside of the club to fill our team?

I understand we need to sell some players to keep us going but surely by now we should have a team the majoruty of which has come through our acadamy like the class of 92 at United.

Derby Liquidation a Possibility on 16:16 - Jan 20 with 833 viewsBadlands

Which is why it is so important that ALL our shareholders and fans realise financial prudence at this time is more important than promotion based on money we don’t have.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024