Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? 16:58 - Jan 28 with 5534 viewsReslovenSwan1

Pato is on 22 games. At 25 games a new deal automatically kicks in. What happens next?

a) Pato tells Martin he wants more money and he is not playing again until he gets it.

b) Pato plays 25+ and asks for an upgraded deal.

c) Pato gets his head down and fulfills his contract.

My opinion.
I put it to you the early extension of the deal is irrelevant because Pato might have already opted for option a). I believe Pato might have told Martin w he was not playing any more games.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:04 - Jan 28 with 2201 viewsdemonk

If that was the case why did martin say he got 18 months left on his contract. He must have agreed to extension. Seems can't have been happy with terms agreed
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:12 - Jan 28 with 2183 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:04 - Jan 28 by demonk

If that was the case why did martin say he got 18 months left on his contract. He must have agreed to extension. Seems can't have been happy with terms agreed

Pato has not agreed the extension or else regrets it. I am suggesting it is irrelevant to Pato as he was not going to play extension or not.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:19 - Jan 28 with 2167 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:12 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Pato has not agreed the extension or else regrets it. I am suggesting it is irrelevant to Pato as he was not going to play extension or not.

The club took up their option and extended the contract. This is what the issue is all about.
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:36 - Jan 28 with 2108 viewsjack_lord

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:19 - Jan 28 by Whiterockin

The club took up their option and extended the contract. This is what the issue is all about.

Its bizarre. Well documented that the club took the option to extend his contract early and all seemed rosy.
Something has changed and he seems gutted he cannot get a pay award for being good. His trump card was the 25 games and maybe he thought he could hold the club to ransom on 24 games but Swansea rewarded him with the extension.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:43 - Jan 28 with 2089 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:19 - Jan 28 by Whiterockin

I am putting it out there that Pato had already decided he was not playing anymore games.

I have put to you a scenario where the contract was not extended. Nothing would be different Pato would not be playing. Some people can think between the lines others just accept narratives.

"Pato was upset at the extension that is why he is on strike". I say false.

More likely Pato told Martin he was not playing any more. Only then did Swansea city activate the extension early. Big difference. Some can understand the difference other do not have the mental capacity.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:43 - Jan 28 with 2084 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:36 - Jan 28 by jack_lord

Its bizarre. Well documented that the club took the option to extend his contract early and all seemed rosy.
Something has changed and he seems gutted he cannot get a pay award for being good. His trump card was the 25 games and maybe he thought he could hold the club to ransom on 24 games but Swansea rewarded him with the extension.

I'll be generous and say his agent ballsed up. This is being kind to Patterson. He is with us for another 18 months on the same pay, unless we get what we have stated we want for him. His wages are low enough to let him stew. The club are holding all the cards and he is in a corner. IMO he will go on Monday because he's blown it.
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:46 - Jan 28 with 2077 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:43 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

I am putting it out there that Pato had already decided he was not playing anymore games.

I have put to you a scenario where the contract was not extended. Nothing would be different Pato would not be playing. Some people can think between the lines others just accept narratives.

More likely Pato told Martin he was not playing any more. Only then did Swansea city activate the extension early. Big difference. Some can understand the difference other do not have the mental capacity.

Don't try and be patronising the contract was extended before he had the strop. This is a fact.
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:53 - Jan 28 with 2043 viewsjack_lord

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:46 - Jan 28 by Whiterockin

Don't try and be patronising the contract was extended before he had the strop. This is a fact.

Exactly and why even suggest "Some can understand the difference other do not have the mental capacity".
Why Resloven says this a peculiar. A lot of the footballing side of his write ups are decent.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:57 - Jan 28 with 2027 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:53 - Jan 28 by jack_lord

Exactly and why even suggest "Some can understand the difference other do not have the mental capacity".
Why Resloven says this a peculiar. A lot of the footballing side of his write ups are decent.

Hes a decent poster. To undermine the intelligence of other posters is not acceptable. Hopefully it will not happen again.
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:58 - Jan 28 with 2026 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:43 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

You could be right RS1 although clearly we are all trying to join the dots with guesses to fill in the blanks - in your scenario it could have played :-

1. WBA let it be know they are keen & float some much bigger weekly wage numbers to his agent which he relays to Pato reminding him that if he hits the 25 game point the club can extend his contract on same terms.
2. Pato let’s RM know of the above & once he passes that onto JW/MA/JS etc they find a way to extend his contract prior to the 25 match point on the same terms to protect his value & hope he’ll go with it.
3. Pato discusses with his agent & decides to, in effect, go on strike.

Now if your scenario is right best option for all sides would be a sale/exit & definitely between now and 11PM on Monday - anywhere north of £500K should achieve that, maybe with a further £500K if the successful club got promoted - if that doesn’t happen & his strike continues then follow the clubs rules so fines & if he pulls the ‘mental issues’ card then request Drs note & statutory sick pay until the end of the season.
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:58 - Jan 28 with 2026 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:46 - Jan 28 by Whiterockin

Where did you get this fact? I do not accept this scenario without evidence.

Why did the club extend early as Pato would already have extended automatically by now with out it?

I believe Pato might have already informed the club of his reluctance to play on. This and this coincided with reported Covid or other injuries concerns .

I have asked what happened next.a) b) or c). You have not answered.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:58 - Jan 28 with 2016 viewsdobjack2

Not sure the point you are making.

If the club hadn't triggered an extension he had 6 months left on his contract and would go on little more than a free now or free in the summer.
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:01 - Jan 28 with 2003 viewsChief

d) he signs a pre-contract agreement to join someone else for free (joining them in the summer) before the 25 games elapse. Dates and covid postponements dependant.

Impossible to predict how he would have performed for us in the second half of the season though.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:07 - Jan 28 with 1988 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:57 - Jan 28 by Whiterockin

Hes a decent poster. To undermine the intelligence of other posters is not acceptable. Hopefully it will not happen again.

It will happen again whether you like it or not. Its called free speech. Some people will not understand the thread it is a little 'subtle'. If people do not understand this subtlety do not worry about it. The forum is a broad church and i do not insult anyone.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:13 - Jan 28 with 1966 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:58 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Where did you get this fact? I do not accept this scenario without evidence.

Why did the club extend early as Pato would already have extended automatically by now with out it?

I believe Pato might have already informed the club of his reluctance to play on. This and this coincided with reported Covid or other injuries concerns .

I have asked what happened next.a) b) or c). You have not answered.

Where did you get this fact? I do not accept this scenario without evidence?

I was told second had from someone who should 100% know. You will not get evidence until the club announce it. It is not a scenario its a fact.

As I replied to you on an earlier thread. The club extended because they got wind a club were making a move to get him on the cheap. It was within the contract that the CLUB could extend the contract at any time they chose this they did.

I really don't know what your issue with this is. The club have stated that he has 18 months left on his contract. Let's draw a line on this and move on without bad feelings.
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:13 - Jan 28 with 1964 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 17:58 - Jan 28 by dobjack2

Not sure the point you are making.

If the club hadn't triggered an extension he had 6 months left on his contract and would go on little more than a free now or free in the summer.

The point I am making is that in all probability Pato had declined to play for Swansea city before the extension. He was perhaps quoted wages based on him being a free transfer signing in the Summer. He could therefore not play another 3 games.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:25 - Jan 28 with 1920 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:13 - Jan 28 by Whiterockin

Where did you get this fact? I do not accept this scenario without evidence?

I was told second had from someone who should 100% know. You will not get evidence until the club announce it. It is not a scenario its a fact.

As I replied to you on an earlier thread. The club extended because they got wind a club were making a move to get him on the cheap. It was within the contract that the CLUB could extend the contract at any time they chose this they did.

I really don't know what your issue with this is. The club have stated that he has 18 months left on his contract. Let's draw a line on this and move on without bad feelings.

You have not answered the question a), b) or c) and I do not blame you.

Its subtle. Second hand information is irrelevant. Had the deal not been extended in my view would make little difference to fans. He still would not be playing.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:27 - Jan 28 with 1907 viewsjack_lord

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:13 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

The point I am making is that in all probability Pato had declined to play for Swansea city before the extension. He was perhaps quoted wages based on him being a free transfer signing in the Summer. He could therefore not play another 3 games.

Unless you know something different then it is an assumption. I can see why because almost immediately after the club announced they had triggered the extension then Patterson appeared to throw his toys out of the pram.
If games had not been postponed he would have played the three games though so unless someone comes forward we have to discount assumptions.

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:34 - Jan 28 with 1884 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:25 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

You have not answered the question a), b) or c) and I do not blame you.

Its subtle. Second hand information is irrelevant. Had the deal not been extended in my view would make little difference to fans. He still would not be playing.

a) Pato tells Martin he wants more money and he is not playing again until he gets it.

He is not on much money the club could sit it out and continue to fine him.

b) Pato plays 25+ and asks for an upgraded deal.

Too late for that because the extended contract is in place. He has gone the wrong way about getting a pay increase and he has been badly advised.

c) Pato gets his head down and fulfills his contract.

RM has offered him the chance to do this but will the supporters accept this.
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:37 - Jan 28 with 1876 viewsdobjack2

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:13 - Jan 28 by ReslovenSwan1

If he's been tapped up through his agent then as the extension has been triggered by the club without him playing, it would appear that someone hasn't been reading the small print in the contract.
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:39 - Jan 28 with 1864 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:27 - Jan 28 by jack_lord

Unless you know something different then it is an assumption. I can see why because almost immediately after the club announced they had triggered the extension then Patterson appeared to throw his toys out of the pram.
If games had not been postponed he would have played the three games though so unless someone comes forward we have to discount assumptions.

Your answer is then b) presumably. I suspect there was a stand off well before this.

The Manager said "Pato's deal has been extended early so we do not need to worry about this ANYMORE".

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:40 - Jan 28 with 1861 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:37 - Jan 28 by dobjack2

If he's been tapped up through his agent then as the extension has been triggered by the club without him playing, it would appear that someone hasn't been reading the small print in the contract.

Spot on.
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:49 - Jan 28 with 1830 viewsjasper_T

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:01 - Jan 28 by Chief

d) he signs a pre-contract agreement to join someone else for free (joining them in the summer) before the 25 games elapse. Dates and covid postponements dependant.

Impossible to predict how he would have performed for us in the second half of the season though.

He couldn't sign anything with domestic clubs until the end of the season. He could have spoken to foreign clubs with less than 6 months on his deal, but British players aren't in demand in the EU for obvious reasons, and most leagues of similar quality pay far less than the Championship anyway.
Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:51 - Jan 28 with 1825 viewsmagicdaps10

So has the extension been triggered?

I just think he wants a better wage based on his 4 month performance with us. He was desperate for a contract in the summer and now he is acting the "I deserve" after 4 months.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:53 - Jan 28 with 1815 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea do not extend Pato's deal. What happens next? on 18:51 - Jan 28 by magicdaps10

So has the extension been triggered?

I just think he wants a better wage based on his 4 month performance with us. He was desperate for a contract in the summer and now he is acting the "I deserve" after 4 months.

Yes the club triggered the 12 month extension before he threw the strop.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024