Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are now in 20th place, 4 points above the relegation zone* 21:53 - Feb 1 with 5779 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

*before the massive point deductions to Derby and Reading are applied.

If this is a 'transition', can somebody please, genuinely, explain to me the positive aspects of this transition we have seen as the final third of the season rapidly approaches?

I am baffled that so many continue to not only defend what is happening.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

We are now in 20th place, 4 points above the relegation zone* on 22:01 - Feb 1 with 5728 viewsunion_jack

I fear the support is waning now.

I think it was only fair to give RM a chance but there are so many failings in our style of play I fear for us, if not this season then next.

This window has depressed a lot of us (and Martin too probably) but he’s got a job to do and I’m not sure he’s up to it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

We are now in 20th place, 4 points above the relegation zone* on 22:06 - Feb 1 with 5695 viewsPawelAbbott

In serious risk of being dragged into the relegation spots even with the points deductions
We are now in 20th place, 4 points above the relegation zone* on 04:31 - Feb 2 with 5385 viewsjojaca

I am sorry to say this, but Russell Martin's way of playing has been found out at this level, throughout the season he should have been tweeking the system to suit playing personal, but he still sets us out like we Pep's Man City. Looking at our squad, I still think we are top half material with right coaching set up.

The crowd don't lie either and it's been like a library for the majority of the season. Just no spark in our play, just damp passing after passing after passing after passing(the goals that way lads?).
[Post edited 2 Feb 2022 4:33]

Even when you know, you never know?

We are now in 20th place, 4 points above the relegation zone* on 05:05 - Feb 2 with 5352 viewsDr_Parnassus

I’m not too concerned about relegation as it stands as we are always capable of 3 points somewhere and then putting a little run together, and with the deductions this season we may not need too many more wins.

I’m concerned about the system and the style of play long term. It’s so easy to play against, it has gaping weaknesses and it’s just not a good system. It wasn’t very good for MK Dons either so I’m not sure what it is we are actually aiming for.

We would be far better going with a Rodgers or Martinez system if we do insist on going back to a possession based style. Martin’s just doesn’t work and has never worked, the reasons for that have been done to death and stated quite clearly very early on by those willing to actually read the situation.

This needs changing. Playing “better” every now and again when we are comparing to seriously bad performances isn’t a sign of progression, it’s a sign our standards are regressing.

Split the games we have played this season in half, and we are returning less points now than we were at the start - and we all know how bad the start was.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

We are now in 20th place, 4 points above the relegation zone* on 06:32 - Feb 2 with 5307 viewsPawelAbbott

This time last year we had a quite realistic chance of finishing second. A better January window and we could well have done it. We lost a few players but then we spent a lot on Obafemi, Downes and Piroe. Arguably, we have a better midfield this season but weaker at the back. Many of the first 11 would still be the envy of most teams outside the top 3 or 4.
Here we are in 19th.
Martins 'style over points' is killing the team. Where is the enjoyment in watching a team who can't score, half the team playing out of position and losing week in, week out?
The sooner he goes, the better.
There are enough games left to build something for next season.
With Martin that will be in League 1
We are now in 20th place, 4 points above the relegation zone* on 07:57 - Feb 2 with 5228 viewsThornburyswan

We are now in 20th place, 4 points above the relegation zone* on 22:06 - Feb 1 by PawelAbbott

In serious risk of being dragged into the relegation spots even with the points deductions

Potentially although teams typically need 47/48 points to stay up but with the points deductions this season that might be on the high side - Peterborough would need to collect a further 27 points from 19 matches to get to 47 for example - we currently have 32 so probably need around 15 points from our 19 games. Looks an ask right now but law of averages suggest we’ll fall over a win or two so suspect we will be ok.

All that said the sudden withdrawal of support for RM mid window would suggest our American friends are having second thoughts, just no clue whether those doubts are about RM or owning the club!
We are now in 20th place, 4 points above the relegation zone* on 11:26 - Feb 2 with 5122 viewsBadlands

We are now in 20th place, 4 points above the relegation zone* on 06:32 - Feb 2 by PawelAbbott

This time last year we had a quite realistic chance of finishing second. A better January window and we could well have done it. We lost a few players but then we spent a lot on Obafemi, Downes and Piroe. Arguably, we have a better midfield this season but weaker at the back. Many of the first 11 would still be the envy of most teams outside the top 3 or 4.
Here we are in 19th.
Martins 'style over points' is killing the team. Where is the enjoyment in watching a team who can't score, half the team playing out of position and losing week in, week out?
The sooner he goes, the better.
There are enough games left to build something for next season.
With Martin that will be in League 1

A realistic chance of 2nd and we blew it. Promotion through ply offs and we blew it as we did the season before.
We are nor 4 points of the relegation zone - we are 12 points above Peterborough with a 25 goal advantage.
Why are you so desperate for relegation?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

We are now in 20th place, 4 points above the relegation zone* on 11:28 - Feb 2 with 5119 viewsonehunglow

We are now in 20th place, 4 points above the relegation zone* on 11:26 - Feb 2 by Badlands

A realistic chance of 2nd and we blew it. Promotion through ply offs and we blew it as we did the season before.
We are nor 4 points of the relegation zone - we are 12 points above Peterborough with a 25 goal advantage.

Are you happy then Badl.

You happy with simply avoiding the drop

Not winning games gives you no points

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

We are now in 20th place, 4 points above the relegation zone* on 13:06 - Feb 2 with 5076 viewsPawelAbbott

We are now in 20th place, 4 points above the relegation zone* on 11:26 - Feb 2 by Badlands

I didn't say we are 4 points off relegation.
I'm desperate to avoid relegation. That's why I would like to see the end of this failed experiment.
Give someone else the chance for the last 18 games or so. Give them a full pre-season.
Don't wait until mid-june, then wrangle on a few weeks talking to other managers. End up with someone in late July and then another season trotting out the usual lines.
Yes, we had a realistic chance of second. 12 months later and we are in the bottom 6.
We are now in 20th place, 4 points above the relegation zone* on 13:14 - Feb 2 with 5062 viewsDr_Parnassus

It wasn’t realistic at all.

We had an incredible first half of the season, even if we kept that incredible form up until the end of the season we would still have fallen short of 2nd by 8 points (and GD).

We were also massive underdogs going into the playoff final against an excellent Brentford side that we had only beaten once in a couple of years, and who had beaten us by 2 goals or more in half our meetings over that time.

With 10 men for a third of the game on top of already being heavy underdogs, it’s ridiculous to say we blew it. We lost just as we were expected to.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

We are now in 20th place, 4 points above the relegation zone* on 13:30 - Feb 2 with 5043 viewsbuilthjack

The season before, 2019-20, we blew it.
1-0 up and Ayew missed a penalty.
This season we will go on a run and be well clear of relegation.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

We are now in 20th place, 4 points above the relegation zone* on 14:47 - Feb 2 with 4989 viewsonehunglow

We are now in 20th place, 4 points above the relegation zone* on 13:30 - Feb 2 by builthjack

The season before, 2019-20, we blew it.
1-0 up and Ayew missed a penalty.
This season we will go on a run and be well clear of relegation.

I could have posted that.
I could also have posted Jesus want s me to be a sunbeam .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024